• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Lakeland, FL

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
RIP Rolex/Pheta Ray/PETA Ray
Gone, but probably won't be forgotten for like a week.

I wasn't even living in Lakeland in 2004. I also would have been about 7.

I've actually seen an older Lakeland thread, and it's kind of eerie seeing that there was a Smash community in Lakeland before us, and not a single one of them remains. It's like walking through a bunch of old ruins or something.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm still active you ****s.

Edit:

I seem inactive because I really have to restrict the amount of Smash I do lest I lose the privilege, thanks to my dad. :/

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
So L-town. We need to set a day aside for an all day smashfest. Any idea/thoughts/suggestions?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Not tomorrow, not Sunday. I can do the Monday after this coming one, the 20th, and the Friday before it. I have days off then, so unless parents plan something, I should be okay. Why all day?

Last edited:

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Salty Runback with LA? Salty Runback with LA.

COMING SOON: Lake Alfred X Lakeland 2: The Saltiest of Runbacks

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Just throwing out another call to Lakeland seeing as it looks like a revival of this city is on the horizon.

Bongablu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bongablu
So... Uh... I live in Lake Wales. But I'm not too far from Lakeland. If anybody is alive in this thread. Let me know what's going on in the local Smash Scene.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Hey there. Lakeland was on hiatus for a while, but right now we're finally getting back to being active. If you have Skype or Facebook, that's where most of our communication happens.

deadcult

Smash Cadet
Hello. 22 year old here living in lakeland. I have never played smash competitively so I figured smash 4 is a good time to start. It would be cool to check out some live events and see how things are.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939

deadcult

Smash Cadet
6pm every Tuesday right? I don't have an active Facebook right now because of drama with the girlfriend and just nonsense in general. I know that location though so I will be sure to stop by after the holidays.

Huben Draknir

Smash Rookie
NNID
HubenDraknir
3DS FC
4570-9317-8482
Oh boy oh boy, I didn't know theres a scene close to Winter Haven, I have a group of 5 that have played smash since 64, albeit not competitive.

How long does everyone usually stay till? Is there extra set ups for friendlies and such. I'm going to have to cater the guys to see if we can get some thing in the works to go this sounds promising

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
We are sadly required to vacate the venue by 10 PM, but a fair amount of the time people hold smashfests at their houses after the matter. As for setups, sadly we are currently lacking in that department.

Huben Draknir

Smash Rookie
NNID
HubenDraknir
3DS FC
4570-9317-8482
Ok, can we bring set ups? I have a wii, wii u, and 3ds and all the games(including pm) except 64 still.

Will look into housing parties lol would be sparse though wife doesn't like geeks (including me -_- )

Last edited:

CoolSebas

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolSebas
I would like to play with Local Wii U Smash 4 players... online or local will do. PM so we can play online first to test skill level first.

Thanks.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Ok, can we bring set ups? I have a wii, wii u, and 3ds and all the games(including pm) except 64 still.

Will look into housing parties lol would be sparse though wife doesn't like geeks (including me -_- )
Bringing in setups is very much appreciated.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
What's the latest on Lakeland Smash?
We don't have the numbers we used to have, and our weekly crashed and burned, but we're actually more active than ever before and the people left are placing fairly well at tournaments around central Florida.

Most of our coordination goes on over Facebook nowadays.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/781677135194664/

We have smashfests fairly frequently, albeit randomly. Feel free to jump in at any point!

Leon_Roxas

Smash Rookie
NNID
Earthbound_KH
3DS FC
5026-4949-1268
Hi there! I would like to join this Lakeland group, do you have the skype name? I also sent my request to join the Lakeland smashers! ^^ I live in FL and I want to improve, thanks!

zochmenos

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, signed up to let you know there's a local venue in Winter Haven, a game bar called Games on Tap that has a Smash 4 set up and it friendly to folks bringing more. I'm part of a Polk County FGC group on Facebook (Fraud Club) and there are Smashers out here wanting to level up before CEO. Anyone feel like having regular meets should hit up the group on FB and come on Wednesdays.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Ladies and Gentlemen,

For those that did not know, I live in Lakeland. I will possibly have a new large venue at my disposal soon. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom