• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Alright, so how many of y'all are in the boat where you're pretty sure your character isn't base game and are holding out for them as DLC and that's why it doesn't really matter who's in right off the bat?

That's how I am. I'm honestly gonna wait for Quote and Tails to POSSIBLY show up then as DLC. And if they don't ever, I won't complain lol.
My char is already in the base game.

He was too big to be in

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Some what ifs to consider:

What if Master Chief appeared and killed the leak?

What if Bandai Namco's character choice ends up being Goku?

Anything could happen, never say never.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This argument just boils down to "it could've been faked" which no one argues against. It's the fact that there are so many precise details not only in the image but in the context and story surrounding it that would make the work to pull off a fake like this seemingly astounding.
That's simplifying the original argument though. The point is that the "context and story" surrounding the "leak" was intentionally set up to be found with the intention of adding credibility, and was made simple enough for that to happen.

When laid out like that, it almost seems far too convenient for it to have not been planned out in advance.

I know I said a while back that I wanted a good fake "leak", but I never expected on to be this good.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, after lurking for like three days I finally decided to make an account to start posting here.

As for the leak, honestly I really don’t know anymore. I’d definitely like for it to be real as all the character choices are solid (though if I’m being honest I really just want Banjo). I will say if it’s fake and all these characters don’t get in, I’ll be disappointed but likely will get over it pretty quickly. Ultimate is going to be an amazing game regardless!
Welcome! Same, tbh, leak looks very tempting but it's not the end of the world for me if it's fake.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Some what ifs to consider:

What if Master Chief appeared and killed the leak?

What if Bandai Namco's character choice ends up being Goku?

Anything could happen, never say never.
In the terms of Goku just cause it could happen doesn't mean it should happen

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
A nice reminder the leaker had 3 months or less to make the leak, at least 3 months, that's a lot!

Sweddy

Smash Rookie
Welcome! Same, tbh, leak looks very tempting but it's not the end of the world for me if it's fake.
I'm up there with ya. I already got Richter, Banjo and Isaac would just be nice little additions for me.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright, so how many of y'all are in the boat where you're pretty sure your character isn't base game and are holding out for them as DLC and that's why it doesn't really matter who's in right off the bat?

That's how I am. I'm honestly gonna wait for Quote and Tails to POSSIBLY show up then as DLC. And if they don't ever, I won't complain lol.
I'm in the other boat on the opposite side of the river. My character's already in, so I'm having a party and waiting for everyone else's +1 to get here so we can start already.

Though I sincerely wish Midna weren't an AT. I'd be holding out for her if that weren't the case.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
In the terms of Goku just cause it could happen doesn't mean it should happen
I hear fans say "this guy should be champion not Roman Reigns" all the time, just saying.. The question is would Namco think Goku would be best for business considering the success of Fighter Z? Never say never.

Oh and about Master Chief for Smash, go ask that guy who supposedly leaked Ken and claimed to have leaked Greninja and Mewtwo.

Guess that means Batman, Shrek and Spongebob can get in too by that logic.
I so want Roman Reigns as a 2k rep.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
can someone explain this BIG MARING thing i keep seeing? i dont get this joke/leak
It's a joke in response to all of the fake leaks that were going around at the time, most notably summer 2018 (I'm pretty sure it saw use long before that though). Think of it as an anti-leak of sorts.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
It's only a matter of moving around the characters to match the official mural assuming that each character is on a separate layer.

Even if they started after Isabelle, that still gave them over a month to make the mural and plan all of this out.
Imagine making a leak for months and planning for a character to appear in an exact position only for Isabelle to snipe the spot, leading you to have to repaint that entire section.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Imagine making a leak for months and planning for a character to appear in an exact position only for Isabelle to snipe the spot, leading you to have to repaint that entire section.
>feelsbadman

Except it's entirely possible that that occurred to our wannabe mr.leakerman.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Please God don't let Geno be an assist trophy. Getting the rights for that is worse than just not having him for me. Every time I see him I'd just cry at what could have been.
Geno's popularity and moveset potential alone keeps him from being AT'd. The only fighter I see on the banner that could potentially become an assist trophy is Mach Rider sadly.

SolMerse

Smash Rookie
NNID
Simon12345678901
3DS FC
2494-9816-7019
Switch FC
3440-5635-5714
You can start in advance.
But why would they have to do that?
With three months of work, they'd have so much time to refine the characters and background, making them have no reason to have the image be blurry. If it really took them that long, it'd be safe to assume they were looking at whatever resources they could to maintain long-term consistency. But that can't be the case because they missed the official empty banner. This probably was worked on for less time than 3 months if this is fake. I doubt it was planned out for that long, even with how elaborate this must be.

edit: whoops seems like you got a reply already

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
But why would they have to do that?
With three months of work, they'd have so much time to refine the characters and background, making them have no reason to have the image be blurry. If it really took them that long, it'd be safe to assume they were looking at whatever resources they could to maintain long-term consistency. But that can't be the case because they missed the official empty banner. This probably was worked on for less time than 3 months if this is fake. I doubt it was planned out for that long, even with how elaborate this must be.

edit: whoops seems like you got a reply already
If I'm going to be Honest, I think 3 weeks to a month is about right, especially since I doubt who ever faked it did it alone.

Sweddy

Smash Rookie
Dunno, even if I'm on Team Hmmm, I kinda lean towards it being fake. But neither sides have conclusive evidence right now.
And I doubt we'll get conclusive evidence unless we get gameplay footage (Unlikely). It's all just gonna be a back and forth until the next character gets revealed and makes or breaks it, which then either side will then begin to gloat for weeks until the game comes out.

SolMerse

Smash Rookie
NNID
Simon12345678901
3DS FC
2494-9816-7019
Switch FC
3440-5635-5714
If I'm going to be Honest, I think 3 weeks to a month is about right, especially since I doubt who ever faked it did it alone.
Yeah, I'd say that's about right as well. Enough time to paint the mural, get the characters, and research the companies and people to implicate for this all to come together.

D

Deleted member

Guys, what if instead of any leaks being true, Ragna The Bloodedge is the final newcomer of Smash? Best reveal ever right? /s

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hear fans say "this guy should be champion not Roman Reigns" all the time, just saying.. The question is would Namco think Goku would be best for business considering the success of Fighter Z? Never say never.
Actually, if anything, Goku's recent success in FighterZ and upcoming major appearance in Jump Force would likely hurt the chances of his publishers wanting to put him in Smash. There's such a thing as diluting your product.

You can play as Goku in Xenoverse? Awesome!!!
You can play as Goku in FighterZ? AWESOME!!
You can play as Goku in Jump Force? Awesome.
You can play as Goku in Smash Bros.? Awesome?

I realize that Ryu is in every Capcom fighter, but the Street Fighter side of Capcom vs. ______ isn't exactly the fan service that gets people excited. Goku is different. He sells **** on his appearance alone. You don't want to over-saturate the market with guest appearances and lose the unique appeal of announcing him in your own products.

Sweddy

Smash Rookie
Guys, what if instead of any leaks being true, Ragna The Bloodedge is the final newcomer of Smash? Best reveal ever right? /s
I don't mang, I'm still hoping for Rocky Balboa in Smash Bros., Apollo Creed as his echo.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Me right now:

Dumbledore Sakurai lowered his hands and surveyed Harry Radical Bones through his half-moon glasses.
'It is time,’ he said, ‘for me to tell you what I should have told you five years months ago, Harry Radical Bones. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.”

― R.F Aime, Radical Bones and the Great Banner Rumour

Dayseh

Smash Rookie
What do ya guys think are the chances of a direct being on Tuesday? Cuz I got jury duty that day at 8:15 which is prime direct time. Maybe if I explain the situation to them they will understand..

SolMerse

Smash Rookie
NNID
Simon12345678901
3DS FC
2494-9816-7019
Switch FC
3440-5635-5714
Honestly, despite me being Team Real on this one a part of me kinda wants to see it be fake? Considering just how extremely elaborate this is, I just love the idea of some evil mastermind scheming this whole thing up. It'd be so incredibly unbelieveable that somebody could conjure this whole thing up. I wouldn't even be mad that I was fooled tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom