• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash for Smiles - March 1st, Bellingham WA

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Costs:
Recommended donation of $5.00 if you aren't entering a bracket.
Super Smash Bros. 1v1 $10.00

Rules:
Game Settings:
Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available
All sets are best-of-3 except for the following which are best-of-5:
Grand Finals, Winners finals, losers finals.

Stages:
The Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Peach’s Castle and Dream Land.
The first match is always Dream Land

Characters:
All characters are legal.
For visibility reasons, players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon
(Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without
penalty if they wish for a color change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Set Procedure:
Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
The first match is played.
The loser of the previous match selects the next match’s stage from the Starter Stage and Counter pick Stage Lists.
The winner of the previous match selects their character.
The loser of the previous match selects their character.
The next match is played.
Above four steps are repeated if necessary.
Players may not counterpick to a stage they already won on that they picked themselves.

Additional Rules:
Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification from the tournament.
If a player pauses without prior agreement from the other opponent, the opponent has the right to gain a stock or take away the pauser’s stock from the moment of the pause and begin a rematch where both players’ percentages are reset to zero. The opponent also has the option to simply force the pauser to forfeit a stock without restarting the match.
Extreme stalling is disallowed. Any reported case of such will result in a warning, followed by automatic forfeit of the match as per the discretion of the TO. If there is no movement from either player, the losing player is considered to be stalling.

This is a charity event, so 1/3 of the proceeds go to the Operation Smile Foundation. Let's do something we love for the good of others.
There will also be Melee and PM.
We're starting at Noon on the 1st, with setups starting at 11 or so. So if you're bringing crts or 64s try to get there a little bit earlier.
WWU campus VU 565. Toss me a message if you need directions.
Here's a link to the Facebook page for the event. https://www.facebook.com/events/721804521171621/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Last edited:

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Seems there might be a good turn out for this. If I have time off work I will try to go and do my best to get the great Kefit to come to.

please bring CRT TVs to this.

Last edited:

Captain L

Smash Champion
Trying to get the day off, if I can I will certainly be there! What time will the 64 bracket run till you think?

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Shouldn't be too late. We'll have a lot of setups and be running it pretty effeciently. Lots of friendlies afterwards. Festivities to follow.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...

If this really does run to 10pm and then festivities, does that mean I have to convince some of you nerds to house me just in case I get too sleepy to drive home?

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
I have a very comfortable couch that sleeps two and a slightly less comfortable floor that sleeps many. If anybody needs a place to stay the night drop me a message and it should work out.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Canada carpool confirmed, featuring me and at least one other 64 player (hopefully 3 more)

TranqJim

Smash Cadet
This just in:
30 rack of keystone ice confirmed. May be bringing known counterparts such as "Busch Light" and the infamous "Ice House"

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Me and Kefit are confirmed. As long as it does not snow. Also BladeWise well be there.

Nice event!!

link to results
http://challonge.com/S4S64/module

1st: Kefit

2ed: Captain L

3ed: Jel

4th place:MCGODD

5th place tie:
KaZzu
Tait

7th place tie:
Bladewise
Innocent Tuna

9th place tie:
Littlespoon
Ace
Fig
ZenMasterFong

13th place tie:
Tranq Jim
LEO
Thel
Firefly

17th place tie:
Btown
Taylor
Gordo
Lucas
Aria
J-Deez
Peter

Last edited:

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Great games everybody. I finally got to defeat my friendly Canadian rival in bracket only to have him knock me out in loser's. Alas, maybe next time. Thanks for coming out everybody, hopefully I'll see you all at Gameclucks.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
GGS everyone.

Had some really fun games with Captain L and Mcgodd. Also went 2-3 with Captain L some close games :)

Top Bottom