• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
One character from the Banner 7 is in the game. The other 6 aren't.

You get to choose.

Who are you going to pick?

Personally, it's Banjo-Kazooie for me. That game was my absolute favourite when I was a kid and I played it on repeat.
Banjo & Kazooie. Hands down. They would be home for a bit. I would feel awful for Geno though....

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
You know, I think at the end of this direct we're gonna get one more character roster video to show who's in the game (Just like the beginning of the E3 direct). Only this time it will include all of the new announced characters with the final banner.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

You get to choose.

Personally, it's Banjo-Kazooie for me. That game was my absolute favourite when I was a kid and I played it on repeat.
Geno, I played SMRPG to completion back in the day, since then, I thought he was an interesting character imo and I have been wanting him for so many years. :)

Grippy_Toad

Smash Rookie
I'm keeping tabs on Jon. He's the one that "predicted" all that crazy stuff in September.

- Story mode against main villains that have kidnapped the heroes, CGI cutscenes.
- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.
- Viridi as Palutena echo.
- Tropical Freeze stage (Saw Mill Thrill).
- Online seasons with franchises. Splatfests almost, like "Mario vs. Zelda" and characters earn points for their franchise.
- 100% on Ken being an echo.
- Doesn't think Isaac is relevant enough to be a fighter, especially after being cut from an AT.
- Master Hand will speak, and have dialogue, during Classic and Spirits modes. Specifies hand puns.
- Rayman and Klonoa are ATs.
- We'll learn about DLC, but no DLC characters shown off in this Direct.
- No new Xenoblade characters, but a Skell will be an item to jump in and attack enemies.
- Says Geno and Banjo won't be in the base game, but are likely for DLC.

We'll see, Jon.

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
So I see that the Gamexplain preview is out, can't watch it at the moment but anyone know what Jon says?
No Shadow
No Geno (dlc)
No Banjo (dlc)
No Chorus Kid
No Isaac
Yes Ken
Yes inceneroar
Yes Chibi robo

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman

You get to choose.

As bad as I'd feel about losing Banjo, I have to with Isaac:

1. I see Banjo having comparatively somewhat better odds as DLC.
2. B&K should play well, but I do think Isaac brings a bit more to the table.
3. Isaac is still a first-party franchise, and I feel like there's just enough of a pulse left in the franchise that Isaac joining Smash could revive it.

Still... I'm sorry, little ones. :(

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Considering they’re both 3rd party characters, possible echo fighters Ken and Shadow would probably get a 2 minute trailer together instead of getting the treatment of other echoes (Richter had his own section of the Belmont trailer, but wasn’t too much time for his, but better than Daisy/Chrom/Dark Samus)
Yep I agree

People are being pessimistic due to insiders and incineroar and that the leak could be fake

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Maybe there are assist trophies in the real banner. Maybe some assist trophies are unlockable characters if you k.o. them a couple of times (depends on character). Funny way to unlock new fighters isnt it? This way assist trophies can get promoted too later as dlc!

What do you guys think? Personally i dont think this will happen. But would be reeeeeally cool!

Tart

Smash Cadet

You get to choose.

Gotta be Banjo for me too dawg. Isaac almost edges him out, but he is technically another sword user..

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Jon really knows something and that's what we're getting to wrap up the ''Ultimate" and ''Special" Smash game.

Sakurai failed his final reveals.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I'm keeping tabs on Jon. He's the one that "predicted" all that crazy stuff in September.

- Story mode against main villains that have kidnapped the heroes, CGI cutscenes.
- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.
- Online seasons with franchises. Splatfests almost, like "Mario vs. Zelda" and characters earn points for their franchise.
- Doesn't think Isaac is relevant enough to be a fighter, especially after being cut from an AT.
- Master Hand will speak, and have dialogue, during Classic and Spirits modes. Specifies hand puns.
- No new Xenoblade characters, but a Skell will be an item to jump in and attack enemies.

We'll see, Jon.
>Bringing up relevance on a fan favorite like Isaac.

No thank you.

Also is GameXplain still dodging the Grinch Leak?

EndlessPillows

Smash Rookie
Whichever way this Direct goes in regards to characters, I bet $70 that those ResetEra folks as well as certian journalists will be massive jerks about the reaction.

I'll just be here, glad we're getting new info.
That's the unfortunate part. If people think they are smug now, just wait until they are proven right (If they are).

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736

- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.

We'll see, Jon.
Interesting.

Looking forward for Gyigas as boss in the Story mode

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, they haven’t announced trophies yet have they? I would have thought during the castlevania section they would have mentioned “by the way here are trophies of Soma and Trevor” or something. Bit odd they haven’t been show yet.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.

We'll see, Jon.
Viridi as a Palutena echo? How would that work? Their sizes are totally different

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
>Bringing up relevance on a fan favorite like Isaac.

No thank you.

Also is GameXplain still dodging the Grinch Leak?
It’s funny because he actually agreed at first with Derek, and then Andre was like “No Jon.” and then Jon backpeddled and said maybe AT because Golden Sun wasn’t relevant enough.

Because relevancy has always mattered when it comes to Smash Bros. I mean clearly popular characters like Pit and Ice Climbers were added because they sell huge numbers.

And it’s not like Isaac ranked high on the Smash Ballot or anything.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.

We'll see, Jon.
Now does he mean we'll actually hear what characters they are and just no gameplay right? Because if it's that, and Geno and Banjo are DLC, I'm okay with this, even though Isaac should be there.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Maybe there are assist trophies in the real banner. Maybe some assist trophies are unlockable characters if you k.o. them a couple of times (depends on character). Funny way to unlock new fighters isnt it? This way assist trophies can get promoted too later as dlc!

What do you guys think? Personally i dont think this will happen. But would be reeeeeally cool!
This is a terrible idea. All the Waluigi love is gonna come back to haunt Sakurai over this dumb idea

Please don't hate me for saying this

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
No Shadow
No Geno (dlc)
No Banjo (dlc)
No Chorus Kid
No Isaac
Yes Ken
Yes inceneroar
Yes Chibi robo
If his prediction is accurate that would be weak af. I was thinking it was realistic to expect at least geno, Isaac, or banjo. Like one of them not none in the base roster. We’ll find out Thursday though

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.

We'll see, Jon.
Viridi is already in the background of reset bomb forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom