• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Personally I don't need any other third party character, I was satisfied with Sonic actually. But Bomberman and Rayman/Rabbid would be nice due to both fitting perfectly and cause Ubisoft definetely deserves a character more than any other third party developer in my eyes. But before Bomberman, Konami needs to get Snake back in.

What you guys think about a Pokemon newcomer? Since Sun/Moon get expanded and it's not safe that there will be new Pokemon in the Switch entry, and the possibility with Smash announced next year, there could be no new pokemon material for Smash. And I don't find it likely they'd use one of the older generations or a second from another generation than Gen 1 due to its popularity. I could totally see the Pokemon Trainer being its own character without using Pokemon. He could use his bike, his fishing rod etc. Would make sense in my eyes and would be pretty cool.

Luminario

Smash Lord
What you guys think about a Pokemon newcomer? Since Sun/Moon get expanded and it's not safe that there will be new Pokemon in the Switch entry, and the possibility with Smash announced next year, there could be no new pokemon material for Smash. And I don't find it likely they'd use one of the older generations or a second from another generation than Gen 1 due to its popularity. I could totally see the Pokemon Trainer being its own character without using Pokemon. He could use his bike, his fishing rod etc. Would make sense in my eyes and would be pretty cool.
I can't really see a Pokemon Trainer fighting by themselves. If a human Pokemon character is ever going to be playable my money is on a Pokemon Ranger type character that uses the yoyo thingy and helper Pokemon to fight.
A Gen 7 Pokemon is pretty much a lock for the next Smash. The usual candidates are still in the running: Lycanroc, Decidueye, and Mimikyu (and maybe Incineroar and Marshadow).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Rayman bores me to no end. It's to the point that I'd honestly prefer the Rabbids getting in over him.
Well, they're definitely up there as notable characters now. I prefer them as Mii costumes due to them being excellent at mimicking others.

That said, I'd be fine with either of them as characters if they're fun and interesting to play as. I honestly like them both.

As for a Trainer fighting, the problem is that it gives the idea that they don't train Pokemon to battle like the game implies is the proper way to do it. In fact, it's often considered a bad thing to attack a Trainer, or a Trainer fighting without Pokemon. That's an issue that would be taken into account.

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity...are there any realistic third-parties characters you guys are hoping DON'T get into the next Smash Bros? (inb4 everyone replies Steve from Minecraft XD)
None off the top of my head. Honestly, I can't think of many characters in general I'd be disappointed with.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Out of curiosity...are there any realistic third-parties characters you guys are hoping DON'T get into the next Smash Bros? (inb4 everyone replies Steve from Minecraft XD)
Monster Hunter would be pretty lame from Capcom when they've got more interesting and exciting options like Phoenix Wright and Dante.

Heihachi is boring compared to Jin and Kazuya. Besides Soul Calibur > Tekken so Nightmare is my want.

Since Sun/Moon get expanded
They could just stick with a Gen 7 Pokemon then.

it's not safe that there will be new Pokemon in the Switch entry
New Console, New Generation is the general rule of thumb
Black and White 2 were still DS titles despite the 3ds being out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Third parties we aren't too excited about?

Don't kill me.

Banjo and Kazooie....

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I suppose my opinion on Geno has taken quite the fall over the years too to be honest. Lightning would be lame as well but that's because of her pretty much being forced down FF fans' throats.

Don't kill me.

Banjo and Kazooie....

I don't particularly care for them either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's really nice, I just hope the 3DS XL you ordered is a New 3DS XL and not a regular (otherwise you won't be able to play it). :$
Oh I really have no idea... ****.

Might've just spend an extra 100 euros on a 3DS XL where I could've got a used 2DS for just 50 euros!

Guess this is what I get from impulse buyings cause of an extreme nostalgic feeling of old gaming memories :facepalm::facepalm:

Don't kill me.

Banjo and Kazooie....
Literally the ONLY prospect to make me feel excited about the upcoming third party bombshell.

WAY TO GO SWAMPY! Develop some damn taste. :facepalm::glare:

I myself haven't even finished Banjo-Kazooie shamefully, and I likely won't cause of a seriously jammed N64 controller situation. Also I never played Conker's Bad Fur Day neither Banjo-Tooie or even Jet Force Gemini.

>tfw not a good Rare customer / fan :urg:

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Wait what? You think some random Robot Masters have more of a chance of being a playable character than Proto Man and Bass?
I don't personally think it's super likely, but it isn't currently ruled out. I can agree on Final Fantasy, Sonic, Mega Man, and Street Fighter being likely candidates for a guest franchise getting a second character.

As of who it can be is a different question altogether. We do have some candidates for the possible 2nd character label. Granted it is not all them I'll list.

Sonic: Dr. Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Metal Sonic

Final Fantasy: Other FF7 characters, Terra of FF6, Bartz of FF5, Tidus of FF10, and much more.

Street Fighter: Chun Li, Dictator (M. Bison to my fellow Americans, and Vega for the Japanese), and possibly the clone characters Akuma, Evil Ryu, and Ken Masters.

Mega Man: Zero of Mega Man X, some of the Robot Masters, Dr. Wily, and Sigma

Not all of them are going to be likely or even wanted, but those are some candidates that could appear. As for Final Fantasy, I'd personally like Cloud to either stand alone or come with a Final Fantasy character from a different game like Bartz, Tidus, Terra, or even Cecil Harvey.

I agree with you here, but not completely. It could freshen the existing characters and possibly add more to newcomers.
I don't think so, @Muteki Gwen . I don't think I listed all characters for candidates and I believe I said not all of them are going to be likely or wanted. I didn't list Proto Man or Bass, but even I find them more likely than some random Robot Masters.

Schnee117 Schnee117 I do agree you on Lightining being rather dull and feeling forced on to fans. I would prefer Geno over Lightning.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I have some news for everyone: https://mynintendonews.com/2017/08/...ntations-will-take-place-during-gamescom-2017

Could it be the Smash Bros for Switch?
No.
The first Direct will take place on August 23rd at 2pm UK time and will focus on the stunning Super Mario Odyssey for the Nintendo Switch with a special developer talk from producer Yoshiaki Koizumi.
The second Nintendo Direct will take place on August 24th at 11am UK time with a focus on the upcoming Metroid: Samus Returns for the Nintendo 3DS and Producer Yoshio Sakamoto and José Luis Márquez, creative director of developer Mercury Steam, will be in attendance to talk all things Metroid on 3DS.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Nevermind...
I just wonder what will be the Sakurai's next moves in 2017 and 2018.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but Sakurai's job is getting stressing these days and there's possibility for him to retiring.

Perhaps, i believe he will end your career and nintendo will replace him to make the Super Smash Bros for Switch.
There's something better than Sakurai?

Someone related to Kirby franchise? Sakurai somehow is involved in the Kirby games until Amazing Mirror (correct me if i'm wrong).

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To answer Swampy's question, who's answer of this same question send a repulsive horror into my soul... Here's some third party characters I don't care about that have a strong chance of getting in:

Just about everyone :awesome::awesome::awesome:
I have some news for everyone: https://mynintendonews.com/2017/08/...ntations-will-take-place-during-gamescom-2017

Could they reveal the Smash Bros for Switch?
OF COURSE NOT!

I predict it'll mainly focus on Mario Odessey and the other big cash cow title that just popped up.

I seriously doubt they would reveal Smash for Switch just randomly like that.

Besides, I do want Odessey to get some more attention.

Why?

Donkey Kong Country street name signs :4dk::4diddy:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It depends on multiple factors.

-Whether it's an upgraded port/"definitive version" of Smash 4 or a true new game.
-When it started development and when roster decisions had been made (because Smash being announced next year doesn't mean we can't still get a 7th Gen Pokémon; the decision to include one could had been made long before then)
-Whether or not GameFreak/The Pokémon Company/etc. has anything new to show the Smash team that isn't public knowledge.

And that's just to determine which Gen a hypothetical newcomer would be from. Which specific Pokémon it'd be has even more factors to consider to where it's a source of debate.
In your scenario where the Switch game next year doesn't offer any new Pokémon and there is no "8th Gen" approaching, then by default, a 7th Gen Pokémon would be the most likely.

Anything post-Smash 4 is fair game, even if it isn't absolutely brand-spanking new and fresh off the grill.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It depends on multiple factors.

-Whether it's an upgraded port/"definitive version" of Smash 4 or a true new game.
-When it started development and when roster decisions had been made (because Smash being announced next year doesn't mean we can't still get a 7th Gen Pokémon; the decision to include one could had been made long before then)
-Whether or not GameFreak/The Pokémon Company/etc. has anything new to show the Smash team that isn't public knowledge.

And that's just to determine which Gen a hypothetical newcomer would be from. Which specific Pokémon it'd be has even more factors to consider to where it's a source of debate.
In your scenario where the Switch game next year doesn't offer any new Pokémon and there is no "8th Gen" approaching, then by default, a 7th Gen Pokémon would be the most likely.

Anything post-Smash 4 is fair game, even if it isn't absolutely brand-spanking new and fresh off the grill.
What was the break between X/Y and Sun/Moon? I think the next gen would come after that same gap as I don't really see them making the brand new Gen a Switch game from the get go. I'd imagine they'd test the waters with a remake before.

By this point I would expect the next Smash game to be brand new. Then again, I'm not going to rule out an upgraded port considering it seems like there's a new port of a Wii U game every couple of months.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What was the break between X/Y and Sun/Moon? I think the next gen would come after that same gap as I don't really see them making the brand new Gen a Switch game from the get go. I'd imagine they'd test the waters with a remake before.
If you're talking by release dates, 3 years.

If Smash Switch starts development closer to the tail end of those three years, assuming the next Gen is in development and will release within a year, then we're more likely to see a next Gen Pokémon.

If Smash Switch starts development closer to the earlier point in the gap, a Sun/Moon Pokémon is more likely.

By this point I would expect the next Smash game to be brand new. Then again, I'm not going to rule out an upgraded port considering it seems like there's a new port of a Wii U game every couple of months.
From my perspective:

Upgraded Port = Gen 7 Pokémon
New Game = Gen 8 Pokémon

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you're talking by release dates, 3 years.

If Smash Switch starts development closer to the tail end of those three years, assuming the next Gen is in development and will release within a year, then we're more likely to see a next Gen Pokémon.

If Smash Switch starts development closer to the earlier point in the gap, a Sun/Moon Pokémon is more likely.

From my perspective:

Upgraded Port = Gen 7 Pokémon
New Game = Gen 8 Pokémon
All we got for reference is the fact that DLC development ended early last year. If development picked up shortly, or directly, after, and Smash development usually takes 2ish years, then it would be likely the game that would launch next year would be brand new. I feel it's unlikely for the game to release next year as Smash games traditionally have about a year in the public's eyes before release which would put the release in 2019.

I'm saying that I figure a Gen 7 is far more likely than a Gen 8 though a Gen 8 might not be entirely out of the question if development only picked up this year. But that would also mean that the game would release in 2020. Smash games traditionally release within 2 holidays of a consoles launch. With Melee literal months, Brawl 1 year+, and Wii U 2 years. 64 is the only outlier and maybe 3DS with it's 3 years.

Well I guess a 2017 start date could still mean the game would release in 2019. Maybe? Who knows?

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Well you said one. Rabbids are another. Sephiroth and Lightning as well. Any indie aside from Shovel Knight/Shantae. Probably a few more I can't think of off the top of my head.

D

Deleted member

All we got for reference is the fact that DLC development ended early last year. If development picked up shortly, or directly, after, and Smash development usually takes 2ish years, then it would be likely the game that would launch next year would be brand new. I feel it's unlikely for the game to release next year as Smash games traditionally have about a year in the public's eyes before release which would put the release in 2019.

I'm saying that I figure a Gen 7 is far more likely than a Gen 8 though a Gen 8 might not be entirely out of the question if development only picked up this year. But that would also mean that the game would release in 2020. Smash games traditionally release within 2 holidays of a consoles launch. With Melee literal months, Brawl 1 year+, and Wii U 2 years. 64 is the only outlier and maybe 3DS with it's 3 years. Who knows?
There is no way a brand new Smash would start development as soon as DLC was done for Wii U/3DS... 0_o
I could maybe buy development starting at some point this year or next year, but at the same time it feels way too early for a brand new release.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There is no way a brand new Smash would start development as soon as DLC was done for Wii U/3DS... 0_o
I could maybe buy development starting at some point this year or next year, but at the same time it feels way too early for a brand new release.
Well it's possible. That is, assuming Sakurai isn't the one directing this game since his next project has been all but confirmed as something other than Smash. Otherwise, you're right, there's no way it could start development till after the release of his current project.

But if it is to be developed by the same team at Namco it could very well have started development late last year or early this year. And yeah it may feel early but in reality by the time it releases in 2019 it would have been 5 years since the release of Smash Wii U, still early considering the fact between Melee and Brawl, and Brawl and Wii U, both were roughly six years apart.

It's definitely a possibility. It's just a matter of the director.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I did order a New 3DS XL after all. Might be playing some Xenoblade soon after all! Probably getting Uprising and DKCR as soon as I can as well...

I also agree with the post above because it makes sense.

WB97

Smash Rookie
I myself am extremely lax about third-party characters, just as long as each addition is unique and amount-wise it doesn't get to the point they are overtaking the roster. (And I do not feel we have hit that point with Smash 4's roster considering there's 52 Nintendo characters on it compared to 6 third-parties)

I actually think a lot of third-party candidates are subject to unfair treatment if I am being honest. Like when people try to use lack of Nintendo relevance against candidates when the one character that would've most certainly stopped managed to make the roster, for example.

It's like Sakurai himself said. "I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves."

Last edited:

FUNT1MER

Smash Cadet
I have wanted Conker for years and I'm just forever waiting and hoping for something that may never come. But he would be hilarious in smash tbh. Kinda similar to what meowth would be, but not really. Would Banjo get in first absolutely... but please he's from one of the greatest games ever made !!! Yet somehow Microsoft %^%^#% it all up, somehow even worse than banjo.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd kill for any RareWare representation. They're a big part of my childhood with Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Donkey Kong Country and 64, and, of course, Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. It's doubtful it'll ever happen but, who knows, this point in time is probably the best terms Nintendo and Microsoft have ever been on.

FUNT1MER

Smash Cadet
I'd kill for any RareWare representation. They're a big part of my childhood with Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Donkey Kong Country and 64, and, of course, Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. It's doubtful it'll ever happen but, who knows, this point in time is probably the best terms Nintendo and Microsoft have ever been on.
Yeah I agree especially with cross console play on the horizon with mine craft except with PlayStation because there *****.

D

Deleted member

Well it's possible. That is, assuming Sakurai isn't the one directing this game since his next project has been all but confirmed as something other than Smash. Otherwise, you're right, there's no way it could start development till after the release of his current project.

But if it is to be developed by the same team at Namco it could very well have started development late last year or early this year. And yeah it may feel early but in reality by the time it releases in 2019 it would have been 5 years since the release of Smash Wii U, still early considering the fact between Melee and Brawl, and Brawl and Wii U, both were roughly six years apart.

It's definitely a possibility. It's just a matter of the director.
Melee and Brawl didn't have post-release support/development, though. That makes all the difference.

Had Smash not have had DLC to begin with, then it wouldn't be too early at this point for a new game to at least be in the planning stages. But as it is, Smash 4 basically "finished" just last year with the final DLC and balance patch.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Melee and Brawl didn't have post-release support/development, though. That makes all the difference.

Had Smash not have had DLC to begin with, then it wouldn't be too early at this point for a new game to at least be in the planning stages. But as it is, Smash 4 basically "finished" just last year with the final DLC and balance patch.
I get what your saying but that doesn't mean that they can't start development shortly after DLC. Companies do it all the time.

And I doubt Nintendo would want to wait 4+ years before getting Smash out on Switch considering how much the games sell consoles.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The DLC team was also separated from the original team.

So it's possible another team could've been working on a port very early on, even before DLC finished. We really don't know.

Sakurai may not even be involved this time. I'm guessing he is, but we have zero information to imply he is too. We've got one rumor, and that's Bandai-Namco is making it. You know, it's possible they were working on it while the DLC team was working on, well, DLC. Likely? I'd say no. Possible, sure.

I am pretty much agreeing with Golden, but I'm just pointing out how complicated and unknown the full situation is.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I voted "unlikely" for a Sega newcomer. I think it's unlikely but at the same time we have both Sonic and Bayonetta, so how surprising would a third newcomer from Sega really be?

Not any more surprising than Cloud being in the game at least.

My personal "holy trinity" of 3rd party newcomers would have to be Phoenix Wright, Banjo & Kazooie and Bomberman. If we were to get those guys I'd be super happy.

As for third parties I wouldn't be that excited about.....probably Shovel Knight to be honest. Also I've seen people suggest Lara Croft and while it would certainly cause a stir I just feel really lukewarm about the idea of her being in Smash.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Pre-E3 2014, I didn't want Pac-Man anywhere near my Smash due to my huge Lloyd Irving bias.

Now I'd say Geno or Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can't think of many third party characters that I don't want, at least as far as noteworthy ones who have been on Nintendo systems go. I'm not familiar with Shantae's games, and I'd prefer Shovel Knight or Yooka-Laylee if we did get an indie character, but I'd still be fine with her inclusion.

The only big one that comes to mind for me would be Monster Hunter, since it seems like a moveset for that character would be quite generic (though I haven't played a whole lot of Monster Hunter - I tried getting into Tri on the Wii, and the game just seemed incredibly frustrating for me), and Capcom has so many better options (Phoenix Wright, Dante, Morrigan, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Mike Haggar, etc.) on top of already having two characters in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I get what your saying but that doesn't mean that they can't start development shortly after DLC. Companies do it all the time.

And I doubt Nintendo would want to wait 4+ years before getting Smash out on Switch considering how much the games sell consoles.
That's entirely why I believe the port idea is most likely.

Because it's too early to be thinking about a brand new project when the "complete" Smash 4 is still fresh, but not having a Smash on the Switch at all doesn't seem reasonable.

That would imply Steve is a realistic option :p

Can't really think of anyone off the top of my head that is both realistic and someone I would be against.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Pre-E3 2014, I didn't want Pac-Man anywhere near my Smash due to my huge Lloyd Irving bias.

Now I'd say Geno or Banjo-Kazooie.
Curious to hear that your against Banjo. Is it because of Microsoft's ownership?

I'd not be against any 3rd party inclusion besides maybe say Lara Croft or Master Chief or maybe Steve as unlikely as that is.

That's entirely why I believe the port idea is most likely.

Because it's too early to be thinking about a brand new project when the "complete" Smash 4 is still fresh, but not having a Smash on the Switch at all doesn't seem reasonable.
Honestly, I think either is likely and I'd be up for either but Smash 4 DX better have some damn good new stuff in it if that ends up being the case. Like at least give me Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake, a couple new characters, a couple of new stages, and promise of future DLC and I'm completely sold. He'll, I'd be sold by Snake returning if I'm being honest.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have wanted Conker for years and I'm just forever waiting and hoping for something that may never come. But he would be hilarious in smash tbh. Kinda similar to what meowth would be, but not really. Would Banjo get in first absolutely... but please he's from one of the greatest games ever made !!! Yet somehow Microsoft %^%^#% it all up, somehow even worse than banjo.
Not only Microsoft's fault. Cause the Rare team that's left is just a remnant of the old Rare which produced the Nintendo games. It's a new direction for Conker, and while I dislike it too, it's understandable they went with this approach. I mean, the old team handling Conker is long gone mostly. Think some of them went to Playtonic, but anyway, new team = new approach. I doubt they would've been succesful with the old formula...

It's just a damn shame that other one Conker appearance was cancelled, from that one super big 'Make Your Own MMO' type of game (forgot the name). If Conker did appear on that, his standing as Microsoft / Rare mascot would've been MUCH stronger.

Guess Conker can be based on his N64 and even Gameboy Color appearances. A mix of semi-vulgar and yet cartoony playstyle. Yet am not too sure how marketable the idea is, given Conker as a franchise / gaming series is mostly dead...

With Banjo-Kazooie am far more confident they would make them according to their first game. It's just too iconic not to. Yet, am not all too confident with characters from the N64 or GBA era. They are not recent enough neither extremely popular (Banjo far more than most however) and they and lack the retro status. Maybe in the next Smash after Smash Switch they could be considered retro, but even then I think the preference would go to the NES era of gaming.

Unless there's a massive third party blowout in the next Smash, am not expecting any Rare characters unfortunately. And I really don't want that to happen.

As with third party characters and which I do not want in? I don't want most of them in honestly, even if I've grown quite fond of the current cast of third parties.. I don't want them to expand much further. Only ones I'd like to see are Snake, Banjo-Kazooie (or any Rare character) and I guess Knuckles is okay. Or Tails. Any other Sonic character is a repulsive idea you should feel bad about wanting it in Smash Bros.

Oh yeah Amaterasu is also cool. Okami was an awesome game.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Normally I would say there aren't any third-party characters with a realistic chance that I don't want, but for some reason the idea of Shantae or Shovel Knight getting in (or both) kind of rubs me the wrong way. Not entirely sure why. I don't really dislike either of them.

I guess if I really had to name anyone else, it'd be Chrono from Chrono Trigger. I have nothing against the game or the character- I just don't like Toriyama's art style at all.

I know that might offend some people, but the only third-party character I want in Smash so badly is Banjo-Kazooie, and I've seen some people mention they don't want to see those two get in, so I guess fair's fair.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shantae and Shovel Knight actually stand out to me a lot. Since the speculation days and seeing people post about them a lot, I've warmed up to them a great deal. Wouldn't mind either getting in actualy.

Am being such a conformist sell out here.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd be more comfortable with Shantae than Shovel Knight to be honest. Shantae is the original indie character that got her start back on the GameBoy Color if I recall. She's got this kind of legacy icon status that separates her from the rest of the indie crowd. Shovel Knight is from 1 singular good game who's hype has honestly died out relatively fast. I'd be ok with Shovel Knight but I'm completely down for Shantae.

D

Deleted member

I guess if we're considering Banjo to be "realistic", I'd say he'd be the one 3rd Party I can think of that I don't really want.

Nothing really against him personally, but I don't wear the same nostalgia goggles as others since I didn't grow up with an N64, and Rare being owned by Microsoft rubs me the wrong way about the idea of him being in Smash.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow, kind of a long stretch pal. I just find the character unappealing
Er, sorry... about that?

So, here's a thought. What game companies that currently don't have a character in Smash is deserving of one in you guys' opinion? What character would you want to be added?

I'd go with Tecmo Koei in Ryu Hayabusa. They've been helping out Nintendo with a lot of games with Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors and even have joint ownership with them on Fatal Frame. Hayabusa's games also started out on Nintendo consoles AND Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge was a launch title with time exclusivity on the Wii U, plus that Ninja Gaiden DS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom