• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash trivia

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This statement is also false. Mario is actually Luigi's brother!
*points at the word trivia*

Here's My Trivia Questions. Note some of these are ridiculous. Actually, a lot of them are, and a lot require A TON of smashboards and smash bros. competitive scene knowledge, as well as a lot of smash bros. knowledge in general. So yeah-good luck! ;)

1. Mario's nAir can kill Peach a 150% if you hit the "sweetspot".

2. Mario can kill Peach at 400% with his up B.

3. Meta Knight is voiced by the same person who does the voice of the guy who opens the Metroid Prime title theme and Metroid (Zebes) Main Theme.

4. Toon Link's Final Smashes' Range is half of that of Link's.

5. Toon Link is high tier.

6. Superboom is the best smash 64 player in the world.

7. At the top of Captain Falcon's up B's momentum he lets out a tiny punch.

8. Show Me Your News has aired 42 "episodes" when I first posted this.

9. There was once a "kirby kid for Brawl" topic.

10. There were over 100,000 Smashboards accounts created at the time of this post.

11. Wiseguy's Brawl character prediction thread was the most posted (behind McFox's) on and most viewed character prediction thread.

12. The person who made smash boards ("Gideon") was 13 when he made the "Smash World [Forums]."

13. The "Smash World" was made in 1999?

14. Smash Wiki was made in 2008 to organize data for Brawl originally, and follow the millions of wikis for different things craze.

15. Show Me Your News' first episode was made in the summer of 2007.

16. Ken invented the Ken Combo.

17. Ken's first big tournament and tournament win was at "Game Over."

18. The first "major" smash bros. tournament ever (which Ken won and first showed the world "the Ken combo) was called "Tournament Go4".

19. Isai coined the term "shine".

20. Nealdt created All is Brawl and tio.

21. Matt Deezie-the Godfather of the Smash Bros. Competitive scene-is currently "retired" from smash.

22. "The Smashboards Podcast" has currently had only 5 episodes.

23. "The Smashboards Podcast" ran from 2006-2007.

24. Isai mains Captain Falcon and Shiek, and secondaries Falco.

25. Isai is seen as the best Sheik Melee player in the world.

Bonus 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee is currently (at the time of this post) the best-selling fighting game of all-time.

Bonus 2: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (at the time of this post) has sold over 6 million units.

Bonus 3: I was a member of over 10 Brawl "character support groups".

Bonus 4: The "Smash World Forums" were made in 2002?

Bonus 5: I am currently (at the time of this post) the only person on Gideons' "friend list" on Smashboards right now.

Answers to my trivia question (select and scroll to reveal goodness; BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!):

False. It's actually around 200%

True. I think it starts around 350% or so.

True. His name is Bob Woodward, and he also voices Wolf.

True. Link's can cover all of Final Destination, whilst Toon Link's only covers half of Final Destination.

False. Toon Link is one spot below high tier, or the highest ranked mid tier character, if you will.

False. He's the best player in Canada, and is arguably the 2nd best smasher 64 player in the world. Isai is hands down the best smash 64 player in the world.

False. Ganondorf does that (which does 1% if I'm not mistaken), whilst Captain Falcon does not).

False. It has only aired 40 "episodes" when I first posted this.

False. There was a Mic for Brawl topic and if I'm not mistaken a McFox for Brawl topic, but never a kirby kid for Brawl topic. Speaking of which, what in the name of Smash happened to McFox=??? o_O

True. The exact number was 131,579 the lasttime I refreshed it. That makes Smashboads the biggest smash bros. site, hands down, no competition, with no other site anywhere near as close.

True. McFox's was the most viewed and most posted on until about June or so when Wiseguy's thread went from dead two months ago to brand spanking new and alive, and got A TON of momentum, and passed up McFox's thread in posts, and a couple weeks later in views. I even made a video or two, in which I partially dedicate them to Wiseguy. Speaking of which, I miss that old Wiseguy. Hope he comes back in a few years for SSB4 speculation. That'll be the day! :D

That is a true statement.

The said statement is true. After Smash World the Smash World Melee page was made.You can go look them up on these boards now if you want proof, or simply look it up on smash wiki.

False. Smash Wiki was made in 2006 if I'm not mistaken, and was first announced on "The Smash Boards Podcast" back in 2006.

True. It was recorded pre-E3, with the 2nd being recorded post-E3. Episode 1 was titled "Pre-E3", whilst Episode 2 was titled "Post-E3".

True. If you got this one wrong you are a dumb a**.

False. The tournament Ken first won and entered is the answer the to next question. "Game Over" was his 4th tournament win.

True. It today is seen as the birth of the modern competitive scene, was Ken's first tournament and tournament win, and started a gigantic movement that many of us are a part of today. It also brought smashboards to a more mainstream audience and whatnot, and made smashboards what it is today.

False. Matt Deezie coined the term (the Godfather of smash bros. tournies who hosted "Tournament Go4", amongst others), along with "Sex Kick" and "Chain Throw" (and somewhat inspired the term "Chain Grab").

True. All is Brawl is now the biggest smash bros. tournament hosting site, whilst tio and it's prgrams runs tournies, and make it simpler (and from what I hear fun) to run tournaments.

Sadly that is true. He "retired" 4 years ago in 2004. However, he handled smash tournies very professionally, brining smashers a world away over to have the best smash bros. competitions possible. He was and always be a legend of smash. He deserves a 9,0001 Gamecube controller and Melee copy salute for his greatness. God bless him...and his awesomeness! :D Always...and I MEAN ALWAYS REMEMBER THE MATT DEEZIE FOR HIS GREATNESS!!!

False. It has sadly gotten only 4 episodes. MAN THAT THEME SONG IS CATCHY! XD

True. The first 3 episodes aired in 2006, whilst the last in 2007 if I'm not mistaken. The last one aired a while before E3. "Show Me Your News"' creation and "better format" is seen as a reason for it's ending, along with the toughness of getting 3 guys who aren't used to doing a podcast on a certain time period/scale/whatever (I know how that feels), and having to live up to that pressure. Plus SMYN. Youko is too good.

False. He secondaries Fox. After all, ALL OF US USE FOX, whether we know it or not! XD Also, I mispelled Sheik on purpose! XD

False. He is seen as the best Captain Falcon Melee player in the world, the best SSB64 player in the world (with every character), the best Melee team player in the world, and is currently the 7th highest rated Melee player in the world.

Bonus 1:
True. Melee is the best-selling fighting game of all-time, selling about 7.10 million units, and Brawl is set to surpasss it.

Bonus 2:
False. At the time of this post the last reports of Brawl sales were about 5.25 million units.

Bonus 3:
False. I was a member of no more then 5-7 of the said Brawl character support groups.

Bonus 4:
False. They were made in 2001 if I am not mistaken.

Bonus 5:
False. I am the only known person to offer him a friend's request. He currently (at the time of this post) has no friends, sadly. C'MON PEOPLE! SHOW THE MAN SOME LOVE! Seriously though-add me as a friend, all of you. It makes you cooler (and vice versa! :D). Spread the love to our main man Gideon right here with a friend's request and a nice comment >>> smashboards.com/member.php?u=2 (add www. in front of that, and copy and paste that!!! TELL GIDEON YOU LOVE HIM!!!).

If you got even half of those you are pro, let alone any more of them. If you got even 3-5 you are good. ;)

Yep, that's all I got...for now. The wrath of Johnknight1 may strike again...if you are unfortunate enough to be struck! MWYHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Kevin Liu

Smash Rookie
the north american version of brawl's luigi always uses fireball in negative zone.
PAL version of brawl has no shatter proof challenge windows

Top Bottom