• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Custom

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I intend to (at least work on) make a smash-like game, that will be for PC and be completely customizable by the community.

I'm in the process of making a 2D game engine to support a very smash-like feel and gamestyle. The catch is that it will be fully customizable by the community. This game will be meant to be easy to pick up, fun to play, impossible to "master", and cater to both casual and competitive gamers.

For development, I will be using the .NET 3.5 Framework and the XNA framework, coded fully in managed C#.

The game will come complete with a graphical editor for characters and stages, meaning little to no programming skill will be required to make custom content.

The aim is to make a game that most people will enjoy playing, both for fun and competitively, with a heavy focus on community.

We're always happy to have new additions to the team!

However, a thread is not large enough for this project. I've made a group on Allisbrawl ( http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=6112 ), but i wanted to spread it to the swf community. If anyone's interested, we're always looking for additional team members, so please voice your support!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Sounds very interesting.
Will it be hand drawn graphics/ custom sprites, or will it use ripped sprites?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Sounds very interesting.
Will it be hand drawn graphics/ custom sprites, or will it use ripped sprites?
It will use whatever graphics users want to use. It's fully based around community creation. Of course the development staff will probably have a hand in creating some content, which we will try to make look good, of course ;)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Good luck. Making a pc smash game is a road that many have tried but failed. Take this sword. It should help you on your journey

Mith_

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bros. SCOTU

Good Luck with this. I will be all over this once you get done (or if you make a beta version for testing.)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It's like a GOOD Smash Bros. version of MUGEN.

idk, i'm not that much a fan of MUGEN, but it was one of my inspirations.

Top Bottom