• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Speculation: Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem Spec.jpg

Note: These articles are more for discussion purposes before E3. They'll be short, sweet, and to the point for a brief recap and looking into possible characters/stages for each series in Smash Bros. These also go by a "Don't expect too much" philosophy. Please remember to be civil in the comments discussion.

Fire Emblem as Smash Bros has been through a ride ever since Melee. Melee gave us two characters (Roy and Marth). Brawl introduced Ike but removed Roy and gave us a Fire Emblem stage. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS gave us a grand total of six characters, returning all of the characters and including Corrin, Robin, and Lucina as new additions to the roster, along with three stages across both games.

Returning Characters

Wow, okay, this is a bit of a mess and I'm not even sure where to begin. To start us off, Marth and Ike are probably not going anywhere, and same will apply to Roy. Where it gets fishier is the other sections - Lucina seems likely to return if they're adamant on returning all veterans. Corrin and Robin have popularity and are known, but it's all a matter of how conserving they'll try to be on veterans. I think most of the Nintendo veterans are a safe lock, and while Fire Emblem isn't as "Big" of a series as many of the others, niche series like Mother, Star Fox, and Fire Emblem deserve more characters in Smash Bros. simply because it's one of the few franchises they'll really get to play as all of their favorites, especially for series that are already over. While their sales figures may not show it, they are beloved.

New Characters

Whoever the new protagonist is for Fire Emblem Switch. Alm and/or Celica have a slight chance, but I wouldn't bank on that.

Returning Stages

Castle Siege is probably a safe lock, but beyond that, it's hard to tell.

New Stages

Anything from Fire Emblem Switch or Echoes; even Fates is possible considering it didn't get a stage.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on the Fire Emblem franchise? What Fire Emblem related content would you like to see in Smash for Switch? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I think you may have downplayed the Avatar characters’ significance to the series a bit too much. Roy being Roy certainly didn’t save him in Brawl, and Robin has a mechanic completely unique to the game in weapon durability. And also being a magic-wielding FE character.

Having an Awakening mainstay feels like almost a guarantee given the popularity and significance of the game to the franchise, and why would Sakurai choose Robin to cut over a last minute clone or DLC addition? That said, I think it’ll be difficult for him to pick any of them to cut.

Also, an honorable mention for the stunning resurgence of popularity for Lyn, who has taken the throne as most popular FE character alongside Ike. Enough to the point where IS pushed KoeiTech into including her in FEW.

No Lyn? Really? A character who is empirically more popular than all FE characters, even the ones who appeared in Smash? Smash is a big factor regarding the popularity of characters within franchises, the fact that Lyn could beat characters with multiple and recent Smash appearances is huge. She even has relevance with multiple appearances in Heroes and Warriors.

Also, I wouldn't say it's niche. Nintendo itself stated it's a flagship franchise, and the sales have been greatly improving with Awakening and Fates each hitting about 2 million in sales. Also, Heroes' immense revenue is currently picking up the failures of Mario Run and Pocket Camp's slack in the mobile market. Star Fox and Mother really are more niche with their latest titles struggling to even hit 500,000 units.

I predict we get at least 12...no 15 new Fire Emblem Characters, 8 of which are blue haired with Counters with the rest having blue haired skins plus the Counter. At least 12 have Criticial Strike as a Final Smash. All of them will play a little like Marth but with some striking differences like a red energy trail after sword attacks or possessing an additional lock of hair. This is what Sakurai and the fans wants. Metroid is struggling. Donkey Kong isn’t what it used to be. Pokémon is basically overladen with characters. Zelda has too many characters Mother, F-Zero, Star Fox, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and more are dead in the water. Fire Emblem is more important than Mario and sells more thus deserves more roster slots. Makes sense if you think about it. I mean, it’s Smash Bros. It’s the home of Fire Emblem after all.

Last edited:
Is it bad that because of them being constantly pushed in Smash Bros. that I refuse to play any Fire Emblem games? It was fine in Melee and Brawl when they just had two representatives and one actually pretty cool stage from the game, but they freaking blew it up in Wii U/3DS and I got so sick of seeing more crap come out. That Lucina/Robin trailer was the beginning of my hate for it (especially since they were announced out of the blue for a 'special' hyped up trailer instead of being revealed in a Direct like everyone else. And then Corrin's trailer in the final video presentation took the cake of me being completely fed up with FE. I'm sure fans have their reason for loving the series, but when its constantly being slammed in my face, I get sick of it.

I think people would be a little more accepting of Fire Emblem representation in Smash if they included characters that used some different weapons. So far, they've all used swords, one is a clone (probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make Lucina a Marth alt), and another a semi-clone. Pretty sure "too many swords" was a meme at some point. Hector, Azura, Lyn w/ Mulagir, etc--there's popular characters that don't use a sword that I'm sure people would love to play. I know I'd be interested in playing any of those in Smash.

also can we be real for a sec here and note that all complaints regarding characters in this series always ultimately stems from "I didn't get all the characters I wanted!" salt
there's no rulebook on Super Smash Bros character representation lol

I think people would be a little more accepting of Fire Emblem representation in Smash if they included characters that used some different weapons. So far, they've all used swords, one is a clone (probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make Lucina a Marth alt), and another a semi-clone. Pretty sure "too many swords" was a meme at some point. Hector, Azura, Lyn w/ Mulagir, etc--there's popular characters that don't use a sword that I'm sure people would love to play. I know I'd be interested in playing any of those in Smash.
Those mentioned characters still use a disjointed weapon, so I don't think it will make much difference.

I want Lyn, Alm, and Celica to be playable in some capacity (even if the later are alts for the Robins and Marth/Lucina)...though Lyn should definitely be her own character (using a sword, bow, tomes, a horse, and whatever her wedding alt in Heroes uses). I need more green haired waifus and an awesome FE Warrior.

Also, Arena Ferox better come back

Last edited:
I honestly think FE should be cut down to 3 characters. Marth, Robin, and the flavor of the week character from whatever the newest installment is.

Fire Emblem had disproportionately WAY more characters than any other franchise of similar popularity in Smash 4, and they weren't even that interesting of characters. Roy and Lucina oughta be cut for being too samey with Marth, Ike isn't relevant anymore, and Corrin was just an advertisement for Fates.

Is it bad that because of them being constantly pushed in Smash Bros. that I refuse to play any Fire Emblem games?
Yes. Smash 4 didn't even have it that bad, it had 4 characters, only 2 being new, then another one came back from Melee as DLC because the SMASH FANS love the clones they complain so much about, and wanted him back since Brawl (same happened with Lucas, Smash tsunderes love clones to the death), and another one from the latest game at the time came as DLC too, and it's one of the most unique sword users in the whole game, so stop crying about it. You also don't even need to buy the DLCs.
And all those DLCs mentioned, clone or not, are still better than people like Ryu and Cloud who are not even Nintendo characters, I'm still purist about that, this is Smash, not PlayStation All-Stars....
Also, Arena Ferox better come back
I don't think any 3DS exclusive stage is coming back.... those things were created in a 24x24-or-whatever-it-was resolution, they would have to remake the whole thing, or it will be ant-sized, just look how small Dreamland looks compared to Smash 64.

I am really hoping for Lyn and Celica, they would be amazing, Celica c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ should be a mixed sword/magic user like Robin, but without tomes and without weapon breaking mechanic, and Lyn, well, she should be Lyn, you know Lyn's style already.
Also, a super fast disjointed character, top tier confirmed.

Remember when Star Fox was the root of everything that was wrong with Brawl's roster, but now we all want Wolf back?

- Keep all FE characters so far
- Declone Lucina, she fights nothing like Marth in Awakening and Warriors, she fights like Chrom. As it is she's poorly represented and not true to herself.
- Add the Summoner's Gun from Heroes giving appearances to a variety of different characters with all sorts of mounts and weapons from across the various games in the franchise. This means more trophies too. Two birds, one stone here.
- More remixes
- More stages based on actual locations from the games (like Arena Ferox) instead of being generic like Castle Siege and Coliseum.

And just like that FE is no longer under-represented. The problem with everyone looking at representation is they just look at sales and **** but not the wealth of content to take from each series. The average FE game has as many characters in it as Zelda does overall. Limiting FE because it's not as big as Zelda is asinine when FE honestly has far more to offer.

Last edited:
And all those DLCs mentioned, clone or not, are still better than people like Ryu and Cloud who are not even Nintendo characters, I'm still purist about that, this is Smash, not PlayStation All-Stars....

I don't think any 3DS exclusive stage is coming back.... those things were created in a 24x24-or-whatever-it-was resolution, they would have to remake the whole thing, or it will be ant-sized, just look how small Dreamland looks compared to Smash 64.

I am really hoping for Lyn and Celica, they would be amazing, Celica c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ should be a mixed sword/magic user like Robin, but without tomes and without weapon breaking mechanic, and Lyn, well, she should be Lyn, you know Lyn's style already.
Also, a super fast disjointed character, top tier confirmed.
I feel like 3DS stages new and old will come back to represent certain characters (like Ferox for Robin/Lucina, and Reset Bomb Forest for Pittoo...also Pac Maze and GHZ cause I like those stages better than their Wii U counterparts...and Living Room cause please Sakurai).

Ryu kinda fits the Smash Bros style in a weird way, but Cloud I agree on

As for Lyn being top tier...that would be beautiful

Wait, hold up, are you honestly trying to claim Roy is more likely to stay than Robin or Corrin because of seniority? When that hasn't determined who got left off the roster before now, while being a clone or semi-clone has made characters lower priority? Complete with the "deserving" argument? You're kidding, right?

Also worth mentioning that FE16 probably won't have any impact on the base roster due to how it'll be releasing right around the same time as Smash Switch. Too late to have an impact, essentially. It's another thing we've seen happen repeatedly, with the lack of Super Mario Galaxy content in Brawl, the lack of anything from ORAS in Smash 4, and et cetera. If/when DLC gets going, then sure, but why so many people act like it's such a likely thing for the base roster when past precedent shows otherwise is beyond me.

Last edited:
- Keep all FE characters so far
- Declone Lucina, she fights nothing like Marth in Awakening and Warriors, she fights like Chrom. As it is she's poorly represented and not true to herself.
- Add the Summoner's Gun from Heroes giving appearances to a variety of different characters with all sorts of mounts and weapons from across the various games in the franchise. This means more trophies too. Two birds, one stone here.
- More remixes
- More stages based on actual locations from the games (like Arena Ferox) instead of being generic like Castle Siege and Coliseum.

And just like that FE is no longer under-represented. The problem with everyone looking at representation is they just look at sales and **** but not the wealth of content to take from each series. The average FE game has as many characters in it as Zelda does overall. Limiting FE because it's not as big as Zelda is asinine when FE honestly has far more to offer.

Fire emblem is a niche franchise nonetheless, people are buying smash because of the characters they know from the popular Nintendo franchises. It's true that fire emblem has a big cast in every game but that doesn't mean that there aren't any characters sakurai could implement from zelda, they are very unique and more difficult to develop than the fire emblem characters.
Even though Corrin is much more different than the other fe fighters, he was probably still easy to make as he wields a sword, has similar specials like counter and so on, it's somehow like "copy and paste" way of work.

There were too many fe characters in smash wiiu and someone like me who grew up with the "real" Nintendo mascots that made me love Nintendo like DK, Mario, Zelda, Kirby and F-zero, I have to say that I was very disappointed. I've been waiting since melee for characters like Dixie Kong or King K.Rool to join. I'm really looking forward to play the upcoming fire emblem game on switch because I love the design of the characters but it's really not that huge franchise in terms of sales and popularity, I mean come on it already rivals mario regarding the roster size...I think it's too late now to cut the fe characters as everyone got their fanbase but I really hope that the smash 5 roster makes more sense just like brawl, there I could understand the implementation of the characters.

Fire emblem is a niche franchise nonetheless, people are buying smash because of the characters they know from the popular Nintendo franchises. It's true that fire emblem has a big cast in every game but that doesn't mean that there aren't any characters sakurai could implement from zelda, they are very unique and more difficult to develop than the fire emblem characters.
Even though Corrin is much more different than the other fe fighters, he was probably still easy to make as he wields a sword, has similar specials like counter and so on, it's somehow like "copy and paste" way of work.

There were too many fe characters in smash wiiu and someone like me who grew up with the "real" Nintendo mascots that made me love Nintendo like DK, Mario, Zelda, Kirby and F-zero, I have to say that I was very disappointed. I've been waiting since melee for characters like Dixie Kong or King K.Rool to join. I'm really looking forward to play the upcoming fire emblem game on switch because I love the design of the characters but it's really not that huge franchise in terms of sales and popularity, I mean come on it already rivals mario regarding the roster size...I think it's too late now to cut the fe characters as everyone got their fanbase but I really hope that the smash 5 roster makes more sense just like brawl, there I could understand the implementation of the characters.
Hold up, are you saying it's a negative that FE characters translate well into Smash? That they are easier to develop than other newcomers for this reason? Why is this a problem? Is it bad that potential less strain on the development team leads to more content?

Would be nice to see Marth, Roy and Ike.
Decloned Lucina with Chrom alter skin, like Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Robin, etc...
Arena Ferox.

They only rival Pokémon and ran down Zelda, they ain’t gonna rival Mario with and without the spinoff series

Hold up, are you saying it's a negative that FE characters translate well into Smash? That they are easier to develop than other newcomers for this reason? Why is this a problem? Is it bad that potential less strain on the development team leads to more content?
Like I said I really like the design of the fire emblem cast and it's very nice to see how good they fit into smash and that's not a bad thing. It's just too much and my opinion is that the fire emblem universe should only get 2 or 3 reps but not more, a franchise like dk or kirby are much bigger in terms of sales and popularity and they have less characters and Sakurai could implement characters from that series easily as well.
Most fe characters are exchangeable unlike some characters from other franchises that are still not in the game. But like I already mentioned above, it's too late now to cut fe characters for said reasons. I'm also not a fan of third party characters, smash should stay Nintendo only...

Last edited:
Like I said I really like the design of the fire emblem cast and it's very nice to see how good they fit into smash and that's not a bad thing. It's just too much and my opinion is that the fire emblem universe should only get 2 or 3 reps but not more, a franchise like dk or kirby are much bigger in terms of sales and popularity and they have less characters and Sakurai could implement characters from that series easily as well.
Most fe characters are exchangeable unlike some characters from other franchises that are still not in the game. But like I already mentioned above, it's too late now to cut fe characters for said reasons. I'm also not a fan of third party characters, smash should stay Nintendo only...
FE is first party, it's been that way since it began in 1990. I'm just confused as to why you state that stuff like DK and Kirby having less characters to pull from is a good thing. With the exception of Bandana Dee being playable, I'd say Kirby is represented quite well with its current cast, items, stages, etc. DK definitely deserves another rep, but it was still volatile around Smash 4. Returns was great and was very successful but the DK frontrunners like Dixie and K. Rool weren't in it, Returns alone couldn't have justified another DK rep in 4 because there just wasn't anybody to pull from that game.

FE is first party, it's been that way since it began in 1990. I'm just confused as to why you state that stuff like DK and Kirby having less characters to pull from is a good thing. With the exception of Bandana Dee being playable, I'd say Kirby is represented quite well with its current cast, items, stages, etc. DK definitely deserves another rep, but it was still volatile around Smash 4. Returns was great and was very successful but the DK frontrunners like Dixie and K. Rool weren't in it, Returns alone couldn't have justified another DK rep in 4 because there just wasn't anybody to pull from that game.
I know that FE is first party, I just wanted to say that I don't want third party characters because they are mentioned constantly in the comments.
Why do you think that Kirby is represented well when fe has more characters and is a more niche franchise? And while popular especially in japan, kirby is still more popular there and has only three characters in smash. I think it's very obvious that Sakurai prefers characters from Japanese games and studios, that's another reason why donkey kong is still underrepresented. I think 4 characters for the dk franchise is fine.
DK was always there, there wasn't a mainline game until returns but that doesn't mean it was volatile. Not even mario or zelda are getting mainline games every year. The reason I want dixie kong and king k rool is because there are long overdue. At the time the first two smash games came out dk was extremely popular and very successful and the sales of the franchise at that time were going to take over even Zelda's franchise sales and what's more surprising is that dk was very popular in Japan too (sales for the dk country trilogy were very high) but Sakurai ignored that all. And with every other smash game that came out , the popularity of dk began to decrease steadily because nintendo had no one to make dk games after rare was sold. Franchises like fire emblem get games on a regular basis because they have studios solely for the purpose of making those games, like game freak is only making Pokemon , hal laboratory making only Kirby and Intelligent system making fire emblem.
Even though dk is not getting games regularly like fe, it's still far more known and more popular and sales are higher too so why does fe have more reps? It's like comparing two tv shows, I love the tv shows shameless and game of thrones (don't know if u know one or both), they are both very popular but game of thrones is much bigger in terms of popularity and viewers.
Mega man and pac man are not relevant anymore and they still got into smash. Punch out and kid Icarus are volatile but they still got reps. Why did Sakurai put ryu and cloud in smash? We haven't seen one of their games on a Nintendo home console for a very long time. That's what I don't understand about the smash 4 roster.
Sorry I got off the point now...

I know that FE is first party, I just wanted to say that I don't want third party characters because they are mentioned constantly in the comments.
Why do you think that Kirby is represented well when fe has more characters and is a more niche franchise? And while popular especially in japan, kirby is still more popular there and has only three characters in smash. I think it's very obvious that Sakurai prefers characters from Japanese games and studios, that's another reason why donkey kong is still underrepresented. I think 4 characters for the dk franchise is fine.
DK was always there, there wasn't a mainline game until returns but that doesn't mean it was volatile. Not even mario or zelda are getting mainline games every year. The reason I want dixie kong and king k rool is because there are long overdue. At the time the first two smash games came out dk was extremely popular and very successful and the sales of the franchise at that time were going to take over even Zelda's franchise sales and what's more surprising is that dk was very popular in Japan too (sales for the dk country trilogy were very high) but Sakurai ignored that all. And with every other smash game that came out , the popularity of dk began to decrease steadily because nintendo had no one to make dk games after rare was sold. Franchises like fire emblem get games on a regular basis because they have studios solely for the purpose of making those games, like game freak is only making Pokemon , hal laboratory making only Kirby and Intelligent system making fire emblem.
Even though dk is not getting games regularly like fe, it's still far more known and more popular and sales are higher too so why does fe have more reps? It's like comparing two tv shows, I love the tv shows shameless and game of thrones (don't know if u know one or both), they are both very popular but game of thrones is much bigger in terms of popularity and viewers.
Mega man and pac man are not relevant anymore and they still got into smash. Punch out and kid Icarus are volatile but they still got reps. Why did Sakurai put ryu and cloud in smash? We haven't seen one of their games on a Nintendo home console for a very long time. That's what I don't understand about the smash 4 roster.
Sorry I got off the point now...
I'm thinking of representation within Smash holistically. Smash isn't just playable characters, it's a bunch of other stuff like items, stages, etc. When I say Kirby is represented quite well in Smash I'm taking into account everything. I'm not saying it doesn't need newcomers like Bandana Dee, I'm just saying that it's not being done a disservice by having fewer characters than FE. Same goes for other franchises, methods of representation are different. Plus, if we are going to argue about sales, FE's latest entries on the 3DS outperformed Kirby's latest entries since the 3DS/Wii U era by hundreds of thousands of units.

I'm sorry, but the statement about Intelligent Systems is just wrong. Intelligent Systems is one of Nintendo's oldest and most important subsidiaries, producing a multitude of franchises other than FE like Warioware and Paper Mario. Intelligent Systems even made Mario Kart GBA and the original Metroid. FE is a series that just happens to be constantly relevant.

The DK that we know and love is based on the Donkey Kong Country games, which like you said, were made by western developers. Even now the DK franchise is being handled by western developers. DK is the only western franchise to get into Smash, maybe Sakurai just doesn't have the same investment in it as Japanese franchises. That's not FE's, or anyone else's, fault though. DK was way past its prime in Smash 4 and the fan favorite Dixie Kong and K. Rool were a decade and a half irrelevant. For a series focused on a central cast like DK, it needs to build itself back up a bit before those characters can be relevant again. When Smash 4 was being made, Dixie and K. Rool were simply just too irrelevant and were from a western developer, big obstacles for newcomers.

Honestly, this topic within the community feels like a scapegoat for disappointments with Smash. FE is the franchise that is geared towards an older demographic and only came to the west in 2003, so its easier for the community to bash and slight. There are plenty things wrong with the FE roster, I hate it myself, but the way it and other rosters turned out to be is justifiable in the grand scheme of things. I hope every fanbase can be satisfied with new developments in Smash, but whether or not that happens shouldn't be anyone else's fault.

I'm thinking of representation within Smash holistically. Smash isn't just playable characters, it's a bunch of other stuff like items, stages, etc. When I say Kirby is represented quite well in Smash I'm taking into account everything. I'm not saying it doesn't need newcomers like Bandana Dee, I'm just saying that it's not being done a disservice by having fewer characters than FE. Same goes for other franchises, methods of representation are different. Plus, if we are going to argue about sales, FE's latest entries on the 3DS outperformed Kirby's latest entries since the 3DS/Wii U era by hundreds of thousands of units.

I'm sorry, but the statement about Intelligent Systems is just wrong. Intelligent Systems is one of Nintendo's oldest and most important subsidiaries, producing a multitude of franchises other than FE like Warioware and Paper Mario. Intelligent Systems even made Mario Kart GBA and the original Metroid. FE is a series that just happens to be constantly relevant.

The DK that we know and love is based on the Donkey Kong Country games, which like you said, were made by western developers. Even now the DK franchise is being handled by western developers. DK is the only western franchise to get into Smash, maybe Sakurai just doesn't have the same investment in it as Japanese franchises. That's not FE's, or anyone else's, fault though. DK was way past its prime in Smash 4 and the fan favorite Dixie Kong and K. Rool were a decade and a half irrelevant. For a series focused on a central cast like DK, it needs to build itself back up a bit before those characters can be relevant again. When Smash 4 was being made, Dixie and K. Rool were simply just too irrelevant and were from a western developer, big obstacles for newcomers.

Honestly, this topic within the community feels like a scapegoat for disappointments with Smash. FE is the franchise that is geared towards an older demographic and only came to the west in 2003, so its easier for the community to bash and slight. There are plenty things wrong with the FE roster, I hate it myself, but the way it and other rosters turned out to be is justifiable in the grand scheme of things. I hope every fanbase can be satisfied with new developments in Smash, but whether or not that happens shouldn't be anyone else's fault.
I'm sorry, I didn't know that intelligent systems have developed so many games, I mean I knew they made some other games, but not that they did make such a variety of games. That's really cool! Loved Metroid and the wario wario games.
I really want to get into the fire emblem games, I tried radiant dawn on the wii back then, but it just didn't click for me, can u recommend a game for newcomers to the series?
Regarding DK, it's honestly Nintendo's fault, we didn't get DK reps when DK was in it's prime and DK fans have been waiting for a looooooong time now and it's just annoying. It's not only the characters, DK doesn't even have items or assist trophies in the games.
I'm really happy for the fe fans but it I really hope that representation for the dk franchise will be much better in smash switch.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that intelligent systems have developed so many games, I mean I knew they made some other games, but not that they did make such a variety of games. That's really cool! Loved Metroid and the wario wario games.
I really want to get into the fire emblem games, I tried radiant dawn on the wii back then, but it just didn't click for me, can u recommend a game for newcomers to the series?
Regarding DK, it's honestly Nintendo's fault, we didn't get DK reps when DK was in it's prime and DK fans have been waiting for a looooooong time now and it's just annoying. It's not only the characters, DK doesn't even have items or assist trophies in the games.
I'm really happy for the fe fans but it I really hope that representation for the dk franchise will be much better in smash switch.
I think Shadows of Valentia is a good starting point, it's pretty fun, has a very good story and it's easy, plus it's almost fully voice acted and has the soundtrack at its best. Otherwise, try the GBA games, Blazing Blade and The Sacred Stones.
But for the record, Metroid was developed by Nintendo R&D1, note IS.

I think Shadows of Valentia is a good starting point, it's pretty fun, has a very good story and it's easy, plus it's almost fully voice acted and has the soundtrack at its best. Otherwise, try the GBA games, Blazing Blade and The Sacred Stones.
But for the record, Metroid was developed by Nintendo R&D1, note IS.
Thanks, I will try shadows of valentia, haven't used my 3ds in a long time. Isn't that a remake or something?
Super Metroid was co-developed by R&D1

I just wish they'd add a function where you could customize the avatar characters. Kinda like the Mii's. I'm okay with default male Robin of I can't have my own, but the default Corrins annoy me...

A pipe dream, I know. Just wishful thinking is all.

Last edited:
For Fire Emblem, I see no reason they would cut out any of the characters except for Roy and Corrin, but that likelihood is pretty low. Marth is basically the mascot hero, Ike is the most popular male character. Lucina is the second popular character, and has potential to evolve where she could wield a lance thanks to her Great Lord class, or dual wield the lance and sword. Which she also uses in her Brave incarnation in the mobile game: Fire Emblem Heroes. Robin is a must stay because he represents Fire Emblem so much better than the other characters. He uses both swords and tomes, they all have durability, his style is more on strategy than rushing, and he represents Awakening which is one of the most important Fire Emblem games because it basically revived the series from ending and gave it a second breath of life that it needed.
As for new characters, I see three possibilities, but considering we don't want to have 9 possible rosters, i only see one new character.
First up is the most popular female fire emblem character: Lyn. she is well-known to use a sword and uses swift strikes much like her assist trophy. but based on her various versions in Heroes, she is known to also wield a bow. that could be her specials while the sword is her smash and basic attacks.
Second would be Anna, the unsung mascot of fire emblem. Otherwise known as the wandering merchant. she appears in every game from what i can tell. she generally doesn't associate with a certain fighting style or weapon, but for Smash, she could be a mix between her two incarnations from the two spin-off Fire emblem games: Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Fire Emblem Warriors. In each, she wields either a bow or a axe. And going off a similar style as the redesigned Lucina and Lyn i brought up, she could dual wield the two weapons.
Lastly is the typical main protaganist for the new Fire Emblem game for the Nintendo Switch.

Why did Sakurai put ryu and cloud in smash? We haven't seen one of their games on a Nintendo home console for a very long time. That's what I don't understand about the smash 4 roster.
I can’t answer for Cloud, but Ryu has been on the 3DS through new games like SSF4...3D...and the Project X Zone games (there’s also the virtual boy SF games), while the Switch got a new SF2 game and will soon gain the upcoming Collection game(s), so he has an exception for all consoles not named the Wii U(understandable)

I can’t answer for Cloud, but Ryu has been on the 3DS through new games like SSF4...3D...and the Project X Zone games (there’s also the virtual boy SF games), while the Switch got a new SF2 game and will soon gain the upcoming Collection game(s), so he has an exception for all consoles not named the Wii U(understandable)
I meant main games of street fighter for home consoles. The Wii was highly successful and didn't get a street fighter, the game was not that demanding, they could have ported it for wii or make a new one for wii, there were a lot of ports on Wii U at launch but capcom didn't bother bringing street fighter to the wiiU. And the switch...only got that cheap port of an super old street fighter (I loved street fighter 2 on SNES though) not even worth 30 dollars. They could've given us street fighter 5 or a port of street fighter 4. Capcom doesn't care about Nintendo.
It's an honor for a videogame character to be in smash and personally I think ryu and cloud don't deserve a spot in smash because their companies don't support Nintendo. It's not like Nintendo needs those characters to sell smash, smash is waaaaaay bigger than any other fighting game regarding sales and popularity.
If we get the newest street fighter and final fantasy games, then we can talk about ryu and Cloud deserving getting a character slot in smash.

I meant main games of street fighter for home consoles. The Wii was highly successful and didn't get a street fighter, the game was not that demanding, they could have ported it for wii or make a new one for wii, there were a lot of ports on Wii U at launch but capcom didn't bother bringing street fighter to the wiiU. And the switch...only got that cheap port of an super old street fighter (I loved street fighter 2 on SNES though) not even worth 30 dollars. They could've given us street fighter 5 or a port of street fighter 4. Capcom doesn't care about Nintendo.
It's an honor for a videogame character to be in smash and personally I think ryu and cloud don't deserve a spot in smash because their companies don't support Nintendo. It's not like Nintendo needs those characters to sell smash, smash is waaaaaay bigger than any other fighting game regarding sales and popularity.
If we get the newest street fighter and final fantasy games, then we can talk about ryu and Cloud deserving getting a character slot in smash.
Street Fighter V is a PS4 exclusive console wise since they were involved with the game, the Wii U didn’t do well so of course Capcom wouldn’t support it, and the Switch is about to get the Anniversary Collection. And it’s not that Capcom doesn’t care for Nintendo, it’s more of Nintendo having to (re)earn their trust. If they didn’t care we wouldn’t have had the Mega Man Collections/11 nor would they ave given them a chance by releasing Ultra SF2 and selling well (plus Street Fighter 2 played a huge role in pushing the SNES to the top, and becoming one of the greatest fighting games of all time...also on the SNES classic I believe)

Cloud and even Snake are reasonable to be considered undeserving of a Smash spot (though Snake as atleast supported Nintendo more), but Ryu is definitely deserving (even if Capcom supported the 3DS way more than the Wii U when it came to...everything)

Camilla would be awesome to have as a newcomer. A nice break from all of the swords lol
And I'd really like them to redo Lucina's moveset for Smash 5.

Camilla would be awesome to have as a newcomer. A nice break from all of the swords lol
And I'd really like them to redo Lucina's moveset for Smash 5.
I would love to see that happen! But I don't think that we will get her as a playable character. She is too sexy and the japanese only like Loli (Bayonetta wasn't really requested by Japanese players, she wasn't even top 5 there).

Last edited:
I would love to see that happen! But I don't think that we will get her as a playable character. She is too sexy and the japanese only like Loli (Bayonetta wasn't really requested by Japanese players, she wasn't even top 5 there).
Samus and Palutena are sexy enough for Smash...also Camilla might be too late

Samus and Palutena are sexy enough for Smash...also Camilla might be too late
Palutena would be better looking if she had her anime-styled design like in her reveal trailer. As she is now she looks more like a puppet because she has that realistic look that pit had in brawl. And for zero suit samus, yeah she is sexy but very normal if I can say so, Camilla has very big melons and is very revealing. That's a usual thing in anime culture but don't know if Nintendo would approve that for smash.

Palutena would be better looking if she had her anime-styled design like in her reveal trailer. As she is now she looks more like a puppet because she has that realistic look that pit had in brawl. And for zero suit samus, yeah she is sexy but very normal if I can say so, Camilla has very big melons and is very revealing. That's a usual thing in anime culture but don't know if Nintendo would approve that for smash.
Nintendo has been allowing lots of things lately when it comes to sex appeal (nice booty and **** everywhere anime or Bayonetta related)

As for Palutena, atleast she continues the Peach panties legacy

Top Bottom