• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
“World Of Light is so hard, that it feels like playing the final boss of a Dark Souls game many times in a row”
I like the thing that I heard about the Devil May Cry 5 reviews (from Fact Fiend).

Capcom: "The music gets louder the better you do."
Reviewers: "The music's kind of muted."
Gamers: "Ha! The reviewers suck."

LetterO

Smash Lord
I think if we got King Boo as a playable character, then Luigi could legitimately be his own series like Yoshi by repping Luigi's Mansion. That or at least he should've gotten a unique victory theme.

It's too late even if we get King Boo, but it'd be cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think if we got King Boo as a playable character, then Luigi could legitimately be his own series like Yoshi by repping Luigi's Mansion. That or at least he should've gotten a unique victory theme.

My friend from Madrid loves King Boo, since he is his favourite Mario character.

If he would love to see him in Smash, i’ll do too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I feel like everyone forgets Super Princess Peach is a thing:

D

Deleted member

Erdrick, Banjo, Porky and Sylux are considered the most likely candidates.

God it is so goddamn weird when ****mothering SYLUX is considered one of the most likely
Not that weird for me, tbh.

Nintendo is teasing him as a Thanos-like deal for the Metroid franchise.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Game Journalists, by and large, don't know how to play games. There should be tests for that kinda stuff.
I think good games should be enjoyable by people who aren't very good at video games, but some people just want challenge.

That's why rating games with numbers doesn't work.

Untouch

Smash Master
I know a lot of people are dreading deconfirmations, but I'm not.
If the characters I want aren't ingame, I want them deconfirmed now so I don't have to go through the heartbreak, getting more and more excited before the last character is revealed.

D

Deleted member

Weird part is "teasing". As far as games until now are concerned, Sylux isn't really that special.
He has a lot of mysteries surrounding him, and Nintendo has showed many times their interest of developing the character more in the future.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If the characters I want aren't ingame, I want them deconfirmed now so I don't have to go through the heartbreak, getting more and more excited before the last character is revealed.
They shoulda done that for Isaac and Shadow immediately.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Merry Christmas everyone! What did you all get?
I got some Amiibos. specifically:
Detective Pikachu
Isabelle
Archer Link
Chrom
Tiki

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, here's a game to play while we all finish opening presents...

We all want some characters playable who are Spirits, but with each Spirit having a hardcoded battle and then offering powerups...it'd be tough to work around. So, the challenge is to promote a Spirit to playable, but replace the spirit in such a way that it still makes sense. Pretty much just imagine you're swapping out the .png, so everything else needs to still halfway make sense.

Mine - I'll swap that Tails spirit (3 star, Sonic series, Support: Boost Up Special) for Tails' biplane the Tornado.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Then don't get your hopes up.

He has a lot of mysteries surrounding him, and Nintendo has showed many times their interest of developing the character more in the future.
As far as I care, Sylux is just a random Hunter. I don't care what his role in Metroid Prime 4 will be, before Metroid Prime 4 comes out.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Happy Holidays Smashboards! If you didn’t have Smash before, I hope you get it in your stockings today!

Seeing some comments on DLC. I don’t think we can really measure anybody as likely at this point, especially not the likes of Porky. Just because they’re missing doesn’t mean they’re suddenly a likely DLC character.

And honestly, if Sylux is likely because of a new Metroid game that we don’t know the release date of, then I don’t see why other “advertisement” characters aren’t likely aside from selective biases against Fire Emblem or other games.

Either way, I don’t think we can count anyone as likely, especially when nobody predicted Joker.

Enjoy your gatherings everyone!

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I may get grief for this but I think they over did the Nerf on Sheik's Needles, Bouncing Fish, fair, and her decreased weight. I just don't get it. What does the Balance Team have against ninjas?
Now Noipoi's child is going to grow up in the forest and somehow survive despite all logic and kill you
Hope he likes living on Bugs.
Or it becomes Batman.
All of those sounds like it'll affect me negatively... especially he/she living on bugs... oh, and me being killed by Batman/Batwoman, I guess. Better call a mercenary to take care of them :ultwolf:

D

Deleted member

I just remembered that the Ken leak was probably one of the weirder parts of this Japan Time.
We got a full picture leak of an unrevealed character. But it was the only full real picture leak this cycle, apart from that pre-e3 battlefield leak. No other character came along with it. We have absolutely no idea who posted the picture. But what’s most weird is that pretty much no one really cared after people realised it was probably real.

D

Deleted member

God it is so goddamn weird when ****mothering SYLUX is considered one of the most likely
If anything, y'all are off your rocker when you think Porky is a likely candidate.

Nintendo acknowledging the Absolutely Safe Capsule is as far as we're gonna go with pushing Mother 3 content.

D

Deleted member

The only reason Sylux/Porky is considered is because he doesn't have a Spirit. That's like the only thing going for him isn't it? Wouldn't really call him super likely because of that lmao

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I just remembered that the Ken leak was probably one of the weirder parts of this Japan Time.
We got a full picture leak of an unrevealed character. But it was the only full real picture leak this cycle, apart from that pre-e3 battlefield leak. No other character came along with it. We have absolutely no idea who posted the picture. But what’s most weird is that pretty much no one really cared after people realised it was probably real.
Mostly because once they said "echo fighters" at E3, everyone was pretty well assuming Ken was in. Also since we'd all bought into the idea that echoes took negative dev time, so he wouldn't be getting in above any other characters.
Unlike during the 4 era when Dark Pit got leaked, and that caused a lot of salt...
Are there any other notable first parties without spirits? I know Poochy also isn’t one
Yarn Poochy at least has one, but not normal Poochy.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If anything, y'all are off your rocker when you think Porky is a likely candidate.

Nintendo acknowledging the Absolutely Safe Capsule is as far as we're gonna go with pushing Mother 3 content.
It is not even Nintendo who referenced Mother 3 here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom