• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I don't even think they have to drop FLUDD necessarily--Cappy could merely replace his aerial spin attack and his Side-B and I'd be happy (no pun intended, lol). But if they wanted to go to town with it, more power to 'em!

And YES, that music. If they really wanted to go crazy they could have the stage move into the castle at points and have the music do that sweet transition. We can only dream!
Alternative suggestion: make a Down Special involving Cappy, and replace the Up Special with Fludd's Rocket Nozzle in a way that's functionally identical.

Morbi

Scavenger
One thing I firmly believe the Smash fanbase need to understand is that internet forums, such as this one, are not the mainstream audience. I know that is hard to believe, but there are millions of people who love Smash Bros., who also don't post on websites like this one.

King K.Rool and Ridley have always been big community choices. If you move outside that community, however, they aren't necessarily as big. Those are the people who might hear about the Smash Ballot and then go vote for a character. This is likely how Bayonetta won.

It's either that, or Bayonetta was planned to be added in the first place and the Smash Ballot was completely used for future titles. (MAYBE IN LINE WITH MY CONSPIRACY THEORY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS GAME! ***laughs maniacally to self)
I understand that, I genuinely do; however, Bayonetta (as a character) was never even vaguely close to being popular in almost any regard (she was not even that big with rule 34). Her game did relatively well and it was largely forgotten until Nintendo shenanigans. If she did indeed legitimately win, I still wholeheartedly believe it was an erroneous victory. People were, in that case, clearly laughing at the prospect of sneaking T&A into Smash Brothers. The fact that she was considered "viable" is laughable and quite frankly that word could have meant anything. Because again, I am not saying that she robbed anyone in particular of a victory. I am merely asserting that there is no way she a legitimate winner. I do not even mind that she is in the game. I LOVE her. I am just confused, if hack and slash fans were so hot for her, why not Dante? He already appeared in two other cross-over games and the inspiration is clearly there. Obviously he would come to mind far sooner than she would unless you were ready to do something naughty before going to bed. It just does not add up, mate.

As far as I am concerned, you believe what you want to believe and I am going to do the same.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I understand that, I genuinely do; however, Bayonetta (as a character) was never even vaguely close to being popular in almost any regard (she was not even that big with rule 34). Her game did relatively well and it was largely forgotten until Nintendo shenanigans. If she did indeed legitimately win, I still wholeheartedly believe it was an erroneous victory. People were, in that case, clearly laughing at the prospect of sneaking T&A into Smash Brothers. The fact that she was considered "viable" is laughable and quite frankly that word could have meant anything. Because again, I am not saying that she robbed anyone in particular of a victory. I am merely asserting that there is no way she a legitimate winner. I do not even mind that she is in the game. I LOVE her. I am just confused, if hack and slash fans were so hot for her, why not Dante? He already appeared in two other cross-over games and the inspiration is clearly there. Obviously he would come to mind far sooner than she would unless you were ready to do something naughty before going to bed. It just does not add up, mate.

As far as I am concerned, you believe what you want to believe and I am going to do the same.
To be honest, I don't know that it matters much at this point.

She's in the game, and is for all intents and purposes a great character. We should celebrate the fact that we have Bayonetta, and continue to advocate for characters we want in addition to Bayonetta. That's what I say!

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
King K.Rool and Ridley have always been big community choices. If you move outside that community, however, they aren't necessarily as big. Those are the people who might hear about the Smash Ballot and then go vote for a character. This is likely how Bayonetta won.
Sakurai confirmed that Ridley was a generally highly requested character, so you can't use the "vocal minority argument" against him.

I thought that the way they worded it was Bayonetta was the highest voted viable character, as in there were others above her but they couldn't get in for one reason or another.
Yup, they confirmed she was the number 1 choice among "realizable characters", coming top 5 in the US with that ranking including veterans.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
To be honest, I don't know that it matters much at this point.

She's in the game, and is for all intents and purposes a great character. We should celebrate the fact that we have Bayonetta, and continue to advocate for characters we want in addtiion to Bayonetta. That's what I say!
Of course, it never really mattered to me in the first place. I just believe that in that context, from my lens, while the Smash Ballot will be taken into consideration for this Switch game, there are always going to other criteria and it will just be a mitigating factor for character decisions rather than a be all, end all sort of tool.

Meh. The competitive community hates her. As far as I am aware, a lot of people would prefer her to be removed. I doubt it will happen, but she has mixed reception to say the least.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
New Mechanic: Smash Switch

Characters can use a tag-team move to switch to another character. For example: Mario can toss his hat (Cappy) out in front of him. If he misses, he still switches into the next character in line. But if hits, Cappy rests on the opponents head (giving them a mustache) and has them spin in place so the tag-team character gets a free hit.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'd like to see :4kirby:'s specials finally changed, mainly to make him more usable. His specials could be:
  • Side: Wheel/Laser
  • Up: Tornado/Jet
  • Down: Ice/Spark
Kirby could still be using more iconic Copy Abilities, but they'd be more viable. Also, this isn't going to happen, but he could use Whip as a tether grab.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even if Ridley doesn't make it in again he better ****ing not be a Pyrosphere hazard again, Pyrosphere makes him look like a cowardly submissive lapdog and is incredibly hypocritical as Sakurai said he wasn't playable because otherwise he'd be out of character or something like that

Characters can use a tag-team move to switch to another character. For example: Mario can toss his hat (Cappy) out in front of him. If he misses, he still switches into the next character in line. But if hits, Cappy rests on the opponents head (giving them a mustache) and has them spin in place so the tag-team character gets a free hit.
I agree with this on one condition: Samus Shinesparks her way in, causing the opponent to violently shake when getting hit. Shinespark should be in the game in some way

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Morbi

Scavenger
I doubt this was due to any fan influence though. Splatoon is arguably Nintendo’s biggest franchise since Animal Crossing, so it makes since that they would add a character ASAP.
To be fair, ASAP would have been DLC in the last game. I guess Mii Costumes were good enough for short notice because let's be real, the Inkling's move-set is going to be bonkers. I have no idea how they are going to adapt the ink diving mechanic into their kit.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We're back at it huh? So happy that hype is in full swing again, haven't felt this way in a long time.

Gonna be honest, not a huge Bayo guy but there's no use dwelling in the past. She's here now and imo she's here to stay, Bayonetta is more relevant to Nintendo than ever with 3 on the horizon. I do think Bayo was selected at least partially due to her profitability, which was a good compromise with her popularity in mind as well. Seems like that's what most of the selections are based on in general so it's not all that surprising to me.

Fledge

Smash Cadet
I don't like assuming what a particular person or company is doing unless sources are provided. Business is a whole another realm to me. Like I said before, we don't know how long this title has been in development for, so it could have started any time after Sm4sh released for the Wii U.
Well I frankly doubt that. The game at the time was developed by Bandai Namco, and they were performing analysis for balance patches and staggered releases of new DLC character/stage releases upwards over a year after the fact. Before when Sakurai was opposed to DLC he even stated that "Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people", so it's doubtful that all those resources could work split up assuming they were developing the DLC and new game concurrently.

I think you have a misconception about how Cappy works in Super Mario Odyssey. Cappy's eyes can appear AND disappear at will in that game, allowing the player to see the cap's base design in full. Usually, Cappy's eyes will appear when Mario goes idle for a certain amount of time or when Mario throws his cap.
I realize Cappy's eyes don't always appear in the game, my emphasis is that in the reveal trailer you don't see Cappy's eyes. It doesn't make sense to me that when Odyssey is their biggest and most successful Switch game featuring their star mascot character they wouldn't tease Cappy's inclusion in this new Smash game if it were completely new, but they WOULD show Link from BotW when that was a launch title for the Switch. I would expect that highlighting Cappy would be a far more important priority to them from a financial standpoint than BotW Link is what I'm saying.

Again, you are making assumptions without source material to back it up. Super Mario Odyssey being developed in tandem with this new Smash title has nothing to do with character revamps or new designs not getting in considering Link himself got a new design for the trailer. We don't know how long Nintendo has been working on this title.
And by own character, do you mean BotW Link having his own slot on the roster next to TP Link and WW Link? Because if so, I find that unlikely and unnecessary considering Link consistently has had one Adult version and one Kid version to represent him for the past 3 Smash games. I doubt Link would have 2 Adult clones, if that's what you're implying. BotW Link will be the new Adult Link this time around, and his "clone" character remains to be seen.
BotW released at launch of the Switch, but keep in mind that it was ALSO released for the Wii U and was originally developed and designed for the Wii U before Nintendo realized it needed to abandon the failing system and focus on the Switch. So by the time Sakurai was working on his new project in 2016, BotW was already pretty much done and could be confidently incorporated into this Smash for Switch game. Compare that to Odyssey which was still in development and only recently released in late October, just 4 months ago, and I think the project timeline lines up reasonably.

Again, you should probably provide evidence from Nintendo's official statements or even a news site/page if you're going to be saying this sort of stuff. I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but we really don't know how long Nintendo has been working on this title.
As for speculation on when development on this game started, online journal Source Gaming has been following and translating Masahiro Sakurai interviews in Famitsu for a long while and they confirmed back in November 2016 that he was starting on a new project, which he hasn't talked about until now. If you follow their Youtube channel or podcasts you would have heard about this, it is obscure information.

http://realotakugamer.com/masahiro-sakurai-working-on-a-new-project

Source Gaming also has a very in-depth discussion about the timeline and the port-new game question in their recent video here, definitely worth a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk0ird-i7Gg

Source material, please. Anything to back up what you're saying here about Nintendo's business practices being similar to that of shady game companies.
You're making it sound like Nintendo's desperate for a cash grab on a franchise that has done really well over the course of two decades and has consistently made it on every Nintendo console (excluding handhelds) released. I don't believe Nintendo would act this sloppy with a franchise that puts many of their beloved Nintendo characters in the spotlight, especially at this point. Sure, they can reuse assets and mechanics from the previous game (like they did with Brawl to Sm4sh), but to try to hype up a mere port when cashgrabs like Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, and Hyrule Warriors already exist? It doesn't make sense to me.
I'm not saying that Nintendo is a shady company or is desperate for a cash grab, I'm saying that they don't want to make a cash grab, they're a very conservative Japanese company that is conscientious about their brand image and have always been careful not to offend their customers. During the release of DLC for Smash 4 they were careful and in fact Masahiro Sakurai initially opposed DLC and told players not to expect any saying "I understand that DLC could add a lot to the appeal of Smash Bros... However, I think there might be criticism that we are cutting up content to sell characters one by one, or that we are adding things later that should have been there from the start.", and those concerns were well justified considering how many fans did negatively react to the DLC, and I think Nintendo probably wanted to be very careful about a port of Smash 4 to Switch because so many people spent so much money on the game, the $100+ DLC and the failed Wii U system itself. So they've added as much new value as they could to the base Wii U game to make it worth people's while and not feel like they're being robbed for buying the same game all over again. I'm not saying that they're being sloppy at all but very deliberate to show the game is not a "mere port", but for all practical purposes new even though it's the same base game.

I think we have to keep in mind that unlike other ports like Mario Kart, Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors there's a huge competitive Smash community that will always need to play the latest version of the game, so making an enhanced port that requires a new system and would likely come with its own set of DLC would necessarily be a more sensitive topic to broach. I mean just look around, it's clear that everyone would be disappointed if it were "just" a port. If it is a port they HAVE to be careful about how they play their cards.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

TBQH, I'd love a tag team mechanic on this game, allowing us to pick two characters for the battle. Though I guess that'd turn the game bit to Mahvel, and IDK if this series will be seen taken such a direction. Still, I'd wanna explore team-up combos with some chars I play in the series.

Bayo I'm indifferent on aside from maybe tier-related peeves now and then - but I think her addition to the game did more good than bad for Smash 4's cast, due her highly vivid flair that only could come from Hideki Kamiya's handiwork. ;)

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, I'd rather Sakurai choose the newcomers himself instead of just going through the top requests of SSB4's Smash ballot. It's no fun if we don't get a few surprises here and there, and while I don't always agree with who he chooses, he does a great job of adding unique characters that we normally never would have given a second thought. I never even knew I wanted Rosalina to be a puppet style character until I saw her reveal trailer.

I doubt this was due to any fan influence though. Splatoon is arguably Nintendo’s biggest franchise since Animal Crossing, so it makes since that they would add a character ASAP.
Splatoon 2 is one of Japan's only home console games within the decade to sell over two million copies. Nintendo was adding 'em regardless of whether or not we wanted them.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Honestly, I'd rather Sakurai choose the newcomers himself instead of just going through the top requests of SSB4's Smash ballot. It's no fun if we don't get a few surprises here and there, and while I don't always agree with who he chooses, he does a great job of adding unique characters that we normally never would have given a second thought. I never even knew I wanted Rosalina to be a puppet style character until I saw her reveal trailer.
A good balanced mix between Ballot choices and curveballs is what is most ideal. Brawl had a lot of popular newcomers, but it also had it's own curveballs.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Splatoon 2 is one of Japan's only home console games within the decade to sell over two million copies. Nintendo was adding 'em regardless of whether or not we wanted them.
Honestly after we get Springman anyone's a surprise to me

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If I had to guess the game started out as a port, but Nintendo not wanting to mess things up like they did with Wii U releases, pushed the game back and let Sakurai continue adding to the game. At the very least I think more will be reused assets from the previous game than any other entry in the series. Splatoon 2 vs. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I guess.
I highly doubt it started as a port or that port was ever on the cards. It's not like they were months in and said "Welp, lets just make a new game instead." It would be incredibly inefficient. More likely they decided it was a new title from the onset. It will be based on the Wii U game, but the same was true of Brawl and Smash 4.

I think the problem is everyone has port on the brain from the fake rumors pushed by Laura Dale, Emily Rogers and Liam Robertson. They all claimed that Smash 4 would be a port (something I said from the outset wouldn't happen). When they all were proven wrong, no one questioned the rumors they spread. It was just assumed that Smash would get a port because OF COURSE there will be a port. You can partially blame the many news outlets for failing to follow up on these, especially GameXplain who made a video about every single rumor that Laura tweeted.

There is no reason to think the team changed their mind halfway through. More likely it was always a new game. Just everyone has port on the brain.

I agree with your sentiment wholeheartedly, I truly do; however, there are so few relevant Nintendo characters left. Inklings and Arms are given, because they are new IP. Even a Xenoblade 2 character is about as obvious as it gets. That being said, that is practically all that has happened since the last smash and tons of people seemed to have dropped the whole "we need Isaac and King. K. Rool" spiel and more people just feel as though Sakurai is more or less incapable of creating Ridely. Hell, I believe a Metroid Prime 4 character might technically be more likely.

So, while I do not want half a dozen third-party characters, I also wanted notable characters and third-party is realistically the only way to do that.
I've always disagreed with this idea that there have to be third party characters because there are no Nintendo characters left. I wrote an article back when I wrote for Source Gaming on the numerous characters they could include. To illustrate, here are a few characters they could add (though I won't say I think they will be in).

• Inkling
  • Spring Man
  • Ribbon Girl (clone)
  • Takamaru
  • Chorus Men
  • Henry Flemming (Codename STEAM; probably wont happen but its a more recent IS game. Here for argument purposes)
  • Sherrif (or some other super retro character)
  • Toad
  • Champion(s) from BoTW
  • K Rool
  • Slippy (probably with an Engineer playstyle based on Star Fox Guard)
  • Decidueye
  • A new FE Lord (especially with the mobile game)
  • Isabelle
  • Rex & Pyra
So there you go. A 15 character roster with a decent mix of characters with most of them being in Nintendo's most recent games. There are probably some you could add or take away, and there is always the prospect that there are some games we don't know that could find their way into Smash. The point though is to show that you don't need guest characters to have a good roster.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I think Inkling was probably pretty high up the ballot list, but yeah, they would've made it in Smash Switch regardless.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Imagin if inklings were the only starting characters in the roster and you have to unlock everyone throughout a story mode and there is no new announcement until smash switch gets released would you be ok with that?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've always disagreed with this idea that there have to be third party characters because there are no Nintendo characters left. I wrote an article back when I wrote for Source Gaming on the numerous characters they could include. To illustrate, here are a few characters they could add (though I won't say I think they will be in).

• Inkling
  • Spring Man
  • A new FE Lord (especially with the mobile game)
Her argument was that third party characters aren't always expected and can cause hype because they're unexpected and you're listing Inkling and Springman as arguments against that you dumdum
Imagin if inklings were the only starting characters in the roster and you have to unlock everyone throughout a story mode and there is no new announcement until smash switch gets released would you be ok with that?
That is the worst ****ing marketing idea I've heard since "Nobody remembers the X-Men"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This might come across as stupid, but I really want to know how you guys interpreted this.

Is BotW Link (separate character) the first official deconfirmed character we have?

I know the trailer didn't specify if this was Link's new look or just an alt, but it seems very unlikely that they would show us a second newcomer off to the side like that.

That is the worst ****ing marketing idea I've heard since "Nobody remembers the X-Men"
Nobody remembers the Ice Climbers. :troll:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Henry Fleming is my ultimate pipe dream character. Codename: S.T.E.A.M sold like hot garbage, but I loved it. One of my favorite 3DS games.

I hope he at least gets an assist trophy or something!

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly this was true until Melee brought them in Smash because Ice Climbers was a bad game that nobody played
Ironically, their obscurity did kinda play a part in their absence in SSB4. Sakurai didn't feel like wasting time trying to fix them, and since they were less popular than other characters, he found it easier to just cut them.

But I can't say too much about the ice duo's obscurity. Smash was how I learned about Kid Icarus and Xenoblade.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
This might come across as stupid, but I really want to know how you guys interpreted this.

Is BotW Link (separate character) the first official deconfirmed character we have?

I know the trailer didn't specify if this was Link's new look or just an alt, but it seems very unlikely that they would show us a second newcomer off to the side like that.

Nobody remembers the Ice Climbers. :troll:
It's either an alternate costume or the new Link entirely. My guess is that it is the new Link entirely.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ironically, their obscurity did kinda play a part in their absence in SSB4. Sakurai didn't feel like wasting time trying to fix them, and since they were less popular than other characters, he found it easier to just cut them.

But I can't say too much about the ice duo's obscurity. Smash was how I learned about Kid Icarus and Xenoblade.
There wasn't really any way to get them to work without losing the whole roster parity he wanted between Wii U and 3ds.
Even then we don't know if 8-Player Smash could have proved difficult with 8 pairs of Ice Climbers seeing as even the likes of WFT had to have their bones altered in order to work properly in that mode.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Honestly this was true until Melee brought them in Smash because Ice Climbers was a bad game that nobody played
Ice Climbers was one of those games that played a role in the early history of the NES and as a simple Arcade style game for the time it was probably an acceptable game in the same vain as the original Mario Bros. game was. A piece of interesting history and nothing more. Though by the time the Ice Climbers were introduced in Melee, the original game was unlikely to appeal to any modern audience even at that point. The game simply did not age well like other Arcade classics from the 80s did.

There wasn't really any way to get them to work without losing the whole roster parity he wanted between Wii U and 3ds.
Even then we don't know if 8-Player Smash could have proved difficult with 8 pairs of Ice Climbers seeing as even the likes of WFT had to have their bones altered in order to work properly in that mode.

This is probably the most realistic reason. The game has to keep track of all characters and the Ice Climbers basically doubled the memory requirements per character slot for the system to keep track of. With 16 of them in 8 player mode, I image it was very problematic even with the Wii U have more memory then the 3DS did.

Last edited:
NNID
Samyatang
Wow, I can't believe the hype train is already back on the tracks. Haven't been active on these boards in forever, but it felt like a time not too long ago when we were just speculating DLC. Now we're back at again with possibly (?) a new game.
However, you guys better believe that there is going to be bloodshed over this game. (Hypothetically, I hope.) Some people are already ripping each other to shreds on the subject of whether this is a port or not, and that's not even including character speculation.

Buckle up. This is going to be a wild ride.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
2018 release date means we'll probably see far more batches of veterans revealed all at once. This saves a lot of heartache!

Regarding Zelda characters, I don't REALLY think one Champion stands much out from the other. They are all important, and none is more important story-wise than the others. So if you gonna add one, they better add them all. Personally, I think Link and Zelda will get slight Special moveset revamps, Toon Link will definitely stay, and am not 100% sure of the return of Sheik or Ganondorf.

They seemed to benefit a lot from Twilight Princess having designs for them (they didn't do as much as a thing but change Ganondorf's F Tilt from his appearance in Twilight Princess so...). Plus, Sheik and Ganondorf haven't been mainstays in the franchise. Or they are gonna use Hyrule Warriors as a base for them, which makes Impa as a newcomer all the more likely.

So what I think / hope will happen for the Zelda Roster for Smash Switch:

Link: with a new Side B based on the Boomerang weapons of BOTW, and Remote Bombs as Down B plus a far more adaptable / flexable way of using his Bow & Arrows (aerial shots finally?). I am kinda stressed out how they are gonna handle the Master Sword however </3

Zelda: She could utalise either the Champion's abilities all at once or use a few of the Sheikah Slate abilities. Her classic moveset is sooo underwhelming with being nearly useless 2 times in a row, it's definitely needed. Plus she's 100% sure of using a BOTW design due to Link having it, and her being the only other character on the Smash roster who's acutally in the game.

Toon Link: virtually unchanged.

Ganondorf: I cannot see Ganondorf in a BOTW-design. Sorry not sorry. It's not gonna work for him, unless they say, making him 'Calamity Ganondorf', which would be lame and am 100% sure Calamity Ganon is gonna make a different sort of appearance anyhow. I suspect a moveset change inspired by Hyrule Warriors, but without a weapon. Instead he'll infuse his arms with magical powers like he does with certain moves in Hyrule Warriors.

Sheik: She could potentially have a BOTW-inspired outfit, but a shoehorned one. I think she'll be a lower priority character. If she returns, I think she'lll be unchanged.

Impa: I think they'll choose Impa as a newcomer with Sheikah Slate abilities and either a BOTW-design based on Paya, or completely Hyrule Warriors inspired. It mostly depends on what they are gonna do with Zelda, moveset-wise. And if Sheik returns or not.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I just hope Ice Climbers make it into Smash Switch.
With no 3DS version this time around the only limitation I could see is if the 8-player matches system returned. I am not familiar with the infrastructure differences between the Wii U and the Switch to determine if such a thing would return or if there would be any issues with it.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It's definitely a new Link, and not a clone of the previous Link or something like that.
:link64::linkmelee::link2::4link:
If you look at the patterns with Link's design changes from his OoT look to TP look over the course of the 4 Smash games, this makes sense considering they want to show us the most modern and recent version of Adult Link. Perhaps this design will remain into Smash 6 as well if Nintendo keeps this pattern up, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Impa: I think they'll choose Impa as a newcomer with Sheikah Slate abilities and either a BOTW-design based on Paya, or completely Hyrule Warriors inspired. It mostly depends on what they are gonna do with Zelda, moveset-wise. And if Sheik returns or not.
Why would they do that if they have to jump through those hoops just to make sure Impa isn't a tiny old lady in this game? Besides, we all know they aren't getting rid of Sheik

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
2018 release date means we'll probably see far more batches of veterans revealed all at once. This saves a lot of heartache!
I really hope we get a lot of veterans confirmed in groups. While some characters are pretty much guaranteed, it would be nice to clear up who's coming back. (plus, maybe we could get some newcomers confirmed at the same time, like DIddy's return being shown with the addition of Dixie or K. Rool)

I'm hoping that anyone who's been in two games is a lock from this point onward, and hopefully we get back as many Smash 4 veterans as possible. (I'd especially want the third party characters to be confirmed sooner rather than later, given the general uncertainty that tends to surround them)

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
It's definitely a new Link, and not a clone of the previous Link or something like that.
:link64::linkmelee::link2::4link:
If you look at the patterns with Link's design changes from his OoT look to TP look over the course of the 4 Smash games, this makes sense considering they want to show us the most modern and recent version of Adult Link. Perhaps this design will remain into Smash 6 as well if Nintendo keeps this pattern up, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
I’m irrationally excited for the hope of Link getting to be more agile and less clunky this time around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom