• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I have no idea what is going on now and I absolutely love it!

So Mystic dropped a leak that there's a surprise non-Banjo 3rd party that is coming. Very interesting, though I'm not sure how to resolve the conflict between him and Verg.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Best case scenario for me?

Shadow and Ken bring Tails and Chun Li along with them as unique newcomers.

4 third party gaming icons at once!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
hate the smash babies
Honestly, he said that in r/kappa. Which absolutely hates both bull****ters and Smashers.

If he wanted ANY credibility, which he was desperate for at the time iirc, he'd snuggle up with them real close or get downvoted to hell, which that sub does. A lot.
Had he said it in any other circumstance, like in r/smashbros or r/gaming or whatever, I would say that he'd be far worse, but as is, it's par for the course for that ****hole.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Oh gosh, I can't believe it but I am now believing the Dante leak. Ken, Incineroar and Dante. That's it. The leak that ruffled the feathers at a "different company" was Dante, and it was for Capcom.

This is now my firm prediction.
AKA the timeline that kills Max

Ken, Megaman, Cloud, Dante, Bayo

To take a quote of his out of context "I don't know whose **** he had to suck but he did a damn good job"

paper roxy

Smash Ace

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
yknow what, even if geno doesnt get in, im happy that you got dark samus.
Aww, thanks :ultdarksamus:

And personally, I consider Geno to be the likeliest character of them all. So I'm betting that I'll get to be happy for you and many others on Thursday morning, too.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Tart

Smash Cadet
Personally I really think Verg's last bit about Isaac is just a jab at gfaqs and the Smash fanbase too.

His story just sounds made up. Why would he care about holding back info when he's been vocal about seemingly everything else he knows? He suddenly cares that the fanbase is getting their hopes up? Really doesn't add up. If Isaac doesn't end up as an AT, I'm willing to bet he will admit it was just a troll move on Thursday to retain his reputation (which he cares about quite a bit)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I remember it, it was a kinda half-***** apology along ths lines of "please drop the issue guys well, but don't act that way and I won't call you it"
Oof then that really doesn't make it better.

I kind of want to see it myself to be sure though, if that's possible. Did it happen on Gamefaqs? Does anyone have a link?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
The Young Isaac/Old Isaac mixup theory sounds like the definition of wishful thinking to me. If they were going to add an AT, it would be Felix or Matthew,.
That or Verg doesnt know who Isaac is.. Hes probably one of those ones who didnt play it and considering hes German, he would know Isaac as Hans.

Gemasu did the same thing.. Probably meant Robin the FE guy but it got translated wrong and many fans thought Isaac was in.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

That Vergeben might be a fake account, I thought his account was DasVergeben last I checked.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What if the real leak was Wave Race Guy and Sassy Geno and we were just fooled into thinking they were Photoshops

Save us Wave Race Guy

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I don't like jumping to any conclusions with Smash cause it is widely unpredictable, and for that reason I was always on team fake for the Grinch as it is just too good to be true. The disappointing ones are always the ones that turn out. Three more seems reasonable, and there's always some sort of weird surprise with Sakurai. Couple that with the fact that I believe now that the leak that ruffled feathers was the guy who leaked Dante and yeah... (Not saying this will be disappointing to all though)

I am locking it in for me. It's Ken, Incineroar and Dante. Boy I hope I am wrong. Haha

TeamFlareZakk

Adult Isaac is way hotter and would be more distinct with all the anime pretty boys already in smash so I'd greatly prefer it
Yeah Isaac will be in as his Dark Dawn appearance and Waluigi will be dlc with his Mario Tennis attire... (sarcasm)

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how insane the next gen smash leaks are gonna be? With all the conflicting information, Sakurai seems to have done good damage control before release of this game.

My wish list is simple. Give me just one of these characters and I'll be happy:

Geno
Banjo Kazooie
Isaac
Skull Kid

Get one of my boys in there and I'll be ecstatic. Especially if it's Geno lol. Thursday needs to hurry up already

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Must be honest and say that despite me trying to keep my hype and such calm, I'm still curious where Phosphora's gonna be. She should appear somewhere in the direct, most likely that is. Gotta keep the Kid Icarus passion going, but I'll be prepared for whatever happens.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I feel like too many people are looking for ways to intemperate what Vergeben said.

Don't do his job for him guys, he very simply and bluntly stated: "Isaac is AT"

He knows which Isaac he's talking about, he knows what it implies, he knows his reputation will take a hit if he's wrong

Either his info is false or it's not, and in the strange case that he can somehow wiggle his way out of it like a different version of Isaac being an AT he's going to take that opportunity whether he's lying or not.

Believe the guy or don't believe the guy, same with all the other insiders

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Smash 4: Ridley and Chrom got raw ends of the deal

If this leak is fake.... are Waluigi and Isaac the next "Get their chance another day?"
It seems to be a theme with anime swordsmen and big purple boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom