• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Except he doesn't get behind every one? Have you watched any of his videos?

He also mainly makes videos on the "more credible" leaks. If you want gullible go check out LaxChris.
Papageno never really says he doesnt believe them... He's always like either on the fence or says there's credibility to it. Only time I saw him say he didnt believe a leak was when he covered like random image leaks... Like sassy geno... But even then he wanted to believe.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
All this **** about Steve being the evil mastermind behind box theory with Incineroar as his henchmen kinda makes me feel bad for supporting him.

I just liked Minecraft and I think Steve would be a great fit for Smash.

I'd certainly take him any day over the red fire cat.
I've said my peace on the character, but even I can't stand the toxicity that's erupted surrounding Steve and Incineroar. If the banner leak is true, those fans should be celebrating their characters, not ****ting on others. Obviously, many people were annoyed by how long Box Theory took up speculation (myself included, but people are free to speculate about whatever they want), but the amount of negativity surrounding what could be potentially positive change is the worst aspect of this leak.

(also I'm not referring to the video, as I'm not watching--could be part of this toxicity, could be banal, but it's more a general statement about what's been going on)

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
This is what I'm thinking.

Hoping one of those pieces that fall into place is Isaac but that feels like a long shot lol.
I'm hoping Shadow & Isaac for myself, but I do want Banjo and the others to be real too, out of my close friends like most of them have a different horse in this race out of this group, and it's gonna make me sad if they're not all pleased.

Then again they all got stuff they've wanted so it won't entirely destroy them. It'd just be a nice cherry on top.

I'm still wondering about Jon on GameXplain mentioning the possibility of a Semi-Clone Shadow, sometime ago and am wondering with all the stuff he's "randomly" gotten right in this cycle, if that may become a reality as well.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
:ultdaisy:

And not because that's my default answer to everything.

"HI I'M DAISY, and I'll be your TOUR GUIDE."

...And over HERE, you have the ORIGINAL BATTLEFIELD FROM SMASH 64! HA-HA-HAAAA!!"

She'd keep you from falling asleep at even the most boring segments.
Daisy's physical incapability to be quiet will never not be hilarious, and i'm probably gonna play her more then Peach.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Papageno never really says he doesnt believe them... He's always like either on the fence or says there's credibility to it. Only time I saw him say he didnt believe a leak was when he covered like random image leaks... Like sassy geno... But even then he wanted to believe.
Being "on the fence" is not being gullible or believing a leak... also just because there's credibility to it doesn't mean he believes it either.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.

Hold up.

What the hell did I miss.
/v/ over the past year has become obsessed with making pictures of something you like sucking up something you dislike up their ass. Don't ask.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
One could make the argument that he actually does not get behind every leak. He makes videos to comment on nearly any decent one, but he rarely believes any, and will actually remove any thumbnail that has likely characters if he does believe it is true.
In his earlier virginben videos he never really covered detractor evidence such as _stealth with the first belmont leak and emily rogers suggestingor alluding no cuts.

D

Deleted member

So, what are we...talking...about...

*Sees Shroob's post"

...'Kay, that's enough internet for today. :upsidedown:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not the intolerance of his ''inside" information, but rather the fact that his character is being attacked. A lot of users myself and you included have been around him long enough to know his character and know what he's truly like.

It's like when your friend gets attacked, y'know? That kind of deal. At least I think that's the majority of the vibe I'm getting here and not just ''HE SAYS SOMETHING I LIKE. THUS RAWR ATTACK!"
That is what I'm alluding to. It's clearly unpleasant when it happens to someone you've a connection with, so it's worth remembering that the times Smashboards is the culprit instead of the recipient, and someone from another community is in the line of fire, other people elsewhere feel the same way.

Some ""insiders"" genuinely are jerks, but many do have the best of intentions.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
We've known for a while that Kirkhope has no involvement with the game, and I'm surprised it wasn't immediately brought up, as it's a big strike against Banjo. Kirkhope not coming in for K. Rool's music is one thing, since there are a lot of other DK games without his music and DK was in the series long before K. Rool was, but to have Banjo in the game with no Kirkhope compositions would be absurd. If Grant isn't involved with the game, then I don't think Banjo is in.

Isabelle, easily. Though, I'd prefer Cloud so I could annoy him with my Kingdom Hearts/Sora in Smash questions.
No, it means nothing. Grant doesn't own the music, Rare does. He would likely have no clue if his music's being used, the same as Gregg Mayles wouldn't know about King K Rool (though for different reasons). The closest thing we have to speculate about is Steve Mayles, who's avoiding the potential leak, but his avoidance could just be not knowing if it's real or not rather than knowing from his brother, who does work at Rare.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Daisy's physical incapability to be quiet will never not be hilarious, and i'm probably gonna play her more then Peach.
It's the whole reason I play her. I've loved her in every Mario Kart/Party/Strikers/other sports stuff because it's just so satisfying to get her voice lines. Even her losing animations and voice lines are wonderfully childish.

It's funny how you become so attached to the most basic of fictional characters for the most particular reasons.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know, when I come to Smashboard, I always expect someone to talk about buttvore. :)

:upsidedown:

Oh mon dieu...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Okay i'll come clean, I have a bias.

I can't trust people that wear winter hats in summer or fall.

I see it as a sign of poor judgement.

How can I be expected to believe a guy at microsoft knew of Banjo and all the banner characters and remained silent until he messaged him.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Okay i'll come clean, I have a bias.

I can't trust people that wear winter hats in summer or fall.

I see it as a sign of poor judgement.
I understand where you're coming from. For me, I can't trust adults who refuse to eat their vegetables. It's one thing to be a kid and not like them, but if you're an adult, there are no excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom