• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
is it really unlikely that xenoblade could get 2 more characters instead of one?
If they treat the series the same as Fire Emblem, I would argue that it is actually likely we could see 2 characters. That being said, personally, I would hope that they just used one as DLC to lessen the blow to non-Xenoblade fans, which is a lot of ****ing people. But, again, Fire Emblem happened. With such a lackluster roster selection outside of third-party characters and characters intentionally passed by last time, it would be in their best interest not to do that. People will complain regardless, but we are talking mild complaints versus full on baby rage.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It should also be noted that Funky & Dixie have the benefit in appearing in more Mario spin off games than other Donkey Kong characters have.
I don't think appearing in Mario spin-offs would be something Sakurai would look at when picking a Donkey Kong rep.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Really? I knew Mega Man X and Mega Man EXE were REALLY popular for those polls, but I didn't know Harp Note was that high. I do remember Classic Mega Man and Sigma doing pretty well though.

Honestly, just give me Nintendo vs Capcom. I think Capcom's roster of characters is the only one that rivals Nintendo's.

Yeah, that's gonna suck since some people like rubbing it in people's faces. Which is just kind of ****ty.
Gotta rephrase a few things because that was from memory. It wasn't an official poll, but it was a Japanese poll with over 35,000 votes. Harp Note placed 8, interestingly Bass.EXE was also up there.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jan/26/character-dlc-poll-results-umvc3-japan/

So her popularity may be a bit exaggerated. But I digress.

StormC

Smash Hero
Geo Stelar is my favorite Mega Man, so no offense to Harp Note fans, but he would be the way better choice for me.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think appearing in Mario spin-offs would be something Sakurai would look at when picking a Donkey Kong rep.
Not necessarily; however, he would definitely note that they appear more often which helps them maintain relevance and prominence, they are already accepted in minor cross-over events which helps when referring to a ****ing cross-over game. And overall, the more games you appear in, the more fans you have. If I never played a major Donkey Kong game with Dixie, which I had not up until Tropical Freeze, I would still know her from Mario, which I did.

So, to that end, sure, I doubt that is a be all, end all, criteria. It definitely helps though, it separates them from other Donkey Kong exclusive characters, such as Chunky.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Geo Stelar is my favorite Mega Man, so no offense to Harp Note fans, but he would be the way better choice for me.
Oh no doubt he would be the one if we were to somehow get a Starforce character by some miracle. He's the main character, after all. I love Geo.

No way in hell we'll get a Starforce character before another Classic, X, Zero or EXE character though, and even the chance of that happening are beyond slim.

Again, I'm just talking purely my own monkey's paw wish and MvC.

StormC

Smash Hero
I was just happy to see Geo in Mega Man’s Final Smash and for him to get a trophy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would anyone care to critique my roster?

Newcomers: Captain Toad, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong (clone), Sheriff/Mr. Jack, Takamaru, Sylux, Bandana Dee, Decidueye, Isabelle, Alph (clone), Elma, Inkling, Bomberman, Rayman, Steve (13 plus 2 clones)
Returning: Ice Climbers, Wolf (2)

Captain Toad: A fairly popular and extremely recognizable character who has appeared in all of the last three mainline Mario games. Not only that, he's the star of his own game now, which is set to appear on not one, but three Nintendo consoles. He is the newcomer I'm most confident in predicting. (Certainty High)

Dixie Kong: A popular character from a popular franchise that everyone seems to want a newcomer for. Given Tropical Freeze's re-release on the Switch, I think it's fair to say that I expect her. (Certainty High)

Funky Kong: Hear me out. Every game has had clones, and I don't expect that to change with Smash Switch. Given Funky Kong's newest appearance as one of Tropical Freeze's five playable characters, he might just be in the perfect scenario to be considered for the last-minute clone treatment. I could see him being a less grab-oriented DK with better aerial movement and silly Luigi-esque hitboxes. (Certainty Low)

Sheriff: Each game since Melee has included one throwback "retro" character (Ice Climbers, Pit, Little Mac) and one character that highlights something about Nintendo's history (Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt). If this pattern continues, Sheriff is a perfectly reasonable option, being Nintendo's first original video game character (and the first of Miyamoto's characters), and an ideal representative for Nintendo's arcade and toy history. If he were to make it in, I imagine he would look more like the cabinet artwork. As a character, I imagine him being an amalgam of Old Western tropes, representing the genre as a whole, alongside references to Nintendo's light gun toys and games (Kôsenjû), like the Jumping Bottle, the Custom Gunman and Custom Lion, Electro Poker, and Electro Roulette. While I'm relatively certain that we're getting a historical character, I have no idea if Sheriff will be the one chosen or if they'll go with something else, like Daitoryo, who I've rallied for in the past. (Certainty Low)

Takamaru: Ever since his appearance as an assist trophy, we've been keeping an eye on Takamaru for this next game. Given that his game was released overseas (finally), and given that Hideki Kamiya has acknowledged that he would be interested in working with the Murasame Castle franchise, I could see Sakurai picking him. That said, he's not the only contender for a retro spot, and we're not guaranteed a retro in the first place. (Certainty Moderate)

Sylux: The Metroid series is seeing a significant amount of attention, and Sylux is the villain candidate who seems most probable given Sakurai's stance on Ridley. I fully expect Sylux to play a significant role in Metroid Prime 4, and it seems to be the perfect chance for the character. That said, he hasn't had a huge role yet, and it could be a bit too early for him. Further, a Metroid character, while a popular choice, is not a guarantee, and there's always the possibility of Sakurai coming back to Ridley again. (Certainty Moderate)

Bandana Dee: The Kirby series has done very well recently, and Bandana Dee has been very consistently appeared as the fourth playable character or in support roles. And remember, the Kirby series has had a main series release every year since 2014. He has very little going against him. If he's not in, it's because the Kirby series isn't getting a newcomer for some reason. (Certainty High)

Decidueye: Admittedly something of a placeholder, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this very popular starter in the next Smash. A flying grass-type archer, it has plenty of moveset potential, and it's been the poster boy of this gen. That said, it has a lot of competition from within its own series, and it could be passed over in favor of a newer Pokemon. (Certainty Moderate)

Isabelle: A very, very popular character from a well-selling franchise...however, I'm not sure if Sakurai considers her a proper fighter. I could see her being another clone, a semi-clone, or an entirely unique character. Regardless, I think a new Animal Crossing character makes a lot of sense, even if it's a choice I'm less confident in. (Certainty Moderately Low)

Alph: An off-the-wall pick from me, but I could very easily see Sakurai revisiting the idea of making Alph a clone who uses shield-breaking Rock Pikmin. And, again, clones don't take much development time, and I expect us to have a couple. (Certainty Low)

Elma: A unique, popular character from one of Nintendo's newest series, I could definitely see Elma making it into the next Smash Bros. Her game is likely to receive both a sequel and a port in due time (XCX ended on a cliffhanger), and her game was one of the best received on the Wii U. That said, she faces the distinct possibility of being shafted in favor of Rex instead of being added alongside him. However, I'm leaning towards both of them being included, especially since Elma arguably represents an entirely different series from Shulk and Rex. (Certainty Moderate)

Inkling: Duh.

*Bomberman: Definitely the third party I'm least certain of on my prediction roster, but he's still undeniably iconic, popular, and requested. Given that he had a launch title on the Switch, I can see him happening. (Certainty Low)

*Rayman: While I'm not certain on him by any means, I think it goes without saying that Ubisoft has been very close to Nintendo. He's probably the most likely new third party, if you ask me. (Certainty Moderately Low)

*Steve: I've stated my case for him before; he's iconic, his game is the second best selling of all time, he's had a release on the past three Nintendo consoles, and Nintendo is willing enough to talk with Microsoft historically to let the Super Mario Mash-Up Pack happen. I think he's a slept on third-party, and I don't think I'm crazy to predict him. That being said, the character has a notable hate-base, and Minecraft isn't quite the titan it used to be. (Certainty Moderately Low)

*I'm hesitant to say who the next third party characters will be, and I expect to be wrong. My guess on how many we'll see is three, but I could be wrong on that as well.

Ice Climbers: I mean, the only reason they weren't in Sm4sh to begin with was the 3DS. (Certainty: Highest)

Wolf: Very popular, a veteran, and easy to bring back. (Certainty: High)

DLC:

Spring Man: I know, I know, let me explain why I have him as DLC. There was no way for Sakurai to know ahead of time that ARMS, or even the Switch for that matter, would be such a success. I think he has seen the demand for an ARMS character, and I think it will happen in time, but I'm leaning towards seeing him as the Mewtwo of this Smash, the first DLC character released. That said, I could be wrong, and I could see him making the base roster as well.

Rex: Same reasons as above. Rex is an extremely recent character for Sakurai's time frame. It makes sense to include him as DLC and not in the base roster.

Sora: Heresy, I know. Sora would be a bombshell of an announcement, and I genuinely think he did really, really well on the ballot. The biggest obstacle is Disney, and I feel like they'd be more willing to accept the proposition of having Sora in Smash if they get a cut of the DLC, which is why I predict him. Of course, he's not a character I'm super confident in, but I think he has a better chance than many think. That said, third parties are a toss up for me, and I acknowledge how easily I could be wrong.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem: The games aren't out yet, but a Corrin-esque scenario for these two franchises makes perfect sense to me. I'm not going to speculate about any newcomers in particular, though.
Somebody who actually mentions Sylux? Seriously though, I think it's pretty good, I guess. Or at least it is something I'd be pretty happy with seeing.

Though a part of me wants to say Spring Man might be in the base roster, or at least, I think he should be.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I was just happy to see Geo in Mega Man’s Final Smash and for him to get a trophy.
Literally screamed like a girl when he and the other Mega...men? Showed up. Starforce being acknowledged along side the other sub series a bit more is all I really want, honestly.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Somebody who actually mentions Sylux? Seriously though, I think it's pretty good, I guess. Or at least it is something I'd be pretty happy with seeing.

Though a part of me wants to say Spring Man might be in the base roster, or at least, I think he should be.
They consistently put Switch characters in the DLC section, in fact, that was all they had for DLC other than Sora (lmfao). So it is understandable.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don’t say any character is impossible but Sylux will literally never happen. Sorry.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I like this roster! I'm not going to comment on the clones, though I do think they make sense. I don't know how likely I see Sylux, Sheriff, or Bomberman, but they're not totally wild predictions.

I will say that I feel like Crash and/or Banjo will be coming to this game in one form or another. Overall you have a really solid roster!
I had Crash in my roster instead of Steve for awhile, but I'm not super confident on him. If we got four third parties, I would be extremely likely to include him. That said, I could see him getting in and not Bomberman.
This is surprisingly solid. The only things I strongly disagree with are the third parties, with the exception of Bomberman.

Funky Kong is actually listed on my roster as he and Dixie can be made from the models/source material of DK & Diddy. Funky is probably the most unique option available. He's got personality along with a surfboard and a bazooka.

Sheriff is an interesting idea for a final unlockable as he is the oldest character in the game as well as the first Nintendo character.

I don't see Sylux or Waddle Dee as likely additions, but I could see Sylux happening as a late addition like Wolf as a result of his requests and role in the next game.

I also put Takamaru in the same spot on mine as kind of a spiritual Zelda newcomer.
Could I ask why you see Rayman as unlikely? I can understand Steve and Sora, but what about Rayman?

Sylux is an admittedly off-the-wall pick from me. I just think he's more likely than Ridley, but still think Sakurai will want to include another Metroid character. Dark Samus is one I've considered as well.

My roster is actually sorted almost entirely by series debut, and Takamaru's game was made with the Zelda engine in the same year as Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus.
Uh, not sure why you want critique on your personal roster.. Everyone's gonna pick it apart solely due to personal preference.
It's not a personal want roster, actually. This is my prediction roster, ie, what I see as the most likely outcome. I'm asking for critiques based on likelihood, not want.

For example:

- Where's Waluigi?
- Sheriff is already one of Duck Hunt's moves, isn't he?
- Imo, I think Dark Samus has a better chance of being in Smash than Sylux. She has a ton of moves that could be implemented super easily, and they'd all be pretty unique.

Those are just a few things I noticed right off the bat.. I could go on, but it's your wishlist, man. Everyone's got their own.

EDIT: I will say though, it's probably close to what we'll end up getting, maybe.. So there's that.
Waluigi is actually a character I considered strongly. He's heavily requested and could easily be the representative of the Mario spinoff titles...however, I don't think he'll make it before Captain Toad, and I'm a little wary of predicting a second Mario character while also predicting two DK characters.

I considered Dark Samus as a clone, actually. The clones I can see happening are Funky, Dixie (though I expect at least a semi-clone from her), Dark Samus, Impa, Isabelle, Tom Nook, Alph, Octolings, and Ribbon Girl.
Even if Funky Kong would be an easy clone, I don’t see Sakurai putting him in over K. Rool. He knows how popular he is. He made a totally new design for his Mii costume, inspired by his retro appearance instead of his modern one seen in his trophy. That specifically shows that he’s aware that people love good old classic K. Rool.

I also think there will be a Zelda newcomer.

I don’t see why there would be both Sheriff and Takamaru as retro characters. I’d go with just Takamaru. Really not sure if Sheriff could be a full character. His simplistic assist trophy shows that.

I don’t see three third party newcomers. I think Bomberman, Rayman, and Steve all have a chance, but I would just go with Rayman and Bomberman. Third parties aren’t that obvious this time around. They could include just Rayman, or maybe even nothing at all, but I doubt more than two.
I compare it to Dr. Mario. He didn't steal a spot from any Mario characters, but was simply a bonus inclusion after the game was finished.

That said, I could see K. Rool in place of Dixie or even alongside her. I just don't think either of those is the most likely outcome.

If we get a Zelda newcomer, then who? Impa? I'd consider it, but I don't really see a strong contender in the series, and I want to add a character on their own merits, on not because of fulfilling representation quotas.

Sheriff is a historical character like Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt; Takamaru is a retro like Ice Climbers, (Brawl) Pit, and Little Mac (Sakurai treats him as a arcade/famicom character in interviews). I have no reason to believe Sakurai will suddenly stop adding historical characters this time around. Regarding Sheriff's potential, did you read what I put in my reasoning? If so, do you not think a coherent moveset can be made out of what I mentioned? If so, why?

In Smash 4, we got Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta. Even if three were DLC, Smash has been consistently including more and more third parties. How is three third parties unreasonable? (This isn't a sarcastic question, I just genuinely don't understand the reasoning.)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

If the teases in Metroid Prime 3 and Federation Force are any indication, Sylux is being made into a big bad for the Metroid series. I think he's a logical inclusion, but one that's overlooked often.

Regarding Spring Man, I excluded him based on this quote:
Director Yabuki said:
(When asked about Smash Bros. including an ARMS character)

“I think the correct reaction is to say ‘I can’t answer that!’ Another thing I’d say is that Arms is so young — it’s only a year old — that maybe it’s too early to think about that. But I think it’s absolutely fantastic that there are people out there talking about Arms characters in that way.”

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's too much potential with getting a second Mega Man. Geo could have so many moves, Swords, Axes, Drills, Million Kick, Roundhouse Kicks, Tornado Spin, Flamethrowers. On top of the usual Buster, Charge and Slide Kick/Dash they could give him.

That's not even going into his Lock-On, or Omega-Xis.

Getting a second Mega Man character isn't too likely, and if they did get another one in, it'd be the mundane choice of Zero for the 7th time. Even Mega Man X or Protoman would be more of a breath of fresh air.

Seeing Volnutt get acknowledged was absolutely stunning. Give me Legends 3, Capcom.
If they bring it back, that'd win so many people over. But it's hard to tell if Capcom likes money. Also give me DMC5.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don’t say any character is impossible but Sylux will literally never happen. Sorry.
He is actually one of the more likely characters, if you ask me. Assuming we do not get Ridley and he is the main antagonist of Prime 4, you might want to strap yourself in, homie, it is inevitable under those circumstances. Sorry to say.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If the teases in Metroid Prime 3 and Federation Force are any indication, Sylux is being made into a big bad for the Metroid series. I think he's a logical inclusion, but one that's overlooked often.

Regarding Spring Man, I excluded him based on this quote:
Oh no, I understand why you feel that way with the quote, I'm more than willing to admit that its bias because I think Spring Man/ARMS would offer an interesting playstyle I want to see implemented.

Most likely not. But he's been hinted at having a larger role for future titles. Something kind of rare for Metroid. That and I just think that Sylux is pretty cool.

StormC

Smash Hero
He is actually one of the more likely characters, if you ask me. Assuming we do not get Ridley and he is the main antagonist of Prime 4, you might want to strap yourself in, homie, it is inevitable under those circumstances. Sorry to say.
Infinite small chance Prime 4 will affect this game’s development and it’s pretty clear Sakurai has a rigorous standard for adding villains. Sylux is a nobody whose only current role is in a spin-off. Sakurai won’t add someone like him for a “Metroid rep.”

It may sound harsh, but the only reason people are banking on Sylux is they are desperate for a Metroid character and will throw whatever at the wall to see what sticks.

Morbi

Scavenger
Infinite small chance Prime 4 will affect this game’s development and it’s pretty clear Sakurai has a rigorous standard for adding villains. Sylux is a nobody whose only current role is in a spin-off. Sakurai won’t add someone like him for a “Metroid rep.”

It may sound harsh, but the only reason people are banking on Sylux is they are desperate for a Metroid character and will throw whatever at the wall to see what sticks.
As for anything Switch related, even if it dodges the main game, the DLC golden parachute is going to catch it. It does not matter, if anything, that would be a MORE noteworthy time to add Sylux as we will be much closer to Prime 4.

I definitely agree that Sakurai has an antagonist bias; however, he also added Zero-Suit because he felt Metroid needed another character, which was back in Brawl, quite a bit ago. Who knows if and when that timer starts ticking again?

Absolutely. But that is the reason why he probably will stick. Fans have never really been able to get behind anyone but Ridley and if Sakurai's incompetence affects Ridley's chances again, well, guess who everyone is going to start requesting?

Perhaps "inevitable" was a strong word. However, he definitely has a chance if Ridley falls through because he has virtually zero competition. Lesser characters have been added or considered, if you ask me.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Hunters isn't a spin off. Not saying your wrong, but he has a role directly in the Metroid series.

Sylux hasn't even shown up yet. Maybe he could be late DLC after Prime 4 releases. But base game would be really weird and honestly I would be really disappointed. Wait for Prime 4 to actually release to flesh him out more than "character that teases future games." Throwing him in right now would feel like "well I want to rep Metroid" and repping for the sake of repping is dumb as hell.

As for funky I really can't imagine him as a clone. He is generally displayed as bipedal. Him being hunched over all the time instead of upright just seems really weird to me.
:061:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Respectfully, there's no need to be so presumptuous. I have little investment in the character, and would honestly rather have Ridley.

If you read my reasoning, I acknowledge the pitfalls that Sylux has, and note that he's only a 50/50ish case for me.

Sylux: The Metroid series is seeing a significant amount of attention, and Sylux is the villain candidate who seems most probable given Sakurai's stance on Ridley. I fully expect Sylux to play a significant role in Metroid Prime 4, and it seems to be the perfect chance for the character. That said, he hasn't had a huge role yet, and it could be a bit too early for him. Further, a Metroid character, while a popular choice, is not a guarantee, and there's always the possibility of Sakurai coming back to Ridley again. (Certainty Moderate)
To go further, he might be more likely as DLC than as a base roster inclusion, I just personally think Sakurai wants to show the Metroid series some love given how upset people were when Ridley wasn't added.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, I have doubts about Sylux and any other non-Ridley Metroid character getting in Smash just because the fanbase has made it VERY clear who they want to see.

In a perfect world, people would appreciate Sylux because the pickings for a Metroid character are slim. Realistically, however, the fans will respond with something along the lines of, "Are you ****ing kidding me Sakurai!!! We supported Ridley for years and you let this complete joke of a character take his spot on the roster!?!".

Morbi

Scavenger
Sylux hasn't even shown up yet. Maybe he could be late DLC after Prime 4 releases. But base game would be really weird and honestly I would be really disappointed. Wait for Prime 4 to actually release to flesh him out more than "character that teases future games." Throwing him in right now would feel like "well I want to rep Metroid" and repping for the sake of repping is dumb as hell.

As for funky I really can't imagine him as a clone. He is generally displayed as bipedal. Him being hunched over all the time instead of upright just seems really weird to me.
To be completely fair, it is not as though this has not already happened for Greninja and Gen 6. There is absolutely a precedent, regardless of how likely it genuinely is.

And representation for the sake of representation, while "dumb as hell" is also a precedent we have for this particular series.

Like it or not, there is a chance and it is not a negligible one, either.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don’t see Sakurai adding Sylux to try to please Ridley fans. Ridley fans want Ridley. This is a “reps” argument that just doesn’t hold water for me.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don’t see Sakurai adding Sylux to try to please Ridley fans. Ridley fans want Ridley. This is a “reps” argument that just doesn’t hold water for me.
No, absolutely not, he will probably make Ridley an assist trophy or something to try and compensate to Ridley fans. This would be to appease Metroid fans.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
These are all legitimate points. I'll definitely dwell on his chances more and consider whether I think a Metroid character is happening at all. That said, I don't think Sakurai is going to revisit Ridley given his statements. I could be wrong, and I would be happy to be wrong, but I don't currently see that as the most likely outcome.

In Tropical Freeze for the Switch, he runs hunched, similarly to Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I don't think Sakurai is dumb enough to believe Sylux will appease Ridley fans, and that really goes for any character, Dixie being in the game to appease K. Rool fans is a another good example.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Look if they're going to shoot down Ridley yet again, at least try to do it as fast as possible instead of sending the fanbase into a frenzy over shadows like last time.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Look if they're going to shoot down Ridley yet again, at least try to do it as fast as possible instead of sending the fanbase into a frenzy over shadows like last time.
Hopefully Ridley gets confirmed/deconfirmed in the first big reveal they do and save this place the trouble.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
All Sylux has right now is the potential to be a major player in the Metroid series, or at least the upcoming game. Seems a little premature to stick him on the roster atm. Seems like adding a character for the sake of adding a character.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't think Sakurai is dumb enough to believe Sylux will appease Ridley fans, and that really goes for any character, Dixie being in the game to appease K. Rool fans is a another good example.
That said, we've had inclusions before that were upsetting to fans of particular characters.

Zero Suit Samus instead of Ridley or Dark Samus
Snake before Sonic
Wolf instead of Krystal
Lucario "replacing" Mewtwo
Robin instead of Chrom
Rosalina and Bowser Hr. instead of Toad or Waluigi
Duck Hunt/R.O.B. instead of X
Corrin and Roy as DLC
Greninja before Mewtwo
Wii Fit Trainer in general

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, as likely as I believe him to be this go around, just because only garbage (and a few gems) remains, if he does not appear at e3, I am just going to assume I was wrong and he is not in the game in a playable capacity unless they add some stupid boss rush nonsense.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No, absolutely not, he will probably make Ridley an assist trophy or something to try and compensate to Ridley fans. This would be to appease Metroid fans.
After making Ridley a boss character in two consecutive Smash games, there's not much more Sakurai can do to "compensate" for Ridley's absence at this point. Honestly, Ridley's status as a boss is already the next best thing to being playable.

Hopefully Ridley gets confirmed/deconfirmed in the first big reveal they do and save this place the trouble.
Ironically, a Ridley deconfirmation in the big reveal trailer would probably kill the hype for a lot of people.

I want it to end as soon as possible, but I also don't want it to ruin my enjoyment of E3.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
It’s a spin off in the same way games like Donkey Kong Land are spinoffs. It’s not a mainline Metroid Prime game or it would be numbered.
Totally correct me if I'm wrong never played a Donkey Kong game, but there is no cohesive story across the Donkey Kong games where as there is in the Metroid games, thus that isn't really a fair comparison.

Metroid has actual spin off titles, Metroid Prime Pinball, and hell even Federation Force is more a spin off than Hunters.

Also wanna totally agree with everyone that adding Sylux to appease Ridley fans, hell even Metroid fans, would be a mistake. I think that's a big reason we didn't get a Metroid rep last game. Well that and there aren't many choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom