• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean to be fair, Nintendo forced her into the main Mario cast almost 5 months after her debut in galaxy thanks to her appearance in Mario Kart Wii...
I like Rosalina and all, but I understand why lots of people hate her...
How can anyone hate Rosalina? She is the best mom!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Ok guys so I think you guys might not be aware of the whole Mariotehplumber situation so I'll try to give you a brief summary. I'm scared of posting the Chadnondorf leak here so I'll just resume the whole thing. You might already know but whatever.

September 28th
Chadnondorf happens, featuring very brutal language like MTP and the terms ''You are all broken clocks'', which doesn't mean anything and could potentially be a french canadian mistake.

October 2nd
Mariotehplumber(will be MTP from now on) starts doing a parody of Laxchris' videos while talking on videos that ALL feature Ganondorf. He says the words ''broken clocks'' a lot

October 23rd
MTP uploads a video analyzing Chadnondorf and strongly implying that it's him. He keeps saying that tomorrow, 45 days from the game's release, the Grand Meal will happen

October 24th
-Grinch Leak
-Radio silence from MTP until yesterday

October 29th
-MTP uploads a video insulting us and the insiders for being ****ing stupid and fighting over the Grinch leak. He says we have all the evidence and we're still squirming around. He says HE knows and that we're all ******* for being in turmoil over this when it should be obvious. (Doesn't state if real or fake)
-Starts attacking insiders personally, calling them *******. Some of them, like Mystic, react really weirdly to this for some reason.
-Starts taking his videos AND tweets down
-At around 10PM EST, he uploads another crazy rant where he insults us, similar to the first one. The creepy thing is that he uses the exact same background video from the first one. I think it's kind of funny but hey! At one point of the video you could see something flashing for one frame. That was a picture of the Discord where he was given the leak pictures (the snapchat screenshots to be precise) on September 28th.

What this means
This, unless it's a weird coincidence again, means that MTP got the snapchat screenshots first from an unknown source. Remember that MTP is a Quebecor, so it's not that much of a stretch to think that he's in a Discord with people from France.
On September 28th, when he sees the pictures, he makes out the 7 characters that we've been assuming are in because of the Chadnondorf leak. That means there could potentially be more than 7 but we weren't looking close enough. He made up the cuts and the bosses in the post just like the guy that initially leaked the ESRB pictures did.
Precisely on the same day that ESRB leaked, 45 days before release, MTP planned to release the Grinch leak on 4chan.

Probability of this being real
I'd say 70%. He is backpeddaling HARD right now seeing the potential legal danger he's in. He's been deleting all videos and tweets. I would believe it's just attention-whoring but then again there's no deying that he called all of this, uses the same terminology as Chadnondorf and features Ganon in all his videos that he makes between October 2 to October 23rd
Thanks for a detailed summary of MTP. But I was more wondering about how does this mean Skull kid for the character no in the banner?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Our Hype Train is nearing the final stop for the base game, so I'm gonna look back at reasons that I support Team Real.

-It's way too elaborate if it is faked. Much more than the Rayman leak. Papagenos posted a really good article yesterday summarizing this point. https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

-All the characters make sense.
--Geno, Isaac, and Banjo are the fan requests, and the biggest ones not in thus far at that.
--Mach Rider would make sense as the retro rep. Also Sakurai buying the mech toy for the gun in 2016 that matches the gun Mach Rider has
--Chorus Kids were planned but scrapped in Smash 4.
--Shadow and Ken are common sense echos, Shadow in particular has been requested alot.

-The insiders all seem to butt heads in terms of what their sources say. Also, some are unreliable, some are inconsistent, and some just say things which don't make sense

All this adds up and makes me think it's real. I really hope it is, and seeing as how Sakurai's focus in many things has been focused on what the fans want, I think this roster makes alot of sense.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
ResetERA seems to propose that maybe they pushed the Music Update because it could be for a totally new franchise introduced in the Direct...
Could make sense right?

This actually makes sense. For Simon, they pushed Bloody Tears until Thursday with him, then waited until the following Tuesday to do K. Rool.

Isabelle they just did it the following Tuesday after she was revealed.

Please....just be Banjo, Isaac or Geno.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oh, I'm curious:
At what time did y'all join Ultimate's hype cycle? I've been in it since the March Direct (first reveal).
I officially joined Smashboards when the Isabelle direct was delayed. I had been reading it for a few months before to see the old support threads for characters I liked - specifically Arle Nadja - and then I just got so insanely hyped for Smash I couldn't help but join! The funny part is I didn't even remember I had already created an account in 2010 for some reason (maybe to look into Brawl mods?) so I have my old username I only use here. I'm keeping it though, I kinda like it. Haha.

It's been an absolute joy to be part of this cycle with you all! Through the ups and downs and fake leaks and heartbreak and excitement there has been no other experience like it. Can't wait to stick around and chat Smash once it's all said and done!

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Ok guys so I think you guys might not be aware of the whole Mariotehplumber situation so I'll try to give you a brief summary. I'm scared of posting the Chadnondorf leak here so I'll just resume the whole thing. You might already know but whatever.

September 28th
Chadnondorf happens, featuring very brutal language like MTP and the terms ''You are all broken clocks'', which doesn't mean anything and could potentially be a french canadian mistake.

October 2nd
Mariotehplumber(will be MTP from now on) starts doing a parody of Laxchris' videos while talking on videos that ALL feature Ganondorf. He says the words ''broken clocks'' a lot

October 23rd
MTP uploads a video analyzing Chadnondorf and strongly implying that it's him. He keeps saying that tomorrow, 45 days from the game's release, the Grand Meal will happen

October 24th
-Grinch Leak

October 29th
-MTP uploads a video insulting us and the insiders for being ****ing stupid and fighting over the Grinch leak. He says we have all the evidence and we're still squirming around. He says HE knows and that we're all ******* for being in turmoil over this when it should be obvious. (Doesn't state if real or fake)
-Starts attacking insiders personally, calling them *******. Some of them, like Mystic, react really weirdly to this for some reason.
-At around 10PM EST, he uploads another crazy rant where he insults us, similar to the first one. The creepy thing is that he uses the exact same background video from the first one. I think it's kind of funny but hey! At one point of the video you could see something flashing for one frame. That was a picture of the Discord where he was given the leak pictures (the snapchat screenshots to be precise) on September 28th.

What this means
This, unless it's a weird coincidence again, means that MTP got the snapchat screenshots first from an unknown source. Remember that MTP is a Quebecor, so it's not that much of a stretch to think that he's in a Discord with people from France.
On September 28th, when he sees the pictures, he makes out the 7 characters that we've been assuming are in because of the Chadnondorf leak. That means there could potentially be more than 7 but we weren't looking close enough. He made up the cuts and the bosses in the post just like the guy that initially leaked the ESRB pictures did.
Precisely on the same day that ESRB leaked, 45 days before release, MTP planned to release the Grinch leak on 4chan.

I'd say 70%. He is backpeddaling HARD right now seeing the potential legal danger he's in. He's been deleting all videos and tweets. I would believe it's just attention-whoring but then again there's no deying that he called all of this, uses the same terminology as Chadnondorf and features Ganon in all his videos that he makes between October 2 to October 23rd
This is a scary, yet very much hilarious prospect. I'd actually kind of love it if Mariotehplumber of all people was the one to completely shut down insiders.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Our Hype Train is nearing the final stop for the base game, so I'm gonna look back at reasons that I support Team Real.

-It's way too elaborate if it is faked. Much more than the Rayman leak. Papagenos posted a really good article yesterday summarizing this point. https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

-All the characters make sense.
--Geno, Isaac, and Banjo are the fan requests, and the biggest ones not in thus far at that.
--Mach Rider would make sense as the retro rep. Also Sakurai buying the mech toy for the gun in 2016 that matches the gun Mach Rider has
--Chorus Kids were planned but scrapped in Smash 4.
--Shadow and Ken are common sense echos, Shadow in particular has been requested alot.

-The insiders all seem to butt heads in terms of what their sources say. Also, some are unreliable, some are inconsistent, and some just say things which don't make sense

All this adds up and makes me think it's real. I really hope it is, and seeing as how Sakurai's focus in many things has been focused on what the fans want, I think this roster makes alot of sense.
Maybe no Black Shadow, Elma, Leon Powalski, Medusa and Nightmare but I'd overall be happy that I get Banjo.

D

Deleted member

September 28th

October 2nd

October 23rd

October 24th
-Grinch Leak

October 29th

What this means

We are seriously considering that one of the largest Smash leaks thus far, whose validity has been corroborated by material for the new Grinch movie and emboldened by a Wendy's promotion, might have actually been leaked by an infamous troll who has pulled stunts like buying a bunch of Rosalina amiibos because he hates the character?
I am convinced that we were flung into the bizzaro timeline sometime around 2016. This chain of events is almost unbelievable enough to have actually happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
can someone please tell me who this is, im kinda new to all the smash community stuff
Probably the 'Majoras mask' Near Mach Rider (or under him) some people see it and some only see the under rail of teh Bike. I've gone back and forth on this myself and I'm still not sure.
MM in leak?.png

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for a detailed summary of MTP. But I was more wondering about how does this mean Skull kid for the character no in the banner?
Woops lol seems I typed this for nothing. Yeah because of the Majora's Mask seemingly hanging on Mach Rider's crotch. The absolute madman is wearing it on his **** lmao

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Based on this, the recommendation coming from there is to keep your expectations dangling above rock bottom.
honestly if he's to be believed you should keep your expectations a bit below unless you like incineroar and ken lmao
You should always set your expectations low unless there's very solid evidence to believe otherwise. That way, if those expectations are exceeded, it's great. But if you set your expectations too high due to, say, blurry pictures or "insiders" coming out of the woodwork with conflicting statements, then you're only going to be disappointed.

My expectation? Two newcomers, two Echo Fighters. I could be wrong and those expectations might be exceeded, and I'll be happy if they are. But if they aren't, well, I can't say I'd be disappointed, because I wasn't expecting much to begin with.

A friend and I went to go see Venom this weekend only because I had to go see a movie in a theater for a class. I went in with middling expectations, and those expectations were met, so I wasn't too disappointed. My friend, however, had the movie hyped up by other friends for the past few weeks, and came out disappointed because it didn't live up to that.

The great thing about Smash Ultimate, though, is that Sakurai is giving us all the information before release, so no one should be disappointed on release day, because we'll all know exactly what to expect.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Wait so why is everyone all of a sudden thinking the entire roster will be revealed on Thursday? There's still the "other" Nintendo direct and the game awards, right?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
:ultrosalina: is the Blog Post.

They aren't even RISKING music before the direct this time, lol.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What was the original music theory?
Literally just that. It started in the Elma thread and basically it was "We have had no Xenoblade content, and so far music from a series has been saved for a reveal, such as Ridley coming with the Metroid song or Simon with Bloody Tears. Therefore, as Xenoblade is known for its music, they may be saving the Xenoblade track for a newcomer, who is probably Elma."

Then other people got ahold of it, twisted it, and blew it out of proportion.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wait so why is everyone all of a sudden thinking the entire roster will be revealed on Thursday? There's still the "other" Nintendo direct and the game awards, right?
Yeah, but it's the FINAL smash Direct.
So, they will probably go all out for the last direct, revealing all base game characters.
VGA rumours is for DLC so it's okay

paper roxy

Smash Ace
You should always set your expectations low unless there's very solid evidence to believe otherwise. That way, if those expectations are exceeded, it's great. But if you set your expectations too high due to, say, blurry pictures or "insiders" coming out of the woodwork with conflicting statements, then you're only going to be disappointed.

My expectation? Two newcomers, two Echo Fighters. I could be wrong and those expectations might be exceeded, and I'll be happy if they are. But if they aren't, well, I can't say I'd be disappointed, because I wasn't expecting much to begin with.

A friend and I went to go see Venom this weekend only because I had to go see a movie in a theater for a class. I went in with middling expectations, and those expectations were met, so I wasn't too disappointed. My friend, however, had the movie hyped up by other friends for the past few weeks, and came out disappointed because it didn't live up to that.

The great thing about Smash Ultimate, though, is that Sakurai is giving us all the information before release, so no one should be disappointed on release day, because we'll all know exactly what to expect.
i mean, the grinch leak isnt just a blurry picture and thats really oversimplifying everything about it, but part of me is probably believing the insiders just so i dont get my hopes up for geno anymore /shrug

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Because it's the FINAL /SMASH/ Direct.

TGA are on the morning after Ultimate drops in at least one country.

They are not going to save the full roster reveal for a late Direct

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
So what are the last characters for blog posts (aside from any that come on Thursday)

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
We are seriously considering that one of the largest Smash leaks thus far, whose validity has been corroborated by material for the new Grinch movie and emboldened by a Wendy's promotion, might have actually been leaked by an infamous troll who has pulled stunts like buying a bunch of Rosalina amiibos because he hates the character?
I am convinced that we were flung into the bizzaro timeline sometime around 2016. This chain of events is almost unbelievable enough to have actually happened.
Underrated post

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Care to show me image of this? I'm trying to find that image in the video, no luck either.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

September 28th

October 2nd

October 23rd

October 24th
-Grinch Leak

October 29th

What this means

If he was given the snapchat video images on a discord, I'd say he either payed someone to make it (it's fake) or one of his buddies saw it and decided to give the images to him / one mentioned they had info and MTP demanded it (it's real).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh, I'm curious:
At what time did y'all join Ultimate's hype cycle? I've been in it since the March Direct (first reveal).
You mean Smashboards?
in that case, around the time the September Direct got delayed...
I got so bored that I checked out this site called Smashboards...
I loved it immediately and I wanted to join in on the fun...

But if you mean general hype, I was there when Smash was announced at the March Direct, Live and everything...

How can anyone hate Rosalina? She is the best mom!
I know right?
I'd argue she's the best Mario princess by a long shot...

AugustusB

Smash Champion

September 28th

October 2nd

October 23rd

October 24th
-Grinch Leak

October 29th

What this means

Lord all mighty...Is that picture of the discord ANYWHERE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom