• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Of course I'm gonna get Ultimate, it's going to be the cause of more than a few "sick days" called in for. The quote was in the context of that new pot head plant that everyone seems so enamoured with. :p
I legit almost made that same joke but I was confused as to what exactly you were referring to because if you get Ultimate soonish, you just get the plant anyways. I was like afraid that Isuck, er I mean Isaac not showing up really upset you. I do recall seeing on the front page the title of the support thread was "Get Isaac or die trying" and I was thinking "what is this a cult?" LOL. I joke, but yeah I wish you could have gotten your wish, which was put back in with the likes of Ghirahim. :laugh:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Important question to the Smash fanbase:

why are you impossible to satisfy

Why all echos are hotter than their base counterparts? Is that a rule now?

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
They definetly have some work on them right now but what I meant was that none of them are echoes (I think that he said that, not sure)
Right but that doesn't conflict with my theory. To my understanding, and I've only seen the direct once, the Fighter Pass characters are from scratch, not echoes.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
You remeber when Sakurai said "when will I get a break?"

If he saw the way you all were acting right now, Im 100% sure he would go "Im done, they are very ungrateful" and im sure the peeps of Japan dont take kindly to that at all

he deserves a break, a long break, A permanent break aka retirement
Again, what do we have to be grateful for?
Do you expect customers to be grateful for what you do at your job, if you're working a job that has customers?
No, they are paying for the service. Its his job to make video games.
Stop treating sakurai like some god, if he wasn't making bank he'd **** off if its so hard. We owe nothing to this man.

D

Deleted member

Are you high?
Okay, time to be serious: There is no ****ing way this game is NOT going to be the best-selling game of the year and possibly the decade. To think otherwise is insane.
I love Smash and think its fantastic. Game of the Decade is pushing it. Maaaaaybe Game of the Year; it depends on what else is released. I think it misses the window for this year since its released ON the day of VGA, so it'll be counted as part of Next year's games....I believe.

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
At first I was like "this is spirits mode?" but then the trailer hyped me, then everyone died and that song played pumping up my hype to the max, don't know if it will suck or not but I can't wait to play it!

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Guys, sorry, got a bit overly pessimistic. Let out my negative thoughts, sorry. Carry one, and please ignore my stupid comment

Smash on!

D

Deleted member

I really wish everyone would maybe start supporting Zoe Trent with me just for fun

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
11. Adventure mode looks cool, although the focus on Kirby being the hero AGAIN kinda left a sour taste in my mouth...
Sakurai gonna Sakurai, did you expect any more after the last game as a Kid Icarus sequel?

OR Meta Knight being near Purposely OP in Brawl..

OR Tharja's trophy being cut despite Palutena being a Pole dancer.

OR Dark Pit.. Just Dark Pit..

Pakky

Smash Hero
I lowkey hope piranha plant is in so Sakurai can say "**** your hat goomba argument" and then reveal Dee as the first DLC.

Just to rub more salt in there.
That's exactly what going to happen. EXACTLY.

Also Rayman is coming.

And K Rool is a spirits so...?

Nothing matters?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Oh please, 75% aren't gonna buy the game? I'm sad that my most wanted isn't in the base game (and I have no faith anymore for them being DLC but that's beside the point) but I'm still gonna buy the game because excluding my other wants, this is still going to no doubt be an amazing game. Don't be silly and say 75% aren't going to buy just because all who were left to reveal were Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Wait Geno IS AN ONLINE ICON. I KNOW IT HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE, BUT I CONFIRMED IT MYSELF

DID SAKURAI HINT US LIKE THAT? I FEEL LIKE GENO WOULD HAVE BEEN A VERY CLEAR SPIRIT IF IT WASN'T THE CASE

I'M STILL DREAMING

MainJPW

M.T.A
I like that Sonic FINALLY gets to appear in his first Smash CG cinematic.

And it's of him getting ****ing INCENERATED!

Lol, Mr. Sakurai. At least he tried to help Pikachu.

D

Deleted member

...World of Light's trailer looks dope.

I have a feeling it's gonna be better than expected.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So we have:

A Tennis Playing Chain Chomp
A Tricycle riding Goomba
A fighting Piranha Plant

What next, a racing Thwomp?

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Remember when everyone was analyzing those 2 chairs?
super_smash_bros._ultimate_nintendo_direct_masahiro_sakurai_1920.0.jpg

Well, seems like we looked at the wrong hints all this time:
super_smash_bros._ultimate_nintendo_direct_masahiro_sakurai_1920.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
That said, I'm also a functional adult who realizes he's in charge of making the game he wants and I don't take decisions he and his team make personally. That's why I asked the question. Unfortunately, I got the answer I thought I'd get.
Then it's also my decision not to financially support the decisions he and his team makes :)

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
Right but that doesn't conflict with my theory. To my understanding, and I've only seen the direct once, the Fighter Pass characters are from scratch, not echoes.
I did not disagreed with your theory, (sorry if it looked that way) on the contrary

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Can we shut certain assist trophies we dont care to see off? There are a few of them I dont care to see.. Like that Flying Underwear Beast! Ugh, cant stand him!

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Can confirm.

"And we're not talking about echo fighters."

R.I.P. DLC echoes (the only worthy one would've been Roxas, but it's whatever).
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they make a few bonus DLC characters in the form of echo fighters in the next few years, seeing as it would be relatively easy money. Tails as a Sonic echo after a unique Dixie Kong with a Tails-appropriate Up-B is released, anyone?

D

Deleted member

Again, what do we have to be grateful for?
Do you expect customers to be grateful for what you do at your job, if you're working a job that has customers?
No, they are paying for the service. Its his job to make video games.
Stop treating sakurai like some god, if he wasn't making bank he'd **** off if its so hard. We owe nothing to this man.
Sorry, but...
If a Doctor saves your life, will you not show him appreciation?
If a nurse treats you well, do you not show appreciation?
When a vet helps your pet when sick, do you not show appreciation?

We owe appreciation for a job well done. He went above and beyond expectations when he brought every veteran back. Don't be a prick.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Are you high?
Okay, time to be serious: There is no ****ing way this game is NOT going to be the best-selling game of the year and possibly the decade. To think otherwise is insane.
It won't be, but that's not because of some fan-fueled fallout.

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call of Duty are still things, and if you're arguing the "best selling on Switch," Smash has never even been the top selling game on any previous Nintendo console. There's a very strong possibility it'll be the best selling Smash game ever if it can top Brawl's lifetime of thirteen-and-a-half million. But keep in mind that Super Mario Odyssey has already sold over twelve million in its first year.

Smash Bros will meet and likely exceed expectations, but expectations for Smash will never be "sell better than Pokemon or Mario".

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Banjo? Yes, but I think Steve is more likely based on Verge and Senrou's sources. Minecraft DLC would also sell gangbusters and you know it. I also wouldn't be surprised if we underrated Steve's performance in the Ballot, seeing as he was the primary request of a lot of younger fans at the time.

A Bethesda character isn't likely because Bethesda and Nintendo had little to no relations in December 2015 when the roster (and DLC) was decided.

No it'll vanish forever.

Of course it'll be paid DLC man.
True, but there is that Pete Hines comment, so it could go either way for Bethesda.

inb4 just spirits stuff

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
ive seen a considerable enough amount of people say it was real because they guessed ken
i guessed this would happen and its happening
Ken was an easy guess, I guess it was fake, oh well. Really wish we got at LEAST Mach Rider or Chorus Kids :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom