• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Hell, For Glory Hell, Ban Land Needs to be Noticed

Should there even be a report system?

• Total voters

Diemian

Smash Rookie
I do have the WiiU version and when the power went out midmatch and I double checked the stats after the power came back on the game had counted another disconnect automatically. tbh if you're not using the Wii U version then you might not be getting as much info as you could. I get there's both a 3DS and a Wii U version but I only have the Wii U version (mainly because when I tried the 3DS version the controls were crap). Does anyone here have the Wii U version to verify what i'm saying?
I'm on wii u. I believe everything your saying, I just doubt you were banned for a few d/c's. I checked mine and have the stats too, and have gotten both the "wait" ban and the ban land bans. At this point it seems a large amount of players are simply reporting people they lose to, and without them stepping in to fix a broken automated system (which I doubt they will considering the titles age and a looming new console), it's only going downhill from here.

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
I tried to report a self-destructor that I met in a tourney. It only gave me the option to block him, reporting wasn't available (mind you this is on the Wii U version) so is reporting only doable on For Glory mode?

ToMoBoBo

Smash Rookie
It's just a bad system. I've heard the 3ds doesn't have as many banland problems due to a report cooldown 1 per day. I've been in banland 3 times now and it's making me very salty. I don't try to be a ********, I try to play the game and have fun. You can usually tell who it was that sent you to banland. A few fights ago there was some douchy kid talking **** in the CSS and then suddenly everyone's like him. There's already filters for the name thing, which technically isn't even chatting. No one is cheating online as of yet. So really, there's nothing you could even do wrong in the game, it's a complete safety netted online experience, yet you can report people. Why Sakurai, why?

D

Deleted member

I went on For Glory yesterday and I realized that I was in For Glory Hell.
I fought a pretty good Ryu yesterday and after leaving the room, I found him immediately afterwards. I also fought another guy and then I found him again after 2 hours of playing.
FGH is something that discourages me from using the mode. Sure, I do find a lot of good opponents now, but some of these people are just rude, obnoxious, or really want me to be salty. To be grouped with these kinds of people makes me pretty sad.
Should there be a report system? Yes, but not like the one we have here. If Nintendo isn't investigating why certain people are being reported, then why have a report system? Why should only 1 report send some innocents straight into FGH? This isn't karma or grouping horrible people with horrible people; this is a system that's easily abusable.

EDIT: In case anyone is curious, I haven't encountered anyone with salty tags like "U SUK" recently. I believe I am in FGH not because of the skill of my opponents (though, I get a lot more good players than bad players to be honest), but the behavior of some of these opponents make it seem like that they want me to be salty. I also don't think that encountering the same opponents twice is a coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadhog360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roadhog360
When you complain about being reported and put up a poll if the report system should even exist, but you report me for using completely aesthetic mods in gameplay. Hypocritical, and now I know you deserved to be banned because of these misreports.
Bet you'd even report people who were merely using texture hacks and stage hacks (Spoiler: I also do that. Report me for it. Go ahead.) if you could tell who was using them, despite them having NO impact on the game for anyone else but the user. People like you are the reason we cannot have a little extra fun, because as soon as you see an aesthetic difference you act like it's the end of the world and needs to be reported.

Last edited:

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
When you complain about being reported and put up a poll if the report system should even exist, but you report me for using completely aesthetic mods in gameplay. Hypocritical, and now I know you deserved to be banned because of these misreports.
Bet you'd even report people who were merely using texture hacks and stage hacks (Spoiler: I also do that. Report me for it. Go ahead.) if you could tell who was using them, despite them having NO impact on the game for anyone else but the user. People like you are the reason we cannot have a little extra fun, because as soon as you see an aesthetic difference you act like it's the end of the world and needs to be reported.
I didn't report you, I only said it to throw you off(which it did) because me and my cousin were in the same lobby and we didn't want a disconnect off of a error code.
Sorry if that's how you feel, but some people also find it annoying(including my cousin) and eye soreing with the effects after the first minute or less(specially when they're all over the stage).
There are other mods I condone though, extra stages mod and mii fighters online.
So going based off of one opinion on one mod doesn't give you the right away to knowing my morals towards mods.

How would I report someone for using texture mods and/or model changes if it's only client side based?
Did you bother to proof read that?

Also, you can't be serious to think that people wouldn't be annoyed with such a mod like this. You would have be to blind if you thought you were not going to get negative feedback and response for something as obnoxious as that, right along with the kirby T-pose glitch.

Also the topic is for wrongful reporting, reports that are unjustified and mainly nothing, but tyrant responses from people that get upset with losing. Your spin on the topic is irrelevant to why these reports are wrongful.
I could have reported you(but I didn't) because I felt you were interupting the flow of the game and disturbing the players with such effects.

Diemian

Smash Rookie
I report anyone using any kind of mods or hacks in any game online. Those are for offline use only.
"I only use texture hacks" is what people say when they sneak in +kb and dmg on their fair and fsmash.
Offline is for you. You can do whatever you want. Online is for everyone, try not to be a selfish child. I love you went the "hacker hero" route, thinking you're doing people a service when you're really doing whatever you want and don't care about other people. I bet you were one of the kids who ruined mario kart wii back in the day and turned it into an unplayable hack mess.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
I report anyone using any kind of mods or hacks in any game online. Those are for offline use only.
"I only use texture hacks" is what people say when they sneak in +kb and dmg on their fair and fsmash.
Offline is for you. You can do whatever you want. Online is for everyone, try not to be a selfish child. I love you went the "hacker hero" route, thinking you're doing people a service when you're really doing whatever you want and don't care about other people. I bet you were one of the kids who ruined mario kart wii back in the day and turned it into an unplayable hack mess.
To be fair though, there isn't a way for this at all because it will just result in a error and discon disconnect everyone

Roadhog360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roadhog360
I didn't report you, I only said it to throw you off(which it did) because me and my cousin were in the same lobby and we didn't want a disconnect off of a error code.
Sorry if that's how you feel, but some people also find it annoying(including my cousin) and eye soreing with the effects after the first minute or less(specially when they're all over the stage).
There are other mods I condone though, extra stages mod and mii fighters online.
So going based off of one opinion on one mod doesn't give you the right away to knowing my morals towards mods.

How would I report someone for using texture mods and/or model changes if it's only client side based?
Did you bother to proof read that?

Also, you can't be serious to think that people wouldn't be annoyed with such a mod like this. You would have be to blind if you thought you were not going to get negative feedback and response for something as obnoxious as that, right along with the kirby T-pose glitch.

Also the topic is for wrongful reporting, reports that are unjustified and mainly nothing, but tyrant responses from people that get upset with losing. Your spin on the topic is irrelevant to why these reports are wrongful.
I could have reported you(but I didn't) because I felt you were interupting the flow of the game and disturbing the players with such effects.
Oh. I'm sorry for misunderstanding that. I suppose I was being a little bit of an ignorant prick in that post. I'm sorry if anything was rude or misunderstood. (Honestly was just trying to find a taunt party to play around in and have fun, but if it's a serious fight I should probably avoid bringing up my shield.)
I should probably go back to using the Fighting Mii Enemy online since they don't interrupt the game and are fun because they're not your average Mii.
BTW, errors don't happen with that Yoshi, but I was just doing it for the gits and shiggles. Sorry if it bothered you a tad. But I can also sometimes forget the modder sees it as a tiny red flash instead of a gigantic bright annoying overbearing blue flash.

Okay, I'm going to make this short and simple. That isn't even possible. You can't sneak extra damage because that would involve changing the files which = desync. If you really think that modding for online is possible, you're mistaken. I also have never owned Mario Kart Wii, but if I did, my hacks would be all fun in games and I'd make sure to land in last place every time. That being said, I'm not going only offline with my mods. Especially the ones that don't affect anyone else at all, thank you. Plus, how could you tell if they were using texture mods or not? Again, it isn't possible for anyone to deal more or less damage or knockback. Perhaps your DI is bad and you just misjudge the attacks because you are salty. Anyways, back to the topic, model hacks are usually only visible to the user, cannot and will not ever do anything to the recipient's games. It's not possible. You try to shun me for trying to be a 'hacker hero', when in reality, you're trying to act like because you don't mod your game, automatically any person who does is being unfair and needs their balls chopped off. Now knowing this, please understand we mean no harm. Go have a cup of tea, and finish your day off in a better note, please.

Last edited:

Diemian

Smash Rookie
"this isn't even possible" google it. The hacks have been out for a while and people have been hard at "work" getting them to work online and around any detection. Tell the guy I saw using an obvious +run/air speed roy on 1v1 FG earlier this week (No wii u name, couldnt even look at his profile or report/block error d/c'd when i tried) hacks online neeeever happen. Tell the guy busted for modding his main for a local that ****heads won't find a way to be a ****heads.
I also have never owned Mario Kart Wii, but if I did, my hacks would be all fun in games and I'd make sure to land in last place every time. <---- I can find countless topics in mario kart wii forums with hackers that said the same thing almost word for word. This is exactly what a majority of them did. So either you're lying and you did it, or you just straight up confirmed you would just be like the rest of them, doing what you wanted to do without taking into consideration all the other people who bought the game to play the game, not having some idiot who thinks he's a mario kart D&D DM. People who hack online are ****lords. These are fun products, meant for entertainment, and you ruin them out of your own selfishness. "Salt salt salt. You're just salty! Salty salt saltiness" <--- the go to misdirection of selfish, garbage people devoid of empathy.

Roadhog360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roadhog360
"this isn't even possible" google it. The hacks have been out for a while and people have been hard at "work" getting them to work online and around any detection. Tell the guy I saw using an obvious +run/air speed roy on 1v1 FG earlier this week (No wii u name, couldnt even look at his profile or report/block error d/c'd when i tried) hacks online neeeever happen. Tell the guy busted for modding his main for a local that ****heads won't find a way to be a ****heads.
I also have never owned Mario Kart Wii, but if I did, my hacks would be all fun in games and I'd make sure to land in last place every time. <---- I can find countless topics in mario kart wii forums with hackers that said the same thing almost word for word. This is exactly what a majority of them did. So either you're lying and you did it, or you just straight up confirmed you would just be like the rest of them, doing what you wanted to do without taking into consideration all the other people who bought the game to play the game, not having some idiot who thinks he's a mario kart D&D DM. People who hack online are ****lords. These are fun products, meant for entertainment, and you ruin them out of your own selfishness. "Salt salt salt. You're just salty! Salty salt saltiness" <--- the go to misdirection of selfish, garbage people devoid of empathy.
You sound angry. There is no way to do this kind of hack online, as you have to modify your game files and will desync if you use modified attack. It's not a protection or a filter in the game, it's how it works. Now modding that kind of way at a LOCAL is possible because everyone has the same game and attack files. Anyone who mods movesets at a local and doesn't tell anyone what was changed really just shouldn't bring their Wii U at all. That's just sour. If you say these hacks are possible, then PROVE IT. Save a replay instead of making empty comments without even showing anyone.
As for that Roy player, you were probably salty. As a Roy main, Roy is a very fast character as well. That isn't possible and you are misjudging the attacks and speed because you are just really bad at the game and think everyone's cheating and out to bite your ass. (Spoiler Alert: You're terrible! Get better!)
And as for MkWii, this is probably the most ignorant mess of words I've ever seen in my life. So just because some other a-hole went to lie on their word, EVERYONE will? I don't think I'm god, but I would not even be on the track or hitting anyone. So tell me again how that's interrupting the game especially if I drive the wrong way against the grass doing nothing? It'd be barely distracting at that point. This is what I'd do if I had MkWii and I hate people who just assume things based on floppy, invalid points and will accuse everyone of using unfair mods just because they don't know the structure of the game they are playing.

Anyways, here's an edit. I can explain how moveset/damage/stage collision changes can desync online in more ways than one.

Last edited:

Roadhog360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roadhog360
Looks like I've won this argument, then?

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
It took a while but I think I've finally landed here. Tried to do FG team battles yesterday and not a single person joined. I gave up after a little over an hour. Same thing happened today...

How long does this crap last?

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
That's strange because the Nintendo help desk said straight up 'oh you were put there because you kept disconnecting in the middle of matches. The game puts you in banned land automatically if the game sees you doing that'. This was straight from the Nintendo support desk she also said that going under spectate and such counts for time spent in there.
This makes me think the rep you talked to did know what you were talking about. Since it would be irrelevant as I understand it, for you to spend time in spectator mode to somehow help get your time in for glory hell shortened. I'm sure this person was referring to taking time off of the 10 minute ban. As far as my experience goes, only being reported in game by other players, justified or not, is what sends you to for glory hell.

Oh, and in response to the poll question. I don't think there should be a reporting system (unless done right) but truthfully, with the option to block people, I don't even see why it is necessary. Whether you are salty, you don't like their play style, you don't like their character, or even if someone is a genuine richard to you, block them! end of story, you don't have to play with them. This judge and execution only style of reporting system is stupid, especially when you have the option to block.

Last edited:

evilwizard

Smash Rookie
Im glad you wrote a post on this. I have just arrived in FG hell for the 9th time. It's super annoying and it feels like no matter what I do, people can just easily send me back there. I dont taunt and I dont even usually say anything with my tags. I just play....I would consider myself pretty good so I'm not suprised when people are reporting me after I destroy them, but that obviously isn't a good reason to report. I like for glory a lot and it sucks I cant play there for more than 4-5 days without getting banned again for 2 weeks. Nintendo needs to fix the report system but it wont ever happen, but its good that you are trying to spread awarenees. Who knows...maybe Sakurai will see this thread.

Last edited:

MetroidFan59

Smash Rookie
NNID
MetroidFan59
I went on For Glory yesterday and I realized that I was in For Glory Hell.
I fought a pretty good Ryu yesterday and after leaving the room, I found him immediately afterwards. I also fought another guy and then I found him again after 2 hours of playing.
FGH is something that discourages me from using the mode. Sure, I do find a lot of good opponents now, but some of these people are just rude, obnoxious, or really want me to be salty. To be grouped with these kinds of people makes me pretty sad.
Should there be a report system? Yes, but not like the one we have here. If Nintendo isn't investigating why certain people are being reported, then why have a report system? Why should only 1 report send some innocents straight into FGH? This isn't karma or grouping horrible people with horrible people; this is a system that's easily abusable.

EDIT: In case anyone is curious, I haven't encountered anyone with salty tags like "U SUK" recently. I believe I am in FGH not because of the skill of my opponents (though, I get a lot more good players than bad players to be honest), but the behavior of some of these opponents make it seem like that they want me to be salty. I also don't think that encountering the same opponents twice is a coincidence.
I feel you,my friend.I deal with that all the time I play For glory hell...I dealt with a LOT of people that are really wanting me to be salty...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom