• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Till You Crash 4 (Brawl, Melee, 64, P:M) - August... - August 24th, 2013 - Montreal, QC

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
All around, counting also facebook people confirming out of smashboards, as for now, is about 30+ for melee and brawl, 15+ for 64 and 20+ for Project:M

unknown522

Some guy
I'll try.

Also, can you guys please look into the situation with the guy who hosted the recent Polybash? I'm still trying to get refunded for the pre-reg

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
I might come down

what were the entrants like for 64 last event?

Boom if we come.
It will be hype.
Lets teach the kids.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
To all thats reading...
I'm always watching.
Judging....
I'm there even when you don't know it.
You could be playing me.
I could be spectating.
I am Rudy.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
@M2K : We expect the same attendance we got for STYC2 or even more, so if you remember how it was, well it was kinda big!
For carpools, I think Nakat thought about going to this so if he finds a carpool, maybe you can fit in.
Ask him because I have no idea what they have planned yet.

Erable125

Smash Rookie
Saturday is the pools for Brawl/Melee and Sunday is the Bracket? That sucks, I can't be there on Sunday. Making the 2 biggest tournaments in 2 days is problematic...

Gonna train for P:M and 64 then... :ohwell:

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
For a big tournament like STYC4 or any big tournament like SKTAR or etc, it's always been pools on sat and bracket on sunday, it's not a new thing

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Can anyone house me? I'm looking to book my tickets sometime soon and need to find otu if I have to book a hotel sooner rather than later :(

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
^No hotel for you, you won't spend a single penny on a hotel! You housed us too many times for that to happen! We'll find you a place to stay, I'll ask my crew about it!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^No hotel for you, you won't spend a single penny on a hotel! You housed us too many times for that to happen! We'll find you a place to stay, I'll ask my crew about it!
Thanks a lot dude. :) Maybe next time, I just realized this is a 2-day event so I can't go.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Until now, I thought I was the only smash player from Ottawa...
Good to know I'm not alone!
Nah, we're mostly active on our facebook group like most smashers seem to be these days. http://www.facebook.com/groups/315598801891025/
We even have a thread on smashboards. It's pretty dead though...
http://smashboards.com/threads/ottawa-melee-monthlies.256186/

We're really small though, and a large majority of us play Melee. I do know at least one guy who's into Brawl though. We get together generally every week, so if you're interested let me know!

Anyways, I'll try to bring a small TV for the tournament if needed.

ciel~

Smash Rookie
They have a elevator inside the university? if its the case can someone in wheelchair can go in the room?

swanized

Smash Cadet
They have a elevator inside the university? if its the case can someone in wheelchair can go in the room?
I'm pretty sure university's are forced to have an elevator so yeah you should be okay

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
vpservices.concordia.ca/summerhousing

Why the hell would you host this the weekend after the university stops offering summer housing to the general public? If it was this weekend, people could rent dorm rooms for like $30 - $50 a night.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
August 24-25th was the only possibility we had so we did it on that date. This will definitely happen at Concordia University and we will confirm the exact place this weekend so no worries!

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Is it possible to play all four [singles*] events, or will they conflict with each other?

Windrose

Smash Lord
Schedule TBA.

Can we get an update on this?

This year STYC has a new host. When Pikalex hosted. Melee would always finish in Saturday so Sunday can be free. Is this still the case? Would be nice to have Sunday free to travel back to Toronto/explore Montreal (la banquise et schwartz svp)

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Yeah, I really want to know the schedule for this as well, it'll help me determine whether or not I can go since it'll be a 2-day tourney...

Windrose

Smash Lord
damn. melee is on sunday this time as well? ok. good thing i found out now.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Is it possible to enter both Melee/Brawl singles? They're happening at the same time...

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
There's no problem entering both events even if they are at the same time.

It's not very likely that one person will have matches in both games at the same time, unless you get very far in both tournaments and reach finals or stuff like that.

Top Bottom