• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
What if it's real... but the game is delayed until March? If they're adding this much in the home stretch (including Banjo) I'd wager it would end up being a Brawl Sonic situation.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
My point stands, this **** look like Omnimon

View attachment 171598
I can kinda see it, the problem is that the "buff chest" is actually luigi's smoke trial.
ROB has been paired flying with Luigi in every render of the banner so far, so while it might be hard to see due to the blur, ROB is most likely below Luigi.
Aside from that there's those lighting clouds which in conjuction with everything else form a rough shape, but it's very unlikely they would put someone in such a crammed area.
The sword arm is Ken's blazing shoryuken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Does the Crash dance*

*The whole chat smashes him*

Ok, now that the Crash talk is over, i want to ask stuff about Mach Rider?

How good is the game?
Is there an exact port that i should look for?
Does the game control well?
How is the music?

Last edited by a moderator:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Man, poor Sakurai...
All he wants to do is surprise us and his work always gets leaked because someone wanted fifteen minutes of fame...

Assuming this is real of course, which I don't believe.
I feel the same way. We were even fortunate enough to get Ultimate released within the same year as its announcement, and that STILL wasn't even enough for some people.

That's why I'm on Team Fake for this one—I'm sincerely hoping that it isn't real, so that Sakurai could release just ONE Smash game without its roster being leaked.

If this ends up being real, well.... at least he's still got that unrevealed mode to surprise us with. Here's to hoping that doesn't get leaked beforehand as well.

D

Deleted member

My opinion? It’s real but not complete according to their sources, so they’re in a weird limbo where too much talking will get them into hot water.
Or, maybe they don't really have any info and are trying to think of a clever way to save face, and hoping that people will forget about what they said.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Insiders seem petrified of this thing. Yet none of them will say it's fake. What's the deal?
They want to continue to milk attention from fans and aren't sure whether flat-out denial or claiming they had some kind of foreknowledge that they just chose not to reveal until now will get them more. Thus they choose dubious mystique.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
ooh we doing our rankings for each character (assuming the leak is real) ?

Shadow: 10/10 YES. JUST YES. Now just add All of Me and All Hail Shadow pls.

Ken: 10/10 YES. JUST YES. Nintendo you really knocked it out of the park with these last two echoes.

Isaac: 5/10 Really don't care in the slightest but I have a friend who's a HUGE fan so I'm happy for him.

Chorus Kids: 6/10 Don't care for RH all that much but they were my favorite pick of the bunch. Something about them is so endearing to me.

Mach Rider: 7/10 Retro character so they're already liked in my book. Very interested in their moveset.

Geno: 7/10 Don't care for him but will love to see him in purely for the feeling of nostalgia that will no doubt envelop me about the Brawl days.

Banjo: 9/10 Holy ****. This would hype me up significantly. I wasn't a supporter of them per se but I still really wanted to see them in, they just fit so damn well and practically ooze "Nintendo".
Shadow: 2/10 Was once literally one of the characters I wanted out most. But I’ll enjoy beating him up and I guess he makes a lot of sense. Echo is also way better than original fighter.

Ken: 4.5/10 He just makes sense to include, don’t like him or know him but he’s a bit goofier than Ryu which is cool. Can appreciate him being the original ‘Echo Fighter’ or fighting games.

Isaac: 10/10 Literally one of my most wanted now King K.Rool is in. Loved Golden Sun, and still love it. Hopefully it’ll lead to a new game or a remake. Most hyped of all newcomers outside K.Rool.

Chorus Kids: 6/10 Never played Rhythm Heaven but they seem unique enough to warrant inclusion and I liked the silliness of Wario Ware so would probably appreciate the franchise.

Mach Rider: 8/10 Best possible retro pick. Might slightly prefer Balloon Fighter because Iwata creates him, but as a character, Mach Rider is cool as **** and always wanted him as a retro character.

Geno: 7/10 I mean he was cool in SMRPG and his move set would be great, it’s just that he’s such a irrelevant character overall. I still don’t get the over bloated popularity.

Banjo-Kazooie: 9.5/10 Yeah I wanted them badly but never really thought they where likely so sort of wrote them off. Only reason they don’t get a 10 is cause I wanted Dixie before them, and shamefully, I never completed the original game or gotten Tooie </3.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
What if it's real... but the game is delayed until March? If they're adding this much in the home stretch (including Banjo) I'd wager it would end up being a Brawl Sonic situation.
Please no, I joked about the possible delay when the game was originally announced but I don't want it to actually happen!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Damn y'all imagine if this leak is fake and kencineroar are our final newcomers

Holy **** the dissapointment would be so massive I can hear it now
this is also an acceptable outcome

because either way I get to play as Inkling and K. Rool

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
THE LEAK ALSO SAYS TABUU MAY BE A BOSS
I NEED THIS LEAK TO BE REAL

TABUU AS A BOSS
WHAT IF HE'S THE FINAL BOSS AGAIN
That'd be kinda lame. Honestly I wanted Tabuu to be playable somehow, but if he's a boss I'd rather him be the ""final"" boss and have a KI: Uprising type ending.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I doubt its delayed. This roster is pretty easy to explain.

Two of them are echos easy to make.

Chorus kids like Ice Climbers were probably fully developed for Smash 4 and cut because the wii u sucked with multiple characters and 3ds. They knew this game was coming so saved the data to implement them as easily as an echo.

Banjo probably came on early in development. Geno too.

Issac could probably borrow a lot of animations with new flairs on them so may be lighter work.

Mach rider is completely original so a lot of work went into them. But sakurai already had ideas on how they would work from melee. So I think its not to far out there to say they made these characters while staying on track.

SneakDuckens

Smash Cadet
NNID
heiny13
Honestly, if this leak is true , I do feel bad for Sakurai a little bit. Lots of characters spoiled before he got the chance to present them.

On the other hand, we didn't get an October direct and have zero news, so if he really wanted to avoid all of these characters being spoiled, he could have revealed a few in October. That's on him.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
So much conflicting information being thrown out between existing info, the Grinch thing, and now SpawnWave and co. that I don't think anyone can claim "Occam's razor" as a defense for anything.

At the end of the day, I'm going to remain highly skeptical on the supposed roster leak in particular unless there's more substantial evidence found in its favor that corroborates known existing information. Most particularly, as I said the other day, there's a TON of information left to be seen about this game; I don't buy a single Direct detailing five unique newcomers, and then "Spirits and online/DLC/demo/what-have-you" because in reality, that remaining chunk of non-character content is likely way bigger than anyone seems to be giving credit to, even in an abysmal worst-case scenario where the single-player content's more lackluster than Wii U's. Even if there were another standard Direct pre-launch, it wouldn't take too much load off of how long would need to be spent on five unique newcomers.

The only thing that's baffling is the fact that whatever the veracity of this rumor ends up being, it seems inextricably tied to a real person. At this point for me, in the absence of truly compelling visual evidence either way, it's a matter of what makes more sense; 7 or more unrevealed characters that read like a wishlist and fly in the face of official statements (and frankly, common sense), or a fairly elaborate array of faked or partially faked artifacts tied to a confirmed employee of a company that could conceivably have inside info?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I have a hard time arguing against that banner being fake personally. Especially given they tracked down the person’s LinkedIn in the photos. Could it be fake? Still possible but that’s a pretty solid fake then.

I’m leaning on real but i’ll wait and see what gets announced.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if that rumor is true, I wonder why Monster Hunter was cut. It certainly would explain why there's a stage for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom