• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man, I love leaks that give themselves a short deadline. I don't get why people hate fake leaks so much, leak culture basically defined my Smash 4 speculation.

Having found this on Reddit and subsequently remembered this, I would have no problem if this random occurrence somehow came back.
bafafff7-6576-4f8e-aac9-e32c1eba63c7.png

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Minor observation. I was watching Simon’s character vid and saw his tether on the ledge. However, he doesn’t have a tether grab or a tether special. Is he just pressing z? What’s going on there?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
People don't believe Loz but believe that stupid gardevior leak." B-but the leak g-got Richter!! Gardevior has to b-be in!"
Yeah I don't want Gothitelle. It's ugly. i went out of my way to get a Solosis in my Black file. It's cuter. By herself, I don't think people would take issue with Gardevoir. Too bad it's paired up with this text leak that sounds like a scrapped script of a Mega64 @ E3 2018 sketch.

Speaking of Pokemon. Is Victini still a Poke Ball summon?

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Yeah I don't want Gothitelle. It's ugly. i went out of my way to get a Solosis in my Black file. It's cuter. By herself, I don't think people would take issue with Gardevoir. Too bad it's paired up with this text leak that sounds like a scrapped script of a Mega64 @ E3 2018 sketch.

Speaking of Pokemon. Is Victini still a Poke Ball summon?
We haven't seen it yet.

Ethan7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BulbapediaEditor
Although I hear a lot of talk about Skull Kid being a newcomer, I haven't seen to many ideas on how he would fight in the game. In Major's Mask, Skull Kid himself doesn't do really any combat, which must mean he will use many attacks from his three forms at the end of the game.

I could see him using whips, firing beams, and whirling around to attack. As Skull Kid while wearing the mask, he may hover over the floor to navigate across the stage.

What are your thoughts on how he would play if he makes it in?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aaaaaand Slowboards strikes back...that didn’t last long

@ me if anything interesting happens (mainly any leaks or such with My Gurl(TM) Elma)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So you're not going to believe him anymore because he has an opinion that you disagree with? It sounds like you were taking it seriously. It's not like his speculation of Tom Nook discredits him in any way.

And to be clear, I'm not really a follow of loz18, myself. I'm just trying to lay down the facts, here.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that this is how all the misinterpretations happen. Please make sure you always understand the full context or give your full context before you post. Otherwise, people are going to run away with wrong information.
I decided not to believe him long ago. All I was trying to say was that he speculates that Tom Nook will be an echo fighter. I'm not really sure where the misinformation comes from. All I was trying to say is that I don't trust him, and haven't for a while, and that he speculates Tom will be in the game.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
I just find the concept hella lame to be frank.

Skull Kid's most iconic thing is 'the moon'. To not let him have The Moon, and just turn his FS into another "Rushdown of punches" is lame and doesn't fit the character.

If this was Smash4, having Majora come out as a controllable superunit would be amazing, but now it's meh.
Skull kid's most iconic thing is that he is wearing the Majora's Mask. I mean everything he does is thanks to that cursed Mask. Why is so difficult to accept the fact that a cinematic where he drops the mask, this transforms into Majora's Wrath and whip the hell out of everyone trapped in it, is a viable chois for a FS.
Heck seeing Majora in a nice HD model would be awesome.

P.S Sorry I just replied to this, I am like 70 pages behind

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Minor observation. I was watching Simon’s character vid and saw his tether on the ledge. However, he doesn’t have a tether grab or a tether special. Is he just pressing z? What’s going on there?
I believe Simon is the first character in Smash to both have a zair/tether recovery while also having a completely normal grab.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I see his is the new cool kids hang out. Will I’ll leave this here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&t=54m30s&v=2vQbnaGFKTw
People say the guy on the right(Matt) looks concerned when Dante is bought up. I don’t know about that but it should be noted there was a little college put together of stuff pointing towards his inclusion such as Matt sending a Dante rocks out image to someone on Twitter but then said sent to the wrong person when it was made public.
He’s also apparently known for not keeping secrets.

I have no idea who these people are other then that they work at capcom and that these “incidents” have been questioning if he’s in.

But what’s everyone think?

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have a good feeling that Simon's aerials work as tether recoveries. That could have been his b-air that snapped to the ledge, considering the fact that he wasn't facing it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
People say the guy on the right(Matt) looks concerned when Dante is bought up. I don’t know about that but it should be noted there was a little college put together of stuff pointing towards his inclusion such as Matt sending a Dante rocks out image to someone on Twitter but then said sent to the wrong person when it was made public.

I have no idea who these people are other then that they work at capcom and that these “incidents” have been questioning if he’s in.

I think it is nothing but them confirming Dante will not join the fight...for now at the least
@ me if anything interesting happens (mainly any leaks or such with My Gurl(TM) Elma)
@ me starting my new girl Elma...she has left you and your people for the Kid Icarus crew

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

We need another Namco rep before we get another Capcom one.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So you're not going to believe him anymore because he has an opinion that you disagree with? It sounds like you were taking it seriously. It's not like his speculation of Tom Nook discredits him in any way.

And to be clear, I'm not really a follow of loz18, myself. I'm just trying to lay down the facts, here.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that this is how all the misinterpretations happen. Please make sure you always understand the full context or give your full context before you post. Otherwise, people are going to run away with wrong information.
Anyway, I apologize for what I said and I apologize if I mislead anyone. I didn't think it would be made into such a big deal. I should've said 'speculate' instead of saying 'think', and I'll try to keep this in mind for next time.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Aside from Skull Kid and a new adventure mode, the one thing I'm looking forward to is a potential Target Smash/Board the Platforms custom creator. Considering these two modes are among the most loved by fans (along side Home Run Contest and Multi-Man Melee) and easily the most nostalgic, which is something they've been focusing on, I'm really eager to see something like this. Maybe if not in the base game, as free dlc.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So was this right?

I'm confused.
We will confirm if it's either fake or not that the title of the video changes when that gamefaqs thread is 8 hours old, but even if it changes, i don't honestly know how that proves anything really.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I know that leak is bull, but I don't think people get how easy it is to make Bandana Dee a Kirby echo.

1. We know Echoes now borrow moves from other characters

2. Kirby has 60+ different copy abilities, meaning he has animations for all of those moves already in the game. Marths B move is exactly what id picture for Bandana Dee' s own, albeit longer reach with his spear.

3. Bandana Dee literally is the same body type as Kirby, and in most games shares many of the same animations as him.

4. Bandana Dee's Up-B could literally be Kirby's Up-B with a longer reach and no shockwave. Every other special move would be subject to people's opinions.

Dunno why people think it's impossible for him to be an echo

Last edited:

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Aside from Skull Kid and a new adventure mode, the one thing I'm looking forward to is a potential Target Smash/Board the Platforms custom creator. Considering these two modes are among the most loved by fans (along side Home Run Contest and Multi-Man Melee) and easily the most nostalgic, which is something they've been focusing on, I'm really eager to see something like this. Maybe if not in the base game, as free dlc.
Already drawing my kaizo maps on my sketchpad.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I know that leak is bull, but I don't think people get how easy it is to make Bandana Dee a Kirby echo.

2. Kirby has 60+ different copy abilities, meaning he has animations for all of those moves already in the game. Marths B move is exactly what id picture for Bandana Dee' s own, albeit longer reach with his spear.

3. Bandana Dee literally is the same body type as Kirby

Yeah, Except i doubt Bandanny Devito is gonna borrow moves from copy abilities.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

3. Bandana Dee literally is the same body type as Kirby

I think it could be due to how Kirby and Bandanna Dee having different types of attacks. Attacking with a spear is unique and putting BD as an Echo seems a bit funny.

But borrowing moves would make sense at this point so you have a point there.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I mean, a bandanna dee echo isn't literally impossible, but it would involve a character whose main mode of combat is a spear barely using spear moves. Also it doesn't make sense for Bandanna Dee to echo any of Kirby's specials.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

3. Bandana Dee literally is the same body type as Kirby, and in most games shares many of the same animations as him.

4. Bandana Dee's Up-B could literally be Kirby's Up-B with a longer reach and no shockwave. Every other special move would be subject to people's opinions.

It would make more sense for Bandana Dee to have Peach's Parasol move as his Up+B, because Parasols are something Waddle Dees can have.

He wouldn't be able to have Inhale (no mouth) or Stone, so those would have to change, other than that it's not impossible for Waddle Dee to be a Kirby clone.

Parasol Waddle Dee even already existed in Smash Run... so... yeah.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

thats a good point. though i think the way kirby jumps doesnt fit bandana dee at all, i could see them using kirby as a base model for dee (like bayo was based on zss model for an easier development) but i dont think he'd be an echo then, also if they took a bunch of kirby "power" moves to give him his spear i feel would also make him not considered an echo...i dunno echos are weird soimetimes haha

luckily the leak has a time limit so we'll know if its anything soon enough.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I mean, a bandanna dee echo isn't literally impossible, but it would involve a character whose main mode of combat is a spear barely using spear moves. Also it doesn't make sense for Bandanna Dee to echo any of Kirby's specials.
Like I said before, all of his basic attacks would be Kirby's but with a spear (i.e. longer reach). He'd have no multi-jumps.

His up special could be Kirby's with longer reach but no shockwave. His neutral special could just be one of Kirby's copy abilities (I'd vote for Marths B, but long reach). His side B could be new, a polearm throw, not sure but whatever people could think of, while his down b interpreted as well.

It would make more sense for Bandana Dee to have Peach's Parasol move as his Up+B, because Parasols are something Waddle Dees can have.

He wouldn't be able to have Inhale (no mouth) or Stone, so those would have to change, other than that it's not impossible for Waddle Dee to be a Kirby clone.

Parasol Waddle Dee even already existed in Smash Run... so... yeah.

This is true. I like this.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Because it "disrespects the character" by making him a clone. Because we all know Sakurai holds his characters dear and would never simply copy a character for the sake of time. I mean, why would they ever tarnish the well-DESERVED right to have every move be completely unique from all else on this one singular character? That's just-

:ultganondorf::ultdarksamus:

well ****

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bandanna Dee wouldn’t really be an echo at that point though if you give him animations from other Kirby games. and keep moved from other fighters.

D

Deleted member

Because it doesn't make sense to have a character that's all about fighting with a spear using punches and kicks on 99% of his moveset.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Maybe the account he made earlier was on Funnyjunk or 9GAG or something :troll:

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Meh… the leaker just said it was fake. He didn't even wait the 8 hours himself. What was the point of making such fake leak then lol. I can't say i expected anything different anyways.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Like I said before, all of his basic attacks would be Kirby's but with a spear (i.e. longer reach). He'd have no multi-jumps.

His up special could be Kirby's with longer reach but no shockwave. His neutral special could just be one of Kirby's copy abilities (I'd vote for Marths B, but long reach). His side B could be new, a polearm throw, not sure but whatever people could think of, while his down b interpreted as well.
So basically give him the exact same moves but they're not actually the exact same moves and use a spear regardless of the animation of the attack? This is Bandana Dee you're suggesting right and not a completely zany character?

Pakky

Smash Hero

The spear is what bothers me but with Corrin in the game and "Frankenstein" echoes being a thing, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom