• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash-related Pet Peeves

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering this for some time. What are your guys's pet peeves other than people posting random forum posts to pass the time? There's got to be some, in game or just in general when it comes to Smash.

I know they exist, whether it happens during a tournament or just in a casual game. I guess I'll post some of my own. Flame on if you guys must, but there's a pet peeve out there for everyone.

1. People trying to kirbycide constantly, like it was the only move he had.

2. Controllers shared among friends, and the controller was just in the hands of someone who just ate. The controller is now slick and greasy. How fun.

3. People who direct the stage selection cursor to an annoying stage such as the Ice Climber stage or Brinstar.

4. People who mutter to themselves while they play against you. It's kind of creepy.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
1.When people get upset when I edgeguard/hog and say it's a cheap way to win when it's a perfectly legit method.

2.When people go on and on about how I suck at smash and I need to learn how to fight when I'm beating them.

3.When people tell me to find a new move when I use at least 4 different moves in between the one they accuse me of spamming with.

4.When people say I only win becasue I pic high tier characters (Marth, Falco) when I simply like them as characters, and ESPECIALLY after I just finished beatign them with Ganondorf or Bowser.

5. The fact that i have to turn pause of because several friend have the bad habit of quitting when they lose.

all in all I'm annoyed by sore losers.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Ike is not a clone. NOT A FREAKING CLONE.

Unless you call every character in the game a clone for sharing a move with one other character >_>

illphil

Smash Apprentice
People who always run away from you around the whole map.

Theres many things that piss me off when I'm playing, but it's usually because I'm in the moment, and it enrages me.

pirkid

Smash Lord
1. People you abused teh C-Stick in the menu, warping it.
2. People who randomly move the cursor and end up at a stupid stage.
3. People who spam Counter. Or Thunder.
4. Johns.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
LVL 9 CPU Marths continually doing their basic A slash

Marth's crazy grab distance

like what Windlord said, some of my friends pause and quit when they lose. :|

People who spam Link's Dair

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
1. People you abused teh C-Stick in the menu, warping it.
2. People who randomly move the cursor and end up at a stupid stage.
3. People who spam Counter. Or Thunder.
4. Johns.
Johns?

10 G&Ws

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I've always hated having to smash sideways to run.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
1. People who continually say they are better than everybody else, then lose, and then continue to say they are good

2. People who use top tier characters just because they are top tier and then claim I cheat when I beat them with Roy

3. Like someone else said Link spamming D-Air

4. People who actually like playing Hyrule temple, and claim to be good when they win on it

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
4. People who actually like playing Hyrule temple, and claim to be good when they win on it
I enjoy Hyrule Temple for casual fun matches but I don't play it the crap way. Me and my opponent(s) will select a part of the stage to use, usually the small, bottom island since they are just casual matches anyway and it turns into a king of the hill type match. Anyway... that is a bit off topic. I have to agree that as a whole that stage irks me.

Not as much as Icicle Mountain (Seriously, who likes that stage?). I hate playing that and Flatzone more than any stages in Melee.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Casual vs. competitive arguments.

That controller thing was a good one. [about being passed one by someone who just ate. -_-]

Everything Windlord said. As a matter of fact, I'll quote him for emphasis.

1.When people get upset when I edgeguard/hog and say it's a cheap way to win when it's a perfectly legit method.

2.When people go on and on about how I suck at smash and I need to learn how to fight when I'm beating them.

3.When people tell me to find a new move when I use at least 4 different moves in between the one they accuse me of spamming with.

4.When people say I only win becasue I pic high tier characters (Marth, Falco) when I simply like them as characters, and ESPECIALLY after I just finished beatign them with Ganondorf or Bowser.

5. The fact that i have to turn pause of because several friend have the bad habit of quitting when they lose.

all in all I'm annoyed by sore losers.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
When my friend pauses right before he's going to lose, or when he's getting his salad tossed, he stalls and stalls and stalls and I resume kicking him up and down the level. A minor nuisance, but one none the less.

Also Corneria. Dumbest level ever.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Hey! I enjoy ALL of Hyrule Temple...mostly because I survive to ungodly percentages...LMFAO

1.) People spamming PAUSE!!!!

2.) Marth

3.) Waveshine. (:cry: )

And Kirbyciding is my FAV tactic mainly because it forces your opponent to have a suicide count as well as yourself, LMFAO

pirkid

Smash Lord
Johns?

10 G&Ws
Please don't double post.

'Jons' is when someone complains about a match, usually when they lost. They blame high tier characters, cheap moves, random play, mistakes on their part, etc. When someone says "No Jons" they mean don't complain if you lose/when you lose.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I only have one pet peeve: How the Luigi AI manages to consistently get the misfire on Luigi Missle. All the time.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
I got a new one!

People who switch between Zelda and Shiek... For no reason. They are like, I'm a girl, I'm a boy, I'm a girl again, and now I'm a boy!

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
PEOPLE WHO FREAKING PAUSE ALL THE TIME!
seriously they're not even funny pauses either but they have to rotate the camera around each character for like 2 minutes each every pause which is about every 10 SECONDS OR WORSE!

this is why I disable pause most of the time

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm...

1. People who whine about certain characters just because they don't know who they are.
2. People who spam basic attacks like Mario's fire ball or Jigglypuff's rollout.
3. People who insist on playing on the same stage everytime they play.
4. People who brag about how awesome they are and when they lose they still insist that you suck.
5. People who purposely kill themselves when they're losing.
6. People who run away from you in order to stall for time in Time Matches.
7. People who constantly pause the game and think that every freeze frame is awesome.
8. People who insist that you'll always win/lose if you play as certain characters.
9. People who STILL whine about the Wario Waft.

And the thing that drives completely up a wall:

10. People who uphold ROB as the Jesus Christ of Nintendo simply because they're so mortified that one of the characters they wanted didn't get in.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
after every match for some reason I change the colour of my character's costume..... i dont even know why....it just happens subconsciously....

Sometimes it gets so bad that i just keep pressing Y until the other guy is done his thing and presses start and whatever colour i land on....i go with it.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
People who think that B moves are all there is to the game.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
1. People trying to kirbycide constantly, like it was the only move he had.

2. Controllers shared among friends, and the controller was just in the hands of someone who just ate. The controller is now slick and greasy. How fun.
Ugh, so agreed. I have a friend who is a messy eater.. We tell him to bring his own **** controller.

3. People who direct the stage selection cursor to an annoying stage such as the Ice Climber stage or Brinstar.
I'll admit, I've done this before, just to tick off a friend.

4. People who mutter to themselves while they play against you. It's kind of creepy.
When this happens to me, it's usually my friend cursing at me. It's hilarious. "Son of a b*tch."
See above.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
One more before I leave cause I just found it while playing my brother this morning!

Stalling with Peach. I mean c'mon. Stalling is bad enough, but with Peach, he just hovers in an annoying spot and floats away when I get close. It's not bad at times, but it's annoying.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
(1.) My roommate is a Kirby main and his big tactic is rolling across the entire stage to get behind you and proceed to grab into a down throw and try to smash on the rebound. What he hasn't realized is that I tech out of it almost everytime.
(2.) One of my best friends is a Peach main just because of her down-smash. It's incredibly annoying since he never wants to play one versus one and waits around to throw out a down smash.
(3.) I hate Big Blue, and it needs to die. Like right now.

Puffs

Smash Ace
People like my friend who only want to play on FD because it's "all skill dude, just straight-up fighting." I'll play on FD sometimes but it gets straight-up boring pretty quickly.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
- Hyrule Temple constantly (getting tired of it)
- Those who say incorrect things about the game ("Shiek's a man!")
- Not having anyone to play against when not at home

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
1. i taught my noob friends samus how to bomb jump, he doesnt die now and every last 3 hits take about a minute to get. never hits me in the end we just wait for his death.

2. u just won, now u hear - "fluke or i wasnt trying" i HATE that so bad, and they never rematch. its so immature.

3. people who come into threads with the only intent to leave a smartass remark when they could just as easily left the people discussing alone.

Gary

Smash Apprentice
People who button mash. Especially with my controllers.

Oh, and people who spam only one attack without any thought behind it. Especially B attacks.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
1. When I pick Zelda, play as Zelda, and the opponent asks "why won't you turn into Sheik?"

2. When people CONSTANTLY press pause to " Look at the characters cool poses!"

¬.¬

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
1. The greasy controller
2. Big Blue
3. ALL scrolling stages
4. Constant pausing!
5. Fox / Falco's F-smash vs a comp, it always hits!
6. lv.9 Ganon spamming upB
7. A new person asking me "Who's the best character?"
8. People who tell you you suck when you beat them
9. C-stciking on the character/stage selection screen
10. Brinstar Depths

miller483

Smash Ace
1. Greasy Controllers
2. Brinstar Depths. That level can burn in Smash Hell.
3. People unpausing the game when you get up to take a phone call, answer the door, etc.
4. Spamming Falco's laser on FD.
5. When you beat someone, your opponent says, "You have no life."

1, 3, and 5 piss me off the most.

Top Bottom