• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I want the old guy on the Madden box art of the Madden games from the 90's in the roster ASAP
Actually, Madden Player looks like Pit in his Melee trophy but without wings, wearing a blue football gear and a football itself on the right hand.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
I think you missed a part of my comment ;)
No idea what you're talking about. You implied he couldn't transform for his final smash because Sakurai isn't doing those anymore, then proceeded to list final smashes that still involve transformations, albeit in cutscenes/flurries.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Here's a question for Skull Kid fans..
I know you want him as playable (personally I don't) but things indicate that if he's ever in, then he's most probably going to be a boss. I say this because he lost his only chance at a Final Smash, the Moon. Sakurai is honoring him by making him a boss, is what I think. So some of you may say, he has his mask transformation. True (but then that's not the kid.. anyways), BUT that's not the style Sakurai is going after in this iteration. As you can see, for exampe Wario's FS was changed to match the new style.. fast paced action. A Transformation wouldv'e been good in 4, but now it'd be too slow. (well, unless the transformation is like Mr. G&W's.. maybe).
So fans, have you thought of an FS for Skull Kid? Also, are you fond of the kid or the Mask?
I think the Moon could still be his Final Smash. Except instead of an OP screen nuke (which the assist is), it'd be a cutscene where fighters are KO'd by a wall of fire rather than the direct moon impact (see the game over screen for Majora's Mask). Majora's Wrath is also a possibility: transformation final smashes are not out the question, it's just that they have been rejigged so they're cutscenes or only partially controllable.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
My guy it is NOT difficult to imagine a cinematic Final Smash in which Skull Kid goes all Majora and beats the ever living **** out of people alla Bayo or even Wario
Why was poor Wario brought into this. The guy had his waft nerfed.. have some feelings man *sniff*
Why does everyone assuming the moon is Skull Kid's thing.
Has no played Majora's Mask?
Majora's Wraith would obviously be his final smash if in.
Wasn't he the cause of the Moon curse? And I thought the wrath would be slow. Apparently it might not.

Hmm, so if Skull Kid is in, boy, that'd blow the G.leak, Verg and another leaker too.. I'll take that X)

D

Deleted member

Madden Player looks like Pit in his Melee trophy.

However, he doesn't have wings, wears a blue football gear, and has an actual football on the left hand.

He represents the Atari Sport games, and is the Activision rep.

Knack is just God, but Mega Blocks.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Here's my roster:
Background.png

The 5 on the top are my mains (in order of left to right), and the bottom 5 are the ones that I play for fun with other people.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The codec only translated the text, not the voices.

Same with Palutena and Star Fox.

Not a big deal.
In all cases, voice lines also changed according to region (though only for English and Japanese afaik)

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
>All these characters
>Pig Ganon still didn't make it.

Feels bad man... :urg:

Nice of you to put the Prof and Kat though.
Seriously need to be more vocal about him next time around. One of my most wanted newcomers, and I've seen him forgotten on more than a few of these joke 'literally everyone' rosters.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking they separated Skull Kid from the Moon so they could make his moveset more interesting

I'm assuming that if he's actually in, the mask will be able to fly off him, transform and maybe work together with him Rosalina/Luma style.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
My uncle's roommate works for Nintendo. He said that the direct starts with a trailer similar to the K. Rool trailer. This time Geno shows up, but it turns out that it was MALLOW IN A GENO COSTUME. Mallow confirmed for smash.
Fake, uncles roommates aren't allowed to work at Nintendo.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
No idea what you're talking about. You implied he couldn't transform for his final smash because Sakurai isn't doing those anymore, then proceeded to list final smashes that still involve transformations, albeit in cutscenes/flurries.
You can always go back and check what I wrote.. or not.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
View attachment 174049
Can someone acknowledge this? I've posted it here twice now (excluding this post), and I'm actually pretty proud of it...
Missing Jeff and Paula (Earthbound), Snorlax, Gengar, Doom Guy, Kratos, Sub Zero, Nero, Trish, Vergil, Guile, and Blanka to be my pipe dream roster.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Vanished for a bit but I'm popping in here to wish people luck. Hoping that Grinch leak is real, but if not? Well hopefully the final direct tomorrow still blows us away.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I think the Moon could still be his Final Smash. Except instead of an OP screen nuke (which the assist is), it'd be a cutscene where fighters are KO'd by a wall of fire rather than the direct moon impact (see the game over screen for Majora's Mask). Majora's Wrath is also a possibility: transformation final smashes are not out the question, it's just that they have been rejigged so they're cutscenes or only partially controllable.
With the echo concept being officially accepted, I guess he might use that trophy to serve a final smash. That'd still feel lazy to be honest. Wouldn't be a good SK fan service, I think Sakurai would avoid that. And yes, many have pointed that out already. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom