• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to ask, who is Tetsuro Hoshino?
A Character from "Galaxy Express 999" I only add him for my alternate roster or a joke.
He's a non video game characters, ha's an anime. Fun Facts: Tetsuro and Goku are a same Japanese Voice actor! Many people wants Goku in smash, but I put Tetsuro in it instead Goku. (Just to make fun of Goku fans...) In my opinion, he's seems a unique anime character for Smash and I'm sure it's not gonna happens...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
FYI she's an assist trophy is probably one of the most vicious things Sakurai ever said to disconfirm someone.
"Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle" is quite a contender too. It's almost like Sakurai wants us to feel pain when characters are made into Assist Trophies.

The mass execution that was the April Direct Assist Trophy Montage did a number on things.

Imagine that x10.
Looked at it since I wasnt really knowledgable at that point.
Saki, Lyn, Midna, and a few others look like they would have crushed us. I think waluigi and Ashley were already revealed so I dont think they would have hurt that bad in that case lol.

I still remember seeing the pain from Takamaru and Ghirahim reveals though.

I wonder if wer're going to have someone tend a graveyard this time. . .
:061:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Please point out what I did wrong in the scenario that I haven't already said myself.

I said and owned up to the fact I've only ever focused on mini games in WarioWare and that read as ''Ashley is horrible and no moveset potential!" to you all somehow. I even said maybe I could have been more clear in that I have limited knowledge about WarioWare outside of the microgames.

So most of that ain't me wording wrong. That's inferring skills being wrong and it happens a lot around here to a lot of people. Because we all can take favorite characters way way way way way too seriously. ****. I'm most likely guilty of inferring the wrong thing about someone's post when it comes to a favorite character of mine.

Also nuh uh. I'm not ignoring aggressiveness that comes at me when I'm never aggressive until pushed. If I give you politeness and respect. I expect that **** back.
:laugh:

Like. . .jeez if we don't get PotD or a lot of directs we are ****ed.

For Smash For, Waluigi, Wonder Red, Takamaru, and a ****-ton of other characters were all disconfirmed over a long period of time. Imagine if every character in the "graveyard" are were disconfirmed at once. The amount of people and about their character not getting in combined with the people flaming those same people this site will burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. We're going to need a roster leak to keep this site from completely burning itself to the ground by spreading out the grieving period over a long period instead of just release day. . .
Nah, the droughts last time never resulted in anything overly crazy. We just have to be patient. It will come, when it comes. At least this time we have a deadline. We KNOW for a fact e3 will offer us something, that is SO much more than we were ever granted before.

I still only feel like ten newcomers is the most likely amount for this game, maybe twelve if we’re luck. I also expect either Ice Climbers to return by themselves or Wolf and Ice Climbers together, I have a feeling Wolf did well in the Ballot though since Sakurai did mention that the ranking included characters from previous games, so it’s possible.
I am really feeling ten myself, only if they update the veterans in a relevant capacity. Otherwise, I have a feeling we are going deep with DLC.

For Sakurai it was just a fun trailer about the content of the game, for speculators it was a massacre.
Unpopular opinion: They did not "de-confirm" anyone that was vaguely likely.

D

Deleted member

You're avatar does have two mounted shoulder cannons.

Walking into a party with those could give the wrong impression. An aggressive impression.
I think my very existence would be a wrong impression.
A giant robot lizard which is basically a living weapon isn't exactly what you'd want at a party. :p

FYI she's an assist trophy is probably one of the most vicious things Sakurai ever said to disconfirm someone.
I can do you one better:

"Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

sadwaa.png

That's enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Looked at it since I wasnt really knowledgable at that point.
Saki, Lyn, Midna, and a few others look like they would have crushed us. I think waluigi and Ashley were already revealed so I dont think they would have hurt that bad in that case lol.

I still remember seeing the pain from Takamaru and Ghirahim reveals though.

I wonder if wer're going to have someone tend a graveyard this time. . .
The Assist Trophy Graveyard

Coming soon to a theater near you.

But I looked it up myself, and I forgot just how many characters were deconfirmed in one fell swoop, just like that. God, it was brutal.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Fair point. Waluigi was pretty savage as well.

And now I'm morbidly curious why Morbi is laughing.

But I have a feeling it's probably not something I want to know about.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
A Character from "Galaxy Express 999" I only add him for my alternate roster or a joke.
He's a non video game characters, ha's an anime. Fun Facts: Tetsuro and Goku are a same Japanese Voice actor! Many people wants Goku in smash, but I put Tetsuro in it instead Goku. (Just to make fun of Goku fans...) In my opinion, he's seems a unique anime character for Smash and I'm sure it's not gonna happens...
Fun fact: the movie version (not anime) of Galaxy Express 999 was one of the inspirations for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

So...basically Tetsuro Hoshino = Rex

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm a little concerned about balance.

Ashley could turn everyone into a frog, but Greninja is already a frog; shutting down one special attack from the start.
Not that we haven't experienced that before... *looks at Ness trying to recover against Rosalina*

****, I forgot all about the deconfirmation period. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I saw that Pic of the Day with Ashley, and then that single Sakurai comment that ruined it all.

O U C H don't remind me :sadeyes:

Morbi

Scavenger
That's enough.
No offense, fam, but I can use an emoji if I want. It has nothing to do with you. :laugh:

What if Gardevoir and Gallade were a tag team character?
That would be sick. I am not into tag-team characters as much, it has to make sense and elevate both of them, and in this case, I suppose it does that. Still not sure if it is enough per se, but it is still better than either individual.

Fair point. Waluigi was pretty savage as well.

And now I'm morbidly curious why Morbi is laughing.

But I have a feeling it's probably not something I want to know about.
It is going to be awkward if he makes it as playable. Apparently trying hard DOES make the difference.
Assist Trophy Graveyard? That's bs. At least they made it in the game.
Exactly. Some people whine far too much.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Giraham’s reveal was devastating for a lot of people as he was highly requested and highly speculated as a new Zelda character, a lot of people were sad.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wonder how the internet would react if Yu Narukami from Persona 4 was announced for the game?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So when it comes to amiibos, do you guys feel they will make a new line for the new Smash characters, or will they keep all the old ones and just add those who are newcomers?

Honestly, I'm scared for my wallet at this point

I wonder how the internet would react if Yu Narukami from Persona 4 was announced for the game?
Or Joker/Mogana from Persona 5

the internet would explode

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hey has anyone noticed that the main character of the first Mother/Earthbound game is still absent?
You know who would be better to represent the first Mother game?
How about the main antagonist of the series as a whole, who may have not been present in Mother 3, but still influenced the events from previous games.

That character is Giygas/ Giegue....

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So when it comes to amiibos, do you guys feel they will make a new line for the new Smash characters, or will they keep all the old ones and just add those who are newcomers?

Joker/Morgana would be so cool. I'm in the middle of Persona 5 right now, and it's hard to put it down.

Morbi

Scavenger
Giraham’s reveal was devastating for a lot of people as he was highly requested and highly speculated as a new Zelda character, a lot of people were sad.
I was one of the people who wanted him; however, I never seriously expected him. Especially not when they stuck with Twilight Princess designs, and, I do not recall, but I do not believe the Midna fans were as devastated. I guess they have been there and done that.

"Why not the one that looks like Harry Potter?"

They almost have to make new ones because the renders are going to be different and we have no idea what they might add as amiibo functionality.

Morbi

Scavenger
Thinking of ghirahim reminded me of the trophy theory. I wish I was not reminded of the trophy theory

"We were wrong about ghirahim so they MUST have been hinting at Impa" is still my favrotie asspull ever.

"where's Joker"
Ha ha ha... I totally fell for that one. I wanted Ridley so badly and knew Lucina was in the game so the rest just conveniently fit. :smash:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Seems like this will happen again if we don’t get BOTW characters.
Hopefully the other LoZ fans haven't forgotten how rough it felt in Smash 4 so they don't get their hopes up too high for this game. I'm sure there will be plenty of upset people, though, myself included to a much more minor extent.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Dumb question but was the original Japanese version of Sakurai's comment on Waluigi any softer in tone than the (translated?) one we got in English?
What if Gardevoir and Gallade were a tag team character?
I think the speculation community would explode because mostly everyone would be completely blindsided by a non-Gen 7/8 pokemon appearing.

StormC

Smash Hero
More than anything I just wish Ghirahim appeared in Zelda again. He was such a fun character and the perfect contrast to Ganondorf. Now we’re stuck with compelling villains like... Blight Ganon.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Joker/Morgana would be so cool. I'm in the middle of Persona 5 right now, and it's hard to put it down.
Indeed. Persona 5 just hit my Top 10 games of all time.

Obviously the Final Smash is an All-Out attack. Would be interesting to see if they will stick to adding Joker/Morgan, Ryuji, and Ann or will they add the others to mix it up?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In before Zelda's redesigned for BoTW and de-confirms all the champions in one blow by either taking their abilities that Link uses or Phantom Slash literally becomes her summoning one of the Champions to protect her.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hopefully the other LoZ fans haven't forgotten how rough it felt in Smash 4 so they don't get their hopes up too high for this game. I'm sure there will be plenty of upset people, though, myself included to a much more minor extent.
I am not even going to be upset about no Breath of the Wild character, I am just going to be upset if the franchise is neglected for the third time in the character department. I do not really count the downgrade that was Toon Link replacing Young Link as a new roster addition.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dumb question but was the original Japanese version of Sakurai's comment on Waluigi any softer in tone than the (translated?) one we got in English?

I think the speculation community would explode because mostly everyone would be completely blindsided by a non-Gen 7/8 pokemon appearing.
It could’ve been, I do know there was a few mistranslations (I think Shulk’s Miiverse post was mistranslated)

UserKev

Smash Champion
Exactly. Some people whine far too much.
People don't realize the benefit behind Assist Trophies. Its adding interesting dynamics to Smash because some characters, will transfer into Smash through the same aid.

I'll even assume Assist Trophies are carefully selected just as the literal roster.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Indeed. Persona 5 just hit my Top 10 games of all time.

Obviously the Final Smash is an All-Out attack. Would be interesting to see if they will stick to adding Joker/Morgan, Ryuji, and Ann or will they add the others to mix it up?
Personally I'd hope for them to stick to those 4. As far as which one is playable, I'd hope for Joker, obviously, since he's the main character.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Screw the Year of Luigi, this is the Millennia of Persona 4!
PERSONA 4 WILL N E V E R E N D.

Also, I'd be really happy, personally.

I think the line "Just because you try hard" was meant to be interpreted differently than most people did interpret it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Assist Trophy Graveyard? That's bs. At least they made it in the game.
Typically when people say they want a character in Smash, they want them to be playable.

It's a dichotomy. They're playable or they're not. Being an Assist Trophy isn't nearly comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom