• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey, guys!
What's your opinion about the recent Gamingintel leak that "deconfirms" the following:
> Incineroar
> Banjo
>Steve

I'm personally tired of people trying to make me lose hope (Incineroar is my most wanted)
More clearly they're saying they aren't in base for sure.

DLC is possible. Many speculate Banjo is DLC so the mural leak can be real.

If this is real(which would suck, imo), mural leak is fake. And Verg was given bad information. If this is fake, it's likely they had bad information about the N64 mini too.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How does it suck, honestly?
The low pressure air caused by the air going into the vacuum cleaner draws up small objects which then get trapped in bags, canisters or filters. Vacuum cleaners use low air pressure to help us pick up small particles of dirt and dust.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Will we finally see all Smash Finals? I would like to see Peach and Daisy's, Yoshi's and Young Link's.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to go into this blind, so I have a few questions.

1. Was there another "Bloody Tears" scenario?

2. I won't be able to watch live, so is there a way to find the recording without being bombarded by YT spoiler captions?
1. I don't think so, just "insiders" saying #insiders thigns
2. You can bookmark the direct link, be aware though that treehouse is gonna be in it for hours post direct, so you might tune in on them showing one or more of the new fighters, deifiniely try to rewind it as soon as possible upon loading

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys!
What's your opinion about the recent Gamingintel leak that "deconfirms" the following:
> Incineroar
> Banjo
>Steve

I'm personally tired of people trying to make me lose hope (Incineroar is my most wanted)
Oh **** what did I miss? Can I see this leak?

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
Aside from the unrevealed newcomers, Rosalina. She hasn't gotten a blog post yet, so I'm curious to see if there's any major changes to her I haven't seen yet.
Didn't she got the blog post yesterday? Today we have the Klaptraps by the way.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
The low pressure air caused by the air going into the vacuum cleaner draws up small objects which then get trapped in bags, canisters or filters. Vacuum cleaners use low air pressure to help us pick up small particles of dirt and dust.
:thinking: So....It's useless for fighters with big size such as Mario, etc.? Now you're making me feel like it sucks...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My most major hope is that we get some substantial single player content. Classic classic mode is a good start, but I hope Spirits or whatever it’s called is actually substantial and has some meat to it. Getting smash run back with online would be nice too, that mode was really fun.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Oh yeah. I am really excited to see the alt colors of the newcomers. Specially Daisy and Young Link. As well as I wonder how different her moves are compared to Peach. Well, how different they act compared to Peach's moves.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just realized that today is the 10th anniversary of Super Mario Galaxy’s Japan release so that’s probably why Rosalina was posted on the blog a few days ago, since today is the direct

D

Deleted member

Hey, guys!
> Incineroar
> Banjo
>Steve

Incineroar: remember when i talked about my friend from Madrid? Well: he is a huge Pokémon fan, and almost plays the games in a competitive way.

When i talked with him about Incineroar, he said that he would be fine with him, but he would prefer to get his favourite Pokémon (Gengar).

I kind of agree with him too, since there isn't a complete ghost type Pokémon rep in Smash yet.

Banjo: a shame if he isn't in. He deserves a spot.

Steve: I'll be honest, i only want him to get a Minecraft stage.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Will we finally see all Smash Finals? I would like to see Peach and Daisy's, Yoshi's and Young Link's.
If Young Link's isn't the Fierce Deity, we riot.

Also, is anyone else listening to music associated with their most wanted newcomers? Gotta give em the good vibes for the direct

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Here's actually something I'm worried and/or curious about. They will talk about Spirits in the Direct (well I assume they will), and wondering how it's gonna play out, but what about Master/Crazy Hand? Will they have a role in it, and will they have no attacks if you fight em in classic mode? And will there be a foe that goes beyond the power of Master Hand like Tabuu was in Brawl? And something tells me we won't see who's the true big bad til the game's release and we find out for ourselves for sure, but my curiosity peaks.

Seriously, I don't think many talk about the hands much at all even though they're pretty much a big part of Smash as well. My mind occasionally wonders what if the hands had a Final Smash of their own to use against opposing fighters, showing that they're growing stronger too. Would make sense since this game is well... ultimate, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, is anyone else listening to music associated with their most wanted newcomers? Gotta give em the good vibes for the direct
Gangplank Galleon in Ultimate is legendary.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey, guys!
> Incineroar
> Banjo
>Steve

I think it's extremely weird that they rumored a N64 Classic with Banjo-Kazooie to follow up Smash, with Banjo & Kazooie NOT in the game. Something doesn't feel right. If I had to choose, I hope it's the opposite.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
people are so hyped about the grinch leak at this point that if incineroar + ken actually are the last 2 newcomers there will be riots in the streets

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
I would be fine with Steve as DLC. Then, no one (or at least less people) could whine about how he “stole” their favorite character’s slot (despite the theory that there are “slots” getting deconfirmed many, many times).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, guys!
> Incineroar
> Banjo
>Steve

Here's a funny idea: that "leak" is fake and we're at square one again. If you didn't know, other insiders like Imran and Emily Rogers have said their reports alongside with the N64 Mini reports are fake, which leads me to believe that now Gaming Intel or whomever is now among the long list of people who got duped or had wrong information.

Honestly, while I'd love to show this thread the beauty of the Crabtree Zone with Freaky Mutant Man Freaky Mutant Man during these last few hours before the Direct, I might as well kill some time and debate amongst a lot of the stuff before I head off. I plan on coming back after watching the Direct with a couple of buds after a bit, so I won't be around here to react alongside y'all.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I've been on a Rhythm Heaven fast right now...
just for good luck ya know?

so I haven't really been listen to any music right now...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I really think we'll get one more newcomer and another echo, maybe two. The rest on more detail about singleplayer modes, online, and other things. What's the trophy mode?

Hoping for the long shot of an appearance by the Wireframes and fighting Polygon Team as enemies in Classic mode.

Ajimu

Smash Cadet
The only thing I want in that Direct is a playable demo announced.

I know Spirits will be covered and I'm confident it will be awesome.
I know there will be a few character trailers, and they will be amazing.
There is already enough in this game for anyone to know they wil buy it, whatever happens today.

But I've still not preordered it, because I really want to encourage Nintendo to keep proposing playable demos, even for their biggest games.
The Mario Tennis Aces was absolutely genious, even if it lasted 72h only.
And I do think that preordering exactly during the demo phase is a way to make Nintendo understand that this is the best marketing idea they had in years.
Well, obviously it won't do anything if I'm the only one doing it, but baby steps...

D

Deleted member

Here's actually something I'm worried and/or curious about. They will talk about Spirits in the Direct (well I assume they will), and wondering how it's gonna play out, but what about Master/Crazy Hand? Will they have a role in it, and will they have no attacks if you fight em in classic mode? And will there be a foe that goes beyond the power of Master Hand like Tabuu was in Brawl? And something tells me we won't see who's the true big bad til the game's release and we find out for ourselves for sure, but my curiosity peaks.

Seriously, I don't think many talk about the hands much at all even though they're pretty much a big part of Smash as well. My mind recently thinks about what if the hands had a Final Smash to use against opposing fighters, showing that they're growing stronger too.
Besides Chanondorf, we don't have enough stuff to debate about them.

After all, nobody knew anything about Master Core until the first gameplay of Classic Mode on 3DS (not sure if we got it in the ESRB leak or when the game released).

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I really think we'll get one more newcomer and another echo, maybe two. The rest on more detail about singleplayer modes, online, and other things. What's the trophy mode?

Hoping for the long shot of an appearance by the Wireframes and fighting Polygon Team as enemies in Classic mode.
So, you're slightly on the Team Fake. Well...I don't know about you, but I think Sakurai has always lied slightly when it came to the amount of new characters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I’ve been listening to Uncontrollable, Wir Fliegen, aBOreSSs, the Mira theme, and The Key We’ve Lost at work for the past two days in hopes that my girl makes it

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Here's a funny idea: that "leak" is fake and we're at square one again. If you didn't know, other insiders like Imran and Emily Rogers have said their reports alongside with the N64 Mini reports are fake, which leads me to believe that now Gaming Intel or whomever is now among the long list of people who got duped or had wrong information.

Honestly, while I'd love to show this thread the beauty of the Crabtree Zone with Freaky Mutant Man Freaky Mutant Man during these last few hours before the Direct, I might as well kill some time and debate amongst a lot of the stuff before I head off. I plan on coming back after watching the Direct with a couple of buds after a bit, so I won't be around here to react alongside y'all.
They said the Smash rumors were fake based on what they know--I think it was Emily that then said she now doubts the N64 Classic part, but didn't outright refute it.

EDIT: Link

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If i learned something from Kojima, is the fact that i need to be open and control my hype for literally anything.

Metal Gear Solid 2's marketing was proof of this.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Wait... I would think Nintendo would announce the N64 Classic on a different day than on Smash Direct.

Just realized that today is the 10th anniversary of Super Mario Galaxy’s Japan release so that’s probably why Rosalina was posted on the blog a few days ago, since today is the direct
Oh yea! Man, I didn’t think that was 10 years ago now. Really great game, I hope we get a Boss from MG for Smash Bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'know, there aren't many people like you who are brave to speak the truth. But when they do, they get a thumbs up from me.
...It may not look like it, but I'm thumbsing up behind the screen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Calling it now, Robin’s new Final Smash will be female Morgan (for male Robin)/Male Morgan (for female Robin).

that or Tharja for the Smash 4 trophy irony lmao

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it's extremely weird that they rumored a N64 Classic with Banjo-Kazooie to follow up Smash, with Banjo & Kazooie NOT in the game. Something doesn't feel right. If I had to choose, I hope it's the opposite.
Banjo and the N64 mini being announced together could work, especially if Banjo is DLC. That's a great way to advertise it.

So it's hardly impossible. To be honest, I think Nintendo would try to get the Rare properties for an N64 mini. That's a must-have, after all.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think Sakurai has always lied slightly when it came to the amount of new characters.
Not really? I think it's just ludicrious that after bringing everyone back, giving us an insane number of fighters, that people think he's then going to throw another half dozen of them right at us in one big go. I'll let the room change my avatar if we get more than 3 more characters.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Ugh, I couldn't sleep in this morning like I usually do. Too hyped up for the direct.

How likely do you guys think Board the Platforms is to come back? I mean, this is the ultimate Smash Bros. so with that in mind, it's a possibility right?

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Remember when I said that Verge is turning into the Gematsu leaker - correct on everything at the start, and then as soon as his original crop of characters are revealed everything starts to go out the window?

I honestly find it so funny that Incineroar of all characters is the hill he will (most likely) die on.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Not really? I think it's just ludicrious that after bringing everyone back, giving us an insane number of fighters, that people think he's then going to throw another half dozen of them right at us in one big go. I'll let the room change my avatar if we get more than 3 more characters.
Then it's a deal. We'll see about the characters in the Leak.

Actually, a change in your avatar would be nice, you look like a static, stoid Pokemon with no emotions in your pfp.

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I hold no ill will towards the insiders as they may very well have the last laugh, but it would be nice if they could tell us WHY they think the banner leak is fake.
Have they said if they or their sources have seen the alleged real characters and assist trophies for themselves? If that's the case, then it's pretty much settled in my mind, lest we spin convoluted conspiracy ideas about intentionally creating fully functioning characters just to trick leakers. Otherwise, could it not even be conceivable to them that their source is in fact the ones with the wrong info? Someone fill me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom