• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Hell, For Glory Hell, Ban Land Needs to be Noticed

Should there even be a report system?

• Total voters

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
EDIT:
Made a Q&A for anyone that has questions
Q&A: Smash Hell, For Glory Hell, or Ban Land
OLD:
Hey guys, I'm still banned, its been almost 3 weeks now.
I also did research that once your put into this room, its alot easier to come back when you get out. So we need to have a voice on this because this is ridiculous.

So I decided to make a very detailed post on miiverse so that it can receive tons of feedback that way everyone would be aware and our voices could be heard. Right now, many people do not know about this, which is why I need your help, we need to get everybody on the same page.

Please go on miiverse either on the wii or other internet capable device and give my post a yeah and comment if you like. This needs to be Addressed to Nintendo.

NNID:Wolfenrb
The post to give a yeah should be obvious.
Link:https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHka7mbi7A

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
absolutely zero explanation as to what this is
OP was banned on For Glory "without reason" and is petitioning people to speak out about it, because it's ostensibly a miscarriage of justice.

Bear in mind I don't have an opinion on OP's mishap either way, just demonstrating what this thread is about.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
OP was banned on For Glory "without reason" and is petitioning people to speak out about it, because it's ostensibly a miscarriage of justice.

Bear in mind I don't have an opinion on OP's mishap either way, just demonstrating what this thread is about.
Getting reported for crashing taunt parties and winning almost every match sounds like something I would never get reported for because no one on earth is ever salty.

Are you done "demonstrating" the thread? Or are you actually going to know what you're actually talking about, Otaku?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Getting reported for crashing taunt parties and winning almost every match sounds like something I would never get reported for because no one on earth is ever salty.

Are you done "demonstrating" the thread? Or are you actually going to know what you're actually talking about, Otaku?
...What?

@ Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr asked for clarification on this thread's purpose.

I clarified for him.

Sorry if that was inferred as a personal affront towards the nature of the thread.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
...What?

@ Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr asked for clarification on this thread's purpose.

I clarified for him.

Sorry if that was inferred as a personal affront towards the nature of the thread.
You clearly made it that way on purpose, specially with the "without a reason" stated as if I'm a liar, which I don't tolerate.

Your approach was bit sour and that label I was given was totally unnecessary. You can give him or her clarification, but there is a much better way of doing it.

If you thought your post didn't have any offense then I think you really need to severely rethink your thought process.

You're a premium memeber, act like it.
Apology accepted.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You clearly made it that way on purpose, specially with the "without a reason" stated as if I'm a liar, which I don't tolerate.

Your approach was bit sour and that label I was given was totally unnecessary. You can give him or her clarification, but there is a much better way of doing it.

If you thought your post didn't have any offense then I think you really need to severely rethink your thought process.

Apology accepted.
I have no idea how to respond to this.

I tried.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Apology accepted.
...Since when did premium members need to act a certain way?

Seriously, all @ Wintropy Wintropy did was clarify what happened to you.

The reason why he said "without reason" was because YOU didn't provide a reason.

I have no clue why you are taking this so personally because of word choices of all things....

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Apology accepted.
...bruh...really?

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Have you called Nintendo to directly address the issue?

Charu

Smash Cadet
The players that get caught in this Smash Hell have tried calling only for the customer service to not know how to answer and or if they did answer they don't tell us what happened.

Only that we are apparently banned and need to wait for a week (or more).

To the OP, have you been continuously going on FG even after discovering you were sent to Smash Hell? It seems like you have a higher chance of staying longer if you do due to people in Smash Hell being able to report you still.

EDIT: ACTUALLY, hold on.

I remember seeing you when I went to see if I was still in Smash Hell when I was still there and you were in 1v1's.

I definitely remember your Mii Avatar, but I supposed another person could've been using that avatar. That's just a huge coincidence though.

Last edited:

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
The players that get caught in this Smash Hell have tried calling only for the customer service to not know how to answer and or if they did answer they don't tell us what happened.

Ah, I see. Guess it's not much help aside from just voicing the issue with hearsay.
TBH, I thought the reporting system was what Smash went under maintenance for, but I suppose I was wrong and misinformed. I apologize.

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
If you crashed taunt parties, you deserve the ban. Have some manners. You should be happy they banned you for only 2.5 weeks.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Have you called Nintendo to directly address the issue?
Called them several times and was told the same thing.

"We dont have the power to lift the ban" or "We have no knowledge of the ban time lapsing" or something like that.

The tech support is really no help and only as useful as making an essasy or feedback for someone to read. Which is why I plan on having this heard by all in the first place so no one has to put up with this(mainly innocent players).

For every bad player thrown into the abyss, there is four innocent one's pulled in along with them for false reports.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice

To the OP, have you been continuously going on FG even after discovering you were sent to Smash Hell? It seems like you have a higher chance of staying longer if you do due to people in Smash Hell being able to report you still.

EDIT: ACTUALLY, hold on.

I remember seeing you when I went to see if I was still in Smash Hell when I was still there and you were in 1v1's.

I definitely remember your Mii Avatar, but I supposed another person could've been using that avatar. That's just a huge coincidence though.

Yes, I have been playing FG still. You mean to you tell me the ban expands even more from just playing with players in the bad player lobby? I wish I would've known about this. This is exactly why I think this should be put out with.

I may know you though, what's your username and nnid? And so far, I'm the only person I know of that has this mii

Also are you still in FG hell? If not how long did it take for you?

Last edited:

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
If you crashed taunt parties, you deserve the ban. Have some manners. You should be happy they banned you for only 2.5 weeks.
I don't hop on smash to be stuck in a room with players that do small activities from taunting to footstooling and teabagging repeatedly for a whole 2 mins and probably end up with the same situation when I goto another room.

Not to mention some would 3v1 or 2v1 me because I just joined the room so they would treat me like an odd ball.

Taunt parties is cancer to online smash and is one of the main reasons why this report system even exsist, which makes me hate it even more.

Last edited:

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
I don't hop on smash to be stuck in a room with players that do small activities from taunting to footstooling and teabagging repeatedly for a whole 2 mins and probably end up with the same situation when I goto another room.

Not to mention some would 3v1 or 2v1 me because I just joined the room so they would treat me like an odd ball.

Taunt parties is cancer to online smash and is one of the main reasons why this report system even exsist, which makes me hate it even more.
You clearly didn't read the manual after the last update, did you? It clearly states that if you're a guest at a taunt party, you should behave and act like a guest.

Charu

Smash Cadet
I may know you though, what's your username and nnid? And so far, I'm the only person I know of that has this mii

Also are you still in FG hell? If not how long did it take for you?
You probably only saw it briefly because I chose to not play in FG Hell but just rather see who's in it.

Name was Charu and I was going around either with "Smash Hell" tag or "Oh Hi Doggy" tag when I knew I was still in there.

It took roughly 8 days for me to get out.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
You probably only saw it briefly because I chose to not play in FG Hell but just rather see who's in it.

Name was Charu and I was going around either with "Smash Hell" tag or "Oh Hi Doggy" tag when I knew I was still in there.

It took roughly 8 days for me to get out.
Yea I seen you actually, and I remember how you just joined then immediately left.

Also today there is maintenance for the eshop and I suppose for smash online too. Were we heard already?

Last edited:

Charu

Smash Cadet
Oh dang, no I didn't know about that.

Two maintenance in under 2 weeks? What da...

Oh, and when you do finally get out of Smash Hell. Recommend just strictly doing Tournament Mode until... well... this system is known and then people can actually do something about it with Nintendo.

Last edited:

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Oh dang, no I didn't know about that.

Two maintenance in under 2 weeks? What da...

Oh, and when you do finally get out of Smash Hell. Recommend just strictly doing Tournament Mode until... well... this system is known and then people can actually do something about it with Nintendo.
Yea, which is why I made that post on miiverse for everyone to notice, it actually ended up being in the most popular posts category :).

And I hope I don't have to play tourney until this gets fixed. Tourney is also flawed and hope it eventually gets fixed.

But mainly I'm hoping this maintenance is the fixing of this report system because I have been in this session for too damn long to begin with.

Last edited:

Charu

Smash Cadet
I don't think Miiverse gets that much traction, but I suppose it's a good way to get Nintendo to maybe listen since it's there baby.

idk, I'm just gonna do tournament mode forever until I either see no more reports of players getting soft-banned, Nintendo actually tells us what changes they did, or if half the population for Smash 4 gets in it which will force Nintendo to do something.

FallenHero

Smash Ace

Apology accepted.
You get offended way too easily. You got banned, too bad just wait until the ban is lifted. If you really did get banned for no reason, then that sucks, but don't make a thread just to tell people to help you get unbanned.

I think there shouldn't be a report system, because there will be those people who get way too salty way too easily and will report someone just because they got their *** handed to them 5 times in a row.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
You clearly didn't read the manual after the last update, did you? It clearly states that if you're a guest at a taunt party, you should behave and act like a guest.
Show me where it says that. I find it hard to believe.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
A report system is absolutely necessary considering how awful a lot of people are. Racism, transphobia, homophobia and various other kinds of hatred need to be punished somehow.

Also, yay for yet another thread about online bans!

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
You get offended way too easily. You got banned, too bad just wait until the ban is lifted. If you really did get banned for no reason, then that sucks, but don't make a thread just to tell people to help you get unbanned.

I think there shouldn't be a report system, because there will be those people who get way too salty way too easily and will report someone just because they got their *** handed to them 5 times in a row.
Yea I already pm him or her about my actions and apologized.

"You got banned, too bad just wait until the ban is lifted. If you really did get banned for no reason, then that sucks, but don't make a thread just to tell people to help you get unbanned."

As for this, I never had my intentions of having others help me get unbanned because I know there isn't even a way to get the ban lifted, if you were actually paying attention to the post.

My intentions were to show a clear example that this report system is mediocre and everyone, specially Nintendo needs to catch wind of it.

I may have been showing off my booty in the introduction of this thread, but that doesn't quite excuse you from doing so either.

"I think there shouldn't be a report system, because there will be those people who get way too salty way too easily and will report someone just because they got their *** handed to them 5 times in a row."

Exactly my point.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Miiverse gets that much traction, but I suppose it's a good way to get Nintendo to maybe listen since it's there baby.

idk, I'm just gonna do tournament mode forever until I either see no more reports of players getting soft-banned, Nintendo actually tells us what changes they did, or if half the population for Smash 4 gets in it which will force Nintendo to do something.

To me, every bit counts, it has to start somewhere or else some people would be left in the dark about it until winding up in there.

I didn't know this existed and when I had to research online, this has been going for quite awhile now.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
A report system is absolutely necessary considering how awful a lot of people are. Racism, transphobia, homophobia and various other kinds of hatred need to be punished somehow.
You do know a lot of the people who do that are doing that just for the purpose of pissing people like you off? Most them don't actually mean that. I agree they should be punished for saying offensive things like that, but it really isn't that big of a problem for people who don't get easily offended.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice

I can see why there needs to be a reporting system, but unless it's done right and professionally, then I rather turn it down.

Sure, people with bad behavior are getting captured but so are every few innocent players as well for each bad behavior player.
If they want to keep the report system, fine. But actually do it right. If not, then get it out, eventually kids are going to be exposed to this anyways. This is not even a small dose to real life, this isn't xbox live either.
There isn't pedophiles tracking kid's ips on here. And words are just words. That's my opinion.

I'm sure there is something else besides banning players. If there's a will there's a way.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Your "for every one bad player, four good player" statistic needs some kind of meaningful study backing it up.

It is far more accurate to say:

"The reporting and FG Hell system are prone to abuse, and it's not at all unusual for innocent players to be sent to 'Hell' for any of several reasons. It happened to me and I don't do any of the usual bad things like hacking/cheating, racism, hate speech, sexism, or so on. I'm just trying to play and because Reports aren't verified - or if they are it is very badly so - I got sent to the 'bad place'... and I'm not alone in having this happen. We need to bring this to Nintendo's attention so they can fix it, because they didn't think this one through very well."

THAT I would sympathize with, as I have it happen to me a lot. Probably due to people getting angry that I play projectile-centric characters.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman

A report shstem only works when someone reviews the report. I highly doubt Nintendo is sitting through each and every report.
Considering that people who go in just to get out and back in have said that they make the conscious effort to not break any rules shows that no one reviewing the reports

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
A report shstem only works when someone reviews the report. I highly doubt Nintendo is sitting through each and every report.
Considering that people who go in just to get out and back in have said that they make the conscious effort to not break any rules shows that no one reviewing the reports
"I highly doubt Nintendo is sitting through each and every report."

There is nothing to doubt about this, because when reporting someone, it doesn't involve any depth/detail whatever. It only takes a single button press. And that is the most horrible take I have ever seen for a report system.

Honestly, Nintendo is just really killing the game for me. Everyone just needs to buckle down and get with it because at the end of the day, it's merely just a game that barely has any communication at all, stuff everyone can ignore, you're not going to be scared from this. They need to stop taking this so seriously.

Last edited:

fehector

Smash Cadet
Nintendo beleaved in the honesty of players and tricked us thinking they investigate, so no one would try abusing it. some started it, and they explored the lopehole.

At the moment it is a revenge system. where bottom skileld players are using it the most.

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
"I highly doubt Nintendo is sitting through each and every report."

There is nothing to doubt about this, because when reporting someone, it doesn't involve any depth/detail whatever. It only takes a single button press. And that is the most horrible take I have ever seen for a report system.

Honestly, Nintendo is just really killing the game for me. Everyone just needs to buckle down and get with it because at the end of the day, it's merely just a game that barely has any communication at all, stuff everyone can ignore, you're not going to be scared from this. They need to stop taking this so seriously.
So what have you learned from all this?

Don't be a party pooper.

abx

Smash Journeyman
An easy solution would be: Remove the possibility to change tags, keep the regular filters for classic insults and other indecent names. The only issue left are people playing awful on purpose like ruining 2v2 games just to annoy the own partner and stuff. This can be remedied by personal ban lists. I'm not sure whether these are implemented already or not, I never bothered. This way everyone can make sure that she/he hasn't to encounter those players again. Then the only issue left are new people playing awfully. That can't be helped in any way, though, but it's much more tolerable.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
An easy solution would be: Remove the possibility to change tags, keep the regular filters for classic insults and other indecent names. The only issue left are people playing awful on purpose like ruining 2v2 games just to annoy the own partner and stuff. This can be remedied by personal ban lists. I'm not sure whether these are implemented already or not, I never bothered. This way everyone can make sure that she/he hasn't to encounter those players again. Then the only issue left are new people playing awfully. That can't be helped in any way, though, but it's much more tolerable.
How about no tags at all? Sure, controls are locked to tags, but that doesn't mean I have to see your tag. Tags should be hidden when playing random people online. It serves no purpose other than to create a window for insults.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
How about no tags at all? Sure, controls are locked to tags, but that doesn't mean I have to see your tag. Tags should be hidden when playing random people online. It serves no purpose other than to create a window for insults.
I've used tags to carry on brief conversations requesting my opponent use their top characters, among other things. They have some valid use, even if their most frequent use is to remind you that Smash 4 needs a 'hit opponent in face with a hammer in real life' button.

Top Bottom