• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Will Isaac come back? Will Banjo come home? Will Geno make his startling reappearance?

Find out December 7th.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
How the Grinch leaked Smash Bros
Every fan down in Fanville liked Smash Bros a lot,
But the Grinch, who lived just north of Fanville did not.
The Grinch hated Smash Bros, the whole entire series.
Please, don’t ask, no one quite knows why, dearies.
Perhaps it is because Bayonetta was too strong.
Perhaps it is because he always lost to Donkey Kong.
But I think, the most likely reason of all,
Was because his hype was two sizes too small.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Same here, assuming he doesn't get Assist Trophy'd. You know I'll be campaigning hard for the Prof during the DLC period, especially if they open up another ballot!
Here's hoping they will give the game a good healthy amount of DLC characters post release, especially since there are no veterans involved this time around either.
Tbh, Even if he showed as an assist, Id be fine with it, I wont get the game ofc but at least he is an assist and in the game. Im all for rooting for Layton as DLC for sure

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The only part of the leak that I'm pretty skeptical on is why does Isaac look so small in the banner artwork?

D

Deleted member

If this leak is true then that's 10 new uniques in a game that has every single Smash character EVER already in.
I know that the circumstances seem real (like the grinch stuff and the dudes linkedin) but the shadows are all ****ed and the things are so blurry it could easily be used to hide any messed up stuff...

I think I'm in team hmmm as for right now, just waiting for the next direct to confirm Elma as a Goku echo :4pacman:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Duel reveal trailers. It's been done before ala Lucina and Robin but it does beg the question of who would be paired with who because they're all very different thematically...(although Geno and Isaac sharing a trailer would be badass)
Don't think that would happen, every newcomer has gotten their own trailer and I don't expect them to suddenly double up now. Robin and lucina made sense because they're both FE characters and she was an echo, Geno and isaac would make zero sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Question: How the HFIL do you structure a direct that has 5 newcomer trailers to show?
Well, just to think about it, let's see...5 newcomers...

It'd probably be an info-dump direct; 50 fact extravaganza sort of thing
Trailer 1: 2 characters (Geno & Isaac since they're both have had support for awhile)
Introduces new characters; how requested they were; Ballot results, blah blah blah...
Talk about Spirits Mode; makes a pun that transitions into a 'Speaking of whatever pun I just made...'
Trailer 2: Chorus Kids
Introduces characters; talks about how he wanted them in Smash Wii U, but couldn't get them to work and had to cut them
More talk about game features and modes that are either new or old, but we didn't get info on
introduces the 2 new Echo characters
Talk about all the third party characters in the game and how much work it took to get all this in one game, thanking each company and pausing before saying 'Rare' and showing the third trailer
Trailer 3: Banjo-Kazooie
Talk about Banjo Kazooie and how they've spoken about getting him before but couldnt do it until now. Going over his unique-ness and how the character differs from the similar 'partner' fighter, Duck-Hunt Dog
Thanks for your time, we have one last announcement for you...
'Surprise' final trailer; Trailer 4: Mach Rider (no description afterwards; just a trailer with a little gameplay, then the end of the direct)

That's assuming they didn't decide to split the last 7 (if this is all real) into 2 different directs; 4 for November (Banjo, Geno, Issac, Chorus Kids) and one small, 'final'direct right before the release showing the last 3 (Mach Rider, Ken, Shadow).

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Alright against all odds i managed to get the pic from somewhere else.. I'll be back later if I discover anything. Though if this turns out to be fake again and the boards revert back to Box is Love Box is Life then im outta here again.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Let's imagine a different scenario and its consequences: What if the leak is proven fake tomorrow? Would you be affected?

P.S. I personally believe it's real, but I'm curious what your reactions would be nonetheless.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Of all things, the Grinch makes this look more likely than not - unbelievable. This is the best roster imaginable, no hat goomba, has banjo and mach rider, I'm in love if real. There's too much evidence right now pointing to a yes than a no, and the mural appears as though it's an arm band which is also really cool. With the Grinch releasing on November 28th in France supposedly it would coincide with the release materials around an office for both that and Smash - how hyped are you all?

Banjo: 10/10 best inclusion in the game next to Ridley and K. Rool, honorable mention to Simon
Mach Rider: 9/10 Best Retro Rep possible
Shadow: 5/10 Expected, offers little to nothing besides edgyness but isn't a bad character
Issac: 7/10 Happy for the fans, won't play much unless the moveset is really fun
Geno: 7/10 Still baffles me from Brawl speculation that he's highly requested, but again happy for the fans
Ken: 1/10 don't care personally
Chorus Kids: 7.5/10 Hope they get an awesome moveset, decently excited

Before anyone goes nuts on my opinions, 5/10 is neutral, anything below is meh anything above I'm pleased.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I’m pretty sure that the blurry and reduced size are to mask every obvious instance of the copy stamp tool or healing brush residues that would be there when moving characters. And unless we get a good zoom in each illustration, there’s absolutely no reason for me to find this real. In fact, I do agree with whoever said this one of the fakest leaks of them all

osby

Smash Obsessed
Robin and Lucina sharing a trailer makes sense because, you know... they are literally from the same game.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly, the biggest thing bothering me about this leak isn't even most of the things being discussed here.

I can't fathom not getting a new Pokemon rep. Like, even if it wasn't Inceneroar/a Gen 7 Mon, I'd imagine SOME Pokemon rep had to have done pretty well in the Ballot. I guess Pokemon Trainer and maybe Pichu would work under that logic, but... I dunno, one of the biggest draws to Smash Bros for the casual market getting nothing is just weird. Weirder things have happened, but... Hm.

I'm torn on this one. It's got a lot going for it and I would die happy if it was real, but I feel like I need to be cautious of this one.

Espio264

Smash Ace
In the one image under (above the blank battlefield) the big LOL, there’s a diagram of the banner being wrapped around a cylinder. That with the clear slits and tape on what we’re calling the arm band make total sense together. Who would go through all of this thought to fake it?

Excuse me if (probably) this has been brought up already.

I’ve always loved the Grinch.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Leaning towards #TeamReal, Leak Review summed up the reasons why nicely:
https://twitter.com/LeakReview/status/1055095636847030273

Also, can I just say, people are so ungrateful. "Oh no, my character that had a relatively small chance of getting in isn't in, the roster sucks". This happened with Smash 4 too. If this leak ends up being real, you can't look at this roster and tell me it isn't good, that it doesn't include a lot of characters people have been wanting forever. Ridley, K. Rool, Simon Belmont, freaking GENO and BANJO, not to mention the return of every single character from the previous games. Of course there are some characters I personally would've liked that aren't in there such as Bandana Dee, but that doesn't make me unsatisfied with the roster. And let's not forget that potential DLC will make it even better, so I don't want to hear any complaints just because your niece character didn't make it in.
Well some people just aren't interested in certain characters, no matter how popular or wanted they are by the majority, and those people shouldn't be scolded or admonish just because they have different preferences, and interests either. To say the roster sucks would be going too far I'll admit, but we shouldn't shut down anyone who politely expresses their lack of interest in it.

Also, despite having some characters I want (Isaac, Shadow, Mach Rider), I don't think this leak is real since (as pointed out before) the shadows for some characters don't match.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If this leak is real it's surprising that we actually got 15 newcomers which is one more than what Melee got. I made this edit of this infographic to show how the newcomer count and lineup looks like throughout the Smash series if this leak is real
Best thing is Sakurai says this in different ways every game and adds more than people think.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
I’m pretty sure that the blurry and reduced size are to mask every obvious instance of the copy stamp tool or healing brush residues that would be there when moving characters. And unless we get a good zoom in each illustration, there’s absolutely no reason for me to find this real. In fact, I do agree with whoever said this one of the fakest leaks of them all
https://imgur.com/a/2TY4Okf It's a hell of a lot of healing brush to produce an entirely blank Battlefield, no matter the size.

Everyone stop looking at pictures that only include the banner without the surrounding material.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly, the biggest thing bothering me about this leak isn't even most of the things being discussed here.

I can't fathom not getting a new Pokemon rep. Like, even if it wasn't Inceneroar/a Gen 7 Mon, I'd imagine SOME Pokemon rep had to have done pretty well in the Ballot. I guess Pokemon Trainer and maybe Pichu would work under that logic, but... I dunno, one of the biggest draws to Smash Bros for the casual market getting nothing is just weird. Weirder things have happened, but... Hm.

I'm torn on this one. It's got a lot going for it and I would die happy if it was real, but I feel like I need to be cautious of this one.
I don't really think it's that hard to believe.
But then again I've been saying similar things in the Discord for months so if this is real I just feel a teensy bit vindicated

cothero

Smash Lord
My conclusion: i think this is real. There was way too much work put into this. Newcomers would add up to 16, wich isn't that much considering Sakurai said to not expect much more. The last direct will be the BOMB.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Is incineroar in there? Where's the miis?
The Mii Brawler and Swordfighter should be around where Shadow is, and Mii Gunner near where Banjo is, but they aren't here. They're not even anywhere, so that concerns me.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
People have also pointed out some oddities with shadows as well, notably snake. Honestly there's just not enough to go off of for me to confidently believe this, I believe vergeban more than this tbh.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
https://imgur.com/a/2TY4Okf It's a hell of a lot of healing brush to produce an entirely blank Battlefield, no matter the size.

Everyone stop looking at pictures that only include the banner without the surrounding material.
Someone in this thread removed peach in 3 minute to show that it was completely possible and easy to do.

Also, GameExplain seems to believe that it's fake-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom