• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Scene near Buffalo, NY?

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm going to be attending the University of Buffalo this fall, and was curious to see what the Smash scene is like in Canada, since a lot of the events in parts of Ontario are probably closer than some in other parts of New York State. I know I'm about 2 hours away from Toronto, and 3 hours away from London.

I'd like to get out to some events across the border if I can, so I hope someone could guide me in the right direction to finding a Smash hub close to Buffalo. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

By the way, I'm really more of a Brawl player than a Melee player. I play both, but I like Brawl more (Since Ness doesn't suck as badly). And from what I saw just glancing at the thread titles, Melee seems to be the more popular of the two in Canada, although correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks guys. :)

Sanu

Smash Champion
iirc the brawl scene is pretty much dead

someone correct me if im wrong

sauc3

Smash Lord
the brawl scene is kinda dying, but melee is awesome, melee bi-weeklies in london during the school year and possibly in toronto (if they keep going).
Also you're probably like an hour from hamilton (which is where me is!) and we have brawl and melee casuals (around 10 good players) almost every week, which are always good times. If you're looking for tournaments than just keep your eyes out in here and in tournament listings, cuz they come at least once a month, and usually have around 30-50 people (except the last one, which failed for some reason haha)

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys - The furthest I'd be willing to travel for a tournament would be Toronto or London, so if there's anything going on between Buffalo and there keep me updated. I'll be sure to check around these boards too if I get the chance.

Thanks again guys.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Zen and Guru are living in London right now and from what I hear they might be looking to host some Melee events. I'm close with both of them and I'll see about getting some Brawl going as well.

Top Bottom