• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash spamming Wolf... how do you beat it?

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I and a few people I know have a lot of trouble against Wolfs use use nothing but Dsmashes and Fsmashes aside from using his laser and reflector. How do you beat it?

PyroJet

Smash Apprentice
Use Rob and if they spam that crap on you just pivot the fsmashes into a dsmash and do nothin but dsmash. It pisses them off instead.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
its called shielding, try it.
Yeah, I shield the Fsmash, and as soon as I drop my shield I eat a Dsmash, or I continue shielding and it gets broken eventually. No matter how much I shield or dodge, I still end up getting hit.

It's called posting intelligently, try it.

Shears

Smash Master
well since you use MK, your dsmash is faster than wolfs. dtilts will work. since most wolfs spam dsmash and fsmash just SH above wolf and dair him. o and the tornado and drill rush beats his smashes. and finally as mentioned earlier, shield grab and sidestep. im maining wolf now, but MK is still my best.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Countering it with MK is the least of my troubles. I've made it a habit to B out of shield often against wolfs. However, I'm asking for a couple other people who have a much harder time than I do. One of them is a Pit user, and the other is a Luigi and Samus user.

Shears

Smash Master
Countering it with MK is the least of my troubles. I've made it a habit to B out of shield often against wolfs. However, I'm asking for a couple other people who have a much harder time than I do. One of them is a Pit user, and the other is a Luigi and Samus user.
theres a couple problems posting in the wolf boards. first of all none of the wolfs want anyone to be better than them. secondly, wolf mains may not know what samus, pit, or luigi may be able to do to beat out their wolf. you should post in the samus, pit, or luigi boards and ask them how theyve been able to beat wolf.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Shield grab forward smashes.

Shield/spot dodge his dsmashes and just punish him for the miss T_T

Pits: Outcamp with arrows and make the wolf approach you, do the above things. Pits smashes hurt T_T
Luigi: I've been up b'd by him after I fail dsmashes :D And back aired off stage>edge hugged.
Samus: Learn D3

Just my opinions/past experiences >_>

Edit: I was the wolf in these situations for the record.

acv

Smash Journeyman
to beat a spammy wolf?ahem? you turn around and smak him in the face.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's fsmash as considerable end lag, if you shield it you should be able to at least ftilt or A combo him. His dsmash has little lag, but hits in front and behind so thier are windows of opporunity to punish him, thhough shop neutral airs work wonders against it from chars like luigi and samus.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
When they use Fsmash shield it and grapple out of shield really fast...it works every time. Then fallow up your grapple with more stuff so when they try to break your fallow ups with a Dsmash..WHICH THEY WILL because iv played a lot of wolf spammers then use a projectile or some move with super armor on it. It should be easy to see coming and shouldn't be a hard time to beat.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Well if the wolf player simply uses f-smash and d-smash, then you need to just predict his movements. The thing about the f-smash is that it strikes twice, but sheilding the f-smash is the easy way to stop it. Spot dodging can help against D-smash, and if you play metaknight, your d-smash comes out way faster. If anything, and he has absolutely no aerial game what so ever, then just take it to the air. This should help you with a majority of the smash spamming, including some of the other post.

And for future reference, it is best to go to another thread other then the actual wolf thread, since you really aren't granted an answer at these things( and some is just common sense). And it's not because were selfish but it's just that we wouldn't want to spill our disadvantages to other players that dont play wolf. Besides, it's like that in other character threads as well.

Shears

Smash Master
So you're saying other mains WANT people to be better than them?

It seems like you're directing the first point to wolves only... And it's actually true that pretty much everyone wouldn't want other people to be better than them...

Addressing the real post:

You should be able to get them after a shielded fsmash.

But other than shielding it is pretty tough to counter, depending on the speed of your character.
no but a samus is more likely to help another samus than a wolf help a samus. reason being, if another samus knows how to fight a wolf it wont matter for the samus who gave him the advice because knowing how to fight wolf wont matter if they meet up in a samus ditto. but a wolf telling a samus how to beat him will matter because now samus may have the edge over wolf. i could tell you as a wolf how to beat a diddy kong, it wont matter nor make you better than me becaue if we face each other you wont be fighting diddy kong, you will be fighting wolf.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Just read my second paragraph in order to understand what shears is saying. It'll make much more sense from their, which is way I was still a bit hesitant to responding to this thread. But I did reply simply because I hate those type of wolf players in that simply do that...AND NOTHING ELSE. Other then that though, you should never really reveal your characters weakness other wise, it'll hurt other wolf players, and probably yourself.

D

Deleted member

Shield grab lol... coming from a Wolf player, if you spam Fsmash, it gets old real fast and you just get punished...

Or you could just pick up a character with projectiles and camp the match, but that only serves to promote Brawl's non-competitive and boring nature

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Shield grab lol... coming from a Wolf player, if you spam Fsmash, it gets old real fast and you just get punished...

Or you could just pick up a character with projectiles and camp the match, but that only serves to promote Brawl's non-competitive and boring nature
*Is also a wolf player*

The same could be said about spamming smashes :3

Go for the camp if necessary ^^;

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
You know what's funny? Watching someone trying to shieldgrab an fsmash, and then they block the first hit but not the second.

So yeah, don't do that.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
You know what's funny? Watching a noob trying to shieldgrab an fsmash, and then they block the first hit but not the second.

So yeah, shield grab.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo shears are you back in RI yet cause if you look to the left, im not gonna be here much longer, and i really wana play somebody good

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
To beat a spamming wolf you must spam harder. Jump over him if he is only doing f-smashes and then smack him on the head. Or block or dodge or spam projectiles if you got em. Theres a buncha things that beat a spammy wolf.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
i hear alot of talk of projectile spamming. I, having had the same problem as mentioned by the thread creator, have tried this and have only been met with a pink reflector and a projectile to the face (first time arrows, second time aura ball, third time lasers.). I don't think camping/projectile spamming is a good idea when presented with this situation.

What do you all think about using zss against a spammy wolf? I reasoned that perhaps her range would out...range wolf's. Also, how does another wolf fare?

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well if you have a high priority projectile there is a good solution. But for those characters with weaker projectiles that will just be canceled out or those without them, I would say spot dodging would work well, just spot dodge and then grab. Certain well timed SA moves also **** Wolfs f-smash. Like Rock Smash with Charizard, it pretty much sets Wolf up for some hefty damage.

Really though, the thing working most in your favor is the predictability. If they are just spamming it then its really not going to be too hard to predict, so just place an attack so Wolf will just F-smash right into it.

Top Bottom