• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vigneault.charles

Smash Rookie
Can someone send a quick "reasons why it's real; reasons why it's not real" list
Fake: The more we analyse the whole background picture the more we see inconcistency in parts that were hidden.
Real: The background may have changed/They maybe had an old background without all the E3 ad on. but Artsy showed that the background haven't changed at all since E3

Everything else about the name the frame guy it doesn't really matter for this leak the guy don't know anything the company don't even have a facebook page with posts so they don't have commented.

And an item from Golden Sum maybe point toward Isaac but again it doesn't matter Isaac can be in and the leak still be fake.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Alright! It's finally done!

Unfortunately I couldn't get each and everyone of you in this picture. I just randomly picked a bunch of users to draw. I wish I could make more fit.
However, the castle in the background is supposed to represent the board itself with everyone in it. So technically I did get everyone in this picture!

And now, without further ado, I give you...

drumroll...

THE SMASHBOARDS ANIME POSTER!!!
(it looks nothing like actual anime but I tried my best okay?).

The users in this image are Yours truly, Luigi The President Luigi The President , Zinith Zinith , @ToasterBrains , @Opossum , @lightdrago , @Mr. Wario , @Smashing Ramen , Idon Idon , @TotsBS , @Raspberry , @Tougon , @Zachmac , @papagenos , and @Pazzo. . I really wanted to get more users in this but hey, what can you do?
PAUSE EVERYTHING
wait
thats a 404

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I haven't paid the box theory much mind, but I just gave it some thought just now and I assume some people have already mentioned this, but why do people think that Ken and Incineroar would automatically be on the box? Chrom and Dark Samus aren't on it.

Also, naturally, the echo fighters are next to their respective base characters on the box (Daisy next to Peach, Richter next to Simon). That means if Ken were on the box he'd have to be next to Ryu - and Ryu isn't on the box right now, meaning Ryu and Ken would take up the last two spots, not Ken and Incineroar. So, keeping with the constraints of the box theory itself, that would mean Ken is the last fighter...which I think most would agree is unlikely.

In my mind that pretty much nullifies the box theory. Of course, there's the possibility that the last two spots are both newcomers and neither is Ken, but that's completely different from most people interpret the box theory to be right now from what I've seen.
I simply never believed it because it sounded like something that someone came up with in 5 minutes. That and I highly doubt Sakurai would give away his game's roster amount through a box pattern. It's ludicrous.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The weirdest thing about the banner inconsistencies is that if it is fake, the guy is pretty smart and the leak is well thought out, so why would he have posted the fake Battlefield he made knowing it'd be easy to disprove?

It's like, hey, I found someone who works at this company, impersonated them, found out they were working on the Grinch, made a whole bunch of assets, spent ages replicating the banner, Snapchatted it out, got a friend to leak it, oh but have the Battlefield I faked so you can debunk it byeeeee.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Unfortunately I couldn't get each and everyone of you in this picture. I just randomly picked a bunch of users to draw. I wish I could make more fit.
However, the castle in the background is supposed to represent the board itself with everyone in it. So technically I did get everyone in this picture!

drumroll...

The users in this image are Yours truly, Luigi The President Luigi The President , Zinith Zinith , @ToasterBrains , @Opossum , @lightdrago , @Mr. Wario , @Smashing Ramen , Idon Idon , @TotsBS , @Raspberry , @Tougon , @Zachmac , @papagenos , and @Pazzo. . I really wanted to get more users in this but hey, what can you do?
I JUST FIXED THIS TRY IT AGAIN

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, I really feel bad for Sakurai right now. Regardless whether the leak is real nor fake, he's kind of ****ed one way or another as this roster is literally ideal. If real, amazing, but it the whole roster save for the next reveal would be completely unsurprising (the next reveal would be okay because even if it's any of the leaked characters, we won't know for sure if it's real until we see the banner). If it's fake, then a lot of people are going to be disappointed even though this game has so much work and passion poured into it. This roster who would blow everyone's predictions out of the water in the best way possible, and especially given the circumstances it'll be really tough to top a roster like this if the leak is fake.

They have to be looking at this one way or another as it is getting MASSIVE attention and coverage. If it is in fact fake, I think their best course of action would it be to put up a reveal ASAP, just to rip the proverbial Band-Aid off and give people time to adjust. Because the thing is, no matter how great the roster we got so far is, people will be disappointed if it's anything less, which is a shame given how amazing the content so far has been.
Last games also had so many work and passion put into them but people still were vocally disappointed because their faves weren't in it.

At least this game satisfied the loudest fanbases (Ridley, K.Rool, no cuts) from the start.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

drumroll...

Truly...
404.png

It is beautiful.

EDIT: IT WORK NOW.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

drumroll...

Great job!!!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

drumroll...

Oh boy!...

Error 404 Not Found

Unknown-1.jpeg

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

drumroll...

AND BADDA BING
IT'S A MASTERPIECE

God tier work Noi. God tier. We got a new icon on our hands post-Direct my boy this is so good.
I love this. **** the leak y'all hit the pause button and admire this this instant

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
The weirdest thing about the banner inconsistencies is that if it is fake, the guy is pretty smart and the leak is well thought out, so why would he have posted the fake Battlefield he made knowing it'd be easy to disprove?

It's like, hey, I found someone who works at this company, impersonated them, found out they were working on the Grinch, made a whole bunch of assets, spent ages replicating the banner, Snapchatted it out, got a friend to leak it, oh but have the Battlefield I faked so you can debunk it byeeeee.
You won't believe how many people make extremely elaborate fake screens and then give it off with something dumb like very wrong japanese.

The most probable reason is that the guy:

1 - Either wasn't aware of the full empty version from the E3 booth

2 - Was tired of working on it and that was the best they could do

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

drumroll...

Seems to be missing some Bones.

But really awesome job it looks great.

Fenn

Smash Cadet
That gif made me think, what if it's not a wristband, but rather it could be a lanyard?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sure, but considering how Sakurai could get Geno as a Mii Costume, and Phil Spencer being fine with Banjo in Smash, it's not COMPLETELY out of his power.
But that's the thing, it really is completely out of his power. If a company says no, regardless of its reasons, he can't put them in. End of story.

Now, would they say no? Evidence points to "probably not", but negotiations fall through all the time on things that should make sense. Remember that Geno costumes were DLC, making sure that SE gets a more distinct cut of the profits, and that they may be more wary of releasing their intellectual property in the main game proper for whatever reason. Also, the final roster was decided in 2015, before Phil Spencer had the same control over Microsoft's gaming division as he does now. Even if he's all for Banjo being in, it's possible that his superior back then was not. Or that Spencer was just making a positive media pose by saying he wants Banjo in when, really, he doesn't. Any of these are possibilities.

vigneault.charles

Smash Rookie
I'll give you the synopsis

Reasons why it's real: Gets a lot of details in the mural correct, Grinch poster seems to be legit, and also seems to be a difficult/time consuming leak to fake

Reason why it's not real: The background has inconsistencies and as Oni has shown us, it's literally never changed between the alterations made to character position, so it'd be the first time they would change the background
The parts everyone underestimate: so it'd be the first time they would change the background and they only changed it in parts that doesn't appeared on any of the banner before. Like if the leaker had to guess every hidden part behind every character because it's not a legit picture.

osby

Smash Obsessed

drumroll...

This is truly awesome. (also is it weird I could tell pretty much everyone without looking it up?)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Saw this on the source gaming discord
We've discussed this before.

It ended up being a hilarious coincidence; the Grinch stuff is there because the building where Nintendo is hosting their tourney stuff is actually hosting Comic Con and not just Nintendo, and they're advertising the new Grinch movie.

I really hope this leak's Grinch props start showing up, though; one of the diagrams appears to be something that's made of two parts of a cutout: the front of the Grinch, and his back with the dog.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Because he probably thought it wouldn't be easy to disprove. Bear in mind that it wasn't until nearly a day later that the empty Battlefield from E3 was actually found. A vast majority of people didn't even know it existed.

D

Deleted member

What if at the end of all this, the Grinch leak comes out as fake but the post on 4chan that has the exact same characters is real.
That'd be real ****in wild ride.
You know, I really feel bad for Sakurai right now. Regardless whether the leak is real or fake, he's kind of ****ed one way or another as this roster is literally ideal. If real, amazing, but it the whole roster save for the next reveal would be completely unsurprising (the next reveal would be okay because even if it's any of the leaked characters, we won't know for sure if it's real until we see the banner). If it's fake, then a lot of people are going to be disappointed even though this game has so much work and passion poured into it. This roster would blow everyone's predictions out of the water in the best way possible, and especially given the circumstances it'll be really tough to top a roster like this if the leak is fake.

They have to be looking at this one way or another as it is getting MASSIVE attention and coverage. If it is in fact fake, I think their best course of action would be to put up a reveal ASAP, just to rip the proverbial Band-Aid off and give people time to adjust. Because the thing is, no matter how great the roster we got so far is, people will be disappointed if it's anything less, which is a shame given how amazing the content so far has been.
Honestly with the nature of the leak, I'm sure people will probably still be surprised. It's currently more or less impossible to tell if it's real or fake, so it's up to the individual to look at the various facts and form an opinion for themselves.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
After this leak I'm feeling that I'm being tortured. Everyday in wait is like a new cut in my perfect skin. Omg the hunger for new info and the anxiety for the truth being told is HUGE, I'm feeling like I'm drowning

Trisepta

Smash Cadet
I think the idea was to show that he had the background without the characters and it was going to be used for the sign. But he was unaware that it already existed.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
There's another side
Chrom and Dark Samus are on it, numerically wise. There's a weird gap for Ken (or......Medusa I guess) on how the characters are displayed and there's only one spot left on the side we can see. There's a lot of analysis into it that it'll take some time for me to find, but if that's the final box design it's 100% airtight that there are only 2 left
Huh, I didn't realize that. Well, regardless, I can say I'm not really a subscriber to the box theory as I don't think Sakurai and Nintendo would so clumsy as to give such a large indicator to the remaining newcomers through the box art.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How did everyone even come to the conclusion that all we had left was Ken and Incineroar before the leak anyway? We "knew" those two were coming, but no one said that was all
Box theory states that, unless there are more characters situated on the back/top/bottom of the box for some reason, we'd only be getting one echo in one string of characters (with the obvious choice being Ken) and one brand new newcomer who definitely isn't an echo. As long as the box's very specific numbering system held up, that's all we were getting. Two characters.

Because Verge was saying Ken and Incineroar, most of the community clumped those two together.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Huh, I didn't realize that. Well, regardless, I can say I'm not really a subscriber to the box theory as I don't think Sakurai and Nintendo would so clumsy as to give such a large indicator to the remaining newcomers through the box art.
FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS IT!

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Last games also had so many work and passion put into them but people still were vocally disappointed because their faves weren't in it.

At least this game satisfied the loudest fanbases (Ridley, K.Rool, no cuts) from the start.
That's a good point. I mean those two fanbases for sure would have been among the loudest reactions if they didn't get in (I would know). It's just the fact that he's expressed specifically that he's worried about this game being leaked, and has taken extra precautions to make sure that doesn't happen, including making sure every character is revealed before launch.

But I know, these things happen and are somewhat inevitable. It's just a shame.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914

drumroll...

Oh this is phenomenal. Gotta get some K rool in there

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220

drumroll...

Holy crap. This is amazing! Seriously, nice going dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom