• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash Run

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just revisited some City Trial myself. It's really addicting. I can't imagine what Smash Run will do to me.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I certainly hope there are a few more pikmin enemies, I would love to beat up on them after years of having to attack them indirectly.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
After playing this mode Wednesday and Saturday, I have to say that Smash Run is worthy of the hype. We weren't allowed to do a local multiplayer match, so we had to play with CPU's but it was fun all the same. The Smash Run map is as enormous as it seemed. Even using the map I was not able to make it to the computer players and I only explored a miniscule fraction of the map. I encountered mainly Kid Icarus enemies my first time through and mainly Mario enemies my second time.

[collapse=What I saw/encountered at Smash Fest and can remember]
Shy Guys
Blue Shy Guys
Koopa Troopas (red and green)
Paratroopas
Goombas
Plasma Wisps
TAC
Waddle Doos
Waddle Dees
Stalfos
Octoroks
Giant Peahat (From OoT, spawned smaller peahats)
Ghastly
Weezing
Tiki guys from DK
Rhythm Heaven Ghost
Egg Robo (I didn't see it, my friend did)
Kremlings (green and blue, size also varied)
Monoeyes
[/collapse]

Anyway, I find it interesting that the only franchise without a playable character to have an enemy in Smash Run is Rhythm Heaven. There are several franchises that lacked enemies completely despite having playable characters: Fire Emblem, Punch-Out!!, Wii Fit and Animal Crossing (however those last two have no enemies at all.

So my question is, do you think those four series should have Smash Run enemies?
Would generic soldiers work for FE enemies? Or would the "zombie warriors" that were in several FE games be a better fit?
Would the enemy boxers be an okay fit for Smash Run? Or is that too out of place for them?
Etc.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
So my question is, do you think those four series should have Smash Run enemies?
Would generic soldiers work for FE enemies? Or would the "zombie warriors" that were in several FE games be a better fit?
Would the enemy boxers be an okay fit for Smash Run? Or is that too out of place for them?
Etc.
I'd love to see numerous weapon wielding enemies from the Fire Emblem series. Wyvern Riders and Pegasus Knights for sky enemies, FE would fit well. Tough Punch Out enemies would be great mini bosses since they could have blocking phases. Tom Nook could easily be an enemy from Animal Crossing, he doesn't even need to anything just let us fight him.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I enjoyed this mode much more than I thought it would. Probably because it wasn't mindless enemy bashing like all the previous gameplay demonstrations were. I actually didn't take damage for 3-4 minutes straight thinking "this **** is too easy" only to get jumped by progressively bigger and annoying enemies that required both the use of power-ups/weapons and some actual strategy to get past (the little "trap" rooms full of Cuccos and later Dark Nuts/Blue Bubbles (one would attack, the other would swoop in and annoy/freeze you while the other regained their composure (the Dark Nut loses his armor similar to Twilight Princess))), as well as portions that made you really wonder whether you should use/waste the aforementioned assists. I found myself using the "Warp" and "Strong/Super Armor" abilities more times than I would've liked, while I saved any "Health Recovery" ones for the brief trekking periods in between enemy swarms.

The FFA was pretty straightforward, though I saw plenty of different variations, such as the one with "lots of Launch Power" attacks, as well as some minigames like Break the Crystal (which looked impossible for the Mega Man player ahead of me. His jab/Mega Buster spamming looked like it was doing nothing). This seems like it would be infinitely better with actual players to square off with (especially with friends/in group gatherings as a "just to **** around" precursor to actual battles), but even alone it felt like a breath of fresh air compared to say, the SSE from Brawl. Definitely retains replayability comparable to Melee's Adventure Mode.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Download play would be the icing on the cake for this mode.

By the way, there was one "drop" that appeared when an enemy was destroyed that Sakurai never explained. It was a brown or bronze colored Smash symbol.
Those are actually coins. They just have a big smash symbol so you can see them.

Anyway, I got to try about half a game of smash run at the Best Buy demo and I was really impressed. Some of the enemies are really cool (Cyroganal), or just a pain in the ass. Escpecially the goddamn Find Mii Ghosts. When they spwan, they fly around you in groups and all of them have projectile blocking shields. While I played as Megaman. Mettaurs are also annoying, but I kept forgetting to just grab them. That makes short work of them.

Also, you can kill Goombas by jumping on them, just like Brawl. Made me smile.

Also, there IS an enemy from sonic. The flying Eggman-lookalike bots from Sonic 3's Sky Sanctuary zone are in the game. They fly and shoot plasma at you. Sometimes they use a charge shot.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^Those are officially known as "Eggrobos".

I also heard that Cluckers from Wing Fortress Zone in Sonic 2 were also spotted in Smash Run, though I haven't spotted them myself.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Shameless double post, but I wanted to update this enemy list with enemies I saw at the demo. New stuff is bolded.

Expand the quote for more enemies!

This definitely looks like a blast ^^

I made this list of current enemies that have been show off in the direct and the new pics:
EDIT: Added missing enemies. Also @ DakotaBonez DakotaBonez feel free to put this on the OP :3

Subspace
Poppant
Roturret
Mites
Glice/Glunder

Mario/Yoshi
Goomba
Gaint Goomba
Hammer Bro
Magikoopa
Lakitu/Spiny
Shyguy
Bullet Bill
Flame Chomp
Spike Top
Bill Blaster

DK
Tiki Buzz
Kritter

Zelda
Stalfos
Dark Nut
Deku Scrub
ReDead

Kirby

T.A.C.
Waddle dee
Parasol waddle dee
Gordo
Plasma wisp
Waddle Doo

Pokemon
Chandelure
Gastly
Cyroganal
Koffing

Metroid
Kihunter
Metroid

Kid Icarus

Reaper
Mimicutie
Monoeye
Skuttler
The Orne

Ice Climbers
Polar Bear

Pikmin
Bulborb
Iridescent Glint Beatle

Megaman
Mettaur

Sonic
Eggrobos

Find Mii
Ghost w/ Yellow Shield

Dig Dug
Pookas
Also I will admit I did not personally see Koffing, but other people from the demo said they saw one. So there's a slight chance that particular enemy may be inaccurate.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Also I will admit I did not personally see Koffing, but other people from the demo said they saw one. So there's a slight chance that particular enemy may be inaccurate.
People at my demo claimed it to, so they're probably there.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Shameless double post, but I wanted to update this enemy list with enemies I saw at the demo. New stuff is bolded.

Expand the quote for more enemies!

Well the Smash Wiki already has a list will all the currently known enemies so keeping track of the list isn't really necessary
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smash_Run

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Has anyone seen the Iridescent Glint Beetle? The Smash Wiki says it's an enemy but doesn't have a picture.

Last edited:

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Has anyone seen the Iridescent Glint Beetle? The Smash Wiki says it's an enemy but doesn't have a picture.
I saw it. I have no photos though. It is very small and fast for a Pikmin enemy. It's a little shorter than Megaman. It doesn't attack, just runs across the screen. I didn't get a chance to attack it because I was tied up fighting other enemies, but I would assume killing it causes it to spew powerups.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
No Xenoblade enemy spotted yet, I presume?

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Anyway, I find it interesting that the only franchise without a playable character to have an enemy in Smash Run is Rhythm Heaven. There are several franchises that lacked enemies completely despite having playable characters: Fire Emblem, Punch-Out!!, Wii Fit and Animal Crossing (however those last two have no enemies at all.

Etc.
There is a Find Mii ghost in the fray too. I think this guy could be a representant for both Mii Fighter and Wii Fit Trainer as a SR enemy as well.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I kind of hope the tap troupe from rhythm paradise turn up as smash run enemies

So I can smash them and their annoying disapproving faces

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't think that's all the enemies, keep in mind none of this stuff was finished for the E3 demo.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Of all Zelda enemies, put some Moblins in, Moblins rule, why do you think I spend a lot of time in Lorule besides the fact that it kicks Hyrule's butt.

Oh and become a Moblin in Oracle Seasons and Ages, best feature ever in a Zelda game, so we need some Moblins as enemies in Smash Run.

Dark Nuts would be cool too.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Of all Zelda enemies, put some Moblins in, Moblins rule, why do you think I spend a lot of time in Lorule besides the fact that it kicks Hyrule's butt.

Oh and become a Moblin in Oracle Seasons and Ages, best feature ever in a Zelda game, so we need some Moblins as enemies in Smash Run.

Dark Nuts would be cool too.
Dark Nuts from Twilight Princess have been confirmed to appear in Smash Run as well.

Being able to fight Stalfos and Dark Nuts in this mode sounds intriguing; two badass Zelda enemies side by side.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
This has nothing to do with the enemies in Smash Run, but apparently, I heard of some sightings of some Mechon-based trophies being awarded to those who complete Smash Run. I'm trying to cross-examine this rumor, however, to see if there is any authenticity to the claims, but if it is true, then Shulk will officially have a strong chance at getting in as a playable character.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I was originally just happy enough to finally get a Handheld Smash game. Smash Run brought HYPE.
I loved Kirby Air Ride, as well as both Melee AND Brawl's Adventure mode. I also loved Kid Icarus Uprising, so this mode is basically anything and everything logical I could want in a Smash Game. I don't even need Adventure Mode or care about not having a set storyline anymore.

Honestly, it just looks fun. I can't really say anything else about it. I just can't wait for Smash 3DS!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This mode looks like it's going to be really fun.

I'm gonna take a minute to list some enemies I would like to see.

ReDeads - Just because.
Motobugs and Other Sonic enemies - Since we have Mettaurs from Mega Man, I think this is probable.
Assist Trophies as enemies - Like Metroid, Hammer Bro if it comes back. Maybe even have some as mini-bosses, like Dark Samus.

All of the requests on this list were met(taur)!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Kirby Air Ride was awesome because of City Trial. In personal Opinion City trial is the best battle mode of racing of all times and now... Is back, Smash and done right. Many enemies enemy of each series, mini bosses act like mini bosses like Bonkers and Bulbords. Cool crazy power Up, cool bonus stages, Lot of reference of Kid Icarus everywhere and Subspace emissary everywhere too. And feeling like a badass defeating all the enemys on the screen getting power up and bam. But there still not sign of a fire emblem or Punch out enemy...But Ice climbers have the Yeti and Rhythm Heaven has a enemy too call sneaky spirits, is Like each fighter have its own enemy cool.

Man, Smash run is like the best reason you own a 3DS and Smash 4, Just for Smash run.

I discover that you character power up little by little their power when you move or attack but the items does more boost than ever.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I really, REALLY, want to play Smash Run. I'll probably go through it like a Mega Man game. :laugh:

I wish there was a mode that would let you explore the Smash Run island(s) in it's entirety though. With the enemies. (Doors are Smash Run only to keep surprises)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Based on what I've seen, you can't do anything to Gastly, and it's quite obvious that Gordo is invincible as well, since it's invincible in the Kirby titles. And of course, the Orne is an instant killer.

Obviously, there will be some enemies that you're going to have to avoid altogether.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Based on what I've seen, you can't do anything to Gastly, and it's quite obvious that Gordo is invincible as well, since it's invincible in the Kirby titles. And of course, the Orne is an instant killer.

Obviously, there will be some enemies that you're going to have to avoid altogether.
I've seen videos where people killed Ghastly. Of course the screen got flooded with other enemies that the player killed. So it was hard to see but the outcome was that Ghastly was gone.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Ghastly was not "killed" it was KO'd. Seriously people, in Smash, nobody dies! It's only ever a knockout! Even Sudden Death mode is just a KO fest. In the score things they always say "KOs" as in "Knock outs".

Sorry, but I'm extremely sensitive to the difference between KO and Kills. Especially in Smash.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ghastly was not "killed" it was KO'd. Seriously people, in Smash, nobody dies! It's only ever a knockout! Even Sudden Death mode is just a KO fest. In the score things they always say "KOs" as in "Knock outs".

Sorry, but I'm extremely sensitive to the difference between KO and Kills. Especially in Smash.
People just prefer to say killed; especially, when some characters give them exceptional trouble.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I know, but still. I'm extremely sensative with Pokemon. If you've taken a look at my Fanfiction account, you'd notice how only one of my stories is T-Rated despite myself being a teenager. Also that my Smash Brothers fanfic doesn't contain deaths and will not contain any for a long time. And we're getting off-topic......Sorry!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've seen videos where people killed Ghastly. Of course the screen got flooded with other enemies that the player killed. So it was hard to see but the outcome was that Ghastly was gone.
Are you certain? I saw Bowser attacking Gastly with a Hammer, and it wasn't even affected by the item. Either that, or Gastly is just very resilient to damage.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I know, but still. I'm extremely sensative with Pokemon. If you've taken a look at my Fanfiction account, you'd notice how only one of my stories is T-Rated despite myself being a teenager. Also that my Smash Brothers fanfic doesn't contain deaths and will not contain any for a long time. And we're getting off-topic......Sorry!
I was talking about a ghost Pokemon. He's already dead. So KO'd and killed wouldn't be the words to use... maybe dispersed?

Also, no offense but it's ironic that you're sensitive to a franchise riddled with implied/outright stated deaths, murders, and other gruesome things.

And, If i remember correctly, it was stated that being turned into a trophy was similar to dying in Smash Bros on the brawl dojo.

I apologize but it's up there.

ANyway, let's get back on topic. If you want to continue this discussion with me then PM me.

Last edited:

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I have no clue if this is confirmed yet (At least I haven't seen it yet), but I hope this will have online Multiplayer for sure. This seems like a fun mode to play with your friends online.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
If Smash Run has boss characters (which it probably does). Has anyone noticed that Smash Run is the first true mode that celebrates Smash Bros for what it is? A massive crossover.

I have to say, this game is looking extremely impressive in a special kind of way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom