• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Are we 100% sure Kos-Mos is there?

Because if not:

Mach Rider
Geno
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Banjo

That's 5 unique newcomers, meaning that each would 'probably' get a stage, meaning 108 would be live again.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Do people really not know where Ken's fist is?

Talking about here:
I edited my comment after realizing you said “above his fist”.

I just made a similar image circling that exact spot; not posting it since you beat me to it.

That’s literally just a break in the clouds here behind Shiek.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What's the green thing on the ground in front of Isaac meant to be?
Some psynergy?
Holy ****, I think that's a ****ing Djinn. That's an incredible touch.

The only thing is, I don't remember a Green colored Djinn in Golden Sun. I could be remembering wrong though.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm sure if this got out, this would ruffle a lot more feathers than a simple character leak nobody could figure out what it was. :chuckle:

Shroob

Sup?
So Kos-Mos isn't actually there?

Then that's 5 unique newcomers and 2 Echo fighters, meaning that we'd reclaim the 5 missing stages from CoroCoro's slip up.

D

Deleted member

I edited my comment after realizing you said “above his fist”.

I literally made a similar image circling that exact spot; not posting it since you beat me to it.

That’s literally just a break in the clouds here behind Shiek.

Good eye. So damn hard to tell anything in this blurry post.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Gonna say that most definitely isn't KOS-MOS. Having recently played through Xenosaga with a friend, that definitely isn't her. It looks much more like R.O.B.'s lower half as previously mentioned.

EDIT: And have we settled for sure on Mach Rider being between Inkling and Roy? I'm not quite seeing it.
Double Edit: Nvm I see it, kinda weird to grasp but it's neat.

But SEVEN goddamn new characters. There's just no way. Infinity props to whoever made this if it's fake. But at the same time go **** yourself for ruining a surprise this good if it's real.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's the one above Ken's fist that people are trying to figure out. The head plate is very distinctive - she's in a sort of kicking pose.
I don't really see Kos-Mos right there. Like at all. I'm 90% sure it's the sky.
Edit: damn you image uploader. Quote to see.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So Kos-Mos isn't actually there?

Then that's 5 unique newcomers and 2 Echo fighters, meaning that we'd reclaim the 5 missing stages from CoroCoro's slip up.
I still think it's likely the Minecraft content would be a stage--it fits perfectly. Or, perhaps Banjo/Minecraft came as a package and that is their stage.

...I wouldn't even be mad, to be honest.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm going to bed. Somebody wake me up when this one's proven fake too.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
>Chorus Kids
>Banjo
>Isaac
>Mach Rider
>Geno

>Shadow echo
>Ken echo

It's way more than anyone's expecting. If this happens, people are going to lose their minds.

Shroob

Sup?
Mach Rider is between Inkling and Roy and below DK.
Okay yeah that's definitely Mach Rider.

So now I'm confused.

I can't say Verg was lying after seeing Ken and Geno here, but.... Is Incineroar just actually not happening? THAT... would be surprising. Unless we're missing him, which seems really hard to do.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I sleep. Wake me up when we can drop box theory debates and begin marketer leak debates

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Where exactly are people seeing Geno in this? Been scouring it like crazy and not seeing any sign of him.

Also, you can make out a bit of French on one of the documents at the top of the picture, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited:

TVDart

Smash Apprentice

So now I'm confused.

I can't say Verg was lying after seeing Ken and Geno here, but.... Is Incineroar just actually not happening? THAT... would be surprising. Unless we're missing him, which seems really hard to do.
In this case there's always the chance Vergeben got early information for cut content. Gematsu's original Smash 4 leak got a lot correct, but also had Chrom + Chorus Kids who were nowhere to be seen.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

So now I'm confused.

He could easily be DLC. Seeing as how Smash Wii U opened with Mewtwo I could see Ultimate opening with Inceneroar. Would make sense because of how recent S&M are.

Edit: Though I learned to not FULLY trust Vergeben a looooooong time ago, he has done pretty damn good with this game. Inceneroar could be DLC and Verge not know that.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Where exactly are people seeing Geno in this? Been scouring it like crazy and not seeing any sign of him.

Also, it's a little bit interesting that you can make out a bit of French on one of the documents at the top of the picture.
He's just to the right of Pac-Man and above Ness. You can make out an orange figure with blue and yellow decals (his cape).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Also, you can make out a bit of French on one of the documents at the top of the picture, for whatever that's worth.
He's just right below Pac-Man.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Have a side by side we threw together on the Source Gaming discord, makes this much easier to talk about
Side by Side.png

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He's just to the right of Pac-Man and above Ness. You can make out an orange figure with blue and yellow decals (his cape).
Oh damn, you're right, was really hard to make out in all that clutter.

So that's 7 more characters then, and 5 which are unique? That's really hard to believe tbh, especially if they're all in only a single Direct.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Have a side by side we threw together on the Source Gaming discord, makes this much easier to talk about
Thank you so much for this!
Echoes:
-Shadow
-Ken
Unique:
-Banjo
-Isaac
-Chorus Kids
-Mach Rider
-Geno

My god... if this is real, guys... if this is real.

Last edited:

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Guys I just realised, all the kids are together in the pic. It’s like Villager, Ness, Pokemon Trainer, Young Link, Mega Man and now Chorus Kids are all right next to each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom