• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
DLC Wishlist:

1. Geno
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Skull Kid
4. Gengar
5. Steve?
6. Chorus Kids
7. Porky Minch
8. Ninten
9. Marx/Dark Matter/Adeleine/Bandana Dee
10. Goomba

*sees there's only 75 users here*

Welp, this thread died...

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Thanks buddy. I'm as eager :)

Thanks, any support is appreciated. Popularity wise, well, it's unfortuantely mostly east side, that includes surrounding countries like Korea, Hong Kong .. etc. but mainly of course Japan. If we're counting per population I'd say Europe is next then NA, not sure about SA. Fans of Goemon are definitely there but scattered and more on the silent side (It's how Konami went berserk with Metal Gear and Catlevania only almost forgotting about all their IPs, is what I believe caused that silence. I blame Kojima partailly for that).

Since we're at it please allow me to continue a few more things. Ishikawa Goemon when finally caught was sentenced to death by boiling oil. A great couldren filled with boiling oil was set. He and his son then were thrown in it, Goemon however held his son up high standing submerged to save his sun. That impressed the emperor, for that his son was excused, but Goemon was left to burn till death. You now know why some hot bath tubs in Japan are called Goemon.
I said Goemon games are 34+, with ports they are 54+. That of course doesn't count cameos, because well, I don't know the numbers. Goemon is so important to Konami that he has a cameo in almost every single game they've released (music piece, masks, figures, costumes.. etc.), you just have to look for it (you won't find them doing it for their other IPs, at least as much). Snake and Simon (aside from being a Sakurai wish) were selected purely on global appeal basis (unfortunately).

I don't think I have specified a song but, no worries Goemon games have plenty of that (music though). I'm not sure if you're into Japanese folklore, so I have something for you.
So this is mainly the Goemon theme (from Mr.Goemon/Arcade, his first debut).

And since you like Metal Gear and epic music. This is the hidden (he's a ninja afterall) Goemon theme in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

That's the shorter/quicker version of Sundowner's Garden (hence the name alert), which's this..

Respects to Ninja Gaiden and Ryu Hayabusa for sure.
Hmmm, it is unfortunate that he is not more well known. Personally I love the story of Robin hood so another figure who is like him is really interesting. And well I hope they will add 3rd representatives for 3rd party's so you can have your wish buddy. It is true they went for a more global appeal despite him having longer running history with the company. This is the fate I fear for Geno and Banjo fans, because it is a repeated business pattern despite being different companies. In the end companies want money over long character history and fan loyalty. They choose the candidates that are more well known and who's series are popular all around. It is unfortunate and I hope that these companies realize that these characters have many loyal fans. And these fans would love their inclusion in Smash and would love for them to have new games.

I actually really love game and movie scores. I love hearing different instruments used and the more unique the more interesting it is. I love hearing the Erhu instrument which is a Chinese violin. Or the jaw harp that has a rubber band like sound, if you listen to the music from Rayman it has it. So my music tastes are all around from the epic to the more arcade like sound. I was super happy to hear Yoko Shimomura has joined the composing team in Smash Ultimate. Her music in Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom hearts is breathtaking, she is truly a musical genius. Also she is the composer of the music in Super Mario RPG and composed Vega's theme in Street Fighter. I really like both Goemon's theme as arcade sounding and epic. I hope they add it to Smash Ultimate.

I actually love Japanese folklore, thats one of the reasons I love the Samurai Warriors and the Nioh franchise. As they explain a lot of folklore and historical figures. Like I had no idea there were white samurai's, William Adams one of the first white samurai's has a fascinating story. Personally my favorite era in Japan is the Sengoku period. I really hope one day I can travel to Japan, I would love to see the Water City Gujo Hachiman.

D

Deleted member

DLC Wishlist, ready go!

Heihachi - Tekken
I've made a previous post regarding him making "The Case for Heihachi", if you will, but I think honestly, he would be the perfect 2nd Namco rep. Not to mention, look at the fighting game series in Smash that have recently been getting love. Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter... It really only make sense to upgrade Tekken, but not as a AT or Mii costume. And honestly, if there's still a Heihachi Mii costume, I don't think it ever decreases his chances at all.

Banjo and Kazooie - Banjo-Kazooie
WE'RE STILL IN THIS *****, BOYS. We've been getting so many requests out of the way, I just can't see this 17-year long request not getting answered. Let's get the bear and bird back where Microsoft and Rare can't.

Geno - Super Mario RPG
It's going to happen. I ain't losin' hope just yet. Also, we gotta round out the Mario roster with 10 characters. 9 characters feels off.

Rex & Pyra - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
This is going to happen eventually.
And when this happens, I will dance on every single one of you and laugh while doing it.
You all will know my pain and suffering.

...And yeah, that's it. I'm really couldn't think of a 5th DLC character, because I really just don't know who's left anymore. I mean, there probably is a good amount left, of course, but at least from my perspective.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
There was also this thing about how the KH disney characters aren't the REAL disney characters they're just interpretations of them or something so Square owns the rights to KH Mickey and Donald but not real Mickey and Donald, but I'm not sure how legit that is

D

Deleted member

There was also this thing about how the KH disney characters aren't the REAL disney characters they're just interpretations of them or something so Square owns the rights to KH Mickey and Donald but not real Mickey and Donald, but I'm not sure how legit that is
That can't be true.

D

Deleted member

Just thinking about playing Ultimate with my friend who is a fan of Pokémon makes me excited.

K.Rool vs Incineroar could be wonderful.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This made me have a good ****ing chuckle.

''Here Square. You may now own character rights to the most iconic mascot in the world just because he's in fancy boy band clothes!"

Walt Disney: -in his grave- ***** say what?!

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I just realized all of Villager's palletes were the same skin colour at the E3 presentation meaning the 2 palettes that have dark skin were changed recently. I am pleasantly surprising no ****lords have been screaming about this too
I personally don't see what there is to scream about - I do think it'd have been great if Villager could have ten outfits, with the two that were since modified being extra, simply because some people don't like seeing their favorite alts changed, this having nothing to do with skin color specifically. But the ones altered are still fine and dandy - I guess there are some muppets who would be upset over it, though.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Banjo comes to Smash, but it's as his Minecraft skin and while he has a faithful moveset, his movements are still restricted to that of a Minecraft character and all the sound effects come from Minecraft. Would you take?

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
It came up before on here, but someone else whose more knowledgeable would know how true it is
The only way I can see that being true is if Disney doesn't have merchandising rights to specifically the KH versions of Mickey and such and can't use the specific likeness, but obviously Square can't just off and use KH Mickey and them without permission from Disney.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not sure if this has been discussed here earlier today, I didn't read all the pages, but:
LEAK – 2nd Nintendo Direct coming in November 2018

If it's true, it's safe to assume nothing Smash-related will be in it, right? Or maybe we could hope for a demo announcement?
We just had the final direct so I highly doubt Smash would even get mentioned. I also think that there won't be any demo announcement as there's the new public demo with the full roster at events, seems kind of redundant to me

Pakky

Smash Hero
Can I please get remakes of Brutus and Pixie comics with these two ?!?!?!

Reference https://m.imgur.com/gallery/oZmAbCG

Seriously new head canon.
:ultisabelle:: wow all that murder must make you tense Mr.R would you like some green tea?

:ultridley:: Screee! What? Oh... um sure?

:ultisabelle:: It soothes my tum-tum after I've eaten a bunch of spicy curry so it should do wonders for your throat!

:ultridley:: *Relaxed exhale* My mind feels clear.

Space Pirate: Sir let's kill that.... *stabbed through the chest*

:ultisabelle:: Oh no you got your tail dirty! *cleans tail with handkerchief*

:ultridley:: *blushes* um would you like a job?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay guys, make a baseless tier list for the Ultimate Newcomers! (And returning cut characters)

S Tier: None

A Tier: :ultsimon::ultrichter:(Ken):ultsnake::ultinkling:

B Tier: :ultchrom: :ultdarksamus::ultwolf::ultdaisy::ultyounglink:

C Tier: :ultridley::ultisabelle: (Incineroar):ultdarksamus::ulticeclimbers:

D Tier: :ultpichu:

F Tier: :ultkrool:

D

Deleted member

Oh, i remembered what happened on November 8th already.

Youtube comes to Switch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I personally don't see what there is to scream about - I do think it'd have been great if Villager could have ten outfits, with the two that were since modified being extra, simply because some people don't like seeing their favorite alts changed, this having nothing to do with skin color specifically. But the ones altered are still fine and dandy - I guess there are some muppets who would be upset over it, though.
I've seen enough people scream "WAAAAAAAH THE SJWS ARE CENSORING THE VIDEO GAMES BACK IN JAPAN" with any kind of ****, including a scrapped thing in Fire Emblem Echoes which restricted who could drink alcoholic foods based on age but the devs realized that was a hassle, yet people still yell that Nintendo censored it

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I guess the idea of a second Nintendo Direct for any reason doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What else do they have to announce or show off? I was under the impression that the last one was their big "stuff is coming" direct. Updates that the new Yoshi game will come in time for the holidays? eShop stuff? Some new ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom