• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH FOR FUN 2 - Blainville, Qc - October 20 (Pools up)

Vwins

Smash Ace
Venu info

Ramada Hotel
1136, Curé Labelle
Blainville, Quebec
J7C 3J4

Direction

Public Transport from Montreal

- Take the bus or the Metro to the Montmorency station.
- Take the bus 9 direction St-Jérome ( until the 84th avenue in blainville. There is a bus stop right in front of the Ramada.
- Bus 9 leave at 8h56 or 9h56 from Montmorency
- Bus 9 leave at 22h53 or 23h53 from the Ramada
- Bus 9 schedule: http://www.tec.amt.qc.ca/itec/pa1/circuits/CITLA_L9.htm
- Bus price: 5,60$ or 3,50$ if you are under 18 years old

Car

- Use Google map!!! http://maps.google.ca/
- for those who are too dumb to use google map I'll give you the direction.
- From Montreal: Take the Highway 15 north, Exit 25 Blainville, Turn left on Curé Labelle (4th light), continue on Curé Labelle, the Ramada will be on your right after 3 lights.

Carpool

- We will go twice to montmorency with 2 cars to provide transport before the tournament and we will go once to montmorency after the tournament.
- It will cost 2$ per person.
- Pick up time: 9h30 and 10h30

Entry fee

Singles - 15$
Teams - 20$
Low tiers - ?
Draft Crews ?

Pot size

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Schedule

9h00-11h15: Setup Tvs + Free play
11h15-12h00: Teams and Singles Registration
12h00-13h30: Teams bracket
13h30-17h00: Singles pools
17h00-17h45: Food time
17h45-18h00: Draft crews or low tiers registration
18h00-21h00: Singles bracket
21h00-12h00: Draft crews or low tiers
12h00-1h00: Free play + Clean up and get out

Tournament rules(STYD2 rules)

General:
- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers.
- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the church. In particular, do not damage any church or tournament participant's belongings, and do not make a lot of noise (there will be people other than us using the church during tournament hours, we don't want to get reported). If tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no modifications aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you may forfeit that match at the discretion of tournament staff.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the
match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match. This applies to both singles and doubles.
- The room costs money to rent, so the total pot amount will be entry fees minus the room rental cost (142$)
- You can't eat restaurant food inside the building.

Match rules:

- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit.
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed.
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before players choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).
- Neutral stages: Fountain of Dreams (BANNED in teams), DreamLand 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City (Banned in teams), Poke Floats, Donkey Kong 64, Jungle Japes
- Any other stage is BANNED in both singles and doubles.

Equipment (POST IF YOU CAN BRING EQUIPMENTS)

TVs:

1. pkmvodka
2. pkmvodka
3. Vwins
4. Vwins
5. Bam
6. Thatguy
7. Hero
8. Techiyo
9. Ottawa
10. Ottawa
11. Ottawa
12. Bigrick
13. Bigrick
14. Vwins
15. Vwins

Cubes:

1. pkmvodka
2. pkmvodka
3. Bam
4. Thatguy
5. Jarc
6. Hero
7. Techiyo
8. Vwins
9. Bigrick
10. Ottawa
11. Ottawa
12. Ottawa
13. Matt
14. Damax

VCR:

1. Jarc
2. Bam
3. Thatguy
4. Bigrick

Extention/power bar:

- Jarc (extention)
- Vwins (3 extention+ 5 power bars)
- Ottawa (power bars)
- Bam (1 Powerbar)
- Fogel (1 powerbar+1 extention)

Housing

Vwins(5-6):

- Thatguy
- Fogel
- SAUS
- Phronz
- Cbone
- Bigrick

Bam(2-3):

- Jarc
- chesterr01
-

pkmvodka(4-5):

- Wak
- DA
- Marco
- Lanowen
- Maelstrom
-

Carpool places

Vwins

1-
2-
3-
4-

pkmvodka (around 10h00)

1- Dylan_tnga
2-
3-
4-

Registration

Singles:

1. pkmvodka
2. Bam
3. Damax
4. chesterr01
5. Vwins
6. Thatguy
7. Jarc
8. Kage
9. Warranthad
10. Hero
11. Matt
12. Wak
13. DA
14. Card
15. Fogel
16. Lanowen
17. Dylan_tnga
18. RAID
19. Phrozn
20. xmhnx
21. Testrider
22. The Puff
23. Mr. Juicy
24. Pikalex
25. Smashmaniac_91
26. SAUS
27. Cbone
28. Bigrick
29. Techiyo
30. Marco
31. Bowser guy
32. H4
33. Redlink9
34. Dr. Funkenstein
35. Jaywinner
36. Maelstrom

Teams: (Cmon don't choke on the teams registration this time guys)

1. Team Quebec Alpha (Bam+Vwins)
2. Team overkill v2.0 (Kage+Matt)
3. Team emos /wrists (Fogel+Lanowen)
4. Reggie stole my bike (pkmvodka+Jarc)
5. Mr. Juicy + xmhnx
6. No mercy (Testrider+Chesterr01)
7. "The Muay Thai Samurais" (Thatguy+Damax)
8. H4 + Bowser guy
9. Redlink9 + Dr. Funkenstein
10. Republic of STFU (maelstrom+marco)

Pool 1

- Bam
- Testrider
- Warranthad
- Dylan_tnga
- Hero
- Smashmaniac_91
- Mr. Juicy
- Fogel
- Redlink9

Pool 2

- pkmvodka
- Matt
- SAUS
- Card
- Pikalex
- Wak
- xmhnx
- Dr. Funkenstein

Pool 3

- Vwins
- Jarc
- Kage
- Bigrick
- Cbone
- H4
- The Puff
- Marco

Pool 4

- chesterr01
- Damax
- Thatguy
- Phrozn
- Lanowen
- Bowser guy
- Techiyo
- DA
- Jaywinner

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Confirmed MVP Players? Lmao.

Count me in for Singles. I will bring a cube 100%. Maybe a TV. I will start looking for a doubles partner as well.

I will obviously vote for Draft crews.

I want to stay over there for the night if possible.

- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the church.

Vwins

Smash Ace
Maybe I will provide transport and housing friday night for those who can and want to bring a TV but don't have a car. Tell me if you are interested.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Maybe I will provide transport and housing friday night for those who can and want to bring a TV but don't have a car. Tell me if you are interested.
I can do that too.

I'd tell you to sign me up for stuff, but you probably already know everything by now.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
I'm in on dis shiz, yo.

Edit after partial reading : I wanna reserve Bams place for me, Chet and a lucky third person. Also, I'll see if I can bring my TV. I can bring my cube, vcr and extension cords.

Final edit : I'll get cF=) to read this and see if he wants to carpool also. As for doubles, I have no clue who I'm teaming with, yet.

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
**** why? are you the only one?
Sup Ottawa. Ok I'm pretty sure I can get a room for my tournament in october. I would like to know what is the best date for you guys to deal with school, work, etc. You can choose between the 20th or 27h october. If you plan to have alot of study near those dates maybe I can move the tournament in the first week of november. I should confirm the date and make a thread on the boards monday night.
I am only free on the 27th. My mom said she could drive Cbone, Saus and myself then. I will out of town at a university open house and will unable to drive myself and Cbone and Saus on the 20th.
I have to attend the university open house, I already tryed my parents and there is no way to work around it. I was going to be giving Cbone and Saus a lift too.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I'm in on dis shiz, yo.

Edit after partial reading : I wanna reserve Bams place for me, Chet and a lucky third person. Also, I'll see if I can bring my TV. I can bring my cube, vcr and extension cords.

Final edit : I'll get cF=) to read this and see if he wants to carpool also. As for doubles, I have no clue who I'm teaming with, yet.
You're teaming with me silly.

Heroic

Smash Cadet
count me in

THE HERO IS BACK.

count me in for doubles and singles, gonna bring a cube and a tv.

Now all I need is a team partner. Are you X-treme enough for it???

I'd vote for a crew battle.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
On m'a parlé du tournois, j'viendrai avec mon friend DA si j'réussis à me pogner un char avant le 20.
Count us in singles, pis est-ce que tu peux nous donner un toit pkm?

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
On m'a parlé du tournois, j'viendrai avec mon friend DA si j'réussis à me pogner un char avant le 20.
Count us in singles, pis est-ce que tu peux nous donner un toit pkm?
Devrait pas poser de problème.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Sign me up for singles. Lanowen + myself (emos /wrists) will team up if he's going to this, if not I'll team with someone else I know at the tourney. Also, I vote for draft crews for the third event.

I should be able to drive Ottawa people who can go, but we'll probably need housing and I'm not sure how many are coming for sure yet. Can anyone house 5 or less Ottawa smashers?

Vwins

Smash Ace
Count me in for Singles

btw... just to make sure... what is the status on Wobbling Vwins? Allowed or Banned?
In my opinion wobbles is not overpowered so yeah its allowed.
Sign me up for singles. Lanowen + myself (emos /wrists) will team up if he's going to this, if not I'll team with someone else I know at the tourney. Also, I vote for draft crews for the third event.

I should be able to drive Ottawa people who can go, but we'll probably need housing and I'm not sure how many are coming for sure yet. Can anyone house 5 or less Ottawa smashers?
yeah I can house you guys.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Jesus Christ, I just saw quebec crew vs takin care of business.

you guys are ******** at this game.

especially bam/vwins. wtf @ those nair/shines//******** pillars.

**** off.

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Lol your too slow. peut pas keep up with the boots

Note : this is bamsoldier speaking and for the other than don't understand well *** it

Top Bottom