• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Shipping - Ultimate Edition

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s been more than 24 hours since my last post so I shouldn’t be warned for it but uhhh

an ARMS character has been announced. We just dunno who it is yet.

what are some ships you can make with a hypothetical ARMS character? If it’s Min Min I can imagine her with :ultlittlemac: and if Twintelle, you bet I’m shipping her with :ultbayonetta:

D

Deleted member

It’s been more than 24 hours since my last post so I shouldn’t be warned for it but uhhh

an ARMS character has been announced. We just dunno who it is yet.

what are some ships you can make with a hypothetical ARMS character? If it’s Min Min I can imagine her with :ultlittlemac: and if Twintelle, you bet I’m shipping her with :ultbayonetta:
Min Min with Samus.

johtrio

Smash Rookie
not romantic but i think :ultdaisy: n springman could be cool friends ^^

(daisy would wanna do fun chaotic stuff n he'll be like 'aight i'm down' lmao)

wait don't look at me i just remembered he's an asst. trophy n this already possible **** loool;;;

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Spring Man and Ribbon Girl become training partners to :ultinkling:, :ultinklingboy:, :ultryu: and :ultken:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
i return w somewhat zelpit content but honestly the art is v cute (≧◡≦) ♡

where is that one user that likes pit/samus we have some (although Tiny) content in here lmao
Super late reply, but I'm the one of the Pit/Samus flagship. I just haven't been really active these days. If you have some adorable art of said ship, then by all means show me. :ultpit: :ultzss:
On another note, I'm still eager to inspire art of such... one day.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I share a similar sentiment, I do hope to eventually see some art of platonic :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy:going forward.
You make me smile a bit when you mention platonic. I myself prefer platonic :ultpit:/:ultzss: though I started it as a simple ship, but am okay with shipping the two for sure, though I've been judged and sometimes insulted for said ship. The common complaint for my ship I'd usually get was in regards to Pit's age about 80% of the time (even though I have to tell em Pit's canonically implied to be 28 after Uprising's events)... and many shippers may not be aware that platonic shipping exists as an alternative.

Platonic shipping the two made things easier with less problems. Even then, it's still a rare ship that I enjoy and I hope to inspire art of it with my ideas, especially when I feel it's kinda represented wrong these days. At least the benefit to rare ships is that you can for the most part mold it the way you like, though it's hard to come by as a downside.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
and many shippers may not be aware that platonic shipping exists as an alternative.
True.

As for me, I'm not opposed to romantically shipping the Inklings either...but I just find the idea of them being best friends to be more heartwarming.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Ooh! I got one!
My Mii Fighter and my girlfriend's Mii Fighter!
SHIPPED!!!

Legendaryriolu

Smash Rookie
I have some platonic relationships to share here they are:
:ultlucario:x:ultgreninja:x:ultcharizard:(cool Pokémon)
:ultpichu:x:ultkirby:x:ultsquirtle:x:ultpiranha:x:ultjigglypuff:( cute friend group)
:ultpeach:x:ultdaisy:x:ultrosalina:x:ultzelda:( semi crackheaded roommates)
:ultsonic:x:ultinkling:x:ultinklingboy:( they never go to pools together)
:ultzelda:x:ultpichu:x:ultkirby:x:ultpiranha:(owner pet relationship with all of them)
:ultwolf:x:ultisabelle:x:ultlucario:x:ultfox:(fight for issabelle)
:ultsheik:X:ultgreninja:(ninjas)
:ultivysaur:x:ultpiranha:(Plants)
:ultpit:x:ultzelda:( cute dorks)

MJGaming65

Smash Rookie
Ships:
:ultlittlemac:X:ultzss:
:ultsonic:X:ultinkling: only for smash bc Amy isn’t in it.
:ultbrawler:X:ultgunner:
:ultvillager:X:ultisabelle:
:ultpalutena:X:ultpit: motherly relationship.
:ultmegaman:x:ultgunner:x:ultsamus:x:ultdarksamus: arm cannon buds!
onto the basic ones:
:ultmario:X:ultpeach:
:ultluigi:X:ultdaisy:
:ultlink:X:ultzelda:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
How do I dislike a post?
She's a 12 year girl with a tween celeb crush on a 15-16 year old heartthrob. If they were both human people would think Sonic's a pervert & a pedophile for actually hooking up with her but because their a different species it's alright? (do shippers actually know Amy's 12? It's in the Sonic Heroes instruction manual)

For Amy, it's detrimental to whatever character development she was on course for after SA1. Learning to grow out of the silly crush should be a natural part of her growing up & maturing as a person. But alas, any sense of character development went out the window after that game & she's been deadlocked in the same cliche running gag for 20+ years now.

For Sonic, it would come across more as him surrendering to her never ending stalking then actually reciprocating her feelings. It would go against everything he stands for & makes him look like a chump.

Them getting together makes them both worse people, not better.

& also Sally was better than Amy in every fathomable way.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
She's a 12 year girl with a tween celeb crush on a 15-16 year old heartthrob. If they were both human people would think Sonic's a pervert & a pedophile for actually hooking up with her but because their a different species it's alright? (do shippers actually know Amy's 12? It's in the Sonic Heroes instruction manual)
You do realize there's plenty of people together that a few years apart in age right? Sonic is only 3-4 years older then her and there's plenty of couples in real life that dates that are 5+ years apart in age...

That's nowhere close to being an pedophile. To be one you have to be an adult (20+) to an child...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

For Amy, it's detrimental to whatever character development she was on course for after SA1. Learning to grow out of the silly crush should be a natural part of her growing up & maturing as a person. But alas, any sense of character development went out the window after that game & she's been deadlocked in the same cliche running gag for 20+ years now.

For Sonic, it would come across more as him surrendering to her never ending stalking then actually reciprocating her feelings. It would go against everything he stands for & makes him look like a chump.

You do realize there's plenty of people together that a few years apart in age right? Sonic is only 3-4 years older then her and there's plenty of couples in real life that dates that are 5+ years apart in age...

That's nowhere close to being an pedophile. To be one you have to be an adult (20+) to an child...
And also they’re not human. They’re hedgehogs, who undoubtedly age differently. I mean look at Big the Cat also. He’s 18, which is heckin O L D in cat years, practically a senior citizen in human years

Shadow, being 50, is a special case as he’s an artificially created lifeform

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman

I don't know if the manual to one game from 17 years ago holds up as canon anymore. Amy certainly doesn't act, look, or seem to be treated as twelve in newer games, or the comics, or any tv shows.
Not saying you have to support the ship, by all means don't, I don't have a problem with it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, let's maybe drop the ship war now...

oh! an idea! several pages back there was an idea of ships adopting the younger smashers as their kids and i just wanna throw the following out there:
:ultsnake:/:ultzss: adopt :ultinkling:
:ultfalcon:/:ultlucina: adopt :ultyounglink:

youre welcome

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah, let's maybe drop the ship war now...

oh! an idea! several pages back there was an idea of ships adopting the younger smashers as their kids and i just wanna throw the following out there:
:ultsnake:/:ultzss: adopt :ultinkling:
:ultfalcon:/:ultlucina: adopt :ultyounglink:

youre welcome
You already know mine.

:ultridley:/:ultrosalina:adopt:ultlucas:

Also kinda counts but.

:ultkrool:/Medusa, godparents of:ultbowserjr:

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I can't remember if they're family. But it's like a teen girl in love with a boy band singer
Lucina is a distant descendant of Marth.

I think a "mentor-mentee" dynamic would make more sense for these two.

SmashinglySimple

Smash Rookie
You know after looking back through these messages and thinking on it more, :ultzelda:x:ultpit: and :ultpit:x:ultzss: are both cute platonically and romantically. I've actually been drawing them more often on my ipad!

johtrio

Smash Rookie
You know after looking back through these messages and thinking on it more, :ultzelda:x:ultpit: and :ultpit:x:ultzss: are both cute platonically and romantically. I've actually been drawing them more often on my ipad!
(dips back in here)
(eyes emoji) @ the mention :ultzelda:x:ultpit: art

they r both cute tho zelpit def helped my artblock way back lmao (but back temporarily on art block oof)

SmashinglySimple

Smash Rookie
(dips back in here)
(eyes emoji) @ the mention :ultzelda:x:ultpit: art

they r both cute tho zelpit def helped my artblock way back lmao (but back temporarily on art block oof)
Lol yeah I have been drawing them here and there and it's a really cute ship to see. My eyes have been opened to such a cute ship. Definitely helped my artblock for a bit!

Top Bottom