• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
King K. Rool is number one on SourceGaming's poll.
View attachment 147544
Here's the direct link to the full results as well for those interested: https://sourcegaming.info/2018/06/10/mega-smash-poll-switch-results/

Pretty nice snapshot into what the internet fanbase wants/is thinking about. Some of these aren't too surprising like Rex/Pyra and Bomberman, but it is interesting to see how some of these characters stack up like Waluigi (who I don't think many expected to be the second most wanted on a poll like this) or Shovel Knight (who while he was popular, beat out other much more talked about third party characters like Banjo and Rayman). It kind of goes to show that even within our own community, there are characters with stronger fanbases then we give them credit for.

Last edited:

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
So there's been quite a bit of rumbling on Microsoft announcing some sort of a partnership with Nintendo. There's the Minecraft presence in Smash that Vergeben mentioned, and the Akira Ni****ani leak had Banjo in it (although I'm inclined to not believe that leak). Even just today, there was a post on 4chan of a listing on Amazon Mexico of Bayonetta 3 for the Xbox One, but it's my understanding that the listing has since changed.

So there's a lot of noise surrounding this. It's likely just that, noise, but there's a chance it could turn out to be something.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool is number one on SourceGaming's poll.
View attachment 147544
Watch less than half of this list actually make it into the game.

Still, there's only a 20 vote gap between K. Rool and Waluigi.....that's surreal.....
As someone who's wanted Waluigi since Brawl, it's ironic to me that NOW people are really pushing for him at a point where I've pretty much given up all hope of him ever being promoted to a playable fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
this is just something small i noticed as a toad fan but they didn't combine votes for captain toad and toad, CT got 151 votes and IDK how many Toad got they didn't say but Impa got 154 and Takamaru got 161 and I'm willing to bet that Toad got more than 11 votes. Captain Toad should really be on here. to say he's not in the top 20 most requested is wrong
Toad had 79 votes. If you combine the two you get 230 total votes which would land in 16th place (4 votes higher than Geno).

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Guys, I have a fresh new leak:

I've just been told with an 100% of certainty by my most credible and legitimate Nintendo insider, that this place will crash next Tuesday. I swear.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Guys, I have a fresh new leak:

I've just been told with an 100% of certainty by my most credible and legitimate Nintendo insider, that this place will crash next Tuesday. I swear.
I can safely say this person’s leak is 100% accurate.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Gamexplain made a video about Ridley in Smash. Some food for thought as we wait for the direct.

Atleast they did Ridley correctly but the other 2 they did wrong (captain toad, bandana dee.)

Although they failed to mention the argument on sakurai statement after ridleys reveal in smash 4
But they would mention it was 4 years ago and sakurai has had a change of heart before this happened with villager and PAC-Man

D

Deleted member

this is just something small i noticed as a toad fan but they didn't combine votes for captain toad and toad, CT got 151 votes and IDK how many Toad got they didn't say but Impa got 154 and Takamaru got 161 and I'm willing to bet that Toad got more than 11 votes. Captain Toad should really be on here. to say he's not in the top 20 most requested is wrong
Because votes for Toad aren't necessarily votes for Captain Toad.
You can't just arbitrarily combine votes for two separate concepts just so the one you want scores higher on some list.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
We just talked about it, Hungrybox despite being a baby got a VIP pass for E3 from Nintendo
ohhh i pop in and out of these threads and just comment on the most recent topic lol my bad, reading sure is fundamental :laugh:
Atleast they did Ridley correctly but the other 2 they did wrong (captain toad, bandana dee.)

Although they failed to mention the argument on sakurai statement after ridleys reveal in smash 4
But they would mention it was 4 years ago and sakurai has had a change of heart before this happened with villager and PAC-Man
what did they do wrong about captain toad? his moveset about emptying is backpack and it changing his weight class and how Toad plays doesn't sound bad, it sounds pretty fun actually

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I have to say, I hadn't thought of it before Vergeben's leak, but the thought of Simon Belmont and Castlevania representation being in Smash is such a cool idea to me that I'm actually going to be kind of disappointed now if it doesn't happen.

I guess it's my own fault for putting too much consideration in to his leak. I still think it's the most likely leak though, not that that means too much.

D

Deleted member

Then watch as people decry Sakurai for hating "his loyal passionate true fans" and make Change.org petitions to remove characters.

I can't find the clip by itself, but it's basically my thoughts on this.
At 1:03 if the vid doesn't take you right to it.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that would much rather have a cool legendary pokemon than just a starter?

I just think it will be so much cooler to have an unique legendary Pokemon than to just have another starter.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea who that is.
Hungrybox is a competitive Smash player who's known for being a Puff main in Melee. He's also rather childish
I have to say, I hadn't thought of it before Vergeben's leak, but the thought of Simon Belmont and Castlevania representation being in Smash is such a cool idea to me that I'm actually going to be kind of disappointed now if it doesn't happen.

I guess it's my own fault for putting too much consideration in to his leak. I still think it's the most likely leak though, not that that means too much.
I'm not going to be disappointed because I expect it won't happen either way

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Because votes for Toad aren't necessarily votes for Captain Toad.
You can't just arbitrarily combine votes for two separate concepts just so the one you want scores higher on some list.
Toad had 79 votes so even if half of them are exclusively for Toad and not Captain Toad then CT would have still made the top 20.

Considering how the two are essentially the same character and how a lot of the people who support CT use basic Toad + CT's arsenal, similar to people who support classic Toad do that, yes, I can combine their votes as it's only a very small minority who support only one version of Toad and not both.

Regardless Captain Toad had 3 less votes than Impa who was 20th so considering that 79 people voted for Toad then it's obvious that he's at least on Impa's level of popularity/wantedness and in the top 20.. That's the point I was making and that's the point that cannot be denied.

Zeox

Smash Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOReeA4N8o

*thinks Mecha-Ridley is actually Ridley*
Sigh...

I don't think they really covered the main argument of proportions... what do you guys think?

s/o to GX for being ballsy enough to upload this

EDIT: Greninja'd
And they say there has been only 2 ridleys, but pretty sure the Ridley from Metroid Fusion was a Ridley clone made by the parasite X.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm wondering, what if at E3 theyannounce tha from now until launch they'll reveal new character every month on SmashBros.com?

That'd be hecka hype

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Ridley's always been fairly large but the one thing people don't really talk about is his wing size varies so heavily from game to game. His wings were massive in Other M, and I swear Smash 4 made them even bigger, but many of his other appearances they aren't that big. They're really small in Super Metroid, Zero Mission I feel they're pretty much perfect. In Fusion they're extremely tiny.

Oh, make Fusion Ridley playable. Every time he's hit he screeches at the top of his lungs.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Hungrybox is a competitive Smash player who's known for being a Puff main in Melee. He's also rather childish

I'm not going to be disappointed because I expect it won't happen either way
I feel this way with any rumor or 'leak' that involves Ridley. Been let down too many times that the best approach is to expect nothing, hope for something.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
I'm surprised you've never heard of HBox despite being in the Smash community. He's a pro player known to be a Jigglypuff main in Melee (always uses the palette swap with the green bandana), he faced off against Reggie at E3 2015
Yeah, I've only recently tried getting into the Smash competitive scene, most names and personalities are completely unknown to me. Hope you guys are patient enough about it.
The only guys from the professional scene I know are Zero, Plup, Mang0 and a couple others.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
To be honest the only 2 Nintendo newcomers left that could realistically cause a meltdown are Ridley and K Rool. Smash’s promotion relies on the hype we create, so I genuinely believe that one or both are going to make it this time.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Am I the only one that would much rather have a cool legendary pokemon than just a starter?

I just think it will be so much cooler to have an unique legendary Pokemon than to just have another starter.
Tbh I’d really like an Ultra Beast, and Poipole’s the one that makes the most sense to me since Ash now has one. I don’t think it’s likely but I can always hope

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be honest the only 2 Nintendo newcomers left that could realistically cause a meltdown are Ridley and K Rool. Smash’s promotion relies on the hype we create, so I genuinely believe that one or both are going to make it this time.
Well considering the whole Vergeben stuff him being proved right or wrong would cause meltdowns
I feel this way with any rumor or 'leak' that involves Ridley. Been let down too many times that the best approach is to expect nothing, hope for something.
Oh I'm just doing that for any leak, not even just for Smash

D

Deleted member

Considering how the two are essentially the same character
That's the problem. They really aren't.
They really wouldn't have the same kind of fighting style, and one represents the more common depiction of Toads throughout the franchise while the other represents a particular Toad with his own spin-off and gimmick.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think Smash needs an English-speaking Internet forum to promote itself.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Well considering the whole Vergeben stuff him being proved right or wrong would cause meltdowns

Oh I'm just doing that for any leak, not even just for Smash
You're a wiser head than many, then myself included. I can't help myself getting excited for leaks, it's just the ones that include Ridley I almost always dismiss.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm wondering, what if at E3 theyannounce tha from now until launch they'll reveal new character every month on SmashBros.com?

That'd be hecka hype
That'd be ****in' amazing. Knowing that we'd have something to look forward to every month? I'd be down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom