• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I always thought during the Direct "man Spirits just feels like Stickers Part 2" and then I saw the story trailer and went "oh that's why" because that's entirely it.

I love how each Sticker has their own gimmick unlock fight though.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Not sure how I feel about the dlc practices. I’m glad there’s no preorder bonuses, but ehhh on them not revealing the characters in the season pass, and season passes in general.
You can buy them individually for 6 dollars, or if you believe in the value of a deal, you can buy them all for $25 before we even tell you what they are, that is, if you believe in the value of surprise!

Yeah, cause after that direct I really trust you to do something cool.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
There is no way that Isaac gets the same outcry that Waluigi did. Waluigi was memed like crazy and hell, he still probably won't get in.

The longer this day goes on, the less I want to buy Smash 5. Time passing just makes it feel worse.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Not having trophies on top of everything else just made this direct pretty bad imo. Like damn, that was half the fun of single player smash bros. But nah, instead we get a mid-level generic enemy from mario lol.
Petey Phirahna Plant should be in Mario Kart

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The one thing that is interesting is Minecraft does not have a lot of tracks that fits Smash.
I am sure if Steve is in, they will mostly be remixes.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Young Link not becoming Fierce Deity blows.

There's some good and some bad in all of the direct info but for me, the bad really outweighs the good in this direct.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
The ****fest is too much, 4chan,gamefaqs,etc. Everything is in chaos.

skullkidfordlc

Smash Rookie
1. Sora
2. Rayman
3. Minecraft Steve
4. Geno
5. Banjo

We know they got one Square character, so why not two? We know Minecraft content is in (which is almost certainly a stage and character), so why not also get that other character that has been demanded for a decade but was previously tied up due to more complicated liscencing. At that point, if you already have two Square reps, and two Microsoft reps, might as well throw in Rayman too instead of an odd 1st party rep or a less deserving 3rd party.

3rd party DLC blowout seems imminent if we are to believe we're getting at least 2 third party characters already within the five.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I am actually happy BK is an AT. At least he gets some recognition and looks cool.
I was definitely happy to see him at all too, I think that was my strongest reaction through the entire Direct. It means a lot to me that Black Knight gets to partake in Smash in any form at all, between this and his prominence in FE:H it really feels like he's one of FE's allstars, which is great when it's more than a decade since he last featured in a mainline game.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
View attachment 174725

Can anyone verify this exists? I'm trying to find it inside the direct and I can't.

Didn't mind the direct btw plant 2nd best newcomer besides inkling. Game is still a nintendo fighter and thats all i ask for,
g scraped, welcome Steve to the roster.
I searched for YT videos uploaded today that have the lenght of 1:12:43 and couldn't find.
I think it's fake. Impressive, but fake. Can't see why Nintendo would add wavedashing in the direct, as the 15th technique, above short hop (?) ...

D

Deleted member

There is no way that Isaac gets the same outcry that Waluigi did. Waluigi was memed like crazy and hell, he still probably won't get in.

The longer this day goes on, the less I want to buy Smash 5. Time passing just makes it feel worse.
As a Golden Sun fan, you have my condolances. Hopefully he gets in next Smash game.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
You can buy them individually for 6 dollars, or if you believe in the value of a deal, you can buy them all for $25 before we even tell you what they are, that is, if you believe in the value of surprise!

Yeah, cause after that direct I really trust you to do something cool.
Sakurai or the guy you quoted?

D

Deleted member

I was definitely happy to see him at all too, I think that was my strongest reaction through the entire Direct. It means a lot to me that Black Knight gets to partake in Smash in any form at all, between this and his prominence in FE:H it really feels like he's one of FE's allstars.
Considering I have a pretty cool BK set in FEH, I agree. :p

Also, the BK was the prime villain in some big FE games ike Ike's games ( Too lazy to name them, Path of Radiance or whatever ), right?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Funny how I said box theory was deader than custom robo before the direct and then both came back from the grave. Maybe next I should say Golden Sun and Mario RPG are dead.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I wonder about something... if Sora is real, is he going to be Secular or are we going to get Disney **** and we can beat the **** out of Mickey Mouse

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I searched for YT videos uploaded today that have the lenght of 1:12:43 and couldn't find.
I think it's fake. Impressive, but fake. Can't see why Nintendo would add wavedashing in the direct, as the 15th technique, above short hop (?) ...
Thanks for the help.

can't believe fakes are getting to this point. Next thing you know it's dec 7th and smash ultimate turns out to never have existed in the first place.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
I wonder about something... if Sora is real, is he going to be Secular or are we going to get Disney **** and we can beat the **** out of Mickey Mouse
Sora's not in.
The dlc are gonna be plant, shoe, mario amiibo, wet paper bag, and another smaller plant

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Potentially unpopular opinion, but that direct was very dissapointing. Box Theory was right for base game. I couldn't care less about Ken. Incineroar was such a boring pick in comparison to what Decidueye or Lycanroc offered. Pirahna Plant is neat, but it could've been Kamek. And only 5 more DLC characters.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I know how we can get Skull Kid and Isaac in Smash. Make memes of them. Lots and lots of memes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 174729

This image which i literally just posted for starters. I've been trying to track it down on the direct but I can't

Secondly it's not policing when there's nothing anyone can do about the roster and crying about it is drowning out actual gameplay talk
I really don't feel like going back, but why is this supposed wavedashing thing a different font than the rest of the list if it's real?

D

Deleted member

We better get montages based on Little Shop of Horrors with the Plant.

That’s the only thing that i look forward to about the thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's the official NoA Smash Ultimate site price $79.99 :/
That's for Canada. The Canadian dollar is a lower value than the American dollar.

Granted, I thought the price was usually $69.99...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Potentially unpopular opinion, but that direct was very dissapointing. Box Theory was right for base game. I couldn't care less about Ken. Incineroar was such a boring pick in comparison to what Decidueye or Lycanroc offered. Pirahna Plant is neat, but it could've been Kamek. And only 5 more DLC characters.
No, that's just the amount of characters you're getting for the Season Pass. You know how Season Passes work, right?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Oops! My bad everyone.. sorry.
The game is actually us$59.99 and ca$79.99
and it's us$84.98 and ca$111.47 Fighters Pass.. my bad :L

am out, I need some rest.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Considering I have a pretty cool BK set in FEH, I agree. :p

Also, the BK was the prime villain in some big FE games ike Ike's games ( Too lazy to name them, Path of Radiance or whatever ), right?
Yeah, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, he's an amazing villain and one of Nintendo's better written characters imo (along with Ike himself). He's never the big big bad though, he's more like Ridley in that he's the main character's rival, but still has a boss.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
they could do another season of dlc, we dont know they just announced 5

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I highly, highly doubt Steve will be a character. To represent him faithfully would mean he'd have basically no animations or expressions. It'd be boring. To make him function as a full character, there'd need to be a lot of creative license, which with third parties is always a problem. Granted, I believe Microsoft is chill enough to allow Nintendo to do stuff like that (as opposed to companies like Square Enix), so it could happen.

I feel like if Banjo is added, Nintendo and Microsoft might seize the opportunity to add more than just Banjo and get some more Microsoft stuff. Like how Capcom got both Mega Man and Ryu, or Konami with Snake and Castlevania, and allegedly SE with Cloud and whoever else is coming. If there will be any exception to the "1 character, 1 stage" rule, I can see it being with a historic collaboration between console rivals.

It's the best hope Master Chief has, at least.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Apparently Shulk has a Rex (?) costume, or something with black hair. Black/orange/blue doesn't match any of his current palettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom