• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Peru (27 August - 03 September)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Orlando won the last tacna tourney that we really have youtube videos from, outplacing capitan tavo and gohan. Alancitu beat Orlando.

That might mean nothing. It's silly for me to make rankings because I don't know anything about what happens in peru

but in the US from what we have it looks like alancitu could maybe beat tavo or gohan. At least it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Nearjack

Smash Cadet
Alvin certainly underestimates some players, but that is normal in Peru, especially in Tacna lol

By the way, Alvin challenged to Gohan to play and record on DL, but he refused because he lost in friendly matches 11-0 Alvin-Falcon Gohan-Pika
He really is a bad loser. if you win him, he starts talking **** about you. Gohan is the cocky guy who might know someone.I think Alvin is who could do better with Boom on DL for the time being.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
He didn't do that bad lol. It's crazy to think Alancitu was gone for like 4 years and is doing well against these tacna players

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Alan did well in my opinion... won vs orlando, and the fox dittos were something like 8 to 5 in alvins favor..

Sedda

Smash Champion
yeah. he only really got destroyed pika vs falcon, but everything else seemed pretty even

Battlecow

Play to Win
the fox dittos were like 10-3. Assuming that's the "tourney" matchup, because they played it so much (the pika couldn't really do it either against alvin's fox) alvin's pretty solidly ahead of him. None of alan's characters could take the fox.

Sedda

Smash Champion
he's obv better, but I will never doubt Alancitu. I'm too much of a fanboy.

Question.. are these the videos that havve been recorded forever or was this recent? That's a big factor as well. He had never played people from Tacna, so I'm guessing he's improved since then. Really hyped about this tourney.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
he's obv better, but I will never doubt Alancitu. I'm too much of a fanboy.

Question.. are these the videos that havve been recorded forever or was this recent? That's a big factor as well. He had never played people from Tacna, so I'm guessing he's improved since then. Really hyped about this tourney.
I'm pretty sure those matches are very recent, like a few weeks ago recent... BUT.. alancitu is comming back, he's not 100% yet and have lots of room to improve.
(i don't think the fox dittos were 10x3, i thought i saw at least 4 matches going in alan's favor).
There's the matchup thing too, maybe alvin loses to some players like orlando,tavo,gohan, and alan can beat them, those kinds of things happen a lot in tournament.

Battlecow

Play to Win
(i don't think the fox dittos were 10x3, i thought i saw at least 4 matches going in alan's favor)..
I mean... count them, right? This doesn't need to be an argument.

Alvin's got him solid enough that it seems like Gerson and marca would have him too.

Good player for sure though, interesting how close these top level things always are considering separate scene evolutions.

Last edited:

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure those matches are very recent, like a few weeks ago recent... BUT.. alancitu is comming back, he's not 100% yet and have lots of room to improve.
(i don't think the fox dittos were 10x3, i thought i saw at least 4 matches going in alan's favor).
There's the matchup thing too, maybe alvin loses to some players like orlando,tavo,gohan, and alan can beat them, those kinds of things happen a lot in tournament.
Those matches happened a week after the Brazilian Tourney. But to be honest my unique 64 controller was not working well. You can notice in the vids I tend to edgguard Alvin's fox with a SMASH+B and I never use that move xD and that's why he sometimes got the comeback. Anyway hope to play him again and Orlando. Of course with a new and better 64 controller :D

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
only watched one match but i think alvin has been watching my falcon videos :)

Seriously watching him play its like he's reading my mind

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Maybe it's due to the fact that falcon is a braindead character and 99% of the time the best option is to bait approach > pivot back > grab/upsmash > upair combo. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Sfeet

Smash Rookie
Tuned into Top 8 at Zenith and heard about this event and I would love to watch! Is it being streamed/recorded anywhere?

Top Bottom