• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wait, is Elite Smash basically you win a lot of battles and you get in?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Okay, World of Light is going to be ****ing sick.
I've watched this trailer several times and it has successfully restored whatever hype I lost from the other stuff in the Direct.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The one thing that is interesting is Minecraft does not have a lot of tracks that fits Smash.
I am sure if Steve is in, they will mostly be remixes.
Well, lost paintings orginal version didn't fit smash too much either
I remember it too, and I'm trying to find it. no luck so far.
dunno, but i do remember it... maybe ask DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon ?

Edit: regarding the background simbol.... didn't you guys learnt nothing from analizing out of focus very blurred images?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways moving away from the Infinity War references these are who I'm predicting for the final five DLC characters.

-Bandana Dee
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Dixie Kong
-Sora

All I can think of. Not sure who'd be the fifth.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly, after this whole thing, I just want insiders not to say anything at all and just let us be surprised.
Honestly, other than Vergeben being Vergeben, I'm not convinced they would've, if not for the Grinch leak.

Frankly going into this under the near-unanimous belief in that leak's validity probably would've resulted in much scarier blowback.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Unpopular opinion but Piranha Plant interests me more than King K.Rool. Also guys please spell "Piranha" correctly it's not hard.

And man, these overreactions are honestly really funny considering that K.Rool and Ridley would have been enough for this fanbase to shut up in the past. You guys are simply never satisfied.
Or maybe different people care about different characters? I never cared about either of those guys.

D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion but Piranha Plant interests me more than King K.Rool. Also guys please spell "Piranha" correctly it's not hard.

And man, these overreactions are honestly really funny considering that K.Rool and Ridley would have been enough for this fanbase to shut up in the past. You guys are simply never satisfied.
I am kind of satisfied if we put Crash apart.

I may despise the Plant, but the rest of the game is solid in my eyes.

I will definitely pick Ultimate, and unlock everything that i can.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Found this in the stream chat from the Direct:
Adam Smith: "PURE TRASH, JUST FILTH WITHOUT SHADOW"
:rotfl:

splat

Smash Lord
Two showerthoughts on the DLC announcement:
  1. With the five packs of fighters, stages and music, CoroCoro was right on the money with their claim of 108 stages total.
  2. I find it funny that we know we'll get six DLC characters during Smash's lifetime, but only one is actually plant.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wait, is Elite Smash basically you win a lot of battles and you get in?
Elite Smash is the club V.I.P where you'll get butt ***** and learn what the Neutral is in a fighting game, actual intense battle etc...
Or just a bunch of scrub :4pacman:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Honestly, one of my favorite things about Piranha Plant is that even though it's just a generic enemy, you can still see that it pulls a lot of inspiration from its various iterations.

The sleeping animation from Mario 64.
The black and orange spiked version from Galaxy.
The Spike balls from SMB3.
The up and down stretching, as well as the legs from the NSMB games.
The Poison Gas from Paper Mario TTYD.
The pot from SM3DW.
The legs from Stalking Piranha Plants.
Petey Piranha from Mario Sunshine.
The fact that the pot turns into a pipe with certain color palattes, referencing piped P. Plants.
Even the up-tilt (Or is it an Upsmash? I can't tell) seems to be referencing Bungee Piranhas.
The Neutral B extend attack could be referencing a number of things, as that ability has shown up in many Mario games, such as Partners in Time with Elasto-Piranhas

Then there's the alts
1541106303033.png

Of course, you've got your standard Red piranha plant
The Pink one seems to be a Bungee Piranha from YIDS, the Piranha Creeper from SM3DW, or even Dino Piranha and Pewee Piranha from Super Mario Galaxy 1/2.
The White one is referencing Bone Piranhas from NSMB2.
The Blue one is referencing Frost Piranhas from Paper Mario.
The Yellow one is the Glad Piranha Plant from Super Princess Peach.
The Black one is the Inky Piranha Plant from Super Mario 3D Land.
The Purple one is the Prickly Piranha Plant from Super Mario Galaxy.
And the Green Piranha Plant is referencing the Piranha Plant's color in the original Super Mario Bros., which is super cool.

I just love Piranha Plant so much.

Untouch

Smash Master
I think the online was greatly improved except why the **** can't we also include stage select specifications if we have all these specific rules
WAY too much to sort by then, there's 103 stages, it'd really complicate things, look at TF2's matchmaking, it can take ages.

Chrono.

So, a question: Am I the only person who remembers a textpost on 4chan that pretty laid out the entirety of the Kencineroar trailer, or is that just me?
There were a lot of fake Direct posts that guessed the trailer would have them both.

It was pretty predictable.
.Soo... Looks like Bosses are confirmed to be in World of Light. which gives me a hope for boss rush mode

Confirmed boss:
Galleom from Brawl
Dracula
That dragon from Monster Hunter

Which bosses that you think will be in Spirit?
I have a sinking feeling Dracula and Rathalos are the only new bosses but I'd love to be wrong.

Smartiicals

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

Hope you all enjoyed the direct, personally I wasn't a huge fan, it felt like a lot of mediocre filler information, I don't really care about the roster too much more the game play, but it seems like the spirits thing and the adventure mode looks kinda chorey and not unique in my eyes. I hope i'm wrong.

Secondly, Piranha plant WTF??

I wanted to bring up something or a little "theory"

I feel like there is something more to this... Sakurai almost acknowledges that it is a weird addition and he legit says no, he isn't an assist trophy, as well as the caption saying Piranha Plant joins the battle!? Emphasis on the ?.... I don't know I think there is something behind this in some way or another, again I'm probably overthinking.

Shroob

Sup?
So, a question: Am I the only person who remembers a textpost on 4chan that pretty laid out the entirety of the Kencineroar trailer, or is that just me?
I think a loooooooot of people had the exact same thought of "Ken fights Little Mac, then Incineroar appears"

BUT CONSIDERING PP LEAKED IN SEPTEMBER.... you may be right after all.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
D2B9FA38-1EE5-43DB-9EA0-2913D7B5C95F.png

6CB1048D-EE49-40DD-89D1-425D63222885.jpeg

Tada folks, here’s a good look at that new emblem that Falcon has on the Blue Falcon. Hopefully something great comes out of this. UNKNOWN 2ND NINTENDO DIRECT HYPE!!!

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, I just finished the entire thing, and I'm very impressed with about everything I saw.

But, doesn't this mean Vergeben was right? GameFAQs, oh no...

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Can’t wait for DeDeDe to get more pointless nerfs because of three people spamming Gordos in Elite Smash

Seriously, I think them using Elite Smash to determine nerfs is such a bad idea and they’re better off just watching the competitive scene and getting feedback from them.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Btw... Spyro, Crash, and Dante for DLC

Activision MAX would get one rep, and honestly, if we are talking western companies finally getting their IP's fully repped in smash, I feel like that has to go to Microsoft or Ubisoft first (Aka, Banjo or Rayman), imo. Spyro and Crash are great picks but their origins are primarily Sony related and their remakes only JUST came out on the Switch (or in Spyro's case, not even out yet).

I say Banjo due to being probably the last N64 character the roster needed, and I'm more inclined to believe Minecraft would be DLC related costumes (because thats exactly how Minecraft represents all of their 3rd party characters and how other properties represent them).

I'm not sure about Rayman though, he seems like a good fit, and Mario+Rabbids is a thing, but will they do it? I have no idea.

Anyway, I do agree about Dante, but therein also lies his problem: He has barely any Nintendo history.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I remember it, but I guessed it was just one of those plain text leaks and ignored.
Do you remember what else it talked about?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, maybe this is why I feel the way I do. I guess it's just that this is probably the jokiest character we've gotten yet in the most limited roster we've gotten yet. Not a good combo lol
LIMITED ROSTER?! Are you freaking kidding me?!

kisses this part of the site goodbye

Smooth Criminal

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
WAY too much to sort by then, there's 103 stages, it'd really complicate things, look at TF2's matchmaking, it can take ages.
But having to choose between battlefield and omega is going to make a huge split unless we all unanimously agree on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom