• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Tournament Oxford, MS

SmashProJJFF

Smash Journeyman
Okay, want to play tonight? I literally haven't played more than twice in three years. I could use the practice.

Winnar

Smash Lord
We usually play in griffis, I have to make sure stuff is alright but probably sometime around 7 or 8 I think maybe?

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Ok, so my number is 662-816-9735.

I hope you guys that are coming get to the tournament at 5:30ish. If for some reason you get lost, call my number.

If we get there sooner, the sooner we can start, and the sooner we can do other things.

I really hope we can do some other tournaments, pretty much everyone has something else they would also like to do.

I think if all the MSU people come, we'd have around 10 of you guys, so that is pretty cool.

Anywho, I am going to be there at 5:30, making pools, etc. If you need directions to the Ole Miss Student Union just call, it is really easy to find though.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@JC
I'm in one of 4 places most of the time. At work, at Tupelo BJJ, home, or at Will's house.

I'm definitely up for some melee. I *might* be in Starkville Friday, as I am delivering some t-shirts I've made for a friend of mine (Nathan Lewis). If so it'd probably be best to just have a big smash get together with Winnar.

Winnar

Smash Lord
@jc
I'm In One Of 4 Places Most Of The Time. At Work, At Tupelo Bjj, Home, Or At Will's House.

I'm Definitely Up For Some Melee. I *might* Be In Starkville Friday, As I Am Delivering Some T-shirts I've Made For A Friend Of Mine (nathan Lewis). If So It'd Probably Be Best To Just Have A Big Smash Get Together With Winnar.
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ps pwn bros I'm gonna pm you my number so just call or text or whatever, we're pretty much good to play some melee in an hour

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
i dunno who this 'you everybody' fellow is, but he's going down. in teams. only.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
First off, thanks for coming everyone.

20 people were there.

That was a lot of fun, that was probably the most fun I have had a tournament in a while.

I want to do this again when summer rolls around, so in May or June.
But, I am going to try and do it earlier. I wish we could have gotten a melee tournament going, but at least people got to play a **** ton of friendlies. Over the summer, I should be able to book it for the entire day, so I am going to do that next time. This time I couldn't, so that sucked.

Anywho, here are the results.

20 Entrants
2$ entry fee
Oxford, Ms

1st WTSNACKS 24$ d3/wario/sheik/fox
2nd Cyner 12$ Link/samus
3rd Sanga 4$ marth/fox
4th Winnar captain falcon
5th Captain Wakka captain falcon
6th Metro Knight Link
6th Moof Wolf
6th JcPwn Marth

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9194

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I know people were probably "WTF" when I didn't show. I passed along to Cyner when he called what went down, but for those of you who didn't hear it, here goes:

I was working till 9:15 Friday getting those t-shirts done for work. I basically just went home and slept after that. I decided to myself Saturday morning that if Tony (Clink) didn't call me then I was gonna sit this one out. I really didn't feel like getting all the stuff together and driving down there to play a game that would get me more mentally fatigued, even if it was fun. I also knew that I had to deliver the shirts Sunday (which I'm about to do here in a second after this post) so I just really wanted to have a chance to relax. Obviously, Tony didn't call, so I stayed behind.

@JC
The one time you do actually show up to these things after posting in it would be the time I didn't show. I'll make it up to you sometime. If you are interested in smashing every now and then, I'm down for it. I'm sure Tony is too, if he can get away from his tyrannically anti-smash/anti-competitive gaming girlfriend (which is almost certainly the reason why he didn't call me).

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
I was the guy that was there for maybe 20 minutes before anything started. Wish I could have stayed or come back, but oh well :/

Thanks to jpwn and the other guy I played for the melee friendlies.

Top Bottom