• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Revolution - December 16 2007

forky

Smash Apprentice
Ladies and Gentlemen
Proudly Presented by forK and Revolution CD's.

SMASH REVOLUTION 2007 - DECEMBER 16

Bit of pimping before we get into it. Guys, big shoutout to Revolution CD's for allowing this to happen. No matter how much i could organize without a place to have the tournament at, it would never happen, and neither would the prizes. Do yourselves a favor and pre-order your Brawl and buy your stuff through them and give all your support to the guys during the tournament, and a little thankyou in person is never
lost on anything.

Where/When/How/OMG?

Date: 16th of December, 2007
Time: 10am Entry for 11am Begining
How Much: Five Australian Dollars $5. That is all. I expect everyone to come just to play Swiss even if you don't expect to win!
Where: Revolution CD's Bondi Junction
Format: Singles and Doubles
Singles will run Swiss with top 8 moving into a double Elimination bracket
Doubles will be run as a straight Double Elimination Bracket
How do i get there?

The adress is

Revolution CD Bondi
Level 1, upstairs
171 Oxford Street Mall
Bondi Junction
NSW, 2022

The easiest way possible to reach the venue is simply take a train or bus to Bondi Junction Interchange. Revolution CD's is in the middle mall, up a flight of stairs. On the day there will be markings on the door to indicate SMASH REVOLUTION. If you have trouble reaching the venue on the day, you can call me on 0410356610 or reach Revolution CD on (02) 9369 2006

Here is a map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=-33.892264,151.248522&spn=0.003219,0.005021&z=18&om=1&msid=109665529974566693530.00043f01e7a9de015fb33
to the venue from the train station courtesy of Kaneri.

CONFIRMED ATTENDANCE

- Guys i ask that you confirm your attendance, and please let us know if you CANNOT MAKE IT. Your confirming allows myself and Revolution CD's
to consider the volume of people, and match prizes accordingly. The more people that confirm earlier the better.

Forty Seven CONFIRMED - This makes it the biggest tournament Sydney has ever run in turnout.

forK - confirmed
Kulla - confirmed
Zab - Confirmed
Berimbau - confirmed
meow - confirmed
Bjay - confirmed
Unreon - confirmed
Hiaku_Tan - confirmed
CAOTIC - confirmed
ComboTurtle - confirmed
Jonodee - confirmed
xeno - confirmed
adam - confirmed
Mitchell Montu - confirmed
Izzy - confirmed
James Mahoney - confirmed
Stephane Baelde (Handbag) - confirmed
El Sid - confirmed
Tsax - confirmed
Max Joseph confirmed
Aaron Irwin - confirmed
Aaron Thick - confirmed
Ben Smith - confirmed
Sean Crowes - confirmed
Nikelaus Yee - confirmed
Alex L-D - confirmed
Will Badger - confirmed
Lindi - L5A - confirmed
Jaz - confirmed
Darkwing Syke - confirmed
Mitchell Greenall - confirmed
Ben Milston - confirmed
Karl Rembel - confirmed
sroche - confirmed
Laivi - confirmed
Matthew Carroll - confirmed
Fun-Gi - confirmed
Chicken_Salad - confirmed
Chutney - confirmed
Mic - confirmed
Meteor_Master - confirmed
Azza - confirmed
Luke - confirmed
Villa (+2) - confirmed
Perpetual Ownage - confirmed
Dr-Nic - confirmed
Crawdaunt King - confirmed
DeathAlchemist18 - confirmed

SMASH REVOLUTION RULES -

These are the standard rules. Everyone must know and learn them if you do not know already. "I wasn't aware" is not an excuse.

***FRIENDLIES ARE NOT ALLOWED UNLESS ALLOWED BY TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS.***
1st - offense = disqualification from all tournaments (no refunds) You have been warned.
There will be warmup friendlies BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS FROM 10am-11am. AFTER THIS THERE WILL BE NO FRIENDLY MATCHES AS WE NEED TO KEEP ON SCHEDULE

THE SWISS SYSTEM

- The Swiss system is based on a set of rounds with an accumulative ranking ladder (much like the AFL or NRL ladders). The difference in the swiss system is that you play unique opponents that share a similar win/loss ratio to yourself.
- The first round will be completely randomized. In every round, you play your opponent in 2 games (stages are randomly elected). The result should be recorded as 2W-0L, 1W-1L, or 0W-2L.
- Singles will be played in as many successive rounds as possible within a time limit (say, 3 hours). The faster the group completes their rounds, the more rounds will be completed.
- The final 8 players will advance into a standard MLG Double Elimination Final.

* Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium.
* Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
* Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, and Onett.
* All other stages available for counter-pick

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 2/3 or Best of 3/5 Series.

SSBM Doubles tournament rules

4 stock, 8 minute limit, Items Off

Stages
* Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64.
* Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.
* Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, and Onett.
* All other stages available for counter-pick.

No stage may be used twice in a best of 2/3 or best of 3/5 series.

Other Rules & Special Issues
-For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON
-For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed (if out of doubles, press START to steal one of team's life and return to the fray)

Other tournament rules/conditions

Counter Picking

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won't be used during the series. Random select stages can't be knocked out. Once the first game has started, stages can't be knocked out.
After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Controllers
-You are responsible for bringing your own controller!
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
-Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Other Rules & Special Issues
-Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch but not extended to the infinite/wobbling), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
-Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

ON THE DAY SCHEDULE
10am - All must arrive as close to 10am as possible. There will be friendlies and signups at 10am - 11am. After this there will be NO accepted signups unless you inform myself or Revolution CD's beforehand. If you arrive late you will not be given any extra matches and will begin however many you are behind the rest in Swiss.
11am - Full Swiss Tournament Begins. All players signed up to Singles will play Swiss.
1:30pm - Swiss concludes - Lunch for 1 Hour - Friendlies ALLOWED DURING THIS PERIOD
2;30pm - Doubles Commence.
5pm - Singles Finals Begin in top 8 double elimination. 3/5 sets with the finals being best of 9.
7pm - Should start to wind up around here.

PRIZES

The winner of the singles finals bracket will recieve a brand spanking new Nintendo Wii Console, (RRP: $400) and a Pre-Ordered Delivered copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

ALL OTHER PRIZES ARE TO BE ANNOUNCED. There are LOTS of goodies being given away for both singles and doubles. As well as one bonus prize for the top 3 singles players which will only be announced upon completion of the tournament.

General Notices
Any player/team who is more than 5 minutes late for a match will automatically forfeit.
Any abusive, unsmashlike behaviour will not be tolerated, and you will be warned and then asked to leave the tournament if it persists.
ALL CONFIRMATION MUST BE SENT TO ME THROUGH PRIVATE MESSAGE ON THESE BOARDS. I will update the confirmed list every day or two, if i do not recieve a PM i will assume you are not coming. (You do not have to confirm to attend, but it is highly preffered for figures)

Jaz is making our banners i believe. So stay tuned for for.

Any questions directed to me guys. Lets put Sydney on the map!

Hiaku_tan

Smash Rookie
Im confirmed. I live just in Coogee so if you need help getting things set up on the day I can get there a bit earlier.

[Edit] For those that dont know where it is.

1. Go to the Bondi Junction train station use the escalators to the top level (where maccas is) and walk out the main walk way onto Oxford street.

2. Facing towards Westfield to the east. Walk towards it and Rev CD's is on the left around 50 meters up. Dont look for a shop front just a sign thats up and the actual store is on the second floor.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
arriving at 7am - Mr Goode! Set up that poker tourney!

~much love~

EDIT - didnt anticipate staying too long, but im flexible - HOME LOOKS FUKING DOPE

Hiaku_tan

Smash Rookie
Sweet :D ! How long are you expecting to stay in Sydney? If you want to stay till the following Friday I can organise some unsmash related stuff then hit up Sublime on the Friday night. Im permanantly on the guest list there now that a mate got a job on the front door doing scurity. Can always crash at mine if ya want.

xeno

Smash Ace
What are tvs, televisions and cubes you have set up?
How many do you want us to bring?

xeno

Smash Ace
If you have CUBE+TV,
POST so we know what we've got!
BYOC, but people might let you borrow theirs for tourney matches.

Hiaku_tan

Smash Rookie
I have a cube and maybe a TV I can bring its abit of a pain to move though seeing as its a 90cm screen and heavy as all hell. But I dont have copy of Smash

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring a TV, but my copy of smash is screwed, and unless we can get some spares...there is no point in bringing my Wii. Bleagh, I really should buy a new copy...

xeno

Smash Ace
If someone awesome can give me a ride, I can bring a tv. :) (I can't carry the thing to the train station)

xeno

Smash Ace
Hey Kaneri, thanks for the map.
Do you sell Xbox 1 & Gamecube controllers at your shop?

lordtweety

Smash Cadet
Hi Xeno,

We do, I have 2 Cube controllers atm, 6 xbx controllers. Cube controllers are $30 and xbx controllers are $18.

Kaneri

lordtweety

Smash Cadet
Hi,

They are all second hand. I can't get new ones anymore. At least not Nintendo. I can get Powerwave Controllers for the Cube, they're $29.95 New, ask Fork for the verdict on those, he has one.

Cheers,

Kaneri

jonodeee

Smash Rookie
count me in for the tourney. I may be able to bring my copy of smash. Lemme know closer to the day if u need it or not.

Jonodeee

xeno

Smash Ace
Thanks Kaneri! I'll prob. pick up a controller or two while I'm there :)
Jonodee, we'll probably need as many copies as possible.. it'd be better to have say, 12 copies of smash and only 10 tvs then 9 tvs and 7 copies of smash! PS. Stu, can you give me a ride? I'll give you a red bull, or monster (!), or energy drink of your choice.

forky

Smash Apprentice
Keep confirming guys! In maybes i have nearly 40 from various people. I need more "HELL YES I AM COMING" ... s. ... so yes ... confirm more please.

lordtweety

Smash Cadet
Okay, here is a list of people who have confirmed for the Tourney from our email list and signup sheet so far:

Greg Seligman
Mitchell Montu
Izzy (Not Stradlin)
Adam Avbib
James Mahoney
Stephane Baelde (Handbag)
El Sid

I'll keep posting new names every couple of days or so.

Kaneri

lordtweety

Smash Cadet
BTW, if anyone is from the Leichhardt, Petersham area (or on the way) we can probably organise a ride in on the day.

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol I like the list of full names then out of nowhere:

El Sid :p

If we didn't know El Sid, he'd sound like some sort of...mystery guy on the run or something lol? I lost my train of thought.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Xeno I would GLADLY give you a lift.
But Nooooooooo!!!! I'm going away to England two days before Revolution tourney. </3 >.<'

If it wasn't for that, I'd have confirmed to attend from the very start.

forky

Smash Apprentice
NEARLY 20 CONFIRMED GUYS!

I know a few others who are 100% coming but have not confirmed with forums yet so names not added.

xeno

Smash Ace
XENO CONFIRMED! Add me.
Oy, :X Thanks Stu.. too bad though. Well have fun in England!! =D
Anyone else.. want to give me and my tv a ride?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Camperdown is it?

Its next to Newtown. Getting there via car is the confusing part lol.

lordtweety

Smash Cadet
Xeno, If you are in Camperdown we can probably swing past and pick you up. Let us know closer to the time if you want a lift.

xeno

Smash Ace
That would be awesome. I live in Camperdown, about 2 minutes from Newtown station, and one minute off of Parametta. What time are you planning on? (pick a time, anything works for me). Can you fit a TV in your car too? Cheers

lordtweety

Smash Cadet
Hi Guys, a quick question, we are looking at getting a banner done for in store using a couple of the characters from the game. We were thinking of the two most powerful Samsh Characters but we aren't sure who they are.

Any recommendations?

Bjay

Smash Lord
I reckon you should have iconic characters on it instead, e.g. Mario.

Top Bottom