• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's a good chance that it'll be a different team, because Smash 4's DLC cycle was made by a whole different team. I also can't see this game not getting a second season, where we have so many other fighting games like Tekken get a second season of DLC.
I'de be cautious. Last time people expected a lot more than just four newcomers as DLC and disappointed. We're already getting more than that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not a bad mindset to have. We'll let the Fighter's pass actually come out before wondering if there's going to be more or not.

My point was mainly for those fans of AT characters so they don't stop supporting the characters they like just because they feel it's a complete impossibility.
Yeah, it'd be bad for those characters' fans to give up, especially after Ashley's fans already had the wind taken out of their sails last time. Support must be loud, passionate, and constant, regardless of what happens.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
(Sweats profusely, mutters "I can't lose my Internet fame!" and checks the leaker manual.) Uh, sorry, that's all my source told me.

Don't forget to like and subscribe! And check out my new series of videos coming to LaxChris's channel where we talk about what characters my uncle source thinks would be cool knows are coming to Ultimate!

(Plays outro music "You're Welcome (Rap Version).")

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Edit: Idk how reliable LeakyPandy is though

"
I did not say anything about me being almost sure that the Square Enix character is a Dragon Quest character. I brought up that LeakyPandy heard the Square Enix character would be DLC (something we both wound up hearing) but he also heard that they would be revealed at The Game Awards and hinted at it being from Dragon Quest.
I am not backing what they are saying in bringing something to attention that people may not be aware that they did.

I'm not going to list off the Square Enix character names that I heard the character is being spread around to be by Square Enix themselves to stamp out leakers within their company since they have an intolerant stance against them. I gain nothing from doing that if the character someone really wants for instance is among those names and not it, then somehow I am the a****** to blame for them not actually being chosen and will be harassed because it isn't who they wanted.
Not to mention it putting people's jobs in jeopardy at Square Enix because they will fire people under suspicion alone. Even if they did nothing wrong. I don't want to deal with any of that and the issues that come from saying the Square Enix character names it has been said to be. Sorry. " - Vergeben

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77160319/911668687
LeakyPandy is about as reliable as Loz18 or the Grinch Leaker. Move Along.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Vergeben

"
I should probably state that Senjougahara__Hitagi (who has a great track record if you look into them on reddit, and is someone I talk to and crosscheck things with since we have met) has heard the same things for Smash that I have.
The only difference in our information has been them hearing that Steve from Minecraft will be playable and discussions with Cygames were happening to get a Granblue Fantasy character (which seems to be Katalina in particular) into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

While I cannot personally back those two things on my end yet from my personal sources, what we can do is consider adding up what I have heard and put out for SSBU combined with what Hitagi heard and has said, which could point us in a direction that reveals that 3 out of the 5 DLC characters seem to be
The Square Enix character. I can vouch is definitely happening and the first DLC character at that.

Steve from Minecraft. Minecraft discussions happened that lead to my knowledge that content is planned to be present. I have been told it could be an AT, stage, item, or "possibly" a character. It looks like character, stage, and theme will be how if what Hitagi has heard is accurate. At this point, I do not doubt it much.

Cygames' Granblue Fantasy getting a guest character (Katalina mentioned by name)
This comes from Hitagi as I have said. But they seemed confident that the discussions happened on a serious level."
So...

When are we getting Nintendo characters as DLC?
3rd party reps are great and all.
But Smash is a Nintendo game.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm not going to lie.

It's been over 24 hours, and I still can't process that a Piranha Plant will be a fighter.

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
My current predictions for Fighter Pass #1:
-Geno
-Bandana Dee
-Banjo and Kazooie
-Rayman
-Unexpected Character (like Piranha) OR Third Party (Crash Bandicoot? Sora? Doomguy? Master Chief?!)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's a good chance that it'll be a different team, because Smash 4's DLC cycle was made by a whole different team. I also can't see this game not getting a second season, where we have so many other fighting games like Tekken get a second season of DLC.
Yeah, the Switch's life cycle is going to be pretty long, so it would be really strange if they don't take advantage of this in some way.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
What is granblue fantasy and why should qe care?

And is this dlc going to all be 3rd party?
Hope not.
If Smash 4 is any indication, it mostly could be. Corrin was the only "new" DLC character we got from Nintendo. Everyone else was either returning, or 3rd Party.
When are we getting Nintendo characters as DLC?
3rd party reps are great and all.
But Smash is a Nintendo game.
Let's be real ****ing honest here.

Pretty much all of the GOOD Nintendo characters are in Smash already. So if the choice is between great 3P characters, or scraping the barrel Nintendo characters, I'll take the 3P characters any day.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
LeakyPandy is about as reliable as Loz18 or the Grinch Leaker. Move Along.
They were right about Shadow not being in, and are confident that Skull Kid is a boss still, they haven't backpedaled on that, they were also one of the first to say that the Square Enix rep was going to be the first revealed and is DLC.

Last edited:

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Maaaaan, i know i complain a lot (it's just that literally no one on my list made the cut) but i really REALLY dread having Steve. Thing is, i can't NOT get him cause i don't want any of my friends to feel left out when we play together if they happen to main (or like) him...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yup but Spawn-Wave also bet on a VGA Announcement and he hasn't been wrong once yet.
I am just trying to wrap my head around granblue at the moment. Is it really that good? The anime was meh.
.i can understand steve. And slime to an extent. But granblue.

And that leaves 2 planned spaces left. Looks like third party choices. So no waddle dee, no dixie, no nintendo reps.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
They were right about Shadow not being in, and are confident that Skull Kid is a boss still, they haven't backpedaled on that, they were also one of the first to say that the Square Enix rep was going to be the first revealed and is DLC.
Gee how to debunk someone's relevancy in 1000 words

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Skull Kid is still an Assist.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Skull Kid is still an Assist.
However, so is Rathalos.

Have we seen Skull Kid's assist trophy in action yet? If it's functionally the same as Sm4sh I highly doubt it's a boss aswell.

Last edited:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I am just trying to wrap my head around granblue at the moment. Is it really that good? The anime was meh.

And that leaves 2 planned spaces left. Looks like third party choices. So no waddle dee, no dixie, no nintendo reps.
I know it's difficult but I just tried to stay neutral on the Grinch thing and I'm gonna be neutral on this too because I know if I get even a little hyped I'm gonna be disappointed lol. And if I'm wrong and the dlc lineup is dope, then I'll be happy.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I know it's difficult but I just tried to stay neutral on the Grinch thing and I'm gonna be neutral on this too because I know if I get even a little hyped I'm gonna be disappointed lol. And if I'm wrong and the dlc lineup is dope, then I'll be happy.
True dat. I need to research granblue. I am a 90s gamer. So most new reps are lost to me. Maybe granblue is the new final fantasy. I need to research it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I just hope that Platinum spin-off will end up being cool, much like :ultbayonetta: on Switch/Wii U, and not Star :ultfox: on Wii U.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, LeakyPandy is hinting at Dragon Quest.

Spawn Wave is hinting at Sora.

Square Enix fires employees on suspicion alone.

Sakurai's Background Theory presents us with two dice that have a symbol from Kingdom Hearts.

I'm gonna have to side with Spawn Wave on this one.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I'm thinking DLC likelihood is looking like this...

*S+: Sora, Steve
* S-: Katalina
*A+: Banjo, Elma
*A-: Erdrick, Geno, Crono, Agnes
*B+: Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong
*B-: Chorus Kids, Mach Rider
*C+: SMT character, Crash, Doom Guy, Rayman, Heihachi, MH, Phoenix Wright, Ryu Hayabusa
*C-: Lloyd, Dante, Travis Touchdown, Sans
*D: Rex/Pyra, Edelgard, Arms character

*=Acknowledged by Vergeben to some degree. SE character ensured, Minecraft content ensured. Sora backed by Spawnwave, Katalina and Steve backed by Hitagi.
*= Alternative to Steve, also mentioned by Papagenos. Elma seems to be the most likely 1st party DLC due to heavy absence in the game.
*=Alternative SE reps.
*=Not deconfirmed.
*=Based on claim that those characters are in the game in some capacity.
*=Possible 3rd parties.
*="Too late into planning", but possible in a 2nd season. Rex edges out everyone else. Could possibly even still count towards this Fighter pass due to ambiguity on when DLC plans began.

To be revised: KOS-MOS, Saki Amamiya, Jibanyan, NINTENDOOO

Last edited:

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
However, so is Rathalos.

Have we seen Skull Kid's assist trophy in action yet? If it's functionally the same as Sm4sh I highly doubt it's a boss aswell.
They're convinced that he is also a boss like Rathalos.
Forgot about that...but like Lyndis said, if his assist trophy is the same then he probably won't be a boss.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the Switch's life cycle is going to be pretty long, so it would be really strange if they don't take advantage of this in some way.
In addition to that, we also have Nintendo mentioning they wanna go BIG with DLC, when they had their whole shareholders meeting very recently. I just can't see this game only getting more DLC characters, and while it would round out the roster to 80 characters and 75 on the website, no Smash game has had an even amount of characters, either.

Sakurai knows that people want Rex & Pyra. He knows that people want Isaac. He knows that people want Geno, and he definitely knows after yesterday and last week that people want Banjo-Kazooie. At the end of the day, yeah, what matters most is what comes down to this Fighters Pass, but I can't see it just end there when there are still some requests left. The rumors better be right about Sora @ The Game Awards, though. My man Spawn Wave out here with a 9-0 streak.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And when we don't get anything from Minecraft I get to laugh at all of you right?
How mature of you.

This is just the sort of pretentious elitism I don't enjoy seeing.

Are you also the kind of person where if you're wrong and called out on it you'll get mad? Or will you just claim revisionist history? I wonder.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The other thing that still makes me think something is up with Geno is the sheer fact that Nintendo even acknowledged the game on it's anniversary. They've never done that before.

Remember the TeamGeno or TeamMallow tweet?

Why even bother to acknowledge the game exists if they're not doing something with it behind the scenes?

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Forgot about that...but like Lyndis said, if his assist trophy is the same then he probably won't be a boss.
Rathalos doesn't work the same as his boss, his boss is pretty different.

Youre right lets trust him i mean this did come out later on Oh?
Whats that?
A Mod?

NEVER MIND THEN
You know Vergeben doesn't have a 100% track record either right?

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Chrom still being in Robin's Final Smash is one of the stupidest things ever in my opinion.

Also is this an event in Spain or something? I really hope somewhere in the UK (not one place in London please!) gets this full demo.
Do you know where I can find that bit of information? Apologies if it was posted earlier, but I can't seem to find it per say.
Edit: Found it. lol

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wow, Robin’s new Levin Nair looks terrifying.

I can’t wait to unleash hell on people!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So if there's a second DLC wave that presumably wouldn't have been decided in 2015, what character's would be likely?

Personally I feel like Rex will be a straight up lock if there's a second wave that's not preplanned, and I don't throw around the word "lock" very often. You could tell Sakurai seemed kinda upset that he couldn't add Rex in, considering Xenoblade 2 was like his game of the decade or w/e
Mii Costumes don't deconfirm characters. Yeah, it's kinda a consolation prize, but it's not like Rex got Isaac'd/Spring Man'd.

My hopes for DLC:
Isaac.
Takamaru.
Sora.
Rayman.
Banjo & Kazooie.
Tails.
Waluigi.

My speculations for DLC:
Sora.
Banjo & Kazooie.
Rayman.
Bandana Dee
Another ****ing Fire Emblem character.
Bokoblin

Untouch

Smash Master
I wonder if there's actually a reason why the Stage Select screen is being hidden from the full demo for a reason. It just picks a random stage.
The Nintendo Live event says the stages are also randomly picked from all stages in the game except for a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom