• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
Theory - She was planned to be an echo but she couldn't work as one. I kind of expect her to show up in Diddy's FS now.
That would be incredibly disappointing for me personally lol. Don't get me wrong, this leak being real would be absolutely amazing, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that Dixie still isn't in Smash.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't believe I'm out for three hours and already missed the birth and death of a new theory.

They grow up so fast.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Yikes at Dixie's Double Trouble. If this is true, she really can't catch a break.

Can't decide if I want this to be true though. On the one hand, EVERYONE IS HERE, but on the other hand, poor old Sakurai got undone by leaks yet again.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Not saying I 100% buy into the leak right now but those comments people are making on the 4chan post to debunk it give me strong flashbacks to this

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Oh my. I wake up to that. That's super ****ing great and looks cool!

Also, I'm 100% sure I see Gardevoir in the sky and not the cloud, doesn't match the sky pattern if it was just the Cloud.

My stance on this?
Look super ****ing cool, supposedly Someone who made an ooopsies or someone who really leaked it.

All of those remaining Newcomers? 5? That's a lot!
However It's weird to not see Incineroar, especially when Vergeben is like double, tripling it down on him.

That Shadow pose is awfully familiar. Ken look a bit disproportionate but that's about it tbh.

Either way, I'm proud of my country.
Just be careful and remember that French are also ******* with the Lapailledor leak, they have a discord just to make fakes leaks.
Im sorry but where do you see gardevoir in the clouds, because all i see are clouds

Shroob

Sup?
Well, if this is legit.... just kinda proves the danger of dragging out the information.

If you want to beat the leaks, you just can't spread it out like this in this day and age.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
And what do you know. The leak that we're freaking out about doesn't have Incineroar in it. :laugh:
Exactly, it's very suspicious. Why is there no Incineroar? If the leak is true, then this will be the first Smash to not have an new Pokemon Newcomer, breaking this tread. Smash always had a new Pokemon rep each game.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ok, this banner leak has officially made everyone insane, and they're ignoring me again :( . Let me just say it again, please. Take it with a grain of salt. We have NOT debunked the leak, so we don't know if it's fake or not. I'm starting to lean toward real.

As I said, I know that it might have been that LinkedIn slipup. But all leaks needs to be taken with grain of salt, whenever they be real or not.
I can only speak for myself, but I think it's unlikely at the moment, despite it having much more going for it than other leaks. To me, the main thing is how they moved all the characters around. Could it be fake? Absolutely, especially by a graphical designer. It does give me pause though, among other things.

Of course that's my rational brain--my emotional brain is going "OH YEAH, THIS IS IT BABY". It's really hard to contain that, but it's imperative I do.

Shroob

Sup?
Exactly, it's very suspicious. Why is there no Incineroar? If the leak is true, then this will be the first Smash to not have an new Pokemon Newcomer, breaking this tread. Smash always had a new Pokemon rep each game.
My ONLY guess is that Pokemon somehow missed the boat and would get in along the lines of Rex+Pyra and Spring Man.

I know Pokemon gets special treatment, but..... the roster was finalized in December 2015.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, if this is legit.... just kinda proves the danger of dragging out the information.

If you want to beat the leaks, you just can't spread it out like this in this day and age.
What's the alternative, reveal everything and have two months of nothing pre-release?

Y'all would tear each other apart.

Shroob

Sup?
What's the alternative, reveal everything and have two months of nothing pre-release?

Y'all would tear each other apart.
Yeah, it sucks but, **** will get leaked. I know Sakurai hates leaks but, he's not going to beat them if he keeps things as he does.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So... remember Tansut?

2018-10-24.png

Would Square Enix be privy to all the other characters in the game? If so, then there's been a potentially legitimate Geno text leak floating around since the 29th that might have been exactly what Tansut was talking about all along.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, it sucks but, **** will get leaked. I know Sakurai hates leaks but, he's not going to beat them if he keeps things as he does.
Well fwiw DLC will be harder to leak. Shorter turnaround, less physical promotion, smaller teams.

Nintendo just has to make sure not to be their own worst enemy this time. xd

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Wait, it didn't?

I mean, newcomers look great but I don't know if it has any chance to be real.
If the reason it's supposedly debunked is just numbers, that's really not a good enough reason. After the e3 reveal, everyone took Sakurai's words to mean only a couple more characters, and we've received six more since then, so I don't think you can safely assume that NOW it applies. Implication is a very easy tool to use for misdirection.

As for Incineroar, while I don't doubt Vergeben was saying what he considered to be truth, we already have the Gematsu precedent that a leaker can have outdated information.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
The thing for me is that it lines up exactly with a Sept 29 text leak, with similar language as well.
I wouldn't say that really means much.
  • Ken - already leaked
  • Mach Rider - a popular choice for the retro rep as is, so is the best one to go for
  • Isaac, Banjo Kazooie, Geno, Chorus Kids, Shadow - all incredibly popular choices, most of which since Brawl at least.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
If the LinkedIn talk is true then I'm leaning towards fake. This paper trail is a little too on the nose. There's no real thing about it that proves it's real or not regardless because illustrative assets are about the easiest thing you can fake from a technical standpoint, especially when you slap a bunch of blur filters on it, so it's easier to assume it's fake for all the basic reasons.

Last edited:

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
so guys... i herd that theres proof that it migth be fake.... some one in 4chan said that 2 of the mii's are missing? can anyone try to point out the 3 mii's to see there all there

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I can't believe it's come to this, lol.

It looks like a double sided ornament based on these renders. One side is the Grinch, with Max behind him, and the other side is Max, with the Grinch behind him. I couldn't find a render of the Grinch from behind, but the glare on the image makes it hard to tell if this isn't just the front flipped and painted over to look like the back. In either case, Max is higher up on this than he is in the official picture, but that's not a big deal considering the separated renders exist.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
My ONLY guess is that Pokemon somehow missed the boat and would get in along the lines of Rex+Pyra and Spring Man.

I know Pokemon gets special treatment, but..... the roster was finalized in December 2015.
Which when consdiering Sun & Moon came out in Nov 2016, is LESS time than between 4's final roster (Summer of 2012) and X&Y's release (Oct 2013).

Yeah I've already thought this through. It's absolutely possible but it would also be weird for the situation to not repeat for Gen 7, especially when Pokemon is as big as it is. (And for those saying Pokemon has enough reps, Mario got 2 more this game so idk).

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Oh my. I wake up to that. That's super ****ing great and looks cool!

Also, I'm 100% sure I see Gardevoir in the sky and not the cloud, doesn't match the sky pattern if it was just the Cloud.

My stance on this?
Look super ****ing cool, supposedly Someone who made an ooopsies or someone who really leaked it.

All of those remaining Newcomers? 5? That's a lot!
However It's weird to not see Incineroar, especially when Vergeben is like double, tripling it down on him.

That Shadow pose is awfully familiar. Ken look a bit disproportionate but that's about it tbh.

Either way, I'm proud of my country.
Just be careful and remember that French are also ******* with the Lapailledor leak, they have a discord just to make fakes leaks.
I've got to stop you there.

Not every single French smasher is a piece of trash.
The only website you want to avoid is JVC (jeuxvideo.com). There's so much cancer here you're better off not knowing what goes in this website.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

It looks like a double sided ornament based on these renders. One side is the Grinch, with Max behind him, and the other side is Max, with the Grinch behind him. I couldn't find a render of the Grinch from behind, but the glare on the image makes it hard to tell if this isn't just the front flipped and painted over to look like the back. In either case, Max is higher up on this than he is in the official picture, but that's not a big deal considering the separated renders exist.
Okay but how long did it take you to find this out, bud?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
  • Ken - already leaked
  • Mach Rider - a popular choice for the retro rep as is, so is the best one to go for
  • Isaac, Banjo Kazooie, Geno, Chorus Kids, Shadow - all incredibly popular choices, most of which since Brawl at least.
And getting ALL of that right at the same time, without adding other characters as well? Slim, slim chance. And using the same "**** you nintendo" language? Highly suspicious.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Lol, you're doing god's work, vaan. xD

so guys... i herd that theres proof that it migth be fake.... some one in 4chan said that 2 of the mii's are missing? can anyone try to point out the 3 mii's to see there all there
The Miis are between Mewtwo and K. Rool on the leak.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
  • Ken - already leaked
All of them popular is not enough, though--that's too many spot on choices including the popular/rumored but excluded ones. I'd go with same person/piggybacking before jumping to coincidence with it lining up exactly.

Edink

Smash Cadet
First time actually writing in this forum cause of the banner leak but duuude, that's insane and ****ed up at the same time.

Happy coz Issac is in and sad coz Skull Kid is not.
Currently hoping is fake so we can get one last surprise.

I'm sorry Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom