• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Look, I'm upset at this news about Isaac. I am. But I'm going to let this compeltely ruin Ultimate for me. I'm still hyped as **** for the game.
“I’m going to let this completely ruin Ultimate for me”

I know you meant to put “not” in there, but out of context that’s so funny.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You guys are all being silly lol
So much strife over things that might not even be real

The direct is 40 minutes, no way are they ONLY giving us just 2 fighters and you all know that. This is the LONGEST smash related direct ever aside from E3 but that was different.

Also dont just sit there and go "ok some insider said isaac or so and so wont be in" you dont actually know until the trailer drops lol

Just, chill tf out wait a day and everything will be over. Just chill out and stop biting at each other so much.
Have fun speculating and just try and enjoy it since thursday itll all be over.

- This threads new mom
Nailed it.

You definitely should be an admin or mod. I would nominate you if there was a running for another.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Goddamn, give this man a medal.
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it's entirely impossible UNLESS Sakurai himself says otherwise.
Waluigi.png

Has Sakurai ever went back on this?
If not, I think that puts the playable AT discussion in bed until he actually officially goes back on it.

You can screencap this all you want and if it happens, I'll happily eat my words, but until then... I'll hope for the best, but I expect nothing.
Signed, resident Lyn fan.
Lyn Sad.png

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
View attachment 173895
I'm sorry it's not turning out well for you and many others (myself included) my friend, but let us relax and remember the level of love and care being poured into this game, just like some delicious dark coffee being poured into the cup that is our life.
You'll be fine, we'll all be fine come what may, we'll sip on this darkness and swallow it like we've always done.
View attachment 173897
Don't lose hope yet mah dude.
Who is this fool wearing Aliana's visor? Take that off this instant, thats property of Team Flare.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So hypothetically what would we all do if Isaac ends up being the first character shown as a newcomer in the direct?

Personally, I'd breath a sigh of relief and then yell "Suck it Vergy!"

D

Deleted member

I made a bet with Shishœ that if Steve was revealed, I would change my avatar into one of those anime zombie girls for two weeks.

Everyone have fun Thursday, no salt allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
So hypothetically what would we all do if Isaac ends up being the first character shown as a newcomer in the direct?

Personally, I'd breath a sigh of relief and then yell "Suck it Vergy!"
Ironically, if the earthquake rumors are true, then Isaac WILL be the absolute first thing shown because he was meant to be shown at the last direct.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 173899

If not, I think that puts the playable AT discussion in bed until he actually officially goes back on it.

You can screencap this all you want and if it happens, I'll happily eat my words, but until then... I'll hope for the best, but I expect nothing.
Arguably Little Mac, Dark Samus, and Isabelle, who were all Assist Trophies at some point, are now playable. Not in one game, mind you, but it's not impossible. Just improbable.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Alright. Screw it. Screw it. I'm not holding back. I'm going all in on this leak. I don't care how much I regret it or get my hype killed. I'm believing in the leak. No veggieben or jon or mystic's changing that.

Chorus Kids will come home.
Isaac will come home.
Geno will come home.
Shadow will come home.
Mach Rider will come home.
Ken will come home.
Banjo will come home.
Me too. Grinch leak is still unbreakable. Dont trust the leakers and insiders.

I trust papageno and his source.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
tbh I don't really see how being an assist rules a character out of being DLC, they could easily just have them not appear when the character is being played as, there's nothing to suggest that it couldn't happen. And I personally think having a character in as an AT is better than nothing.
I'll be honest, thinking that they're going to make Assist Trophies into playable DLC fighters just sounds like denial. We have no reason to expect Sakurai to change his mind. When a character is made an AT that indicates that they weren't worthy of being playable in his eyes. I say this as someone who wanted Waluigi.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I didn't read several days worth of nitpicking to prove the Grinch leak for you all to give up easily.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
yeah, happiness doesn't mean an echo character and another ****ing pokemon as the only remaining characters for christ's sake.
I don't think that's what he meant.

He kind of just says "Even if it doesn't have all of the characters on the banner, it doesnt mean you wont be happy with the characters so look forward to that." In a wink wink kind of manner

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I know this point has been repeated ad nauseum but it seems people keep forgetting it. The last smash reveal has never been hype worthy. And this has repeated over the course of 3 games. Can Sakurai break a pattern? Of course he can but I Will remind everyone that the "Mario franchise gets a new character" and the "Fire Emblem gets a new character" patterns are still in this Smash with the "Pokémon gets a new character" pattern looking likely.
It's definitely possible that it'll be a letdown, but because of the nature of the characters revealed so far, plus the objective data of the ballot, there's reason to believe we'll get something exciting.

The least generally exciting character that was revealed so far was Isabelle, but she was revealed at a strategic time. It was alongside the long-awaited announcement of a new Animal Crossing game, and came after E3 and the August Direct, but before this November one. So it's sandwiched between the more substantial and exciting stuff, so we knew it wasn't the end and we could still expect the big characters. Now, imagine if Isabelle was the last character revealed. That'd be a disaster.

If Vergeben's info on a "Square Enix" rep is correct, I'm expecting at least Geno. And possibly, if some of the circumstantial evidence is to be believed, Isaac as well. I'm still not 100% on-board with Incineroar, though after Isabelle, I've come to accept it as likely.

But even if the new characters are mostly disappointing, at least all the other info we're getting on Spirits and everything else will be exciting enough to balance it out. Hopefully.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Arguably Little Mac, Dark Samus, and Isabelle, who were all Assist Trophies at some point, are now playable. Not in one game, mind you, but it's not impossible. Just improbable.
Well yeah, but that's not exactly what I'm talking about.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
...maybe Vergeben's source confused Matthew for Isaac and Matthew is the AT???

idk I'm desperate here
I mean, Matthew CAN learn Move in canon, so he could fill the same role as Isaac's old AT.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Questions: Besides Vergeben, why did all these insiders come out with info after the grinch leak after doing nothing for the longest time?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
View attachment 173899

Signed, resident Lyn fan.
View attachment 173903
I just take that to mean in terms of the base game tbh, DLC could be a different story

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I didn't read several days worth of nitpicking to prove the Grinch leak for you all to give up easily.
People put a wee bit too much faith in Verge. Hasn’t he been like this before, where he was like 80-90% correct up until the end? Not everything he says is fact.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Everything is pretty much set in stone now. Verge has said it, therefore it is pretty much confirmed.

Your message is exactly the kind of levelheadedness I expect to deluge me and while I agree in theory, the pain of having my most wanted deconfirmed by ****ing Vergeben and ****ing Emily hurts so bad. And hence why I'm off of this place for now. They'll never get in, at least for many many years, if ever. Shadow in particular is so hurtful because he's my #1 favorite character of all time and makes SO. MUCH. GODDAMN. SENSE. Easily the most likely echo after Ken and HE can't make the cut?

I don't want to drown this place in my self pity where no one is going to care and I'll just come off as a giant crybaby. Ik I probably already do with my last post. Just let me suffer in peace ok? Sorry I bothered this place with my presence.

Ultimately this is a fantastic smash game and I won't boycott it or anything stupid like that, but HOLY HELL THIS HUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRTTTSSS.
Dude, are you OK? Serious question, are you depressed or something?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yo if ATs can get upgraded as DLC, I really hope Alucard gets the promotion.

Coolest AT so far imo.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This might be the first game where I'm excited to see the trophies since I know K. Rool isn't one.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

The direct is 40 minutes, no way are they ONLY giving us just 2 fighters and you all know that. This is the LONGEST smash related direct ever aside from E3 but that was different.

Also dont just sit there and go "ok some insider said isaac or so and so wont be in" you dont actually know until the trailer drops lol

Just, chill tf out wait a day and everything will be over. Just chill out and stop biting at each other so much.

- This threads new mom
Exactly. That would mean we're only getting one unique fighter in the 40 minute direct.
How on earth can people think that we're only getting one newcomer and one echo in 40 minutes?

The direct will SURELY open and close with character trailers.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Lordy, you people are depressing.

It isn't over until it's over. Issac isn't looking so hot, yeah, but that doesn't mean Kencineroar is it. We have no way of knowing that until Thursday. Doesn't matter what Verge or the others say until we know what's actually going on.

I'm sure there's plenty a direct could use to fill up 40 minutes, but it's at LEAST going to open and close with fighters. We have so much to look forward to, so don't dwell on what we might not see.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Everything is pretty much set in stone now. Verge has said it, therefore it is pretty much confirmed.

Your message is exactly the kind of levelheadedness I expect to deluge me and while I agree in theory, the pain of having my most wanted deconfirmed by ****ing Vergeben and ****ing Emily hurts so bad. And hence why I'm off of this place for now. They'll never get in, at least for many many years, if ever. Shadow in particular is so hurtful because he's my #1 favorite character of all time and makes SO. MUCH. GODDAMN. SENSE. Easily the most likely echo after Ken and HE can't make the cut?

I don't want to drown this place in my self pity where no one is going to care and I'll just come off as a giant crybaby. Ik I probably already do with my last post. Just let me suffer in peace ok? Sorry I bothered this place with my presence.

Ultimately this is a fantastic smash game and I won't boycott it or anything stupid like that, but HOLY HELL THIS HUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRTTTSSS.
Please, I've invested more of my life into smash then 99.9% of people. My most wanted character is Skull Kid. I know disappointment well. Just consider how huge the game is though and how many characters there are and how much potential there is for DLC..there is nothing to be so emotionally invested in that it makes you physically feel bad. You don't have a stake in the game, you just enjoy it/are passionate about it. You don't even know the results of the direct yet. I've personally known about characters verg has said weeks before he's said them, and I don't trust his word as gospel, neither should you. Whoever is right, it's just speculation, there is nothing to be up in arms about, especially for things that haven't happened yet. Just chill and enjoy the 40 minutes of whatever is shown and then make an opinion after.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Questions: Besides Vergeben, why did all these insiders come out with info after the grinch leak after doing nothing for the longest time?
Partially because they didn't have all the info yet, partially because leakers are, at their core, attention-seekers, and dropping bombs right before a Direct comes out is the best way to get attention.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

- This threads new mom
Indeed. People are treating Verge as if he's Sakurai, his word being law on Smash. In speculation, Verge has been useful as he has a perfect track record with Smash. But in less than two days, we'll know it, not just speculate. I don't need Verge now, I got Sakurai.

I've already locked in my predictions/hopes: Grinch leak is real, Bandai successfully confused insiders (including Verge), and Incineroar will be in the next Nintendo Direct.

Could be wrong. Could be all wrong. But if Sakurai was able to deliver a lot of surprises and a killer presentation in 30 minutes, he'll certainly do more, and then some, in 40 minutes. Which is why I can go into this Direct with peace of mind--the possibilities are there, and whatever happens, I'll be glad to know.

D

Deleted member

Verge has been basically invalidated by the Grinch.

Last edited by a moderator:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Damage control to temper expectations. It just backfired because quite a few of them went about it in a smug and assertive manner, instead of offering the explanation that it was to help people be realistic.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I think Im just confused as to how you all can spend a week pushing for the grinch leak to be real
Talk badly about "insiders"
Circle talk about how debunkable it all is

Then the moment verge goes "uh guys its probably an AT lol idk" you all suddenly go back to believing him 100000000% enough to through a fit before the game is even out, before the direct is even out

Use some logic and reasoning guys, chillax and just go in with an open mind

Also in my humble opinion Verge(and some insiders) is doing this as a last ditch "pay attention to me guys!" thing after being proven wrong over kencineroar and the grinch leak. Its working super well considering how upset everyone is about someones word when he has a super duper good chance of being totally wrong

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'll be honest, thinking that they're going to make Assist Trophies into playable DLC fighters just sounds like denial. We have no reason to expect Sakurai to change his mind. When a character is made an AT that indicates that they weren't worth of being playable in his eyes. I say this as someone who wanted Waluigi.
I think it's less that they're not worth being playable, more that they're not a priority for the base game at least. Maybe it won't happen but I don't think we should rule out the possibility entirely.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If Anyone know the Full Roster. I'm absolutely Willing to believe it's ZhugeEX. Or at least. A big part of it.

He's not an attention ***** and he's actually super professional. If he hint that ResetERA's thread and member are close to piece things together it means he's not Bull****ting.
Who/what did he predict/leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom