• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Peru (27 August - 03 September)

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Bring some decent recording equipment.

If you guys bring back shaky handheld videos I'm demanding a hype refund.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I thought peruvians were all saying Orlando is the best now

Also kinda wanna go...

Sedda

Smash Champion
This thread is going to become into a 20+ people hype fest where everyone will claim that they're gonna go, then only Boom goes and he doesn't attend the tournament "because of illness."

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo boom you better do some work at least on their B-tier

I ain't tryna see NA go down to anyone besides gerson or alvin or orlando or marca or papacho or holy **** they have a lot of good players

Sedda

Smash Champion
Yeah I saw someone (probably a melee player) somewhere say something along the lines of "doesnt 64 only have like 3 top players lulz." They don't even know.

M!nt

Smash Champion
How's it even possible to not have more than 3 top players. That would require we only have 3 players total lol

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I mean, melee only has 5 top players and one of them is retired so who are they kidding

Sedda

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure they mean m2k kinda top. In which case, they have WAAAAY less players than we do

B Link

Smash Lord
speaking of M2K I would love to see a camp battle of him vs gerson, they both like to camp on opposite ends so it might be interesting lol

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well 64 tippity top is like:

Isai
Jousuke
Gerson
Orlando?
More Peruvians?
Allegedly Bear?

Sedda

Smash Champion
Well 64 tippity top is like:

GMANG

Isai
Jousuke
Gerson
Orlando?
More Peruvians?
Allegedly Bear?
fixed.

What about Boom, Red, Moyashi? I feel like Isai is the melee Armada, except much better. Then the other top players kinda fall on the same spot as the Melee top 4, and we have a lot more of those than Melee does.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Isai doesn't have counterparts in other games, I'd say. Also, I'm pretty grateful for the personalities of our top players.

Top melee personalities can be pretty amusing, but could you imagine if Boom were all like LMAOOOOOO ISIA U SUCK LOOOL on the boards? or if Isai were like "I major in psychology so I'll grow a giant beard to make my opponents uncounsciously intimidated. I'm so tryhard. I think I give pretty good interviews, heh", or if JaimeHR were like FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER LIKE FACEBOOK LIKE MONEY SPONSOR NINTENDO CAREER SMASH 5 (ARE U A DOCTOR?) MAKE A FAKE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT AND LIKE ME THERE TOO!!!

or if Battlecow started doing silly faces on commentary cam just to become a twitch face / meme? 64 community is chill

Shears

Smash Master
Isai doesn't have counterparts in other games, I'd say. Also, I'm pretty grateful for the personalities of our top players.

Top melee personalities can be pretty amusing, but could you imagine if Boom were all like LMAOOOOOO ISIA U SUCK LOOOL on the boards? or if Isai were like "I major in psychology so I'll grow a giant beard to make my opponents uncounsciously intimidated. I'm so tryhard. I think I give pretty good interviews, heh", or if JaimeHR were like FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER LIKE FACEBOOK LIKE MONEY SPONSOR NINTENDO CAREER SMASH 5 (ARE U A DOCTOR?) MAKE A FAKE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT AND LIKE ME THERE TOO!!!

or if Battlecow started doing silly faces on commentary cam just to become a twitch face / meme? 64 community is chill
I've been saying this for a while and its one thing that drew me from brawl to 64. The community here is way more fun and cool and relaxed and genuine than the other games. No matter how "pro" someone is, they're still a good person and fun to be around and willing to talk and hang out with anyone. Its real people, having fun, playing a game they love. If you want to hear a rant about the differences between the 64 community and the other games, ask @ The Star King The Star King (he's in love with the melee boards).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
What about Boom, Red, Moyashi? I feel like Isai is the melee Armada, except much better. Then the other top players kinda fall on the same spot as the Melee top 4, and we have a lot more of those than Melee does.
Red perhaps, but he is retired if I remember correctly.

Do you think Boom and Moyashi have a significant chance of taking a set off of high tier Isai? They certainly have infinitely more of a chance than I do, but I still don't think its very significant. Just based off of 12 char battles of isai vs boom, and Isai high tiers vs kikoushi who is around the same level as boom and moyashi, They are just not quite there. When I say tippity top, I mean the best players in the game that when you pit them against each other it would be a coin flip as to who wins, like when the top 5 4 in melee play each other.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Armada's not on top in melee anymore

Gerson's not at all far from isai's level as of the last data point we have, and there's every indication that there are a couple of peruvians who can hang with him, as can jousuke (that's all super conjecture-y, granted, but eh. I think isai would prolly bop jousuke but if you go all the way to japan and then don't enter the tourney I gotta give them the nod regardless). So at least 4-5 tippity toppity players.

Boom/Moyashi are analogous to like MacD or Silent Wolf or someone on that level

64 community is way better than melee community and 64 is way better than melee but then that goes without saying

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Red perhaps, but he is retired if I remember correctly.
japanese guys said red isn't that good

FAUST is 2nd best in terms of 12cb though, besides jousuke

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Well, (J) version of smash is a lot harder than (U), since there is less DI and hence mistakes get punished way more. Its like every matchup is a falcon ditto.
Knowing that, look at their Tournament format:
Single elimination, 4 stock, DL only, top 8 or 16 bracket is semi-random. For Jousuke to consistently dominate with a character that sits on their tier list at about the same level Mario/DK sits on the (U) tier list, clearly shows he is a better smash player than Isai. Oh, and Isai lost a 12 char by 2 characters against him. Ya'll know Josuke's best character isn't samus right?
The J version and tournament format breeds tons of really good players.

If you had 2 round robin things, one with J version and one with U version, best of 1, and used some consistent scoring system, I think the top 7 would look like this:
Josuke
Isai
Moyashi
Prince
Superboom
Orlando
Gerson

I am going to Peru to figure out who the best in Peru is. Boom is my standard measuring stick. Probably going to Japan next year for smash also.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Clubba, Bear doesn't play either, so if you don't include Red, you shouldn't include him. And to be honest, even at his peak I doubt he was better than boom. I really wonder what Peru vs Japan would be like.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Well, (J) version of smash is a lot harder than (U), since there is less DI and hence mistakes get punished way more. Its like every matchup is a falcon ditto.
Single elimination, 4 stock, DL only, top 8 or 16 bracket is semi-random. For Jousuke to consistently dominate with a character that sits on their tier list at about the same level Mario/DK sits on the (U) tier list, clearly shows he is a better smash player than Isai. Oh, and Isai lost a 12 char by 2 characters against him. Ya'll know Josuke's best character isn't samus right?

If you had 2 round robin things, one with J version and one with U version, best of 1, and used some consistent scoring system, I think the top 7 would look like this:
Josuke
Isai
Moyashi
Prince
Superboom
Orlando
Gerson

I am going to Peru to figure out who the best in Peru is. Boom is my standard measuring stick. Probably going to Japan next year for smash also.
i suspect that you are under-rating Peru. we will see soon enough!

Sedda

Smash Champion
Armada's not on top in melee anymore
-_- sigh

guys, I meant that, when he was more active, he was clearly on top´. That's the way I feel Isai is with the other top players. They can compete with him, but he's better. You guys take analogies too seriously lol

Battlecow

Play to Win

Josuke
Isai
Moyashi
Prince
Superboom
Orlando
Gerson

Oh you are just so wrong lol

How are you gonna watch Gerson take 8/21 against pika/fox and watch moyashi get absolutely ****ed by the jiggs and then make that list?

The only explanation I can come up with is like cultural bias? Are you a big fan of Japan or something?

Jousuke's record is super impressive but to say that the J tournament format breeds good players is nonsensical. They didn't get good because of the incredibly jank 2 or 3 tourney matches a year that most of them get. Japanese tourneys are the product of a community that has no ****ing idea what they're doing.

Isai's record against japan's second-best player (against a character lower on our tier list than samus is on theirs) says that he could probably squash a japanese tourney just like jousuke with his own secondaries. If you're good enough you don't have to lose even the one four stock.

IDK maybe I'm underrating the version differences. But I only care about (U) anyways because that's the game I play.

Battlecow

Play to Win
more like the peru bias

I'm not the one putting boom above Gerson lol no offense boom

or the anti-japan bias

get prince offa that listttttt

Last edited:

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
TO BE HONEST MOST OF PERUVIANS STILL BELIEVE GERZON IS THE BEST. ORLANDO JUST GOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN A TOURNEY WHICH DOESN'T PROVE ANYTHING. GALANCITU PLAYED ORLANDO SOME MONTHS AGO AND BEAT HIM IN MORE MATCHES. GALANCITU(FOX) VS ORLANDO(KIRBY). SO STRONGLY BELIEVE GERZON IS STILL THE BEST. OTHERS SAY YIYO COULD BE THE BEST SINCE NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO BEAT HIM RECENTLY. NOT EVEN TACNA PLAYERS.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Comparing Boom to MacD/Silent Wolf is a huge insult to Boom. Boom is more like Hax or Shroomed, maybe even Hungrybox.

Top Bottom