• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
C7aNt[1].jpg

Looks like you can change the training mode music.
CciHp[1].jpg

Button looks a bit different though, so it could just let you cycle through some music rather than actually change the music all the time.
Besides that the random button will VERY LIKELY be taken up by the menu music.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The kid really doesn't like Waluigi that much, he plays with him but not as much as the other characters, that's why he is only an assist character.
The kid that plays with the toys doesn't like that much the characters that are just assist trophies.
Then the kid would dislike these things:
-Waluigi
-Golden Sun
-Indie games
-Custom Robot
-Murasame Castle
-Advance Wars
-Monster Hunter
-etc...

D

Deleted member

Then the kid would dislike these things:
-Waluigi
-Golden Sun
-Indie games
-Custom Robot
-Murasame Castle
-Advance Wars
-Monster Hunter
-etc...
New headcanon, they're the kid's older sibling's pristine mint condition action figures so he has to quickly play with them and then return them asap so his sibling doesn't find out he's been taking them out of the box

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
Idk if this has been posted yet, but here's footage of squad strike by two pretty good players in tournament settings, tbh, I wish every ultimate tournament use this mode, it would make matches a lot more interesting than just having the same characters all the match cause that would add a deeper strategy and ability component to them without making them unfair

D

Deleted member

New headcanon, they're the kid's older sibling's pristine mint condition action figures so he has to quickly play with them and then return them asap so his sibling doesn't find out he's been taking them out of the box
Y'know, that would make sense, especially with Isaac, Ray, and Takamaru.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, that would make sense, especially with Isaac, Ray, and Takamaru.
yeah, they're all older characters so mint-condition figures of them would be rare and expensive, hence the older sibling keeping them in the box to preserve them. If a character gets promoted a la Little Mac/Damus then its the sibling being nice and allowing the kid to play with them fully

Idk if this has been posted yet, but here's footage of squad strike by two pretty good players in tournament settings, tbh, I wish every ultimate tournament use this mode, it would make matches a lot more interesting than just having the same characters all the match cause that would add a deeper strategy and ability component to them without making them unfair
you underestimate how much the Smash community hates change

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You know what?
I completely agree.

It would be more interesting that way, and i wish that they consider it as soon as possible.

D

Deleted member

yeah, they're all older characters so mint-condition figures of them would be rare and expensive, hence the older sibling keeping them in the box to preserve them. If a character gets promoted a la Little Mac/Damus then its the sibling being nice and allowing the kid to play with them fully
Isabelle is the exception here, her being a very new character. What do you suppose was the situation with her toy?

Eru13

Smash Apprentice

you underestimate how much the Smash community hates change
one can only hope they all just start trying to make things a bit more interesting for once, I mean, this isn't even that big of a change in general lol

Btw here are a couple more videos

D

Deleted member

I don't give a damn about competitive Smash. It just seems to talk out all of the fun if you ask me.

D

Deleted member

Isabelle is the exception here, her being a very new character. What do you suppose was the situation with her toy?
For newer characters, the sibling probably just collects them and lets the kid play with them after a while. The sibling had Isabelle for 5 years, and the kid probably got into AC at some point during that time. Let the kid play with it!

D

Deleted member

I want to live in a world where Takamaru and Saki have good action figures.

D

Deleted member

For newer characters, the sibling probably just collects them and lets the kid play with them after a while. The sibling had Isabelle for 5 years, and the kid probably got into AC at some point during that time. Let the kid play with it!
Hmm, yeah!
Although, there's some other exceptions, though these ones are more like the reverse. :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool: (not including :ultridley: cuz he was a boss twice) are all older characters that would be highly collectible. Why are they suddenly playable after not being part of the battle at all?

D

Deleted member

Rrrgh. I'm tired as ****, and I've got college to study, work to do, and bills to pay.

I'm grumpy.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Rrrgh. I'm tired as ****, and I've got college to study, work to do, and bills to pay.

I'm grumpy.
All you need is for us to sing an improvised song about friendship and love!
Ahem...
Everynight the stars shine
Like a great wonderful... ehh... fine?
And then they like... Metroid Prime....??
because.... uuh..... shine again!!! yeahhh!!

I did it! I did something and saved the world!

D

Deleted member

Hmm, yeah!
Although, there's some other exceptions, though these ones are more like the reverse.:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool: (not including :ultridley: cuz he was a boss twice) are all older characters that would be highly collectible. Why are they suddenly playable after not being part of the battle at all?
his uncle works at nintendo and he got the amiibo early

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
For a moment, I thought this was our DLC leaks, I would be so upset lol

Geno, Rayman, and Banjo deserve to be in smash!
Though those three are popular names amongst the Smash community, I wouldn't say they "deserve" to be in Smash. I don't think any character "deserves" to be in, because saying they do is like saying they're more important than other characters. I think all videogame characters are equal and no one character "deserves" a spot over another. I get why you say they "deserve" it, since they've been highly requested characters for a long time, but who's to say that they "deserve" it more than characters like Steve or Sephiroth or Yuri? All I'm saying is that saying one character "deserves" it more than another is entirely subjective and kind of biased. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting these characters, it's just kind of cliché to say a character "deserves" to get in. I hope this doesn't seem rude, I'm simply giving my opinion on the whole "deserves" thing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm guessing you got tired of making more theories? :laugh:
yeah lol

idk this is a world where Takamaru has a good action figure, maybe they made new figures of these older characters and distributed them? Like the Castlevania anime is happening so Konami released new figs for them and the kid bought them.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Smash Ultimate. Is Coming. IN 3 DAYS.
OH MY GOD. Is it too good to be true?!?!
Also, this is a bit off topic, but...

WHAT THE ****?
I wonder what it entails. I suppose it shouldnt affect me since I dont even have an account.

This is a blessing for those of us that have many mains. I can wait to try it out.

About the competitive scene, I would love to see it but considering we couldnt even get 20 legal stages out of a 103, I dont think it will happen.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
What if...
The older characters like :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool: are gifts from the older brother (from eBay I guess), after the younger brother got interested in those series/characters. Also, returning veterans like :ultpokemontrainer::ultsnake::ultpichu: were lost in the couch cushions.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what it entails. I suppose it shouldnt affect me since I dont even have an account.

This is a blessing for those of us that have many mains. I can wait to try it out.

About the competitive scene, I would love to see it but considering we couldnt even get 20 legal stages out of a 103, I dont think it will happen.
pfft you say this is cool for people with many mains but now I can use 5 whole alts for Shulk in one battle so hah

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Alucard alone would make it worth it for me. Lloyd and kawashima are cool too.
Like I'm not gonna lie, my dreams are doing a pretty cool job.

-An iconic GameCube RPG protagonist with a fun playstyle
-A super strange pick that could be really entertaining and unusual
-My favorite Castlevania character

Not bad!

Untouch

Smash Master
I've already tried pushing the idea of having squad strike be standard if you can use the same character 3 times, and the fact that it's different is enough for the community to ignore it, this isn't even kee-jerk, the response I got the most was "why change it if we don't need to".

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Not bad!
I mean. They are your dreams. Why wouldn’t they be doing a good job at pleasing you.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So let me see if I got this right. The absolute likely characters we have got so far are:
  • A Square Enix character, most likely either Sephiroth or a Dragon Quest character
  • Steve
  • Lloyd or Yuri from Tales of
  • Some Nintendo sword character
I don't think any leakers have mentioned some Nintendo sword character, but correct me if I'm wrong

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
My main hope for DLC is that we get mostly new series. Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to game IPs in Smash--new songs and stages based on non-repped series are very appealing to me.

Even though we already have a lot of anime-style swordsmen, I'd be pretty happy with a Tales rep. It's a strong franchise that's been around for decades.

D

Deleted member

Not bad!
I think I’ve said this before, but ever since the March direct I’ve consistently had like, 5 dreams about Duke Nukem getting into smash, even before E3. Maybe it’s a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom