• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Orleans: The Dirty South Tournament June 2, 07

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Ok, It's assured that first place gets $75 and I'll personally make sure that second and third get $50 and $25. The 2nd and 3rd place winners will just have to come see me and I'll guve them their prize money.

Also, because of the heavy advertising we're looking at possibly a lot of people. It'll great if we do get a lot but if so I won't be able to enter in the tournament, but i'll be able to play some friendlies.

nuke288

Smash Rookie
Well, think of it this way. When a guy for big tournament gets $2,000 and the 2nd place guy gets $1,000 or whatever it may be a big difference, but that guy is still getting $1,000. If the stakes were higher I could agree with less balanced pot, but I'm gonna have to go with the more equal pot if the prizes don't reach the hundreds or more than they are now at least. That's my opinion of the prizes.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
the prize money shouldnt matter. its about the honor of winning (even though that sounds kinda silly since we're playing a video game) but i think the split is fine. tell your dad thanks 1000 times from all of us.

SilentSheik

Smash Cadet
well, this thing's tomorrow. Post if you're coming. At the least all we'll need would be some Cubes and Smashes. If you're bringing something then you'll be needed aroung 10:30-11:00.

Chaddly

Smash Rookie
Wow Cyp, you do kno this is like right by my house, and NO 1 told me about it, I got work on Sat. >.<

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I'm still a maybe on this. Main question being, do I want to get up at 700 and drive three hours? Lately I've been waking up at 200 PM so it might be beyond my abilities.

If I do make it I'll bring a cube + Smash.

Will there be 360s in the Halo 2 tournament? Because I don't have my XBOX or controller S anymore...

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
silentsheik thanks for making it worth the trip to n.o. for all of us. i think i speak on behalf of me and eric both when i say we feel rly bad about the prizes. $150 were given out when only $100 was put in by tournament entries. the fund raiser didnt work out at all. thank you dad a crap load though, i think we all had fun. wish there was a better turnout. post a link when you get the finals vid up. thanks again.

nuke288

Smash Rookie
I hope you guys get more money somehow. Maybe you need bigger area to advertise. The only thing that makes sense is that maybe people have a hard time making it there or maybe you need more advertising. I think the fund rasier is for something good, so may god be with you.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I intended to go to this, but when I went online to check the address so I could print out directions at mapquest, I found the server was down for 24 hours. :(

SilentSheik

Smash Cadet
Wow, that's screwed up. Plus my dad made me leave my phone with my grandma cuz she was home alone. So if you would've called she would've picked up. In the end, only 10 were there for the smash tourney and 4 for Halo. Only the ppl that I informed actually showed and I think we only made a little profit (if any). Well, at least I'll know better if I ever do this again. Thanks to everyone who showed.

However the vids were screwed. They play really fast and skip a bunch of frames. I can still post them if you want, but the quality will be bad.

Top Bottom