• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'd be down if only there's more characters and stages then what's already in.
After Ultimate though, a Melee HD with a few extra characters and stages would feel like a major downgrade, especially in the single-player department

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
After Ultimate though, a Melee HD with a few extra characters and stages would feel like a major downgrade, especially in the single-player department
True. Though, I feel like that if we get a Smash 6 it's gonna have a smaller stage and roster size compared to Ultimate because Sakurai did say that this proportion of things in one Smash will probably not happen again.

I think the next would maybe be a sorta "reboot" possibly? Idek tbh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still stand that if Smash is to continue it should be in the form of a Vs. crossover fighting game. Its the only way it could surpass Ultimate IMO whether with Capcom or Jump Stars.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
This has been on my mind for a while, but I don't think I'll ever stop being uncomfortable at how Ike is that close to King Dedede with his run speed, due to the small buff he got compared to everybody else. Seeing King K. Rool also be slower than King Dedede also felt weird for me.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
That would mean Mewtwo would be cut as he was the only non-Melee clone cut from Brawl...

You want THAT mess back? :yoshi:
Most devastating cut in Smash history after Icies. To make things worse he even had a Wii Remote selection sound in the games data.

Unused content like that is just spooky.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Camilla's main thing was mostly as a damaged individual that compensates for that damage by overenthusiastic caring for her siblings. Most of what I seen suggested that she was mostly used as a tool by her mother as a ploy to gain the King's favor and treated her as such. This resulted in an actually caring but rather unstable individual.
thank you. Camilla is a traic character and s honestly seriously damaged. she much deeper than most people seem to get most people look at her and go "ShE hAs BiG bOoBs AnD iS dUmB"

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Wow, the thread really slowed down today. I am quite surprised by it. I suppose it makes sense since the game is almost here. I wonder if we will actually be able to get to the "over nine thousand" pages.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey everyone! As promised earlier today, I'm gonna make a thread detailing the speed changes (running and air) in Ultimate.

However, unlike weight there are A LOT of changes to speed, essentially every character, so it's gonna take awhile.

The thread should be complete within an hour (hopefully).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A lot of people are probably getting ready to make their farewell Smash 4 videos. Here's a Mega Man montage from Felix Faction.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey everyone! As promised earlier today, I'm gonna make a thread detailing the speed changes (running and air) in Ultimate.

However, unlike weight there are A LOT of changes to speed, essentially every character, so it's gonna take awhile.

Is there a fixed universal buff to air speed like it is for run speed?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Hey, finally some decent gameplay with some decent players on a decent stage.
For some reason, it didn't hit me until just now that we lost the old Omega Pirate Ship. I know why, but still.

The new one still takes inspiration from the towers, but I'm really gonna miss the old Omega Pirate Ship.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I still stand that if Smash is to continue it should be in the form of a Vs. crossover fighting game. Its the only way it could surpass Ultimate IMO whether with Capcom or Jump Stars.
I think the next console version of Smash will be standalone expansions:
Marvel vs Smash Bros
Dissidea vs Smash Bros
Jump vs Smash Bros
Capcom vs Smash Bros
Pokemon vs Smash Bros
Each version will have the 'base' smash roster, each franchise will get depth, and by the end of the system it would be the ultimate crossover.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

It is especially interesting to see these changes with the new mechanics added to this game for jumping and running.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Nah I only like one of those characters and Melee - though still fun - is dated
Not to mention it had a lot of problems. I didn't realize how many problems it had until I watched the Melee is Broken videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom