• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny_Cookie

Smash Rookie
Newcomers:
- Isaac
- Skull Kid
- Inceneroar
- Rhythm Heaven (Chorus Kids)
- Geno/Banjo (only one of them)

Echoes:
- Isabelle
- Black Knight
- Dixie Kong
- Ken
- Shadow
- Impa

DLC:
-Geno/Banjo (whichever one wasn’t in the base roster and he will be the last one revealed.
- Rayman
- Heihachi
- Springman/Ribbon Girl/ MinMin (costumes)
- Rex&Pyra
- Fire Emblem 3 Houses character
- Monster Hunter
- If Banjo is in the base roster I could actually see Memester Chief as an actual contender for DLC.
how come only Geno or Banjo?

I don’t really have a conservative view on things. A few more fighters could mean more then a 8 compared then the large amount of newcomers we have been getting. So I think we’ll be getting more than 4 more

Isaac
Geno
Bandana Dee
Rythm Heaven rep
Inceneroar (?)
Skull Kid (?)
Banjo and Kazooie (if not base than DLC)

Dixie Kong
Isabelle
Shadow
Ken
Impa

Spring Man
Rex and Pyra
Crash Bandicoot
Edelgard
Banjo and Kazooie (if not DLC than base roster)
Which Rythm Heaven character would you pick?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So apparently Black Knight has been replaced in the Castle Seige stage and will probably be an Ike echo. I don't know how I feel about another FE character.

D

Deleted member

So apparently Black Knight has been replaced in the Castle Seige stage and will probably be an Ike echo. I don't know how I feel about another FE character.
That's not Black Knight and never has been.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While we are on the topic of Indies.
What do you think the chances of a Indie newcomer making it into smash?
If you don't want an indie newcomer, why?
I feel like Shovel Knight had the best chance, seeing as he was pretty much the face of indies on Nintendo consoles during a time where traditional third parties more or less abandoned Nintendo and indie support really picked up.

Seeing as SK's an assist trophy, maybe Quote from Cave Story? It's been on pretty much every Nintendo console (home and handheld) since the Wii. There's others that I wouldn't mind seeing, but I don't know how likely they are.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why does it even matter if Black Knight is an echo fighter? It’s not like he is taking another characters spot lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This dropped on Nintendo UK channel:

Blimey, how much coffee did they give that announcer?

Nothing too much but we know when Morphie's Law is coming and we got Prison Architect on Switch so yay!

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Still no Shovel Knight: King of Cards news, damn. Might as well be vaporware at this point.
If it releases this year it will only be a few more months than the gap between Plague and Specter. And you don't know vaporware if this wait is too much.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
There's also how Yacht Club is working on their next game so I imagine that might take a few extra months if they're already past the planning stage
Did they ever say whether it was Super Shovel Knight/SK64 or a different game altogether? I seem to remember them putting out a poll that asked people if they wanted a SK sequel or a new game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Did they ever say whether it was Super Shovel Knight/SK64 or a different game altogether? I seem to remember them putting out a poll that asked people if they wanted a SK sequel or a new game.
I remember them saying their next project wasn't Shovel Knight. Whatever it is, I hope it does well, the devs aren't just talented but they're great with feedback, listening to fans on twitter and hearing out any criticism they have

Zeox

Smash Champion
I think a FE Boss would make lots of sense, after all there are like 7 characters of that franchise in the game already, Mario and Pokemon got bosses in brawl, so for FE to Black Knight as a boss sounds obvious.

D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight is literally the most popular videogame indie character, if he isn't playable, no one else is.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
That's not Black Knight but it did look like him. The new general reminds me of Awakening generals so maybe that could be a reason for the change rather than playable BK. Though BK as an Ike echo makes a lot of sense and I wouldn't be too surprised at that.

Also, I wonder if we've seen all the modes(besides Spirits). With how Assist Trophies can now be beaten and now seem to behave more like characters I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mode where you could control them or say have a battle with just Assists, or maybe as DLC to try to appease Waluigi fans and the like...

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Well there goes the theory us Shantae fans had about her being revealed in an indie based direct. I wonder what that glimmer of extra info is at the end?

D

Deleted member

Impa and Ganondorf are going to be confirmed in the Hyrule Warriors Direct guys!

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
That's not Black Knight and never has been.
I was about to say, I never realized he was there lol. Yea if that was him I would defintely change my mind on him, otherwise not convinced. FE has too much of a reputation for clones to also have 3 echo fighters :/
Impa and Ganondorf are going to be confirmed in the Hyrule Warriors Direct guys!
Um...is this a joke I'm not following??? Lol

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Dude, don't make fun of people for their aspirations. Just because we had an idea and it had a low chance of happening doesn't mean you can mock us for having hope.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Now, in not sure if smash will have any news but Nintendo did reveal a lot of news last year at gamescom. So I guess keep your eyes peeled for anything

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Um...is this a joke I'm not following??? Lol
Almost every time there's a game-specific Direct, somebody will assume that a character from that game/series will be announced for Smash.

For example, if they announced that there will be a Pokemon Let's Go direct tomorrow, people would start speculating that Eevee, Gengar, Incineroar, Decidueye, etc. would be announced for Smash along with it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Doesn't really surprise me much, but I'm still disappointed. They're not even uploading it to their other Nintendo channels.
Literally what did you expect? The whole point of Nindies is to help show the world that these indie games that people may not know about due to their smallee budgets which leads to less money for marketing. A Smash announcement would overshadow everything. Like, that Monster Boy game caught my interest and I'm going to see if I can try it out this week because of it

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Now, in not sure if smash will have any news but Nintendo did reveal a lot of news last year at gamescom. So I guess keep your eyes peeled for anything
With how little time is left and how they want to reveal everything pre-launch there's atleast the possibility of an announcement of an announcement. But I think TGS is more likely since it's mid September, right before the online will launch and Nintendo is having a presence for the first time in a while.

Doesn't mean I'm not excited for any potential Nintendo news at Gamescom!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, it shows how much being a fan of what you’re working with can affect the project. Apparently the team behind Hyrule Warriors were all pretty huge Zelda fans, so there’s love crammed into every single inch of that game. Skull Kid was added to that game because the devs themselves wanted to play as him and pretty much no other reason.

I hope that when Smash inevitably moves on with different names at the helm, they find people who are as big of fans of Nintendo as possible. Can you imagine if every series got the diversity and attention that Kirby does in stages, music, etc.?

Not to put out any ill will for lack of that in other series. Sakurai created Kirby so naturally he’d know all the best things to add for it (even if they’re all from his own games in the series, lol), versus something like Metroid or DK. Even then, the guy clearly did his research for Ridley and K. Rool, so I have to give credit where credit is due.

Basically what I’m saying is that I hope the next Smash team just loves Nintendo and all of its properties. Love is an extremely important ingredient in a great video game and it really shows with games like Hyrule Warriors and Ultimate.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Literally what did you expect? The whole point of Nindies is to help show the world that these indie games that people may not know about due to their smallee budgets which leads to less money for marketing. A Smash announcement would overshadow everything. Like, that Monster Boy game caught my interest and I'm going to see if I can try it out this week because of it
I expected nothing, and I got nothing, yet I'm still disappointed. Though you're right it would overshadow pretty much everything and that Monster Boy game looks really good.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Dude, don't make fun of people for their aspirations. Just because we had an idea and it had a low chance of happening doesn't mean you can mock us for having hope.
It never had a chance of happening. "We just had hope!" doesn't work when there's no reason to get your hopes up.
I expected nothing, and I got nothing, yet I'm still disappointed. Though you're right it would overshadow pretty much everything and that Monster Boy game looks really good.
Except you DID expect something, otherwise you wouldn't be disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom