• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So I just realized that a pack including a character, music, and stage means one thing...

WAVE RACE GUY IS BACK IN THE MIX, BABY

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I'd also like crash bandicoot for DLC but it's probably too late to have him in wave 1. If there's a wave 2 I would be surprised if Crash didn't make it.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Regardless, I'm sure many more people will warm up to him over time. Getting into Smash as a a playable fighter is a huge honor, after all.
Worked for Roy.

Seriously, I love his game, but how many Roy fans have even touched Binding Blade, let alone know its name?

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
I'd also like crash bandicoot for DLC but it's probably too late to have him in wave 1. If there's a wave 2 I would be surprised if Crash didn't make it.
Not necessarily, even tho his reboot was announced after Sakurai already picked the characters. Activision worked with Nintendo to include DK and Bowser in Skylanders: Imaginators AKA the first skylanders game Crash appeared in.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
My DLC wishlist... hm...

- Geno
- Bandana Waddle Dee (Hopefully with a Sailor Waddle Dee alt)
- Literally any Zelda character that isn't another version of an existing fighter.
- Rayman
- Excitebiker

But being real, I'll be happy with anybody. Sakurai and his team possess nigh-unparalleled talent and I know that the DLC will be stellar - no matter the identity of the fighters added.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Worked for Roy.

Seriously, I love his game, but how many Roy fans have even touched Binding Blade, let alone know its name?
Should’ve given Roy the Smash icon just to see how many people would notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I feel like there will be one mega popular character just for the core fanbase among the dlc. And I feel like that will be Geno.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
My DLC wishlist... hm...
- Geno
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Skull Kid or literally any Zelda character that isn't another version of an existing fighter.
- Rayman
- Excitebiker
Sorry to say but Skull Kid is a confirmed AT so he's deconfirmed at this point.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
I know I talk about custom robo alot, but for real, it is such a waste that it got thrown out. That series was amazing. With thousands and thousands of combinations of parts and a very high skill ceiling it could have been a huge esport game. Plus the story mode was always fantastic. The GameCube one especially. I'd give anything to see a new HD custom robo with online multiplayer and a real meta. All it needed was more marketing.

Spiel over. I promise I won't talk about it more for a while.
Unless someone else posts about it. Then I can't help myself.
It's not necessarily that it was "thrown out", it's that it was developed by a second-party developer. So even though Nintendo ultimately has the rights to the franchise, I'm pretty sure that developer is the only one who can actually develop the game. And apparently they haven't wanted to. I'm sure the only reason for its absence in Smash 4 and subsequent re-addition in Ultimate was because trophy development was cut in favor of the increased 3rd parties (if I had to guess) and then trophy development being cut altogether meant they could re-incorporate it much cheaper.

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
My DLC wishlist... hm...
- Geno
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Skull Kid or literally any Zelda character that isn't another version of an existing fighter.
- Rayman
- Excitebiker
- Crash
- Geno
- Banjo & Kazooie
- Rayman
- Sora

I actually think a lot of these characters actually have a chance of making it in DLC tbh.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's not necessarily that it was "thrown out", it's that it was developed by a second-party developer. So even though Nintendo ultimately has the rights to the franchise, I'm pretty sure that developer is the only one who can actually develop the game. And apparently they haven't wanted to. I'm sure the only reason for its absence in Smash 4 and subsequent re-addition in Ultimate was because trophy development was cut in favor of the increased 3rd parties (if I had to guess) and then trophy development being cut altogether meant they could re-incorporate it much cheaper.
I mean, the developers of it completely moved on. I'd say they pretty much threw it out. we're never getting another custom robot game unless there's a major surge in popularity.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Not necessarily, even tho his reboot was announced after Sakurai already picked the characters. Activision worked with Nintendo to include DK and Bowser in Skylanders: Imaginators AKA the first skylanders game Crash appeared in.
Maybe. But not only did the reboot get announced after the roster and DLC were selected, but the Switch port came this summer. As much as I'd like to be optimistic I'm banking on wave 2.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Yellow mama and purple daddy. :3
Did you make that or find it?

I feel like there will be one mega popular character just for the core fanbase among the dlc. And I feel like that will be Geno.
I feel the same, only it'll be Banjo. I'm still not sold on the Minecraft content being in the season pass. I think it'll be cosmetic and separate.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
I mean, the developers of it completely moved on. I'd say they pretty much threw it out. we're never getting another custom robot game unless there's a major surge in popularity.
Or Nintendo decides they want to make another game and either absorb the developer or completely purchase the rights outright. The franchise is apparently popular enough that it got added back in despite not having a new game in 12 years.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The main reason I have a hard time believing in Steve would make the roster is just how gosh-darn clunky he'd look.

Sakurai would try to make him as true to the original as possible, like all the other characters, but as Steve is I don't think they can get enough articulation out of him.

Game & Watch at least gets the benefit of being a morphing 2D image, but Steve is a walking brick, I don't see how they could get him to work under Sakurai's 'see the character dance' moveset philosophy.

I've got nothing against the idea of him being in the game, but I just don't see how he could it could work.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
DLC predictions (assuming spirits are disconfirmations):

1. Square Enix pack (Geno or Dragon Quest)
2. Minecraft pack
3. Namco pack (Heihachi or Lloyd)
4. Monster Hunter pack
5. Banjo-Kazooie pack

I could also see a Rayman, Doom or Three Houses pack happening.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The main reason I have a hard time believing in Steve would make the roster is just how gosh-darn clunky he'd look.

Sakurai would try to make him as true to the original as possible, like all the other characters, but as Steve is I don't think they can get enough articulation out of him.

Game & Watch at least gets the benefit of being a morphing 2D image, but Steve is a walking brick, I don't see how they could get him to work under Sakurai's 'see the character dance' moveset philosophy.

I've got nothing against the idea of him being in the game, but I just don't see how he could it could work.
What if he became a big fat guy?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I hope a sarcastic announcer counts as a music track for that bundle.
Wave Race Guy comes with Dolphin Park, the entire Blue Storm OST, and a special disinterested version of Xander Mobus and the crowd who boos everything you do.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
DLC predictions (assuming spirits are disconfirmations):

1. Square Enix pack (Geno or Dragon Quest)
2. Minecraft pack
3. Namco pack (Heihachi or Lloyd)
4. Monster Hunter pack
5. Banjo-Kazooie pack

I could also see a Rayman, Doom or Three Houses pack happening.
Honestly if Doom gets in I'd be extremely happy as one of the main reasons I think Doomguy would be neat is similar to one of the reasons I want Dante, both franchises would offer metal music which would add to the diversity of the soundtrack

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly if Doom gets in I'd be extremely happy as one of the main reasons I think Doomguy would be neat is similar to one of the reasons I want Dante, both franchises would offer metal music which would add to the diversity of the soundtrack
I just want there to be a real rap track in Ultimate, but I'd be down for metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom