• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
There are and they do? I know you are serious about this, but it sounds so "tinfoily".
Vaanrose just admitted that the leaked DM was floating around for awhile.

Nekoo's said he's had info, and there are a few others I know, but will keep secret on.

We're ALLLLLLLLLL around you.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind Sephiroth being playable.

I'd just be like "meh," and be disappointed in no Geno.

I know others feel the same way about Geno and other characters, though.

I am interested in FF, though, but not that much; more-so the older ones, and World of Final Fantasy after learning it's a monster-catching game and watching a bit of gameplay.

tbh I am also interested in FF7, just not the characters specifically.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nekoo's said he's had info, and there are a few others I know, but will keep secret on.

Does this make me "Spawn Wave's Messenger" then? :nifty:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Untouch

Smash Master
If I was to guess, this leaked PM is what tansut thinks is what upset Square Enix a couple months back.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Would anyone be 'mad' at Sephiroth though?

As someone who's never played FF7, even I know he's one of the most popular and influential villains in gaming as a whole even though I think he looks like every Hot Topic Goth ever.

That, and Final Fantasy flat out deserves better in Smash. If it takes another character with a stage, so be it.
Honestly? Yeah, I'd be pretty miffed.
Even in Final Fantasy itself you have SO MANY other options that it'd be honestly pretty damn disappointing to see yet another incarnation of Sephiroth again.
You want a popular FF villain, get Jecht.
Jecht's cool.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Woah. I never said I had that info before the public.
Ah. Okay. Well, then I apologize.

I was confused by your statements I suppose.

But the sentiment still stands. There's a lot of people around you trying to figure this out who are privy to things earlier than others.

I actually hadn't seen this leaked DM.

My info was in regards to Spirits Mode and Box theory.
Again, apologies.

Still means something. Lol.

LetterO

Smash Lord

As someone who's never played FF7, even I know he's one of the most popular and influential villains in gaming as a whole even though I think he looks like every Hot Topic Goth ever.

That, and Final Fantasy flat out deserves better in Smash. If it takes another character with a stage, so be it.
I mean, he looks cool, but I really wouldn't care too much about him. Geno, Sora, and Neku are the only SE characters I actually wanted and now only two of those are in the running.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Most of the stuff that has "leaked" has been seen by people who comment and lurk this thread before it makes it here. This is typically not the first place particular people see it.

It doesn't mean the people who see it first are better than anybody else. It just means they have connections, that's all.

I say this as someone who also has gotten information before.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah. Okay. Well, then I apologize.

I was confused by your statements I suppose.

But the sentiment still stands. There's a lot of people around you trying to figure this out who are privy to things earlier than others.
Indeed.

I'm figuring out all sorts of stuff right now.

Like how to talk to girls.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Awww, Swampy's growing up.

*clap clap*
The thing that hurts the most is that I can't tell if this is sarcasm answering my sarcasm...

Or that you honestly thought I was so bad at talking to girls that I need that compliment....

FreeFox

Smash Lord
What if everyone in the thread is a leaker but you?

*X-Files music plays*
I wouldnt really mind. Knowing isnt the most important part. Knowing who knows what is.

I suppose it makes things more interesting. I dont know. If I knew anything, I would remain quiet (my profession requires to put a huge weight onkeeping information secret). I dont think anyone would ever find out if I actually knew anything. Of course, we are talking about hypotheticals here and I dont know anything.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thing that hurts the most is that I can't tell if this is sarcasm answering my sarcasm...

Or that you honestly thought I was so bad at talking to girls that I need that compliment....
It was sarcasm. The jokes my friend. The jokes.

Gosh darn text and it's multiple meanings.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
If I was to guess, this leaked PM is what tansut thinks is what upset Square Enix a couple months back.
Dude, this leaked pm was just few days ago.

We don't know what tickled Square Enix off, My bet is that they found out that someone leaked who the character was for smash but we didn't see any text leaks with it in beacuse there was literally many fake leaks or they became aware that verge knows about their mysterious square enix character.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Teach me Senp- I mean...Sensei.
Ah child, let Swamp tell you about his wacky tinder stories.

First tinder date I met a girl who might have killed someone and told me on the first date.

True story too. I can PM you the story if you want.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I suppose it makes things more interesting. I dont know. If I knew anything, I would remain quiet (my profession requires to put a huge weight onkeeping information secret). I dont think anyone would ever find out if I actually knew anything. Of course, we are talking about hypotheticals here and I dont know anything.
I mean. I kept quiet ever since July. I think that's long enough to come forth after we know everything about the game lmao-
Everytime I say something related to this. I made sure to not bluntly say "SO MY FRIENDS WORKING AT X IN THE Y DIVISION SAID THAT Z WAS IN" and that it wouldn't hurt anyone.

The gameXplain technique. Which is to pass leaks as Speculation or discussion works wonders trust me.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

First tinder date I met a girl who might have killed someone and told me on the first date.

PM me the story please tbh.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

You what?!

I'mma need this.

I'm boiling some tea and some popcorn. We gonna braid each other's hair and talk about this.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

>girl who might hve killed someone

excuse me what the **** pm me on that.

D

Deleted member

Uh... You're gonna be safe, right bud?

...well.png

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Well. Things just got interesting.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well if you asked me, she should've

SETTLED IT IN SMASH.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Only the most aggressive FF7 haters.
I was playing Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (I found out today that my laptop is powerful enough to emulate PSP games).

The playable characters?
Final Fantasy: Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie*, Sephiroth*, Zidane, Vaan, Ashe, Balthier, Penelo, Basch* and Fran*
Dragon Quest: Slime, Alena, Maya, Meena, Bianca, Kiefer*, Maribel*, Jessica, Yangus (Adult), Angelo, Marcello*, King Trode*

Asterisked characters are the unlockable ones.

That's FF7, FF9, FF12, DQ1, DQ4, DQ7 and DQ8, for those unfamiliar with the characters/games.

The PS4 Fortune Street is more fair with it's lineup.
Anyway, I've gotta dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom