• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
The only main thing besides there being so many fighters, is the fact that I think I've seen that exact same Isaac somewhere else. I'm still trying to find it, but I could've swore I've seen it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's impressive at least how the characters have been moved around, aswell as the clear background on one of the documents, clearly if this is fake a lot of work has gone into it.

Still, it does seem quite ambitious, if this were to be true we'd have 5 unique newcomers and 2 echoes left, which would be extremely surprising. Mach Rider could be a Falcon echo I guess, but it's still crazy.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If this is fake, I will say I'm impressed. Dude had to come up with all this ****, remake the background of the poster, somehow maneuver the characters about, take a picture through ****ing Snapchat, send it to someone else, have them screenshot it, and THEN post it on 4Chan. Like, I don't think Smash is worth that much goddamn trouble.

And I'm pretty sure that's Gardevoir by Ken's fist and the Mii Brawler
Nah, that's just Yoshi's fat ass with his stupid egg.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The only main thing besides there being so many fighters, is the fact that I think I've seen that exact same Isaac somewhere else. I'm still trying to find it, but I could've swore I've seen it.
Yeah, I'm looking at possible renders for some characters as well. Though, if it's fake, they're really good, moving the characters around while every other banner leak just plops characters in. Even the little touches like Samus slightly in front of Pichu's lightning bolt now.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The thing about the leak gets me is that they got the background without the characters on it unless that already exist some where

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I noticed there's pictures of Max and the Grinch from the new Illumination Grinch film coming up. Maybe for marketing purposes? Are we to assume this potential leaker works in marketing? or design?

Grinch and Smash are from two wildly different worlds.
OK wow I didn't see them but on different sheets of paper they're clearly there. So this might be an actual marketer of all things.

Shroob

Sup?
I see Incineroar.

Either my eyes are playing tricks on me, or he's the red blobs above Samus.

He's in the background like Luigi and ROB are.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Looks like ****ing "Marketing Theory" is now a thing. Cool.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How old is Isaac canonically btw? I know he's kneeling and not quite in the foreground, but he looks like a dwarf in that image.

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
This new leak is my entire wishlist for Ultimate's base roster, there's no way this can be real. If it is somehow then DUUUUUDE

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, my eyes are ****ing awful then.

That seems like wayyyy too much to be shown off at once, there's like, what, 5-7 unique newcomers there alone?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Don't quite buy that with only a month left and every character revealed before launch, we're still yet to get:

>Banjo
>Isaac
>KOS-MOS
>Mach Rider
>Geno
>Chorus Kids
>Ken
>Shadow

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The thing about the leak gets me is that they got the background without the characters on it unless that already exist some where
Not saying the background is definitely recreated, but it wouldn't be that hard to recreate for anyone with significant Photoshop experience. If I had a day to kill, I could produce something like this.

The fact that the picture is so blurry is why I'm choosing not to believe it. That hides the imperfections of something the person had to Photoshop.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Throwing it out there now, Sakurai is a god if this is real. I don't know how he could possibly get this much work done for Ultimate if this is a legitimate leak. I expect this to be fake but will actually convert to Sakuraism if this is somehow legit.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Just from looking into google translate, nique seems to mean the f-word in french. I don't speak french so I can't confirm for sure. But the caption seems to be saying "**** nintendo."

It's french for sure, as the piece of paper above says "Je vous."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem has never really been known for its great overarching plots. They're trying to fit in so many characters that the driving story gets muddled and lost, or overly generic. Every FE has suffered from this, though some to a higher degree than others. (And Fates the most.)

Where things get tricky is what constitutes "good gameplay", because FE as a series now has "old" and "new" fans that are requesting different things. I've talked to multiple people who only got into Fates for the pairing/children thing, and skipped on Echoes for that reason alone. (Which, I don't really get, but that's definitely a thing, and could very well be a major contributing factor to Echoes underselling in comparison to Awakening/Fates.)

FE is no longer really niche, which is a good thing. But how on earth to appease both sides of the aisle is... difficult. The success of FE Heroes and the fan campaign for Chrom proves that there's a big fanbase there for the taking, but how do you keep that new casual audience without losing the soul of what FE is?

How do we not pull a Resident Evil 6?
The obvious solution is to turn FE into a Golden Sun inspired JRPG with a touch of Persona-equse dating. /S

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
**** guys, I've got glasses on and I can still barely make out anything in that image.

Damn you marketer man, make my life easier. Squintin hurts.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This image hurts my head tbh.

What am I even looking at? It looks like one of those round displays that circles around to show off an image, but it's gone full-on abstract, my brain can't process all the extra stuff on the screen.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Well, even if only one of these characters is revealed soon, we’ll know if it’s real based on their pose and positioning so there’s that.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I see Incineroar.

Either my eyes are playing tricks on me, or he's the red blobs above Samus.

He's in the background like Luigi and ROB are.
That's Diddy Kong.

No Incineroar, huh? Hope I like pants.
Don't quite buy that with only a month left and every character revealed before launch, we're still yet to get:

>Banjo
>Isaac
>KOS-MOS
>Mach Rider
>Geno
>Chorus Kids
>Ken
>Shadow
Gonna be one hell of a final direct I guess.

I imagine shared trailers might become a thing if this is the case.

Open up with Mach Rider and Chorus Kids, reveal Shadow and Ken as echoes, have KOS-MOS and Geno together in a trailer, and then Banjo and Isaac. Mix those characters as you see fit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Throwing it out there now, Sakurai is a god if this is real. I don't know how he could possibly get this much work done for Ultimate if this is a legitimate leak. I expect this to be fake but will actually convert to Sakuraism if this is somehow legit.
You and me both. My jaw will literally go through the floor if this, by some miracle in heaven, turns out to be real.

>Banjo
>Isaac
>KOS-MOS
>Mach Rider
>Geno
>Chorus Kids
>Ken
>Shadow
Where did you see KOS-MOS?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
This image hurts my head tbh.

What am I even looking at? It looks like one of those round displays that circles around to show off an image, but it's gone full-on abstract, my brain can't process all the extra stuff on the screen.
Same. I'm like staring at it trying to make out what's what.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

>Banjo
>Isaac
>KOS-MOS
>Mach Rider
>Geno
>Chorus Kids
>Ken
>Shadow
I don't believe this leak, BUT, food for thought.

What if this Smash took the route of many other modern fighters, and decided on its "season pass" before the game released? And that Sakurai, being Sakurai, has chosen to include all of the planned characters on the poster so that fans and collectors will have the full roster represented on day one? What if that final direct announces its DLC plan and shows that all these characters will be coming in 2019?

I don't legitimately think this will happen, but it seems like something that could happen.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What's the green thing on the ground in front of Isaac meant to be?
Some psynergy?

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
So I see: Shadow, Ken, Banjo & Kazooie, Chorus Kids, Isaac and 2 or 3 more I can't identifiy...
I mean, it's not entirely impossible that Sakurai pulls a massive reveal of 5+ characters in the last direct, but it seems highly unlikely... If there were that much left, wouldn't they have revealed some more already to keep the hype train going?
Also, no Pokemon seems fishy, and contradicts Vergeben, but at least it's not a low effort text leak i guess...

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
What's the green thing on the ground in front of Isaac meant to be?
Some psynergy?
Vines, it seems.

Well, even if only one of these characters is revealed soon, we’ll know if it’s real based on their pose and positioning so there’s that.
Not positioning, necessarily. All characters are moved around constantly, so if we don't get all of them they won't be in their 'final' spots.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So I see: Shadow, Ken, Banjo & Kazooie, Chorus Kids, Isaac and 2 or 3 more I can't identifiy...
I mean, it's not entirely impossible that Sakurai pulls a massive reveal of 5+ characters in the last direct, but it seems highly unlikely... If there were that much left, wouldn't they have revealed some more already to keep the hype train going?
Also, no Pokemon seems fishy, and contradicts Vergeben, but at least it's not a low effort text leak i guess...
I think it's highly unlikely, which is why I'm starting to doubt it more, the more we find characters, I feel like 5 is the most. Though, there are "two" rumored Directs, so....

...still probably too many.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You and me both. My jaw will literally go through the floor if this, by some miracle in heaven, turns out to be real.

Where did you see KOS-MOS?
It's the one above Ken's fist that people are trying to figure out. The head plate is very distinctive - she's in a sort of kicking pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom